TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 46 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Request Scale and cropping features CM 1 2004-09-30 21:10:15
Question SVCD plays ONLY in windows media player need video help 3 2004-09-30 21:48:38
Question SVCD plays ONLY in windows media player need video help 0 2004-09-29 21:00:49
Question avi. to MPEG NO VIDEO good sound Bossman555 2 2004-10-07 02:14:26
Question error xvid to svcd Dkt32 1 2004-09-29 09:49:41
Question What is needed for tmpgenc to read VirtualDub vdr files UDX 2 2004-10-04 04:58:27
Free talk Sharing MPEG2 files. Which CODEC to use? KK 7 2004-09-30 16:17:47
Question .avi and .srt --> .avi with subs? untutored youth 3 2004-09-27 17:45:16
Question Convert RM to MPEG1, NO SOUND sean 1 2004-10-18 01:00:37
Question PS Bully 1 2004-09-26 19:16:57
Question VBR audio extraction Bully 4 2004-09-30 23:13:03
Question Convert RM to MPEG1, NO SOUND sean 0 2004-09-26 15:24:37

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 46 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Request - Scale and cropping features No.42374
CM  2004-09-30 06:47:41 ( ID:xqquthtystn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Are there any way to scale and crop the movie while converting. For example: I want to scale a wide screen into 4:3.

Thanks.

ashy  2004-09-30 21:10:15 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG does this as default.
If your looking for resize options then look under the 'Advanced tab' and double click 'Clip frame'

Question - SVCD plays ONLY in windows media player No.42370
need video help  2004-09-29 21:22:14 ( ID:melkkzao/xf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used TMPGEnc 2.5 free version to convert a wmv to mpeg. I used the wizzard and didn't change any of the settings, used all defaults. Once encoded I used Nero to burn an SVCD on CD-R. The CDR won't play in WinDVD or my stand alone DVD player. It will play in windows media player. I want to play it in the standalone, which I know plays CDR's and CDRW's. According to the manual it plays VCD 1.1 or 2.0. Dosen't mention SVCD.

Anyone know what I need to do to make the SVCD play in WinDVD and the standalone DVD player??

Thanks

UDX  2004-09-29 23:12:37 ( ID:svecb2sbqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One thing I can think of is that Nero has that compatibility checkbox for a specific folder (one is mpegav the other is mpeg2 I think).

That could be the issue as it is not probably "detected".

Might I ask what is the dvd player type? I am actually looking for the ones that support VCD 1.1 chapters (as opposed to VCD 2.0)

ashy  2004-09-30 00:09:30 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you split the MPEG before burning?

need video help  2004-09-30 21:48:38 ( ID:melkkzao/xf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's a Toshiba SDK730. I bought it at Costco, very inexpensive.

It appears as though the DVD player dosen't support SVCD. I made a VCD that played with no problems. The quality was actually better than I expected. Neither the VCD nor the SVCD play in WinDVD 4. Info I've found on WinDVD indicated that it should play both.

What does it mean to "split the mpeg"?

Question - SVCD plays ONLY in windows media player No.42369
need video help  2004-09-29 21:00:49 ( ID:melkkzao/xf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used TMPGEnc 2.5 free version to convert a wmv to mpeg. I used the wizzard and didn't change any of the settings, used all defaults. Once encoded I used Nero to burn an SVCD on CD-R. The CDR won't play in WinDVD or my stand alone DVD player. It will play in windows media player. I want to play it in the standalone, which I know plays CDR's and CDRW's. According to the manual it plays VCD 1.1 or 2.0. Dosen't mention SVCD.

Anyone know what I need to do to make the SVCD play in WinDVD and the standalone DVD player??

Thanks

Question - avi. to MPEG NO VIDEO good sound No.42366
Bossman555  2004-09-28 22:51:25 ( ID:y0nrdksbyfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i completed my encode. Then played file their was no video but great quality sound. NO VIDEO!!. Just a black screen...
ANY IDEAS

B_Racer  2004-09-29 09:51:25 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not even Ideas, answers...

Do a Research on VFAPI priority settings. Especially search for the DirectShow Multimedia File reader

Rob_M  2004-10-07 02:14:26 ( ID:d9xisbobcig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Had this just today. You're missing a Codec for AVI, Possibly need to download latest Divx Pack, 5.2.2. Tried this myself and fixed the problem.

Question - error xvid to svcd No.42364
Dkt32  2004-09-28 20:45:49 ( ID:1v7oj97gndc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm converting xvid AVI to SVCD, getting this error:
http://img31.exs.cx/img31/1632/heh323.jpg

I have the K-Lite full codec pack.

B_Racer  2004-09-29 09:49:41 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Remove this crappy Codec-Pack...

Question - What is needed for tmpgenc to read VirtualDub vdr files No.42361
UDX  2004-09-28 01:30:25 ( ID:svecb2sbqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this possible?

I think I have done at some point in Windows 98 but now I just can't seem to do it regardless of what I do and set the priority levels in Tmpgenc Options.

Thanks

ashy  2004-09-28 16:16:43 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you install the Virtualdub frame server client first?
Also make the 'VFW file reader' top priority in the VFAPI plugins

UDX  2004-10-04 04:58:27 ( ID:svecb2sbqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. It was that VFW thing. Now that I moved it up it works great.

Free talk - Sharing MPEG2 files. Which CODEC to use? No.42353
KK  2004-09-27 16:40:29 ( ID:vknbbge1p2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to share some of the MPEG2 files I have created with TMPEGENC Plus 2.5 (registered) from AVI files. I want to make sure that people who get the files can view them, so I am thinking I need to tell them where to download the correct codec if their system doesn't already have it. I am using the TMPEGENC CODEC that came with the software.
Is there a place for people to download the codec from TMPGENC?
Is there another free CODEC that will work?
Should I not use TMPEGENC's codec and instead use another free codec to encode the files so that others can view them?

Thanks for the recommendations!

ashy  2004-09-27 17:54:06 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean you are using TMPG's codec?
TMPG's codec can only decode MPEG2 files that are loaded into it. It does not get registered with windows and cannot used to play back MPEG2 content with a mediaplayer.

All your friends need is a capable MPEG2 player of which there are several. 2 good free solutions are Media Player Classic and VLC player.
Both are self contained apps that don't need installing and quite small especially Media player classic which is a self contained .EXE and plays nearly any format yet only weighs in at under 1.5MB!

KK  2004-09-29 15:12:36 ( ID:vknbbge1p2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I mean that when I send these short videos to friends they need the same codec I used to create the video. For example if I encode the video with main concept's MPEG2 CODEC, then send the file to a friend, they won't be able to open it without that same CODEC (even if they have WinDVD, Media PLayer, or whatever). So, how do I make sure they can open movies I create with the TMPGENC encoder? What codecs work? Which ones don't? Where can they download the ones that do?

KK.

ashy  2004-09-29 18:38:57 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, no, you've got it completely wrong. It does not matter which codec was used to encode it. You don't need the same codec it was encoded with, that would be just daft.
As long as you have a compatible MPEG2 codec to play it back then it will play fine.
Of course WinDVD will play it. It will play any MPEG2 files no matter which encoder created them as will the players that I already suggested previously.

KK  2004-09-29 19:58:02 ( ID:vknbbge1p2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmmm. Sounds great in theory. But odd because some MPEG2's I have rendered with Mainconcept's encoder play on my home pc but not my laptop. Windows media player errors it cannot find codec. However, it plays videos encoded by TMPEGENC fine. Maybe its just a media player bug??

ashy  2004-09-30 00:13:14 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all Media player is crap for MPEG2, especially for DVD content.
Use a real MPEG2 player on your laptop such as WinDVD.

KK  2004-09-30 15:30:51 ( ID:vknbbge1p2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I understand. Unfortunately Media Player is the defacto tool people use, and is a pain in the butt for all who distribute MPEG2 files commercially for playback on the PC. I wish there was another standard that people would adopt. <sigh> Maybe version 10 will solve some problems.

KK.

B_Racer  2004-09-30 16:17:47 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use Media Player Classic (it's not made by Microsoft!) or VLC (like Ashy suggested). Both of them are including a good MPEG2-Decoder.
You can also use ffdshow als Universal-Decoder for all kinds of MPEG (from 1-4).

Question - .avi and .srt --> .avi with subs? No.42349
untutored youth  2004-09-26 15:37:42 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to convert an avi without subs and a srt sub file, into an avi with permanent subs. Is this possible with TMPGenc?

I searched old topics but they just show how to convert to VCD

ashy  2004-09-26 19:26:23 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Seems a bit daft, but Virtualdub can do this using the TEXTSUB or VOBSUB filter.

untutored youth  2004-09-27 03:59:39 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it worked, but it turned a 673MB avi + a 64KB srt into a 980MB avi!

The explanation is that I have a DivX DVD player but it does not play subs for foreign films (a friend's player only needs a .sub or a .srt on the disc on the same level as the avi and it auto-plays both movie and subs). What I'm looking for is a way to put subs on to foreign movies but keep the resulting file size small enough to fit on a single CD, thus saving a bit of money each time I burn.

Is there any way to keep the resulting file size down without losing quality?

ashy  2004-09-27 17:45:16 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you should have encoded the file at the same bitrate as the original if you wanted to match it's file size.

Question - Convert RM to MPEG1, NO SOUND No.42347
sean  2004-09-26 15:31:46 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to convert RM to MPEG1, the video quality is good, but no audio output

ccyu  2004-10-18 01:00:37 ( ID:nhkklpch5nr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

same here. I can play *.rmvb file can play in Real Player 10. I have realaudiosplitter.ax registered. Tmpgenc can open the *.rmvb and encode. At the end of the encoding, only about 0.5 second of the MPEG video clip has audio in it. I round up has to de-multiplex the MPEG file into *.m2v and *.mp2 and trash the *.mp2 part. It has no audio in it except the first 0.5 second. I have to rip the audio portion of the *.rmvb and multiplex *.m2v with the *.wav that I ripped. That is a long process.
I would like to know why is there no audio when the *.rmvb file was first imported into Tmpgenc. Anybody knows the answer, I would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
CC

Question - PS No.42345
Bully  2004-09-26 15:31:42 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And why do my submissions repeat themselves - i only click once, honestly.

ashy  2004-09-26 19:16:57 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't refresh, click 'View article' at the bottom of the page

Question - VBR audio extraction No.42340
Bully  2004-09-26 15:28:58 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i open an .avi file in VirualDub i get the common "improper VBR" message, which has not caused a problem in the past. But with this file, when i extract the .wav file it is a full 10 secs shorter than Vdub says in the audio file information. I researched the problem on this forum and d/loaded and tried Avimux, but it just produces a 64K .wav file. The ultimate aim is to produce an mpeg1 file in TmpgEnc.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

B_Racer  2004-09-27 11:14:59 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try VirtualDubMOD or GraphEdit to extract Audio.

Bully  2004-09-30 19:04:48 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks B. Racer and Ashy for your imput. To cut a VERY VERY long story short, i finally managed to extract a correct length wav by demuxing to mp3 (in vdmod) and then converting to wav in goldwave.(I could not do it by any other method without ending up 10 secs short.) Unfortunately, when i remuxed with the video in vd, the audio still went out of sync.

Further investigation showed that the descnchronisation was resulting from 2 or 3 points in the movie where the video froze and then the colours "swirled" about (have you seen "predator" lol) for a few seconds. In the original movie with the VBR audio, this did not effect the sync, but in the new avi, as soon as the movie returned to normal, the audio was about 5 secs ahead of the video. I can cut the movie up and readjust the audio using audio skew correction. I did one, but it's messy and i get a black screen for several seconds with
just audio during playback.

If you can understand what i've tried to describe, perhaps you can suggest a more elegant solution?

ashy  2004-09-30 20:55:47 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your nearly on the right track to fixing it, but you don't need to cut up the movie.
Load the AVI and the wav into Virtualdub, don't use Virtualdubmod for this it doesn't work properly, then sync up the first part of the movie.
At the point where it goes out of sync mark it as the end point and make sure you mark the beginning too, you should see a blue line.

Now goto File>save wav. Next mark the end point as the new start point and the end of the AVI as end point. Sync up the AVI again then where it goes out of sync mark as the end point then again File>save wav (make sure you number each wav in sequence).

Now just repeat the steps for each part that is out of sync, so again mark the end point as the start point and repeat the whole process until you have synched up each part of the AVI.

The next step is to simply combine all the WAV's in Goldwave or whatever in the right order. You should then find the new Wav syncs perfectly with your AVI.

Seems longwinded I know, but it's really quite simple.

Bully  2004-09-30 23:13:03 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy - i'll give it a go. Before i start, which avi should i use?
(a) the original avi and just click OK when i get the VBR warning, or
(b) do i load the original avi, click OK when i get the VBR warning, save the avi as direct stream copy, and use this file?

BTW using Vdub i do get some strange behaviour at the points where the video starts to corrupt. Just one example: if i move from keyframe to keyframe forwards and then backwards, i get a different picture displayed in the preview window at the same frame number. i.e. in the example below frame 74919 shows a different picture depending on whether you step forwards or backwards by keyframe.

Moving forward

Frame 74780 = picture A
Frame 74919 = picture B
Frame 75127 = picture C

Moving backward

Frame 75127 = picture C
Frame 74919 = picture C
Frame 74780 = picture A

After a bit of messing about setting markers, the whole film seems to go out of synch right from the begining where it was previously OK! Very confusing and it makes it very difficult to decide exactly where the synch is lost!

Question - Convert RM to MPEG1, NO SOUND No.42339
sean  2004-09-26 15:24:37 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to convert RM to MPEG1, the video quality is good, but no audio output

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.