TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 63 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question TMPGEnc claims encoding is finished but its not... Soon 5 2004-06-19 06:01:58
Question no sound? amanda 2 2004-06-10 04:36:00
Question Tech Animator Judge49 1 2004-06-08 22:05:11
Question avi -> mpg audio out of sync sexy_penguin 4 2004-06-10 05:08:56
Question Where's the audio file totalrecall 0 2004-06-05 03:46:41
Question Help! amanda 2 2004-06-07 23:50:52
Question TMPEGEnc Does Not Load Jamie_Bennett 2 2004-06-04 21:36:54
Question No Audio AC3 webcat 2 2004-06-02 20:19:11
Question Sound not synchronized froggy1 4 2004-06-04 21:59:57
Question "Open sequence files as a movie" NOT working BKing 3 2004-06-01 19:00:07
Question Cannot set bitrate below 3000 Rognorak 0 2004-05-31 19:13:05
Question Invalid Pointer Operation Gredlen 0 2004-05-31 17:57:10

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 63 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - TMPGEnc claims encoding is finished but its not... No.41763
Soon  2004-06-09 15:27:12 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a little problem here that irritates me at times. I have an old TV-Tuner card and that old TV Tuner Card only support AVI files. I had to choose uncompressed AVI to prevent frames being drop out during recording. Well, the uncompressed AVI files really eats up my 40GB Harddisk - 10 minutes for almost 2 GB!!
When I tried to encode these captures into Mpeg files to save space, TMPGEnc will encode for first few 4000-7000 frames, it will claim it is finished. (but it was not...) This will always happens on the 8 - 10 minutes video capture. In worst cases, the Operating System hangs.
This is my system specification:
AMD Duron 800MHZ
WInsonic WSV6A17 (VIA KT133 Chipset)
Gigabyte ATI Radeon 7000 64 MB DDR
256MB PC133 SD-ram
Hauppauge WinTV Go! PCI TV Tuner Card
Maxtor DiamondMax plus-8 7,200RPM 2MB Buffer 40GB
Windows 98 Second Edition

ashy  2004-06-11 00:21:46 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This used to be an old problem with the AVI size limit barrier in TMPG, but it should now be fixed.

Open TMPG and go to Options>Enviromental settings>Vfapi plugins and raise the priority of the 'AVI2(Open DML) file reader' to 2 or 3 making sure it is top of the list then try again.

If you still have porblems after that you may need to frame serve the file with AVIsynth.

ashy  2004-06-11 00:31:15 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way if you want to improve your capture rate try changing your capture software.
I use to capture with a P3 500 and 128mb RAM at 400x300 without dropping any frames.
Some people say don't use DIVX for capture, but I used to get excellant rates capturing with DIVX 5 and setting the the Performance/Quality to fastest.
Fastes won't reduce the quality, but it will use less compression and create a bigger file, but far less than an uncompressed AVI.

Make sure you have WDM drivers installed for your capture card and use WDM capture software.
The best capture program I have used and will give you a better capture rate than most is IUVCR. You can also use the modified and improved WDM drivers that they have for your card.

Soon  2004-06-13 11:40:38 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ah ha! I works completely! I even works with my AVI file that is 2.51GB (windows 98 claimed the file size is -1592908800 bytes) Wonderful! Thanks you Ashy. How I can encoded them without spliting and recominding them now. Thanks a lot.
(*psst: now then I know why is program haven't been updated since 2003, it has no more problems and doesn't needs an update!! :D)
Once again, Thanks.

ashy  2004-06-13 20:37:01 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Glad u got it sorted.

Soon  2004-06-19 06:01:58 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Uh-Oh....
I have the same problem again for today's TV show... :D
I made the piority to 20 and it don't seems to work...
Anymore way to solve this problem...

Question - no sound? No.41760
amanda  2004-06-07 23:53:32 ( ID:y0cv6nkdwhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i tried to load my movie into tmpgenc and it doesn't have sound.?

the sound works fine when played in nero showtime. the video is actually perfect too. its just when i play it in the dvd player that it looks like the tracking is weird and there's no colour.

ashy  2004-06-08 22:10:43 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to find out what the audio is in your source.
If it's an AVI it is likely AC3 or VBR mp3.
If you download a little utility called AVIcodec it will tell you what you need to know.
Post back with the info.

Your DVD playback problem sounds like you are trying to play the wrong format in your player I.E. NTSC in a PAL player.
If your DVD player is connected by SCART then have a look in your DVD players video output settings and set it to RGB output.
This may cure the problem.
If not you will have to do a format conversion.

amanda  2004-06-10 04:36:00 ( ID:y0cv6nkdwhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hmm...it appears that i am a not quite the computer genius....i tried changing the setting on my dvd player from "multi" to "ntsc"...hee hee ...and it worked...blush...

thanks ashy

Question - Tech Animator No.41758
Judge49  2004-06-07 20:03:05 ( ID:drlum1ggtbh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The m1v codec is not playing on several test machines. How do I correct this?

ashy  2004-06-08 22:05:11 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean the M1v codec.
M1v is not a codec it is the name for an MPEG1 video only stream.

You must have an MPEG capable player on your sytem to play it.
All windows OSes come with support for MPEG1 such as Windows media player

What is the error you ahve when trying to play.

Question - avi -> mpg audio out of sync No.41753
sexy_penguin  2004-06-06 00:23:34 ( ID:xlreiniybtl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ive got a few avi files im trying to put on dvd. i know questions like this have been posted and im looking through them for info but im not getting anywhere. heres how im doing the conversion:
i use vdub and save the wav, then save the avi with no sound.
i convert the wav to mp2.
i use tmpgenc and select dvd(ntsc) and select the mp2 sound and the soundless avi.
after its converted and i play it the sound is 3 seconds slow. like the peoples mouths will move and then 3 seconds later i hear what there saying.
ive tried using the wav instead of the mp2 but i get the same thing. i also tried cbr and vbr.

the movie is fine before i encode it its just after that this happens.

all the other avis ive done work fine..... could it be something that has to do with a codec or something?
im gunna keep looking through old posts but please help me out with this id really appreciate it.

sexy_penguin  2004-06-06 00:31:58 ( ID:xlreiniybtl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the fps is 23.976 btw

ashy  2004-06-06 17:45:28 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you create another AVI without sound? Just use the one you've got and the new wav.

The first thing to do is to use Virtualdub. Load your existing AVI with audio then load the the wav you have created as the audio source.
Play it in Vdub, is it in sync?
If not use the audio delay feature until it syncs. When you find the right value you can either use that in the source range of TMPG and re-encode or you can add the value when muxing using BBMPEG.

ashy  2004-06-06 17:46:09 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way, why do you need to create a wav in the first place?

sexy_penguin  2004-06-10 05:08:56 ( ID:xlreiniybtl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i heard it was faster if i split the 2 before i used tmpgenc. when i play it in vdub it works fine.

Question - Where's the audio file No.41752
totalrecall  2004-06-05 03:46:41 ( ID:.njchrszzz. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

New to ripping DVD's and trying to create MPEG's for Windows. Using Smart Ripper and TMPGNC. After ripping a file and starting TMPGENC I can load the video part of the file fine. But when i go to then load the audio I can't see or load anything. If I select all files and try to load any fo them get an error that the file is not supporte. I am using a music DVD and by dumb luck did get the first selection working.

I ripped track 1 and then started TMPGENC, loaded the video file and easily loaded the same file into the audio section, made the MPEG and windows media player worked just fine playing it.

But any other track won't work. TMPGENC will load the video file, but I can't find an audio file that will load or appear in the folder I created. I have also tried to do the same with a History Channel DVD. Same problem, Video works just fine, but can't get any audio files to load in the program.

So, what key facts don't I know - what am I missing?

Thanks

totalrecall

Question - Help! No.41749
amanda  2004-06-05 01:14:14 ( ID:y0cv6nkdwhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im having a bit of a problem playing vcds that ive created after using TMPGEnc. I started with an AVI. Then I converted to mpeg. then there was no sound so I had to separate the sound into a wav file and yadda yadda. I'm still pretty new to all of this. So.. when I play this on my dvd player the screen is all shaky like an old television. the sound works though. other vcds work fine. anyone know how to fix this? i'd really appreciate it.

ashy  2004-06-06 17:47:00 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Change the field order.

amanda  2004-06-07 23:50:52 ( ID:y0cv6nkdwhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i tried to load my movie into tmpgenc and it doesn't have sound.?
the sound works fine when played in nero showtime. the video is actually perfect too. its just when i play it in the dvd player that it looks like the tracking is weird and there's no colour.

Question - TMPEGEnc Does Not Load No.41746
Jamie_Bennett  2004-06-04 16:32:13 ( ID:odhgiplfcsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All,

I've got a bit of a problem with TMPEGEnc. Recently it's stopped loading, when I click on the icon to run it, the cursor changes to the egg timer for a few seconds, then changes back to the standard cursor. But the program never appears on the screen. Upon closer inspection the application shows up as a process in task manager (Not as a application, just a process). If I try and load the program again, the same happens, but the task manager now shows two processes (TMPEGEnc.exe IIRC). I've tried closing these process and trying again, but same problem appears again.

I've tried re-installing (Unzipping over the original files), and downloaded and installed (Again just overwriting the original files) the latest version. Strangely the latest version loads the splash screen about registration then when I hit ok the program does exactly as before and presents me with a blank screen.

OS is WinXP SP1 with all patches applied.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Jay

ashy  2004-06-04 17:22:26 ( ID:crvypwl1irh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the TMPG folder delete CurrentCfg.tpr and TMPGEnc.ini
The program should then load.

Jamie_Bennett  2004-06-04 21:36:54 ( ID:odhgiplfcsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ashy that worked great :-)

Jay

Question - No Audio AC3 No.41743
webcat  2004-06-02 10:57:13 ( ID:vzvrbschyj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have downloaded an AVI with AC3, I use Tmp latest version installed.
I have gspot and this tells me I have all the codec required and the file is good. When I encode the resulting wav file has no sound.I have installed AC3ACM installed. What am I missing? can anyone offer any suggestion.

Thank you
Webcat

webcat  2004-06-02 11:46:41 ( ID:vzvrbschyj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wish to add that I have a Pentium 3 which has the same codec and programs installed and this will encode the AC3 to wav and it works .. but it will not work on my other computer. I have checked the audio codecs installed and they are the same. I don't understand why it will work on one and not the other.

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas .. :))))

ashy  2004-06-02 20:19:11 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are absolutely sure you have the AC3ACM decompressor installed correctly then try raising the priority of the 'AVI VFW reader' to 2 or 3 and make it top of the list.

Question - Sound not synchronized No.41738
froggy1  2004-06-02 03:10:42 ( ID:ghelfdbhvnk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to run an AVI file thru TMPGnc (version 2.521.58.169) as both 352x288 and 704x576. The sound in either trial was not synchronized, although the original AVI file was perfectly synchronized.

Any suggestion as how to correct this problem.

Thanks Kurt

geemayb  2004-06-02 23:34:46 ( ID:7hjy95xtjyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having the same problem. My avi file is fine, checked for video freezes in VirtualDubmp3 and then extracted the 2 channel audio the first time using VirtualDub. After I used TMPG the first 15 minutes was fine but audio lagged behind the video in the rest of the movie. I tried using GoldWave to extract the audio and then changed the setting in TMPG to keep actual aspect and it came out worse. The only thing I saw different in this movie than the others I converted was that the video was encoded using DivX Pro 5.1.1 codec. I wonder if this could be why!!

ashy  2004-06-03 22:14:16 ( ID:crvypwl1irh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The easiest way is to load the AVI into Virtualdub and then use it's audio delay feature to find out the correct value to skew the audio so it matches the video.
Then just use that value in the audio correction feature in the source range function or use something like BBMPEG to adjust the skew during muxing.

geemayb  2004-06-04 18:27:38 ( ID:7hjy95xtjyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I opened the file in virtualdub and found where you could adjust the skew. I tried -5 and it worked for the last part of the movie but then the beginning that was fine is now off. I downloaded the program you suggested but it won't even open the avi file. I saw where you could adjust and cut the video but nothing for audio.

ashy  2004-06-04 21:59:57 ( ID:crvypwl1irh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

-5?
-5 wouldn't have had any effect at all to be honest.

The skew correction is in milliseconds. -5 would have been 5 1000ths of a second, not very much.

You usually have to skew the audio at least a couple of hundred milliseconds to make a difference.

It seems what you have is a gradual desync. This is harder to rectify. Does it start off Ok and then gradually get worse towards the end or does it go out of sync at a certain point?

The first thing I would check is the frame rate of your AVI. Have a look at the file properties of the AVI in Virtualdub.
If it's not exactly 25 fps then that is your problem.

If it is 25fps then post back and I'll give you some suggestions to fix it.

By the way BBMPEG only accepts MPEG not AVI.

Question - "Open sequence files as a movie" NOT working No.41734
BKing  2004-06-01 12:56:57 ( ID:eb5eazcwq7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just downloaded TMPGEnc-2.521.58.169-Free.
I have 14 .avi files which I even renamed to DV-0001.avi, DV-0002.avi, ...
and set the "Open sequence files as a movie" option.
I tried adding the first file with the wizard and without it. no difference!

The preview only shows the first file :(

can anybody help?

ashy  2004-06-01 18:01:44 ( ID:njkuapi6ruf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 or 3 and make it top of the list in the VFAPI plugins.
If that don't work try the 'OpenDML file reader'

Are the DV files type 1 or 2?

BKing  2004-06-01 18:57:15 ( ID:eb5eazcwq7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no no. they are not from a digital camera. they are divx5 avis.
I only renamed them so I could be should tmpgenc would recognize the filenumbers

BKing  2004-06-01 19:00:07 ( ID:eb5eazcwq7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

... but it worked! thanks!!

Question - Cannot set bitrate below 3000 No.41733
Rognorak  2004-05-31 19:13:05 ( ID:qhysggp0a9. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I am trying to encode a divx file to mpeg to put it on a dvd-r. For some reason, when I am on screen 4/5 of the wizard (bitrate setings screen) I cannot select an average bitrate below 3000. When I type a number below 3000, Once the box loses focus, the value gets reset to 3000 again. I have the problem with all types of rae control modes. Is there some reason 3000 is the minimum?

Thanks

Question - Invalid Pointer Operation No.41732
Gredlen  2004-05-31 17:57:10 ( ID:xb968sbxi7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert an avi to dvd, but when I try to change the source range, I get an invalid pointer operation.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.