TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 53 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Playblack Problems someguy 3 2004-08-10 06:39:26
Question tmpgenc on a second computer vlad 1 2004-08-08 01:50:39
Question VRO to MPEG" Pat 5 2004-08-08 17:49:41
Question Drag n Drop in Merge n cut (mpeg tools) Stapes 0 2004-08-07 19:12:38
Question AC3 Help Sakuya 9 2004-08-11 23:20:54
Question Slow-sounding audio Rikk Crill 0 2004-08-06 21:06:41
Question Noise Reduction settings ericball 0 2004-08-05 02:19:37
Question Codec Question twirlz 2 2004-08-06 01:35:06
Question Uninstalling Cucusoft AVI-DVD gives 'Unsupported error' in TMPEng Gremlin 1 2004-08-04 23:07:31
Question batch encoding lee 0 2004-08-04 04:44:43
Question couldn't open avi files eve 6 2004-08-10 13:29:23
Question MPEG1 bitrate martin 4 2004-08-04 00:21:21

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 53 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Playblack Problems No.42135
someguy  2004-08-08 10:23:11 ( ID:wqddwn13yt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have burned several episodes on a dvd, and it seems everytime I always get errors playing the last episode. But, it's not just that particular episode, if I burned a completely different set of episodes, then the last one would still be having problems. All the other ones play fine. They are all originally .avis but I encoded them with TMPG, then used TMPG DVD Author to output them into a folder than use Nero to burn. I have no idea what could be the problem, I was thinking maybe to encode them using the Highest Quality, I'm using Normal right now, but I'm not sure if the encoding is the problem, and don't want to waste the extra time encoding and waste a disc.

ashy  2004-08-08 13:39:42 ( ID:ebk75kkhqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hang on..more details are required...what exactly is the problem?
Are you experiencing this problem with the actual MPEGs on your Hard drive or do the problems only occur after burning to DVD.

It sounds to me liky you are simply using cheapo disks.

someguy  2004-08-08 21:58:15 ( ID:wqddwn13yt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems the last thing to play on the disc always ends up buggy. Just to experiment, I put several copies of the same episode on a disc, they all play fine except for the last one. I'm using TDK DVD+R discs.

ashy  2004-08-10 06:39:26 ( ID:w6xzb3hs.w. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TDK are usually pretty good disks, but you may simply have a bad batch.
The problem you have is usually symptomatic of cheap disks, where errors usually appear at the vey end of the disk.
Deos this problem happen on the DVD player only or on the PC also?

Try burning at a lower speed. If that doesn't work change your burning program, I recomend NERO for DVD's.

If you still get no joy then I would go out and buy some RITEK GO4's. These disks are just about the best and most compatible you can get.
If these don't work then it likely your burner or DVD player is at fault.
Which burner and player do you have?

Question - tmpgenc on a second computer No.42133
vlad  2004-08-07 21:03:09 ( ID:gbmo6gfk6g2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have tmpgenc 2.5 plus on my main computer. is it permissable to put it on my laptop as well? if so, how?

thanks

Sakuya  2004-08-08 01:50:39 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have the EXE file right? Or was it ZIP? I think you can burn that ZIP/EXE file to a CD-RW data disc and then install it onto your laptop. It should work.

Question - VRO to MPEG" No.42127
Pat  2004-08-07 19:47:42 ( ID:horc1ts4fkg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to use TMPGEnc to achieve the following:-

Convert DVD RAM disks made on a Panasonic DVD Recorder to DVD-r and AVI files.

I have aquired a trail version of the program to try it out but when I try to open a 4hr VOR file I get the following message:-

File cannot be open or un-supported.

However, I have seen a collegue do this, is there some other software I need to install as well ??

Many thanks for your help

Pat

ashy  2004-08-07 20:45:17 ( ID:ebk75kkhqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MPEG2 codec.
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.48.lzh

ashy  2004-08-07 20:51:48 ( ID:ebk75kkhqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way VRO files are already MPEG2 format and don't really need re-encoding.
TMPG DVD Author should accept VRO files directly for DVD burning.

Pat  2004-08-07 20:57:17 ( ID:horc1ts4fkg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for replying - TMPG Author only detects the file as 1Hr and 50 Mins when it is 4Hrs

Pat  2004-08-08 17:05:43 ( ID:horc1ts4fkg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VRO File now read as Video Source but not as Audio Source

Anyone any answers please

ashy  2004-08-08 17:49:41 ( ID:bt44bnm9pnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try using DVD2AVI to convert the audio to a wav.

Question - Drag n Drop in Merge n cut (mpeg tools) No.42126
Stapes  2004-08-07 19:12:38 ( ID:tpjv.x7h1xw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello,

i got a question

Are there Any Plans on having a drag and drop fature in Merge and Cut (Mpeg Tools)

it would make life easier

Question - AC3 Help No.42116
Sakuya  2004-08-07 05:31:33 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any way for TMPGEnc to maximize/normalize an AC3 5.1's volume? It's very weird though. I burned it as is to DVD and all the voices and sounds are loud but the background music can barely be heard. On the computer, it's downsampled to come out of 2 speakers so it sounds fine there. I have a home entertainment system where the music is very faint. Is it possible to fix this kind of audio? :(

ashy  2004-08-07 06:34:22 ( ID:ebk75kkhqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is posiible, but for the work involved it's not worth it.
Are you using a Pro-logic system?

Just downmix the AC3 to a 2 channel dolby prologic compatible wav and then encode that to MP2.

Sakuya  2004-08-07 06:44:29 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, my receiver has a prologic selection. Isn't there a way to keep the 5.1 effect? :( Does the computer's AC3 decoder affect anything that's burned to DVD? I have the AC3Filter with the highest Master and Gain and have Normalize checked. I don't know why this is.

Somebody recommended that I decode the AC3 to a WAV, open it in Goldwave, maximize it (I tested it and 0db sounds pretty loud on the computer), and then convert that back to AC3. However, I found out that the decoded WAV is stereo and not surround. :(

I'm willing to go through the work to get the background music's volume increased. :( I tried using BeSweet to boost it up but still, it's too soft, I can't hear. :(

ashy  2004-08-07 20:41:34 ( ID:ebk75kkhqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, the thing is an AC3 5.1 soundtrack NEVER gets reproduced right in a prologic system.
Prologic is designed to achieve a 4 channel surround effect by decoding the information in a specially coded 2 channel sound track.

However with 5.1 when attempting to decode it with a prologic decoder some of the information either gets misrepresented or lost altogether.
For instance the LFE just never gets reproduced right on a Prologic system because the system attempts to push it through the left and right channel and this can create a muted audio effect of other frequencies in some scenes.
The LFE needs a dedicated channel through it's own dedicated Sub to really have an effect.

A Prologic decoder will handle a 2 channel AC3 track better than a 5.1 track as most of the correct downmixing has been professionally done for you and should sound better in a prologic decoder.

5.1 really comes into it's own with a true Dolby digital decoder and Prologic just doesn't do it justice.

If you feed a 5.1 audio track to a Prologic amp all it will attempt to do is downmix it to 4 channels losing some of it's original impact. Many times you can hear these decoding errors as the audio sometimes seems somewhat muted on some scenes when in fact it should be booming.

My advice is to simply downmix the 5.1 to prologic. You not gonna gain anything by fiddling with the individual channels.

Sakuya  2004-08-07 23:13:57 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, at first, I don't really understand what you meant by a prologic decoder. I just noticed that my receiver has it as a selection. I have a normal home entertainment system with 2 front speakers, 1 center, 1 subwoofer, and 2 back speakers and it can play Dolby Digital 5.1 as well as DTS. The receiver has lots of selections such as Concert Hall, Disco, Rock Concert, Pro Logic, etc. To use the normal DD5.1 or DTS, I would have to set it at Pro Logic and it would then change to say it is Dolby Digital.

I have burned many 5.1 AC3 to DVD before and they all worked fine and showed spectacular sound. But this one, the background music is soft and cannot be heard over all the explosions and voices. I don't know why it is. When it's downsampled to 2 speakers on my computer, the music is very loud over the explosions and that is how it should sound. I have an official DVD (not the same one I'm making but it's in the series) where the music is also prevalent over the explosions/voices. So...hopefully I can get some help with doing this, no matter how much work it involves. Thanks. :)

Sakuya  2004-08-09 20:30:53 ( ID:bicct./jmp. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nobody can help me? What is Prologic anyway? Is it the same as surround? What difference does it have compared to 5.1?

ashy  2004-08-11 21:01:10 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I thought you had a Prologic encoder not a 5.1 decoder which is why I made the suggestions above.
However if you really want to do the messing about then fair enough.

Your gonna need Softencode.

http://download.pchome.net/php/tdownload2.php?sid=8005&url=/multimedia/dvd/ac3/mtnsft10f.zip&svr=3&typ=0
(Make sure you copy the whole URL)

Load the AC3 into the program as 'Dolby digital (decode to PCM)'
You should then see 6 tracks. Play the tracks to find the background music. When you have found the right track then right click on the track itself in the window and uncheck 'lock'.
Now adjust the volume control for the track. When your happy check the volume with the play controls at the top of the window.

If your satisfied the goto File>Save as and save as 'Dolby digital(AC3)' and your done.

Sakuya  2004-08-11 22:02:40 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. But it won't let me install because there is no serial code. :(

Sakuya  2004-08-11 22:31:14 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nevermind. I managed to open the instructions with Notepad and found it. My AC3 5.1 is weird. The sound effects are in the same track as the music.

FL: Sound Effects, Music
C: Voices
FR: Sound Effects, Music
SL: Sound Effects (faint)
SR: Sound Effects (faint)
LFE: Rumbling

Should I just raise the volume for FL and FR? I can't really tell the difference with only 2 computer speakers. Thanks, I will fool around with it. :)

Sakuya  2004-08-11 23:20:54 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I raised the FL and FR to 11db and it loses much of the surround and "omph" of the original. It says in Softencode:

Center Mix: -3db
Surround: -3db
Dialog Normalization: -27db

Does Softencode load these default settings or is it changed by Softencode? :(

Question - Slow-sounding audio No.42115
Rikk Crill  2004-08-06 21:06:41 ( ID:bjjeweo4mwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm converting avi files from a digital camcorder into mpeg. If I play the avi file the audio sounds fine; the mpeg file has the audio in sloooow taaaaalk. The video seems to move at the normal rate, just the audio is messed up.

Question - Noise Reduction settings No.42114
ericball  2004-08-05 02:19:37 ( ID:sb3mjvpnmbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do the Noise Reduction settings control exactly? I understand "Still Picture" is for spatial filtering, and "Time Axis" is for temporal filtering, but what does the value actually mean? I assume that since the range is 0-100 that it is a percentage, but a percentage of what? A better definition than what is available in the help would be appreciated.

Question - Codec Question No.42111
twirlz  2004-08-04 23:24:30 ( ID:t768k4wefp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am having problems encoding using said program...
i had nimo codec pack 9 installed and all i could get was the video.
then i uninstalled that codec and just installed the dixv 5.02 or the most current codec and again all i could get with tmpgenc was the video.. so my question is what codec should be used to get the audio for the encode? i have used virtual dub to get the wav of the video and i get an error that the file is not supported which tells me its a codec problem.

thanks for the help in advance
-twirlz

ashy  2004-08-05 20:34:14 ( ID:ebk75kkhqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio is likely AC3 or maybe VBR MP3.
The next time you extract to a wav you must choose full processing and select PCM.
You have simply extracted an AC3 file and put a wav header on it.

TMPG will accept AC3 audio in AVI if you install the codec below.
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

twirlz  2004-08-06 01:35:06 ( ID:t768k4wefp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thank you very much its working well now

Question - Uninstalling Cucusoft AVI-DVD gives 'Unsupported error' in TMPEng No.42109
Gremlin  2004-08-04 22:34:09 ( ID:ffap012qaza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Scratching my head a bit here. I had been getting the old "Cannot open/unsupported" error and read through the threads here and nothing worked. As it worked fine last night I began thinking about what had changed on my system. I uninstalled a trial version of Cucusofts avi - dvd convertor. When I reinstalled this TMPEng works again!! Anyone any idea why? I dont really want cucusofts software on my machine so if I knew what it was I could probably keep whatever codec or whatever is making TMPEng work.

Thx and great software BTW, I will be buying it!!

Dave.

ashy  2004-08-04 23:07:31 ( ID:ebk75kkhqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Install FFDSHOW.

Question - batch encoding No.42108
lee  2004-08-04 04:44:43 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone show me how to do batch encoding, please?

Question - couldn't open avi files No.42101
eve  2004-08-04 04:37:27 ( ID:y6d8tmgzom6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an AVI file that I wanna convert to MPG, and it couldn't be opened? why?

martin  2004-08-04 09:39:37 ( ID:rjlwxczloal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Eve
I had the same problem, what I done is to, import the avi into windows movie maker and save again as a .AVI, then I could encode to MPEG-1, it worked for me.

Martin

ashy  2004-08-04 10:16:09 ( ID:ebk75kkhqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to Options>Enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins then raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 and ensure it is top of the list.

If that doesn't sort it then you need to install FFDSHOW.

Eve  2004-08-04 23:42:22 ( ID:y6d8tmgzom6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Go to Options>Enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins then raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 and ensure it is top of the list.
>
>If that doesn't sort it then you need to install FFDSHOW.

The file was opened after I raised the priority of the 'Directshow file reader'. But it still can't be converted...

eve  2004-08-05 01:41:46 ( ID:y6d8tmgzom6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Go to Options>Enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins then raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 and ensure it is top of the list.
>
>If that doesn't sort it then you need to install FFDSHOW.

By the way, I do have the FFDSHOW. but it seems not working on it..

ashy  2004-08-05 20:30:36 ( ID:ebk75kkhqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What exactly is the error you are receiving and what is the problem you are experiencing.
What format is the AVI, is it XVID, DIVX etc.
Are you trying to convert to MPEG1 or 2. We need more details.

vati  2004-08-10 13:29:23 ( ID:kjgfmt97eg6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

i've got the same Problem. To answer your questions: I want to convert a xvid-file with the ending of *.avi into a mpeg1 or mpeg2 file. The program tells me, that it can not find a videofile.
I would be very glad if anybody can help me.

Greetings Vati!!!

Question - MPEG1 bitrate No.42096
martin  2004-08-03 18:44:17 ( ID:paxuygvpzok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello there folks from Ireland.
I have the freeware version of TEMPGnc and I need to adjust MPEG1 bitrate, the freeware version doesnt allow me to do this, or should it?
If I get the full version will it allow me to adjust MPEG1 bitrate..

Thanking you all
rgds
Martin

ashy  2004-08-03 21:07:19 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the main widow click the 'LOAD' button then navigate to the 'EXTRA' folder in the 'Template' folder.
Double click the 'UNLOCK.MCF' and all settings will be unlocked.

martin  2004-08-03 22:12:45 ( ID:paxuygvpzok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Brill, just like that it worked

martin  2004-08-03 22:13:52 ( ID:paxuygvpzok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ashy

ashy  2004-08-04 00:21:21 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No prob.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.