TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 49 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Problem Ecoding Xvid to DVD Flash 0 2004-09-07 16:35:14
Question Only Encodes Part of movie? Ne0rC 0 2004-09-07 15:57:13
Free talk great Jose marine 0 2004-09-07 02:13:14
Question use my template in project wizard redbaron 2 2004-09-17 06:41:41
Question File Size Andrighetti 3 2004-09-17 06:45:45
Question rotate a movie das 1 2004-09-03 23:18:12
Question Template Settings: Slideshow JPG to MPG? Jake 3 2004-09-03 03:20:51
Free talk TmpgEnc Crash or Batch encode problem Speedy 0 2004-09-01 20:33:48
Question Mr Mike 0 2004-09-01 14:00:16
Question MP3 Problem Sakuya 0 2004-09-01 08:04:13
Question Mr Zeppelinzx 1 2004-08-31 10:59:14
Question Program closes with no message after 1st pass in "very slow" precision Mariusz 0 2004-08-31 09:42:56

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 49 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Problem Ecoding Xvid to DVD No.42257
Flash  2004-09-07 16:35:14 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem encoding 23.97 frame rate xvid files to DVD.
The problem is a slight jerk on playback not all the time but at regular intervals about every 5-10 seconds.
I have searched through the forum and got some great help but I still can't get rid of these jerks.
My PC is a P4 with 512 DDR.
A typical file properties from GSpot are
Codec - Xvid/yv12 (which are installed)
xy - 592x320 (1.85:1) [=37:20]
FPS - 23.97
Bitrate 876
Qf 0.193 (what ever that is?)
The problem occures when encoding with TMPGEnc Plus, the settings I have used are:
Video tab
720X480
16:9 Display
23.976fps (internally 29.97)
CQ 65 max 8000 min 2000
Main Profile & Main Level [MP@ML]
NTSC
3:2 pulldown when playback
Advanced
Non-Interlace (progressive)
Top field first
16:9 Display
No Margin (keep aspect ratio)

My knowledge on 3:2 pulldown isn't the best but my understanding is that with this form of encoding I am placing tags on the file for the DVD player to decode from 23 - 30.

I have had better results using Ulead Studio 7 and just encoding to PAL DVD but that doesn't explain what I am doing wrong with TMPGEnc.

Any help would be appreciated

Question - Only Encodes Part of movie? No.42256
Ne0rC  2004-09-07 15:57:13 ( ID:qmiiim0asl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm converting a movie file from mpeg1 -> mpeg2, and it went through the whole process, but when I look at the movie in mpeg2 form, it seems the video is out of sync of what it is in mpeg1 form, somehow the mpeg2 one is only about 3/4 the actual movie of mpeg1, but is the same length? Any help would be appreciated.

Free talk - great No.42255
Jose marine  2004-09-07 02:13:14 ( ID:jdxi4.4smnh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well i was pulling my hair out and depressed till i figure it out.
used Tmpgenc to make dvd usable file.
burn with ulead movie factory and presto A dvd r or rw that plays in anything.
makes a 1.5 gig file from 700 meg avi.
now if i could compress to a cdr playable on dvd.
no loss of quality
Nero 6.2 would not code and burn 700 meg file and be readable. files were 6 to 8 gig.if i decrease quality to low low the would work.
as a nubie use tmpgenc. to make file.
i am going to try to burn atmpGenc file with nero again
jose

Question - use my template in project wizard No.42252
redbaron  2004-09-06 05:46:21 ( ID:.t2yyuxd81h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am going away for 4 months and to make things easier for the girlfriend to encode video, I am showing her how to use the project wizard to encode to dvd.
Unfortunately, the setting I prefer to use (my templates) will not show up in the project wizard. I am using tmpgenc plus 2.510.049.157
For the life of me, I can't seem to work out how to get my template under the 'other settings'.
anyone shed some light on how to do this?
Cheers

ashy  2004-09-06 21:32:33 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you make the template with the current version of TMPG you are using.
Unlock all of the settings first with the 'unlock.mcf'.
Give the template it's own unique name and an .mcf extension and then put it in the template folder.
That should do it.

Sakuya  2004-09-17 06:41:41 ( ID:1iejbazj1k. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I personally don't recommend the wizard though...I'm sure you can load your template fine without the wizard though.

Question - File Size No.42248
Andrighetti  2004-09-03 18:05:17 ( ID:ycpzwwjdqoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have DVD-rips that are all around 700 megs....but when i try to convert them to NTSC video the file size prdiction is like 7 gigs.... is there anyway to make the file size smaller but burnable and be able to paly on standard dvd players....?

Please answer ASAP

ashy  2004-09-03 23:30:52 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess either this movie is like 4 hours long or something or more than likely TMPG is reading the length of the file wrong.
Have at look at the 'Movie info' total play length TMPG detects in the last window of the wizard. You will probably find it much longer than it actually is.
To remedy this go to Option>Enviromental setting>VFAPI plugins then raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 and make it top of the list.

Also make sure you select 'MPEG1 layer 2' as the audio output in the wizard.

Sakuya  2004-09-17 06:44:29 ( ID:1iejbazj1k. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If that doesn't work, try this bitrate calculator to ensure that your movie can fit on the DVD.

http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

Select "DVD" for Type at the top right. Select your DVD-R type. Get your movie's time and then add about 5 minutes more to it to ensure it fits. If your movie was 1 hour and 10 minutes, I would put in 1 hour and 15 minutes. If you have multiple movies, add the total time and then add 5 more minutes. At the bottom where it says Calculated Bitrate, record that number. In TMPGEnc, select Constant Bitrate and then below that, put in your bitrate you just got.

Sakuya  2004-09-17 06:45:45 ( ID:1iejbazj1k. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Woops, forgot to mention this. If you have AC3 audio, get the bitrate from GSpot or Vdub and then select that audio bitrate in the calculator. If it's AC3, don't input it into TMPGEnc. Otherwise, select 384 because that's standard DVD audio bitrate.

Question - rotate a movie No.42246
das  2004-09-03 16:17:32 ( ID:jczsp.rqjow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does anyone know a way of rotating a movie 90 degrees whilst encoding to vcd/mpeg1 using tmpgenc free, at the momemnt I have to preprocess the files which have been taken in portrait mode with other software before encoding, it would be much more convenient do it all in one step.

ashy  2004-09-03 23:18:12 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVIsynth or Virtualdub can do it. Then just frame serve to TMPG.

Question - Template Settings: Slideshow JPG to MPG? No.42242
Jake  2004-09-02 20:22:46 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am encoding multiple JPG images into an MPG file. I was wondering if some of the gurus could advise me on the settings I have listed below. I plan on making a template and a little FAQ on how to make DVD compliant slide shows with TMPGENC. I know there are other tools out there for this task but I like the one step encoding here. Plus a template will make it painless. I will be muxing a separate audio track later using the MPEG Tools menu.

For my template each picture will be display for 5 seconds and the following settings.

Source JPG: 1536x1024 (landscape Aspect Ratio: 1.5)
Desired Picture Interval: 5 seconds
Media and Player: DVD and stand alone DVD player (NTSC)
Intended Display: 4:3 TV NTSC

Video Settings
Stream Type: MPEG 2 Video
Size: 720 x 480
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 Display
Frame Rate: 0.1998 fps (internally 29.97 fps)
Rate Control Mode: CQ65, 2000-4000
Bitrate: N/A
VBV Buffer Size: automatic
Profile & Level: MP@ML
Video Format: NTSC
Encode Mode: Interlaced
YUV Format: 4:2:0
DC Component: 10 bits
Motion Search Precision: lowest

Advanced Settings
Video Source Type: Progressive
Field Order: N/A
Source aspect ratio: 1:1 VGA
Video Arrangement Method: Full Screen (Keep Aspect Ratio)
Source Range: N/A
24fps Conversion: N/A
Ghost Reduction: N/A
Noise Reduction: N/A
Sharpen Edges: N/A
Simple Color Correction: N/A
Custom Color Correction: N/A
Deinterlace: N/A
Clip Frame: N/A
3:2 Pull down: N/A
Do not convert frame rate: N/A

GOP Structure Settings
Number of I picture(s) in GOP: 1
Number of P picture(s) in GOP: 5
Number of B picture(s) in GOP: 2
Output interval of sequence header: 0
Max number of frames in GOP:
Output bitstream for edit (Closed GOP): Yes
Detect scene change: Yes
Force Picture Type Setting:
I Picture Only:
I, P Picture Only:
Standard:

Quantize Matrix Settings
Output YUV data as basic YCbCr, not CCIR601 : No
Use floating point DCT: No
No motion search for still picture part by half pixel: Yes
Soften block noise: No

Audio
N/A

System
Stream Type: MPEG-2 Program

As you can see I have left out some settings out as I am relying on the system defaults in those cases. If you would like to suggest an optimum value let me know.

Jake

ashy  2004-09-03 00:02:39 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm at a loss as to why you would want to go to so much trouble to create a slide show on a DVD with TMPG when there are far more simpler and in reality better methods using other software.
You can fit thousands of JPEGS on a CDR, never mind a DVDR, with great quality and at high resolution.

The most simplest method being to simply create a photo CD with NERO.
Just load the JPEG's into Nero, create the menu and burn. However for more effects more sophisticated software is required, but not hard to find.

In any case what you are attempting is not possible with just TMPG alone.
TMPG will simply create the MPEG from the JPEG's for you with each JPEG taking just one MPEG frame, but it can't add any effects such as intervals.

You would then need to import the MPEG into another program to create the slideshow itself and the transitions otherwise your JPEGs will simply play as one whole movie and flash across the screen in an instant.

Maybe I have read you idea all wrong, but I can't really see how your gonna make it work with just TMPG.

ashy  2004-09-03 00:36:53 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I see how you will create the delay between each frame using the frame rate.
Even though it does seem a rather simplistic approach to creating a slide show it likely will work.

You could even create a menu by adding chapters to the MPEG where the I-frames are created for each JPEG.
This would then at least give the user some control over the slide show apart from using the Pause and Frame advance buttons.

The only thing that I can really see from settings that I would change is the encode mode.
I would leave the output as progressive. There's not much point in encoding a progressive source to interlaced.
A DVD player will handle either, but a progressive source is preferable for still images and it compresses better.

Jake  2004-09-03 03:20:51 ( ID:tiwc8zb8zrr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy. A few points. I don't need any transitions. For my particular project I am adding the stills to an existing DVD project so it has to fit into the DVD spec. I am still tinkering with the idea so I may give it up and use Nero as you suggested or SSMM seems promising.

Jake

Free talk - TmpgEnc Crash or Batch encode problem No.42241
Speedy  2004-09-01 20:33:48 ( ID:5ygxifykfug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There have been numerous posts concerning TmpgEnc crashing or failing to complete more than one encode in a batch list.

I have skimmed through various BBS's looking for a solution to this problem and did not find one. So I had to experiment myself.

I found on my dell laptop (Inspiron 5150, Win XP) the solution was to disable the "Use hyper threading technology" option on the "CPU" tab from the "Environmental setting".

True, the encoding process is slower, but at least the batch mode works now.
Also, in this mode the processor is not getting thrashed as much, which reduces the overheating problems I was having when the option was enabled.

Hope this helps some people.

Dave

Question - Mr No.42240
Mike  2004-09-01 14:00:16 ( ID:mzqtwqupwch )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

2 questions actually

1) If i want to convert a movie that isn't fullscreen (ie that format that isn't quite widescreen that a lot of tv shows use... i forget the term at the moment), what options do i select so that TMPGnc doesn;t stretch it to fullscreen?

2) If I'm converting a file that's, say, 700 Mb, does it matter how big I set the output file to be? ie is there a quality difference in making it 700 Mb vs 1 Gig since the original was only 700 mb?

thanks

Question - MP3 Problem No.42239
Sakuya  2004-09-01 08:04:13 ( ID:1iejbazj1k. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a strange problem. I used TMPGEnc to convert a JPEG menu I have along with an MP3 file. It worked the first time. Then, I thought that the audio was too soft so I used Goldwave to maximize the volume and then plugged it back in TMPGEnc to convert. This time, it won't accept the MP3 no matter how many times I try! It says this error:

File "filename.mp3" can not open, or unsupported.

That's so weird! :(

Question - Mr No.42237
Zeppelinzx  2004-08-31 10:57:51 ( ID:rd14bqfbrkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, im having an issue with TMPGENC dvd author writing tool, any VOB files I create an ISO file for, it hangs on 19% and then displays an error message "file not found or", thats it! I can't even see what is after the or!!! I have tried various methods, but still it crashes, used various different DVD vob files, but with no luck. It's abit strange that it crashes on 19% every single time, any clues on how to fix this?

Thank you

Zeppelinzx  2004-08-31 10:59:14 ( ID:rd14bqfbrkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sugar! put in wrong title, apologises.

Question - Program closes with no message after 1st pass in "very slow" precision No.42236
Mariusz  2004-08-31 09:42:56 ( ID:7szt/x7h38g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trial user.
When I select in Video settings "2-pass VBR" and "Highest quality (very slow)" program closes after 1st pass with no additional message.
Output files are empty (0kb).
It happens for different files.
All files are DV files.
With "slow" precision everything is OK.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.