TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 61 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Movie length Mike 4 2004-06-29 17:20:58
Question I have the same problem again Soon 3 2004-06-19 23:47:03
Question No need to uninstall? AJC 2 2004-06-18 22:55:08
Question glenn glenn 1 2004-06-17 10:49:16
Question This will probably sound familiar, but please read anyway. Any help appreciated. gsg1175 1 2004-06-17 10:47:32
Question Can't load "P3 Package.dll" Bill 2 2004-06-25 05:35:51
Question VCD,SVCD or MVCD with 2 audio channels ? Dominik 10 2004-06-25 05:39:56
Question sound or vid but not both tomfoolery 1 2004-06-17 21:16:55
Question encoding freezes a certain frame guest 0 2004-06-16 04:17:12
Question Need some help John 0 2004-06-16 03:52:24
Question No Sound Trid 0 2004-06-16 03:22:41
Question Failed to make a cue file abrogard 1 2004-06-16 00:57:20

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 61 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Movie length No.41824
Mike  2004-06-19 12:29:11 ( ID:h6dz4hf4fj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. Why is it that some movies that I download, which should only be 90 minutes and should fit on two CDs end up way longer when converted to VCD and would fit on four instead? I there something that I can do? Does this mean that the file is corrupted. I get this problem with probably 50% of the movies I download.

Thanks,

Mike

ashy  2004-06-19 12:32:01 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the size of the original has nothing whatsoever to do with the output size.
Output size is determined by the length/bitrate ratio.
The longer the movie and the higher the bitrate the larger the size will be.

ashy  2004-06-19 12:33:36 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just re-read your post. Are you saying the output is longer then the original source?

Mike  2004-06-19 12:53:45 ( ID:h6dz4hf4fj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply ashi. I'm not to good with the technical stuff, but a standard motion picture will normally fit on two CDs. My original file is .AVI and when played with my player is 90 minutes long. When I convert this file to MPEG (or VCD) it becomes more than 5 hours long with video first, then audio. Almost like video and audio are not put together.

Mike

siva  2004-06-29 17:20:58 ( ID:lgfoxxsfnw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I too am having the same problem. Reducing the bit rate helped reduce the file size marginally. I am not sure what is the least permitted value. Need to do some experiment.

Question - I have the same problem again No.41820
Soon  2004-06-19 06:59:54 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Ashy,
I have the same problem again as to last time... (WHich is: TMPGEnc will encode for first few 4000-7000 frames, it will claim it is finished. (but it was not...) This will always happens on the 8 - 10 minutes video capture. In worst cases, the Operating System hangs.)

I made the piority of 'AVI2(Open DML) file reader' to 3 and it don't seems to work for this particular file.
Anymore way to solve this problem...

ashy  2004-06-19 12:29:22 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seesm like you are still having some size issues. Why don't you make your program capture to segmented files instead of one big file. This will make it more compatible.

Soon  2004-06-19 17:20:46 ( ID:afgegqpirgk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy, now I got a cure.
I encode the big files into 2 to 3 smallers mpeg files. Then I merge them with TMPGEnc. But I got a problem now, how to remove the "beep" sound at the point of merge?

ashy  2004-06-19 23:47:03 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Splitting the MPEG is not what I advised.
Almost all capture programs have a setting to capture to segmented files.
This means that when the file size (set by the user) reaches a certain size it will automatically create a new file continuing from the previous one. This allows to circumvent the AVI size barrier which is 2GB. Set the capture program to segment the files at 1.99GB

If you use TMPG's 'Open sequence files as a movie' option the files will automatically be joined as one complete file which you can then encode as normal.

Question - No need to uninstall? No.41817
AJC  2004-06-18 10:01:43 ( ID:g8jgxfziiek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Quick question... I have an older version of TMPGEnc and would like to download the newest, but I cannot find a way to uninstall my older version (2.53.35.130). Can I just simply delete the old files without comprimising my system??? Also too, I bought InterVideo's DVDcopy2 Gold thinking it woud be a faster way to encode to MPEG 2 but it seems alot slower than TMPGEnc!!! Any feedback on this subject too please? Sincere thanks.

AJC  2004-06-18 10:45:55 ( ID:g8jgxfziiek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please disregard the preceding question. After posting it I did a search and found very many previous questions regarding this same issue. Apparently TMPGEnc is not actually even installed, it is just unzipped and then ran. So deleting the folder to the old version is appropriate after all. I apologize for the redundancy. Sincere thanks.

B_Racer  2004-06-18 22:55:08 ( ID:jrnhxvjhlek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To be correct: There are to entries in the Registry, written by TMPGEnc.
But they are used for Registering, so i can't tell which entries...

I suggest you not to delete the older Version. In some cases it might be more usefull than a newer Version. I have them all since 0.11b ;)

Question - glenn No.41815
glenn  2004-06-17 03:17:24 ( ID:npudncuycx2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any easy way to encode all the file in a directory
without having to select each one individually ?

ashy  2004-06-17 10:49:16 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.videogeneration.com.au/batchlist.htm

Question - This will probably sound familiar, but please read anyway. Any help appreciated. No.41813
gsg1175  2004-06-16 22:59:10 ( ID:pr0nur5gtgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you read this one, Ashy, please read it all the way through. I have seen your name on a lot of the replies, and I believe that you are very knowledgeable about this software and video editing in general. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to read this post.

I have used the search function on this BBS, and I have found several articles on my question, but nobody has really ever said if they have found a definitive answer for it.

My question is What can I do when I get this error message: "The error occurred when ACM was initialized."

I understand that ACM stands for Audio Compression Manager. I am guessing that there probably is a problem with one or more of the codecs. Does ANYONE know how to find out which codec it could be?

Let me explain what happened. I had gotten hold of an XviD movie that I played in Virtual Dub. "Virtual Dub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio headerwith standard CBR values during processing for better compatability." It also says that you might try to decompress the entire audio stream to a .wav file and then recompress it using a CBR encoder. To make a long story short, I converted the audio to 44100 Hz, 16 bit, Stereo, High Quality using Virtual Dub. It created a file that was almost 1.5 MB. I then took that AVI file and converted it to MPEG-1 for Video Cd using TMPGEnc. Everything worked great with NO problems. I then cut the file using the MPEG tools in TMPGEnc, but I did not realize that I need to change the "Type" from MPEG-1 System (automatic) to MPEG-1 Video CD. It cut the video file just fine.

Then I tried to convert another AVI file, and that is when the problem appeared. I received that error message. I have since tried many other AVI files with no luck. I get the same message regardless of what codec is used to decode it. I have found that TMPGEnc even decodes ASF files, but I have no luck with those either.

PLEASE HELP! I am at my wit's end. I am sorry the post is so long. Thank you very much for your patience. Please feel free to e-mail me if you wish. Thank you again.

gsg1175

ashy  2004-06-17 10:47:32 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is just usually a codec problem.
Most AVI's come with AC3 or MP3 audio, some have MP3 VBR audio which is problematic as you have noticed by the warning Virtualdub gave you.

First of all do these AVI's play OK with audio in media player?

My advice is to first install the 2 codecs below:
http://www.einfach-divx.de/download_detail.php?download=15
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

If you still have problems post back.

Question - Can't load "P3 Package.dll" No.41810
Bill  2004-06-16 17:12:55 ( ID:k0uzo5pkwd6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just downloaded the software, keep getting Can't load "P3 Package.dll. File is in folder. Anyone know why?

ashy  2004-06-16 21:10:26 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No idea, I've never heard this one before.....

Sakuya  2004-06-25 05:35:51 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you unzip all of the contents into one folder instead of opening TMPGEnc from an unzipping utility? Did you move anything after unzipping? TMPGEnc.exe should be in the same folder with that P3Package.dll file. If not...then I guess delete your version of TMPGEnc and then re-download it? Or simply, delete TMPGEnc and if you still have your ZIP file, unzip it again.

Question - VCD,SVCD or MVCD with 2 audio channels ? No.41799
Dominik  2004-06-16 12:59:07 ( ID:ypbhsdkkzfm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.
TMPGEnc is a great tool. But I can't manage to create a SVCD, VCD or a MVCD that has got two audio channels. The source is a PAL-DVD. And I would like to have German and English as audio channels. I read it in the forums, that it is possible to have two channels on one SVCD, but I could not find a How-to-Guide. Thank you for your help!

Dominik

ashy  2004-06-16 21:07:46 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You just need to mux in the extra audio channel using the Multiplexer in the MPEG tools.

Encode both of the audio tracks to Mp2 with TMPG then using the multiplexer add all of the tracks I.E. Video, audio track 1 and audio track 2 then set the 'Type' to 'MPEG2 SVCD(VBR)', name your output and run.

Dominik  2004-06-16 22:05:56 ( ID:v.tjhkgz0hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you very much, ashy. Though, I already tried using the muliplexer but maybe I did something wrong. After doing that, I played the file with PowerDVD, but I could not select another audio-track. I'll try yours and we'll see.

ashy  2004-06-17 10:34:41 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You must burn the file as a SVCD first before you will be able to select the second audio track.
Simply playing the MPEG file itself will NOT work.

It *MUST* be formatted and burned as a Super Video CD. There is data contained within a folder on a SVCD that tells the player which tracks are present. Without this folder your player is unaware of the second track and will just play the first one it encounters.

Dominik  2004-06-17 12:18:37 ( ID:b5ubdwgldwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But what about the video file ? Do I have to make a stream of it first in tmpgenc ? Do I have to use DVD2AVI ?

ashy  2004-06-18 19:37:05 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean 'What about the Video?'

Just encode the source to an MPEG2 SVCD as normal with TMPG.
Then using TMPG, encode the second audio track to .MP2
Mux the second track in with the existing video/audio track you have created using the Multiplexer in the MPEG tools then just burn the whole thing to disk as a SVCD.

The easiest way to do it is to use DVD2AVI to create a d2v file. In DVD2AVI under Audio>Track number select 'None'
This will create a Video only .d2v

Then get yourself VOB2AUDIO to rip out the audio tracks that you require from the DVD to wav files.

Put the .d2v and one of the wav audio tracks into TMPG and encode to SVCD.
Then encode the other audio track to .mp2 with TMPG and mux in with created SVCD as described above.
Then just burn as a SVCD to disk.

Dominik  2004-06-19 00:23:31 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you. I'll try it.

Dominik  2004-06-22 23:29:14 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, now I tried it and it just didn't work. That's what I did:
I decrypted the DVD to my HD. Then I used DVD2AVI to create a project file (.d2v). I selected "Demux all tracks" as audio outpout method.
Then I opened TMPGEnc and chose SVCD PAL in the Project Wizard. I chose the .d2v-File as Video and didn't choose any audio-input. After finishing this process, I opened the MPEG Tools, put the produced file into the De-Multiplexer and made the .m2v-File. After that I opened the Multiplexer, put the .m2v-File and two audio-tracks (.ac3-Files I produced with DVD2AVI) into it. After that I had the final file...... i thought. I tried to burn it as a SVCD, but NERO 6 said, that the file was not compatible and I should download some plug-in for DVD-Conversion..... WHAT DID I DO WRONG ? Please help me one more time!

Dominik  2004-06-24 02:13:26 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, so now I did excactly as you said and burn the file as a SVCD. And NERO said there where 2 Audio-Streams and that it's not standard, but I clicked "Ignore" and burned the CD. But my DVD-Player and also my DVD-Programme (PowerDVD) don't seem to accept the other audio-stream and I cannot selcet another stream, there's still only one.

Maybe it's because I made both audio-streams from WAVs to .mp2 and then use the Multiplexer to combine the m2v-File with the two mp2-Files ?!
First I had the file with the first track built into the SVCD from the beginning, not convertzing it into mp2, but after the multiplexing the file was too big to burn it (and it's only 45 Min!)

ashy  2004-06-24 21:19:50 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Obviously you are doing something wrong somewhere.
For a start Nero should not be giving you that warning. 2 audio streams in a SVCD is perfectly within the specs.
Also I don't use PowerDVD cuz i think it's crap, I use WinDVD which doesn't have a problem with it neither does my DVD player.

Trust me if you do this right it WILL work.

Lets go through it by starting off with what you need.

1. 1 Video stream (.m2v) - 480x576 25 fps

2. 2 audio streams (.mp2) both 224 kb/s

Now what you need to do.

1. Open TMPG and click the Multiplexer tab in the MPEG tools.

2. Load your Video stream then load each of the audio streams, so you have 3 in the multiplxer window.

3. Now make sure that the 'Type' is set to 'MPEG2 Super VideoCD(VBR)'

4. Choose your output and run.

5. Make sure you're using the lates version of NERO burning ROM 6 'not' NERO express.

6. Run NERO and select 'Super VideoCD' from the options then click 'New'

7. Drag your MPEG into the compilation window

8. You shouldn't get any errors about how many streams there are, however if you do then ignore and burn anyway.

9. The SVCD should now play with selectable audio tracks.

Sakuya  2004-06-25 05:39:56 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry to barge in but that's so cool! Is that the same thing as the dual audio channels for VCD where one language is on the left channel and another is on the right channel, so 2 mono streams? Sorry, I don't know what I'm talking about. :)

Question - sound or vid but not both No.41797
tomfoolery  2004-06-16 09:18:36 ( ID:yy0ncampghr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi now I'm sure someone out there has a quick answer to this so here goes

I've got some avi files I'm tring to encode but could only get video with no sound -ok so i bumped up the piroity on the Direct Show plug in - sound but no vid- ok so i bumped up the piroity on the AVI VFW plug in - back to original problem
what ever plug in is on top of the list, even if they have the same piroity, means i get sound or vid but not both ??

Mad Schatz  2004-06-17 21:16:55 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi There !
I've the same problem. I've some video files which are compressed with Div-X 5.1.1. when I try to convert them into MPEG-1 format with TMPGenc the result is, a video without sound !!!!
Does anyone have any ideas ??

Question - encoding freezes a certain frame No.41796
guest  2004-06-16 04:17:12 ( ID:l8f8l0bz7bm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm encoding 2 .dat files. the second half of the movie is converted using tmpgenc plus perfectly. for some odd reason the first movie file seems to be doing fine during the encoding process. when i open the .m2v file, i find that it'll play up to the 7 minute mark and then the rest of the file is just one frozen frame. what could be causing this? thanks for your help!

Question - Need some help No.41795
John  2004-06-16 03:52:24 ( ID:hzwlrz7s85o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, got a quick question. I'm trying to split my SVCD (mpeg) into 3 parts, so i can burn it. But when i try and edit it TMPGEnc says "Illegal MPEG video stream". What is wrong ? also, what is another good piece of software that i can use for splitting my file ?

Question - No Sound No.41794
Trid  2004-06-16 03:22:41 ( ID:fpbsitrajio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a movie that i downloaded and i went to convert it to be burned as a vcd. When i go to spit it under the sorce option i see there is no sound i was wondering why this is. It plays fine with sound in the .avi for it is currently in. I have also download the AC3 Codec and that doesn't help.

Question - Failed to make a cue file No.41792
abrogard  2004-06-15 23:10:37 ( ID:bcbfgvr9vum )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After 12 hours encoding during which everything seemed fine it all went quiet and inactive and I saw that the last log message was 'failed to make a cue file'..

can I do that manually somehow?

ashy  2004-06-16 00:57:20 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What failed to make a CUE file?
TMPG doesn't make CUE files.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.