TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 66 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Request Problem playing in my DVD pheler 6 2004-05-18 20:49:48
Question fuji avi tmarkthomas 3 2004-05-15 13:37:49
Question Twitchy Playback Sakuya 11 2004-05-24 04:33:23
Question No audio after converting mov to mpeg 1 wilderfrieden 2 2004-05-22 21:33:43
Question Further Merge & Cut Problem Kev C 1 2004-05-13 20:55:15
Question Problem Merging MPEG2 files Kev C 1 2004-05-13 20:52:50
Bug report TMPGEnc Plus Ver. 2.521 geekrawker 0 2004-05-13 00:44:22
Question TMPG3 Free? And where is Manual IVTC in 3? Bladi 0 2004-05-12 14:24:45
Question frame skipping goo_lav 4 2004-05-15 16:30:11
Question does TMPGenc support conversion from WMV to MPEG for a DVD youritguru 1 2004-05-12 20:39:31
Question Converting time lapse JPG files to MPG movie Euphratees 1 2004-05-11 16:02:00
Question Issues with subtitles in TMPGEnc... Norik 2 2004-05-20 02:51:48

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 66 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Request - Problem playing in my DVD No.41672
pheler  2004-05-14 15:17:29 ( ID:/2xw/fyvq/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used TMPGEnc to put my movie into VCD format. It did that fine and then I used Nero to burn it to my CR-R which it completed fine. I then tried to play it in my Magnovox DVD player and I can only see the title page of the movie but it freezes or won't go forward. I looked on videohelp.com and users said my DVD model should play VCDs...so I don't know what the problem is. The movie did play on my computer's DVD drive. Is it my DVD player or is it the way I encoded it on TMPGEnc. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

micky j  2004-05-15 16:32:32 ( ID:fety0n0glor )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you need more girth mate... its all about the girth

ashy  2004-05-15 20:38:51 ( ID:m.omi/i.imo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean the title page of the movie?
You don't mean a menu do you?
If you simply mean the beginning credits then you may have burned your disk to fast.
4x is the best speed for VCD. It also depends on the quality of your disks. Which disks do you use?

pheler  2004-05-17 20:54:36 ( ID:/2xw/fyvq/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I saw the title page, I believe it is the menu page. I press play, and almost all the different numbers on the remote. You can slow down the burning speed in Nero?

jdmar69  2004-05-18 07:28:36 ( ID:l5iudigv3eh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with asky... how many movies you've made with the same problem? this might be a good checker to you.

ashy  2004-05-18 20:47:05 ( ID:m.omi/i.imo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you saying that you have created this Menu in Nero?
If so it will NOT play past the menu until you select the track to be played.

For example if you have put only one movie on the disk you will only have one track, so just select the '1' key on your remote when you see the menu then press 'Enter'

If you are still having problems then I would advise you to create the VCD without a menu in Nero.

ashy  2004-05-18 20:49:48 ( ID:m.omi/i.imo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If you saying that you have created this Menu in Nero?
Sorry about the ridiculous English there. It should have said:

Are you saying that you have created this Menu in Nero?

Question - fuji avi No.41668
tmarkthomas  2004-05-14 10:23:56 ( ID:0fvhok9m1ma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've a new finepix3800 that takes avi at 10fps. tmpegnc dosen't "see" the video portion of the avi. is there a way to convert? thanks, tt

David  2004-05-14 22:14:41 ( ID:brbif5mcn.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What codec does your avi file use?

tmarkthomas  2004-05-15 11:17:49 ( ID:0fvhok9m1ma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i appreciate the reply; i found that by running it["motionjpeg] thru virtual dub then tmpegenc i can get to an mpeg form at 24fps. tt

ashy  2004-05-15 13:37:49 ( ID:m.omi/i.imo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That was unecessary. You just need to install a software MPJPEG codec such as the Morgan multimedia MJPEG codec or the PICVIDEO codec.
http://www.softpile.com/Multimedia/Video/Review_10792_index.html

I would then choose the frame rate setting in TMPG as 30 / 3 = 10 fps or maybe 29.97 / 3 = 9.99 fps

Question - Twitchy Playback No.41656
Sakuya  2004-05-14 04:52:42 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I found out that my AVI video has twitchy playback. Could this be a codec problem or is the original video supposed to be like this? I'm not sure because I forgot who made the video. Anyway, the video is fine most of the time. However in certain scenes, the character will sort of twitch when she's walking (this is a cartoon by the way). It's most noticeable in the preview at the end where entire frames would twitch. I went frame by frame and some frames would go 1 frame backwards before advancing! Is it the author's encoding problem?

I opened GSpot and it said it uses Xvid. I opened Virtualdub's File Information screen and it said the AVI uses the ffvfw MPEG-4 codec. The video is 23.976 fps. I have ffdshow set to decode: XVID, DivX 3, DivX 4, and DivX 5. I have ffvfw set to decode: XVID, DIV3. My FFDSHOW is version December 13, 2002. My FFVWFW is version October 28, 2003.

I'm making a DVD so I'm just wondering if these twitchy problems will transfer over when I'm converting with TMPGEnc Plus.

ashy  2004-05-14 21:12:59 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying that when playing the original AVI in Media player you are experiencing this problem?

By the way your codecs are very old. Uninstall all FFDSHOW and FFVFW codecs and download the new one below which is FFDSHOW and FFVFW combined.

If this XVID has been encoded using a recent version of XVID then this is your problem. The way XVID handles bitstreams has been changed in the recent version and so requires the update for correct playback.
http://athos.leffe.dnsalias.com/ffdshow-20040508.exe

By the way Virtualdub will always say that the codec it uses is FFVFW or similar as Virtualdub is a VFW application only.

Also I prefer to use AVICODEC for codec details.

Sakuya  2004-05-15 07:28:41 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did not know how to configure it since it's even more confusing now so I left it as is after the installation. The problem persists. Whenever I try to open it in Virtualdub, it says I do not have the VFW decompressor. I thought that file above is a FFVFW and FFDSHOW combo?

ashy  2004-05-15 13:28:40 ( ID:m.omi/i.imo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes it is, but obviously YOU must enable the codecs you wish to be decoded.
You must select 'VFW Configuration' from the FFDSHOW programs menu and enable the relevant decoders.

Also you didn't answer my question. Do you see this effect in Media player?

Sakuya  2004-05-16 04:45:09 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I enabled all the necessary codecs in VFW configuration window. The twitchiness still occurs in both Virtualdub and Media Player. I'm guessing the creator made some errors to cause this glitch then. Oh well, I hope the next episode won't be like this. Thanks for the codec upgrade though! :)

ashy  2004-05-16 08:36:15 ( ID:m.omi/i.imo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it an interlaced AVI?
If it is it could simply be a field order problem. You can quite easily reverse this with Virtualdub.

Just open the AVi as normal, but put a check in the 'Pop up extended options' box.

Next put a check in 'Swap fields'

Sakuya  2004-05-17 01:08:42 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is an interlaced AVI and I did that "Swap Field" thing. But the resulted AVI is still the same. So it has to be something that the creator did.

B_Racer  2004-05-18 18:08:50 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try to encode it in BFF-Mode instead of TFF. Swap Fields is NOT doing a Field Order Change...

ashy  2004-05-18 20:33:24 ( ID:m.omi/i.imo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually the 'Swap fields' WILL reverse the dominance because the dominant field to be played first remains the same however the fields have been swapped so in effect the opposite field is now dominant, but this is not really the correct way to do it as you point out.
It should however have been enough to test whether the field order was the problem with the AVI.

There is a specific filter that can do this, but at the moment I can't think of the name of it.

I'll try a bit of searching and get back.

ashy  2004-05-18 21:15:20 ( ID:m.omi/i.imo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have found this filter that should do the trick:
http://neuron2.net/reverse/reverse.html

However I seem to remember using something different when I had a similar problem with the field order. Nevertheless the method seems to be the same by just shifting the frame one line.

B_Racer  2004-05-19 10:52:16 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@Ashy

There is a big difference in Field Swap and wrong Field Order.
Try it by yourself. A still Picture with Field Swap will look totaly different from one with a complementary Field Order.

Sakuya  2004-05-24 04:33:23 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, I tried your Reverse Field Dominance filter and it still won't work. Actually, I made sure I had the filter on because I didn't see any differences at all.

Question - No audio after converting mov to mpeg 1 No.41653
wilderfrieden  2004-05-13 22:57:19 ( ID:mvvlr3twbta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After re installing my computer (Win 98 SE) there is no audio after converting a mov file into a mpeg 1 file. I did that before and it worked. Playing those files with the Quicktime Player is fine. I already installed tons of codecs like the nimo pack, read Faq´s at forums and other stuff. But nothing helped. I also have the QTReader.vfp. What is wrong? It worked before!
Thanks for helping.

jdmar69  2004-05-18 07:19:06 ( ID:l5iudigv3eh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this might be you have a compressed audio... have you try checking the file using Gspot? This program shows what video and audio format you have and upon clicking "render", it will show if you have a good copy for video or/and audio.

wilderfrieden  2004-05-22 21:33:43 ( ID:vix0sbnvs7o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, I didn´t try using Gspot yet. Anyway, I did convert a certain MOV file before and now I´m having that problem with the same file. It doesn´t work anymore. But thank you for helping anyway.

Question - Further Merge & Cut Problem No.41651
Kev C  2004-05-13 16:57:10 ( ID:msxvyprwupg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just merged 3 MPEG2 files into one. For some reason, the output is not an MPEG2 file, it's just called a "file", it's not an "mpeg" or "movie" it's just called a "file" and is not associated to any program (a normal MPEG2 would be associated to, say Media Player). Double click on it and it tells me Windows cannot open this file, and that Windows needs to know what program created it. However, when I try to load it into a DVD Authoring program it recognises it as an MPEG2!? My PC doesn't seem to know what this file is. I've created an association for it now, but it's not recognised as being anything. Anyone else have this experience?

ashy  2004-05-13 20:55:15 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You didn't give the file a name when you merged it.
Just give it an .MPG extension. It will then open with whatever program you have associated with MPEGs

Question - Problem Merging MPEG2 files No.41649
Kev C  2004-05-13 16:03:55 ( ID:msxvyprwupg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have multiple MPEG2 video files. All of them are 720x480 29.97fps NTSC at 8000kbps. I have no problem putting each MPEG into my DVD authoring program, however to make life easier, I wanted to merge each file into one large MPEG2. When I try to merge them, TMPGEnc tells me that they are not the same even though they are. All MPEGs came from the same source and each has been encoded the same. Am I doing something wrong? Or has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

ashy  2004-05-13 20:52:50 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you use TMPG DVDauthor you don't need to merge them first. Just add each file one after the other and build the DVD. They will be automatically joined into one file.

Bug report - TMPGEnc Plus Ver. 2.521 No.41648
geekrawker  2004-05-13 00:44:22 ( ID:te8sli2ccfo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is not specific to an input or output file type. My problem Lies within the batch function. When I batch (no mater what format), the system will encode the first in the list. After completion of the first, the program will hang, but not crash the computer.

I have had very little problems with the software I recently cleaned/formatted my Box and upgraded with a fresh install of Windows XP Pro and software.

Now I have the batch hang issue. Previous version of Windows was 2000pro, and I did not have a problem with the Batch hanging up.

1.4Ghz AMD, 640mb ram, DX9.0b, ATI 9000LE 128MB, Lotsa other detailed crap.

Question - TMPG3 Free? And where is Manual IVTC in 3? No.41647
Bladi  2004-05-12 14:24:45 ( ID:0r1a.2q.ytf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question 1: Will there be a free version of TMPGEnc 3?
Question 2: What happened to the manual ivtc capabilities that is there in 2.5 but not in 3? (japanese trial version)

Question - frame skipping No.41642
goo_lav  Home )  2004-05-12 12:53:12 ( ID:fety0n0glor )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, id b really grateful if sum1 cud help me with this cos ive been surfin forums for ages tryin to find an answer but im out of luk so far.....

rite im tryin to convert avi and mpeg files so that i can use tmpg dvd author to create a dvd, im using the pal dvd template but changing the bitrate to 4000, when i play the .m2v file on media player the frames skip from time to time but its really noticable.

can ne1 help!?!
plzzzz

ashy  2004-05-12 20:38:30 ( ID:nenanaiur66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

More details required:

1. Source frame rate?
2. Format, XVID DIVX etc?
3. Output frame rate?
4. Is the skipping at regular intervals and where is it most noticable?

goo_lav  2004-05-13 14:52:04 ( ID:gye7n0apz7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

its happens with avery format ive tried- mpeg, mpg and avi (divx and regular avi, im not sure of the frame rate, but it dus it with every file i try to convert.
im tryin to output the file at 25fps and 4000kb using the pal dvd template

the frame skipping seems to happen randomly and is very noticable, it seems to skip several frames at once.

thanx for ure interest/help so far mate

lav

ashy  2004-05-13 20:49:16 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is important you tell me the exact frame rate of the source. If it's avi you can find this out with AVICODEC.

For MPEG use something like BITRATEVIEWER.

Also does this happen with the MPEG itself or only when it is burned to disk?

goo_lav  2004-05-15 16:30:11 ( ID:fety0n0glor )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

cheers for the advice, the only thing is i use tmpg dvd author to encode the files after tmpegenc, and it requires 25fps for pal dvd, and it comes up with the warning message if its a def frame rate. ive used avs video converter to convert sum avi files at 25fps and they work fine, but id rather use tmpgenc cos its got more controls and shit
thanks agen

Question - does TMPGenc support conversion from WMV to MPEG for a DVD No.41640
youritguru  2004-05-12 12:11:51 ( ID:l/hmlrcfwfw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I would like to know if TMPGenc supports conversion from WMV to MPEG.
An example is if I want to use Windows Movie Maker as my editing program, (yeah I no it isn't the greatest, but it's not to myself) and because Windows Movie Maker only can save into the WMV format and no DVD players support this format yet, I have to convert it to MPEG.

So the short version of my question is simply can TMPGenc convert a WMV file to MPEG so I can burn that end file from TMPGenc to a DVD.

Thank you in advance
Regards Lars Bengtsson.

ashy  2004-05-12 20:39:31 ( ID:nenanaiur66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep.

Question - Converting time lapse JPG files to MPG movie No.41638
Euphratees  2004-05-11 09:34:20 ( ID:zx5r1ovhtbf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to string together a time lapse sequence of JPGs using TMPGEnc. It has been suggested to me that this program will do the job for me but I can't work out how.

Is there a FAQ, help file, that will be able to help me?

Thanks in advance.......

ashy  2004-05-11 16:02:00 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure the JPG's are numbered sequentially then just load the first JPG in the sequence.

Question - Issues with subtitles in TMPGEnc... No.41635
Norik  2004-05-09 16:51:28 ( ID:dj2pure6h.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi folks -

I'm having some issues with getting TMPGEnc to startup VobSub and use the subtitles for an MPEG-1 format movie that I have - I want to use it to "burn in" the subs.

1. I have set the priority for the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader to the maximum (3) in the Environmental Settings dialog box.

2. VobSub does load properly and show the subs when I run the movie in Media Player.

3. The subtitle filename and the movie filename are the same (except for the file extensions of course), and the files are in the same folder.

I've reinstalled TMPGEnc a couple of times to make sure there was nothing wrong with it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ashy  2004-05-11 16:02:52 ( ID:l2ofrdcu/cg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Install FFDSHOW.

lotusman  2004-05-20 02:51:48 ( ID:y4zgv7u6jbc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@ashy. I have the same problem. I also tried ffdshow. didn't work.

Following is my comment to a similar thread somewhere else on this board. (Question: No subtitles?! NO 2751 started by Sakin on 2004/04/25).

I have recently run into the same problem with TMPG. I used to be able to burn all subtitles into my movies with Directshow VFAP set to highest priority and installing DirectVobsub. Was doing this for over a year with TMPF successfully encoding evefrything I threw at it. Started having problems with XVID encoded AVI's. Since more and more movies were coming out in XVID, I searched the forums of Videohelp.com and several other places and they all came up with the same suggestions. Uninstall the Nimo pack codecs (which I used succesfully for quite a while), install ffdshow, configure its codec for XVID, turn on the subtitle option in ffdshow etc. Did not work. The subtitles load automatically in the media players but not in TMPG anymore. Now I can't get TMPG to hard burn any subtitles at all. TMPG doesn't seem to load directshow anymore. I believe I somehow screwed up a registry or TMPG setting. BTW, presently I have the K-Lite Codec pack installed (although I installed the newes XVID codec and the newest Vobsub and directvobsub directly from files obtained throuhg their websites). Every thing seems to work OK except I CAN'T GET TMPG TO LOAD THE SUBTITLES. Would appreciate any suggestions.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.