TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 47 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question VBR audio extraction Bully 3 2004-09-27 17:43:10
Question Interlaced Playback Problem (not present on WinDVD only) UDX 5 2004-09-26 23:05:17
Question merging 2 mpeg's zinga 0 2004-09-25 15:13:19
Question VOB to Mpeg2 LucManc 4 2004-09-30 08:16:27
Question Flickering problem Sergio 6 2004-09-30 21:18:21
Question VOB (standalone recorder) => VCD conversion problems Gislaved 9 2004-10-04 11:12:01
Question AVI won't load BwanaP 1 2004-09-21 22:34:11
Question O KB Video Files JTY 1 2004-09-21 08:25:09
Question splitting with tmpg thebutcher 1 2004-09-28 19:30:58
Question License question Renegade 1 2004-09-17 11:59:48
Question large file thebutcher 6 2004-09-22 06:45:01
Question frame rate/ audio synch Bully 5 2004-09-19 16:23:54

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 47 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - VBR audio extraction No.42335
Bully  2004-09-26 15:11:45 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i open an .avi file in VirualDub i get the common "improper VBR" message, which has not caused a problem in the past. But with this file, when i extract the .wav file it is a full 10 secs shorter than Vdub says in the audio file information. I researched the problem on this forum and d/loaded and tried Avimux, but it just produces a 64K .wav file. The ultimate aim is to produce an mpeg1 file in TmpgEnc.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

ashy  2004-09-26 19:15:47 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean shorter?
Is the audio out of sync with the video?

Bully  2004-09-26 20:38:19 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Ashy - When i first load the file, VDub tells me that the video and audio are (within a 10th of a second) the same length - 1:54:49. If i then save the audio as a .wav and then open it in wavworks or goldwave, it tells me it is 10 seconds shorter - 1:54:39. The original VBR movie file plays perfectly in WM player, but if, for example, i just open it in VDub and save it again with "direct stream copy" video and audio, then it goes way out of synch. I've tried all sorts - cutting the end of the .avi and playing with the audio file using both the above editors - even adding 10 silent seconds to the end of the .wav, but with no sucess at all - the synch is either completely out or it starts OK and goes way out as the movie plays.

Thanks for the response. Hope this is clear. I shall now hit submit and view article ;-)

ashy  2004-09-27 17:43:10 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does this video have any sort of logo before the movie starts?
It is common for these to cause sync problems.

My advice is this. Resave the audio as a wav in Virtualdub. Next reload the AVI and then your new wav together in Virtualdub. If it's out of sync then go to Audio>Interleaving and then in the 'Audio skew correction' put a value in until you find the one that syncs up the movie then just resave the wav again.

You should find when you reload this WAV and your AVI into Virtualdub it will then sync perfectly.

Question - Interlaced Playback Problem (not present on WinDVD only) No.42329
UDX  2004-09-26 02:25:49 ( ID:svecb2sbqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

My problem I believe relates to the guy below that said that there is flickering in his SVCD and DVD movies.

So far I can tell this does appear only in such formats as they support interlaced encoding. However, besides having Tmpgenc I also tried Pinnacle Instant DVD and Studio 8 to burn a DVD.

What happens, one scene will be played fine however on the next one there is that flickering effect present and it looks like the deinterlaced and interlaced frames are present (it looks like frames repeat each other leaving trail on screen). (don't pay attention to that deinterlaced and interlaced frame are present - I am not so technical with this but it's just an assumption).

The strange thing like I said above is that one scene is OK but then when it jumps to next one (it like detects scene change - maybe I should uncheck this in Tmpgenc and do the Closed GOP) it gets messed up. I think by some next scene it will correct itself but my test DVD file isn't that big so I can't tell.

I use dvdauthor to author my DVD and some gui application. Very often it screws up the PAL / NTSC format although I checked NTSC. I am sure some of these DVD's came out OK as they have been played right in WinDVD only, however none of my Home DVD players and Power DVD with hardware acceleration can't play this right.

I'll try some more options but would appreciate any help with this.

UDX

UDX  2004-09-26 02:27:57 ( ID:svecb2sbqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry for double post. I forgot to say that ALL of the tools that I used to create DVD (Pinnacle, Tmpgenc) yield the same result BUT I am guessing that it is something with the Encoding the mpeg file to DVD.

I use Tmpgenc the most so I thought I might ask here.

thanks

UDX  2004-09-26 06:02:12 ( ID:svecb2sbqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And another update.

I just tried the closed GOP and Undetect Scene Changes however that DID not improve the results but something else did PARTIALLY.

What I did now was I switched the filed order (Top Field First A - Previously it was B).

Now the scene that was messed up is showing OK, but the scene afterwards gets messed up.

I am not sure but does this indicate wrongly captured File?

(this file was originally Joined at some point and at that point it gets messed up)

I'll try something different now.

Any ideas welcome

ashy  2004-09-26 19:11:07 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the source material, PAL, NTSC, is it interlaced and what is the frame rate.

Sergio  2004-09-26 20:25:45 ( ID:t317vas7iqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this:

Video Tab:
- Encode Mode: Non-Interlace

Advanced Tab:
- Video Source type: Non interlace (progressive)
- Field Order: Bottom field
- (Filters): Deinterlace (Odd Field)

UDX  2004-09-26 23:05:17 ( ID:svecb2sbqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi guys. Thanks for the suggestion but I would try to Encode the video as Interlaced rather than deinterlaced (picture just looks better, more depth is present). The Source is NTSC format and there were two files.

I ended up re-splitting the file to their original form (2 avi files) and encoded them as different field order (one with top field first, the other with bottom field first). Then I played them separately and even joined them and surprisingly the end-file played fine.

Tmpgenc IS AWESOME!!!! Many say that CCE is better (quality probably IS tiny bit better) but to me TMPGENC RULES with all the extra features (audio edit, noise reduction, sharpen edge bla bla bla).

Tmpgenc Plus $37 VS CCE SP $1950, sigh.......

Question - merging 2 mpeg's No.42328
zinga  2004-09-25 15:13:19 ( ID:zbhoryqvkq. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im just converted to .avi files and now I want to merge them but when /i add the 2 and select run, it said "file 2 of 2.mpeg is not compatible with the other MPEG file" does anyone now why this happend.

Question - VOB to Mpeg2 No.42323
LucManc  2004-09-24 08:20:28 ( ID:a/ehvxi.sbf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi to all,
I've the need to use some clips from a home made DVD in my project, so I think I must extract the MPEG2 video stream and the audio stream from the VOBs. I red many threads in this forum regarding to do that, and they say to use DVD2AVI to produce a .d2v project file and "frameserve" TMPGEnc with it to create a MPEG2 file. My question is:
inside the VOB file there is already a MPEG2 stream, how can I extract it without re-encoding it?

Many thanks for the help.

ashy  2004-09-24 21:03:36 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Depending on what the audio is in the VOBS you could simply cut out the bit you need with th 'Merge&Cut' feature in the MPEG tools.
If the audio is AC3 you will lose the audio, however if it is MP2 then you will be fine.

Handy  2004-09-28 20:13:29 ( ID:/m9arpd.dfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think VOB is not just an MPEG2 stream, but contains multiple MPEG2 video, audio, subtitle streams, so you still have to use software like DVD2AVI that understand VOB to locate particular MPEG2 video or audio stream, extract it, and re-encode it into standalone MPEG2 again.

ashy  2004-09-29 10:31:43 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trust me, no you don't.
The Merge&Cut feature will work just fine with VOBs. VOBs don't contain multiple video only multiple audio and subs.
Either way it doesn't matter.

TMPG will simply ignore the subs streams and just output an ordinary MPEG2 stream, however it won't output AC3 and it will automatically select the first audio track.

If you do want to keep multiple streams or then AC3 then use a VOB cutter like MPE2cut or the one I prefer is ChopperXP: http://www.digital-miner.com/chopperxpf.html

Whatever you use there is no need whatsoever to do any re-encoding.

LucManc  2004-09-30 08:16:27 ( ID:a/ehvxi.sbf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Trust me, no you don't.
>The Merge&Cut feature will work just fine with VOBs. VOBs don't contain multiple video only multiple audio and subs.
>Either way it doesn't matter.

I've tried but the Merge&Cut feature of TMPGEnc doesn't work in my case: it can cut only the first clip in the VOB which contains 3 clips. When I try to cut other parts of the VOB (which I'see perfectly in preview)it says "illegal MPEG stream" or something like that.
For the audio part I've tried with the Demultiplex feature (not simple de-multiplex...)and I've been able to extract perfectly the AC3 audio strem which I wanted (2 are present in the VOB).

Many thanks for the help.

Question - Flickering problem No.42316
Sergio  2004-09-23 13:56:16 ( ID:iz8z7iqq57l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I've done a conversion to SVCD. Apparently all right. Burned and tryied.
The problem: there is an annoying flickering in scenes with much movement.
I've tryied to set the DVDPlayer from PAL to NTSC and then the problem disapears.
I need PAL format, and i don't exactly know if the problem is with the Interlace/Non-interlaced parameter...
Any clue?.

Thanks!.

ashy  2004-09-23 17:37:31 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean by flickering?
If it was an interlacing problem then you would see a sort of combing effect on verticals when there is movement.
Changing from PAL to NTSC wouldn't correct this.

If you mean jerky playback then if the source is NTSC and you encode to PAL then this would cause it.

However if the effect is more like a strobing effect then it could be you have set the field order wrong.

Sergio  2004-09-24 09:15:44 ( ID:iz8z7iqq57l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What do you mean by flickering?

A blinking effect, like overlaping frames, resulting in a non smooth playback. It's like a framerate problem (but i think that 25 fps is ok). The question is: why does it work fine and smooth when i set the player in NTSC format?

>If it was an interlacing problem then you
>would see a sort of combing effect on verticals
>when there is movement.
>Changing from PAL to NTSC wouldn't correct this.

Then perhaps that's not the problem.

>If you mean jerky playback then if the source
>is NTSC and you encode to PAL then this would
>cause it.

The source and destination are PAL. Definitively not jerky playback.

>However if the effect is more like a strobing effect
>then it could be you have set the field order wrong.

I would discard this option.

Thanks anyway.

Sergio  2004-09-26 20:21:22 ( ID:t317vas7iqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Solved! An interlaced problem. I had to set the output as Non-interlaced, and thus apply the Deinterlace filter. Now it runs perfect!.

Handy  2004-09-28 19:47:01 ( ID:/m9arpd.dfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I solved my flickering problem by select "Force FILM" in DVD2AVI which converts 29fps progress source VOBs to 23fps progress d2v, and then use "NTSC Film" and "Non-interlace" in TMPGEnc to encode.

Just using the "Non-interlace" in TMPGEnc doesn't solve my flickering problem.

Sergio  2004-09-29 11:54:03 ( ID:iz8z7iqq57l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As i wrote in other thread, i configured TMPGEnc this way:

Video Tab:
- Encode Mode: Non-Interlace

Advanced Tab:
- Video Source type: Non interlace (progressive)
- Field Order: Bottom field
- (Filters): Deinterlace (Odd Field)

PS:
Remember that i needed PAL format.

ashy  2004-09-30 21:18:21 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can'tunderstand why you are attempting to de-interlace a progressive stream.
There is no need worry about field order or de-interlacing with a progressive stream.

I always re-encode progressive sources to progressive frames whether they be PAL or NTSC.

Question - VOB (standalone recorder) => VCD conversion problems No.42306
Gislaved  2004-09-23 12:08:56 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a standalone dvd recorder and I'm trying to make VCD files from the VOB's recorded.
TMPGEnc2.59 give me the error message: can not open file or are unsupported.
I have done this a million times before and it has worked.
Info:
Recorder - LiteOn 5005
Disc - FUJI DVD+RW and -RW (tested both and also tested open and closing the discs)

Does the recorder burn the files differently than regular commercial DVD's?
Does anyone else have these problems with other recorders?

Any info is greatly appretiated.

Gislaved  2004-09-23 12:12:41 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Forgot to mention that when trying to open the VOB's with DVD Author it works.

But I want to make VCD out of my VOB's...

ashy  2004-09-23 17:39:36 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to install an MPEG2 codec.
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.48.lzh

gislaved  2004-09-24 06:30:35 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've already done that.
I can use TMPGEnc for all DVD's I have, but the ones made by my recorder.
I'm a little bit puzzled over this since the discs made by my last recorder SONY GX-3R (or something like that) worked just fine.

The strange thing is that even if I rip my recorded disc to my harddrive and work from there I still get error messages and that should mean that there's no wrong in the choice of brand of the DVD+RW.
Something in the VOB's are not right...

My friend has Ulead DVD Workshop 2 and I went to him knowing that WS2 converts VOB's to mpg's while importing them to the program. I took home the newly created mpg files and TMPGEnc can't convert the mpg's either which shold suggest that the VOB's/mpg's really isn't valid files.

The strange thing is that all DVD players that I've put the recorded discs it works just fine. Not one has rejected any disc and that should suggest that the files indeed are valid...

Is there something I'm missing?

ashy  2004-09-24 20:59:06 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok you say you have installed an MPEG2 codec, which one?
It may work with most files, but some codecs don't understand the format you are trying to import which is why I suggest you try the codec I have linked to. It is highly compatible with TMPG and will decode most MPEG2 files and is particularly good with VOBS.

If in the event it still doesn't work the try demuxing your files first with the MPEG tools.

Gislaved  2004-09-25 23:09:26 ( ID:e2gnkl2i9lk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using the codecs you've linked to and I'm gonna try to demuxing the files as soon as I can. (Not at home for the moment).
I'll let you know...

Gislaved  2004-09-28 07:07:24 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No problems in demuxing the files. However, I can still not use the created files to make a vcd for example. I get invalid file bot if I try to encode the m2v file or the new mpg file...

Handy  2004-09-28 19:21:40 ( ID:/m9arpd.dfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem and it turned out to be Window file permission problem for me. Make sure it is the same Window user that DVD2AVI the VOBs and TMPGEnc the d2v or avi files.

My problem was I logged in as user1 and created vcd.d2v using DVD2AVI, and then when I logged off and logged in as user2 and tried to open the vcd.d2v in TMPGEnc, I got this file not supported problem.

While you login, just re-do the DVD2AVI part and TMPGEnc should read the .d2v no problem.

Gislaved  2004-09-30 06:14:41 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have now checked up on this recorder and from everything I have read and asked in multiple forums the conclusion is that the LiteOn 5005 files cannot generally be edited in TMPGEnc. DVD Author ok, but not TMPEnc.
LiteOn has their own structure within the vob's that are not standard according to several persons.

Therefore I have exchanged my recorder but I'd thought I'd write this to inform others with the same problems.

The most compatible recorder brands from a editing-in-a-computer point of view, is sony and jvc from what I have read.

Gislaved  2004-10-04 11:12:01 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought a Sony RDR-GX300 and it works perfectly.
TMPGEnc has no problems whatsoever with the vobs
produced by the GX300.
GREEEEAAT!

Question - AVI won't load No.42304
BwanaP  2004-09-21 12:09:48 ( ID:zrs24zhducn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try opening a couple particular avi files, I got an error about parsing. I get something similar with virtualdub, says no dvsd decoder found. But gspot indicates that I do have several DV codecs installed. These avi's are created from my studio 8 program. Whats going on?

I tried converting to type 2 DV, but the program said it is not type 1 (must already be type 2). These files play in realone and windows. I can also open avis in tmpgenc that were downloaded from web.

ashy  2004-09-21 22:34:11 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the 'Open DML file reader' in the VFAPI plugins until it is top of the list.

Question - O KB Video Files No.42302
JTY  2004-09-21 00:35:24 ( ID:0r/9uvsgqxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having a bit of a problem with a couple of my .avi files, dunno what to do. Basically some of my video files that have previously worked have suddenly stopped working and are registering as having a size of 0 bytes, this has so far happened to four of my files with apparently no remedy insight thought i'd check out if anybody had heard of the problem or the solution

ashy  2004-09-21 08:25:09 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are we talking about the source files or the output files that are 0kb. If it's the source files where did you obtain them from and what do you mean registering, do you mean in windows or TMPG?

If windows is telling you they are 0KB have you tried letting windows scan your HDD for errors?
If windows says these AVI's are 0KB then I would tend to believe it.

Question - splitting with tmpg No.42300
thebutcher  2004-09-18 01:19:57 ( ID:iqphgatd0x. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can someone explain in layman terms how to split a movie to go onto 2 cds it is a mpeg

Handy  2004-09-28 19:30:58 ( ID:/m9arpd.dfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc: File | MPEG Tool | Merge & Cut | Add your mpeg file. Then double click the mpeg file and select the time range that you want to cut, put ouput file name, and then click Run. If you want to burn the output file as VCDs make sure the Type is selected as MPEG-1 VCD, not MPEG-1 automatic.

Question - License question No.42298
Renegade  2004-09-17 06:10:44 ( ID:wdwlenhjrxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can this encoder be offered for free if each copy has a $2.50 royalty due on it to the MPEG LA? Can I create an MPEG 2 player as freeware? Is there some special arrangement with MPEG LA?

ashy  2004-09-17 11:59:48 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any software can offer MPEG2 encoding as long as it is for a limited period only.
TMPG fully complies with this law and offers only 30 days trial use of the MPEG2 encoding feature.
TMPG plus offers this feature for 14 days.

Question - large file No.42291
thebutcher  2004-09-17 00:45:07 ( ID:iqphgatd0x. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to make a movie fit on 1 cd 827,355 adjusted bitrate was told to do this can some one plz tell me how to do this Start to finish

Sakuya  2004-09-17 06:33:08 ( ID:1iejbazj1k. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can try this free Java bitrate calculator.

http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

I think you should select "DivX" for Type at the top right. For CDs, select how much MB your CD-R has. Get your movie's time (if you have multiple movies, add them all together) and then add about 5 minutes more to it to ensure it fits. At the bottom where it says Calculated Bitrate, record that number. In TMPGEnc, select Constant Bitrate and then below that, put in your bitrate you just got.

ashy  2004-09-17 12:10:24 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is an easier way.
827,355 is about 808 MB.
You can easily overburn this on to an 80 min disk.
Most disks will allow at least 823MB of overburn.

Use Nero and in the preferences enable the overburning feature then just burn the disk as normal.
Nero will warn you that the file is larger than the capacity of the disk and will offer overburning. Just accept and continue.

the butcher  2004-09-17 16:11:18 ( ID:iqphgatd0x. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry my mistake 867,355 is the size which will not work with overburn

ashy  2004-09-17 19:44:34 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have another option to reduce the size which may allow you to overburn.
Simply re-encode the audio only to 128 kb/s rather than 224kb/s and then mux with your video.
This should reduce the size enough.

thebutcher  2004-09-17 21:47:36 ( ID:iqphgatd0x. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am a newb who has read to iam blue in the face yet i have no idea what you mean or how to do

SoccrStar  2004-09-22 06:45:01 ( ID:tpjv.x7h1xw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what he means is to split the movie to 2 streams (audio & video) and re-encode the audio to a smaller bitrate (128kbit) which will reduce the size than join the encoded audio back to the video and it should be small enough to fit

Question - frame rate/ audio synch No.42285
Bully  2004-09-16 18:00:28 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi - can anyone please help?

I searched the forum and found instructions for changing the frame rate of an .avi (from 23.976 to 25 fps), which i did using vitualdub, avifrate, and goldwave (to shrink the length of the .wav file).

Anyway, i was left with a 25 fps .avi and a .wav file of exactly the same length, both being about 4% shorter than the original avi. I thought i'd done everthing right, but after multiplexing the two files in TMPGEnc, the new .mpg started perfectly, but slowly went out of synch, and after an hour or so, the audio was a few seconds behind the video. I tried multiplexing in virtualdub, but the resulting .avi had exactly the same problem.

ashy  2004-09-16 19:35:54 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to make sure that the length of the audio is infact the same length as the original video to begin with.
In your case it sounds as if the audio track was a tad longer than the the video track.

The best thing to do here is to cut about five seconds from the end of the movie with Virtualdub.
This will ensure that both video and audio are exactly the same length then do the procedure again.

Load the AVI and the new wav into Virtualdub to check for sync before encoding.

Another alternative is to use Wavworks.
Simply select 'Stretch/Compress' and load the original wav into Wavworks. Make sure the 'Change FPS' is set to 23.976 fps to 25 fps and then run it.

Again check the sync with VD.

Bully  2004-09-17 01:02:17 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy - thanks very much for the response. I tried what you suggested - cut about 10 secs off the end of the original movie and did the whole procedure again ( i hope i understood you correctly), but i got the same result.

I could not find wavworks, but both goldwave and winamp tell me the shrunk .wav file is exactly the same length as the processed (23.976 to 25 fps).avi before i multiplex, yet the completed movie still goes slowly out of synch.

I'm assuming wavworks will only do what goldwave timewarp does? Any further thoughts?

Bully  2004-09-17 10:23:24 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy - thanks very much for the response. I tried what you suggested - cut about 10 secs off the end of the original movie and did the whole procedure again ( i hope i understood you correctly), but i got the same result.

I could not find wavworks, but both goldwave and winamp tell me the shrunk .wav file is exactly the same length as the processed (23.976 to 25 fps).avi before i multiplex, yet the completed movie still goes slowly out of synch.

I'm assuming wavworks will only do what goldwave timewarp does? Any further thoughts?

ashy  2004-09-17 11:46:12 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wavworks will do what Goldwave will do by shrinking or stretching the wav, but in a different way.
I suggest you try it. Check your email.
If it's still out of sync I will give some advice how to resync it with Wavworks.

One thing you need to check is the frame rate of the original. Make sure you put into Wavworks exactly the frame rate that Virtualdub states as the frame rate.

Bully  2004-09-19 16:23:54 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ran wavworks and it worked really well. There was a very slight video lag this time by the end of the movie, but i muxed again and delayed the audio by 200ms, and it was acceptable all the way through. Then i converted using Tmpg and got a very smooth motion, which overcame the original problem of jerkyness. The time stretch operation was very much quicker than goldwave too.

I don't think the aspect ratio is quite right, but i can have a fiddle with Tmpg and see what i can do.

Again - many thanks.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 47 / 680 ]   Next > >>

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.