TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 68 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question HOW TO REGISTAR ON NEW COMPUTER CELTIC YOB 4 2004-05-02 23:50:45
Question Support for Dual Xeon? CharlesW 0 2004-04-30 13:08:32
Question sub problems.... black line?! nick 1 2004-04-30 21:06:18
Question Newbie Question - Why does all avi files I have play very slowly ? somatik 3 2004-06-09 20:21:12
Question MPEG TOOL le gouli 0 2004-04-29 22:01:38
Question Merge & Cut do not produce VCD/SVCD/DVD compliant output Chris 1 2004-04-29 21:30:22
Question VirtualDub Goodfella's 724 3 2004-04-29 05:19:14
Question No audio from AVI jimsocal 4 2004-05-15 04:35:42
Request Add TMPGEnc systray minimization MonDar 0 2004-04-27 19:01:44
Question 16/9 VIDEOS not compressed in the same ratio. gio 1 2004-04-27 16:09:01
Question Long DVDs bobdore 3 2004-04-27 08:45:41
Question Convert 352x576 MPEG-2 to 720x576 MPEG-2? Jan 6 2004-04-28 11:01:46

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 68 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - HOW TO REGISTAR ON NEW COMPUTER No.41596
CELTIC YOB  2004-04-30 23:38:04 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please CAN SOMEONE HELP

I have just bought a new computer. Installed tmpgenc, copy and pasted my registration number in, but to no avail it says wrong number.
I still have a printed copy of the letter sent when I registard, probably tried to get the nuber in about 40 times now.
I registard about two years ago, anyone got any idea what I need to do?

Dvd author went in ok no problems.

thanks in advance for any help.

Ralph.

ashy  2004-05-01 13:51:49 ( ID:qo5icwmjukn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Probably because your registration will no longer work in the new version because it has been blacklisted.
You will either have to find the version you had originaly or contact Pegasys for a replacment.

CELTIC YOB  2004-05-01 21:01:31 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply.

Could you elaborate on being blacklisted?
it's not a pirate copy I registered it about two years ago.
I also have a registered copy of dvd author, that went in ok

I tried an old version as you suggested. But, the same thing wrong registration number, you don't really need this when you have to reinstall every thing from scratch.

Thanks
Ralph.

ashy  2004-05-01 22:57:26 ( ID:qo5icwmjukn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you using the same version of TMPG you had when you first registered?

B_Racer  2004-05-02 23:50:45 ( ID:jrnhxvjhlek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@CELTIC YOB
Some of the registration numbers provided on the internet are blocked now, that's what "blacklist" means.
And there are a couple of "right" Codes on the List because they where provided on the Net too.
If you have a purchased Registration Code and you are doing only legal things, mail to Pegasys directly, they will help you on your registration.

Question - Support for Dual Xeon? No.41595
CharlesW  2004-04-30 13:08:32 ( ID:nurab62xduj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On my Dual Xeon system, TMPG sees only 2 logical processors instead of 4. Also, when encoding it is only able to load the system to 50% utilization.

Is there any update or revision that correctly supports Dual Xeon (hyperthreading for 2 physical cpu's) ?

Thank you,
Charles W.

Question - sub problems.... black line?! No.41593
nick  2004-04-30 11:32:03 ( ID:5iq10kudfxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem!

I'm about to convert a movie in TMPGEnc, from avi to SVCD with subtitles. When that's finished I burn the movie to an DVD. But the problem ouccure when I watch the movie in my DVD-player. The movie have been "pushed up" so I can only use 2/3 of my televison.

I've found out that this only happends when I have subtitles. Not when there's only the movie, without subtitles.

Is there any way you can "cut of" the black line in TMPGEnc??

ashy  2004-04-30 21:06:18 ( ID:qo5icwmjukn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Two things here.

Why are you creating SVCD if you are burning to DVD?
Why don't you just make the subs selectable by authoring them with your DVD program rather than hard encoding them?

Question - Newbie Question - Why does all avi files I have play very slowly ? No.41589
somatik  2004-04-30 07:08:19 ( ID:1lwymumiq8c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I normally download movie files using emule and bitorrent.

I also have the klite codec pack.

Despite all this, all the avi files I play are all choppy and play very slowly.

I am newbie, so any help on this very much appreciated.

bobdore  2004-04-30 07:52:31 ( ID:mdk/tytfsog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's the spec of the PC and AVIs?

Bob.

ashy  2004-04-30 21:02:05 ( ID:qo5icwmjukn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As above but also:
>I also have the klite codec pack.

= bad.

Sonatine  2004-06-09 20:21:12 ( ID:ftjywykmyim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I also have the same problems as you and using k-lite codecs. I believe that we both need a larger CPU like a 1.6gig P4 or better to play AVI's properly. It wasdoing this even before I installed TMPNGEnc and k-Lite codecs. Since converting .avi to MPEG the choppiness stopped. MPEGS play fine. That's because AVI's play at @ 1.3 fps and MPEG plays at @ 29 fps. What CPU do you have? Believe it or not I use a P233mmx! It takes foreever to encode AVI's to MPEG's but k-lite's Classic Media Player works great on the converted AVI's to MPEG's. Except for the extremely slow performance(1% per hour!), I also have a problem of converting a 26 min. AVI to MPEG and it says it goes over the CD-R limit of 80 minutes! Please, please if you have received answers to any of your or my problems, contact me at sonatine@cfl.rr.com. I appreciate yor help.

Regards,
Steven

>I normally download movie files using emule and bitorrent.
>
>I also have the klite codec pack.
>
>Despite all this, all the avi files I play are all choppy and play very slowly.
>
>I am newbie, so any help on this very much appreciated.

Question - MPEG TOOL No.41588
le gouli  2004-04-29 22:01:38 ( ID:yfjoftmzmn. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When using TMPGEnc for merging/cuting mpeg2 files ,if i try to edit the files i got an error message :"Floating decimal point is divided by 0".
I cannot use the edit function.
Anybody to help me.
Thanks

Le Gouli

Question - Merge & Cut do not produce VCD/SVCD/DVD compliant output No.41586
Chris  2004-04-29 19:34:59 ( ID:z9vtovsxrif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the past, I have joined multiple VCD-compliant MPEG files using TMPGEnc, but the result was never VCD-compliant, so I had to re-encode the joined output file _again_ before I could put it onto a VCD. This is very inconvenient, time-consuming, and I presume it degrades the AV quality also.

Has this been fixed in a recent revision of the program, and if not, would you add it to your todo list? Thanks.

ashy  2004-04-29 21:30:22 ( ID:kj8fw2radfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This has been a bug in TMPG's muxer for as long as I can remember.
It doesn't create 100% VCD compliant files however most if not all DVD players shouldn't have a problem with it, so what problem do you have.

If you need to create 100% VCD compliant files then just re-mux using the muxer that comes with the Phillips VCD2.0 toolkit. It's muxer is 100% compliant.

Question - VirtualDub No.41582
Goodfella's 724  2004-04-28 04:09:22 ( ID:it1zikmbxx2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, I was wondering if you can use virtual dub to take an .AVI video file and match it up with its .wav sound file?? Ashy had made a comment on suprnova to me, which by the way was nice of him, but i couldnt find out how to do what he was telling me. Can someone explain?

ashy  2004-04-28 07:38:03 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, start up Virtualdub and load your AVI.
Next click 'Audio' from the options then select 'Wav audio' from the menu and load your wav.

Click 'Audio' again and then 'Interleaving'. Here you will see 'Audio Skew Correction'

This works in millseconds, so if your audio is behind by say 1 second, then to advance it put in a negative value of -1000 ms. If it's behind by 1 second then to delay it put in a positive value of 1000 ms.
'Ok' it and check the sync by clicking the second playback button in the main window.
It's usually best to reduce the first windows size to minimum by right clicking it and reduce the size of the second window also if it's too large. This will make things play back more smoothly.

Once you have found a value that works from beginning to end you can then either use that value in the 'Audio gap correct' in the 'Source range' function of TMPG or you can simply save the wav and use that as the new audio source for TMPG.

ashy  2004-04-28 07:46:35 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If it's behind by 1 second then to delay it put in a positive value of 1000 ms.
Correction, this line should read:
If it's ahead by 1 second then to delay it put in a positive value of 1000 ms.

Sorry.

Goodfella's 724  2004-04-29 05:19:14 ( ID:it1zikmbxx2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank You very much for your help!!!

Question - No audio from AVI No.41577
jimsocal  2004-04-27 19:24:48 ( ID:hlmvpkr4bbw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have been converting some XVID's posted on usenet from AVI to MPEG using TMPGEnc and I have done 6 now with no problems. I have downloaded FFDSHOW to make it work, and have used TOOLame for the audio conversion. It has worked fine every time.

All of a sudden this time I get no audio. The AVI has audio but it's a little low. When I run it through Gspot it says "ac3 (0x2000) "Dolby Laboratories, Inc". But when I run the resulting MPEG through Gspot is says under audio (under the DirectShow render information): Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder-->Morgan Stream Switcher and "Rendered successfully". Yet the MPEG has no audio on my computer (using WMP to play it) nor when burned and played on my dvd player.

Again, this has not happened with any of the other MPEG's I've come up with using the same settings on TMPGEnc.

I tried one conversion using TMPGEnc's default audio converter and I tried one using the TOOLame converter, both ending up wih no audible sound, although the video plays fine as always.

ashy  2004-04-27 20:46:24 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you got the AC3ACM decompressor installed? Without it TMPG won't decode AC3.

TMPG can't use the Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder.
You can check for audio under in the advanced audio controls. Just click the audio EDIT button. If u don't hear audio then u won't get any in output. In that case try raising the priority of the "AVI VFW Compatibility Reader" to top of the list.

Max  2004-05-03 22:56:08 ( ID:wixnmdd0vno )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Hi,
>I have been converting some XVID's posted on usenet from AVI to MPEG using TMPGEnc and I have done 6 now with no problems. I have downloaded FFDSHOW to make it work, and have used TOOLame for the audio conversion. It has worked fine every time.
>
>All of a sudden this time I get no audio. The AVI has audio but it's a little low. When I run it through Gspot it says "ac3 (0x2000) "Dolby Laboratories, Inc". But when I run the resulting MPEG through Gspot is says under audio (under the DirectShow render information): Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder-->Morgan Stream Switcher and "Rendered successfully". Yet the MPEG has no audio on my computer (using WMP to play it) nor when burned and played on my dvd player.
>
>Again, this has not happened with any of the other MPEG's I've come up with using the same settings on TMPGEnc.
>
>I tried one conversion using TMPGEnc's default audio converter and I tried one using the TOOLame converter, both ending up wih no audible sound, although the video plays fine as always.

ashy  2004-05-04 19:48:42 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And????????????

yang  2004-05-15 04:35:42 ( ID:d6vonff9avn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>>Hi,
>>I have been converting some XVID's posted on usenet from AVI to MPEG using TMPGEnc and I have done 6 now with no problems. I have downloaded FFDSHOW to make it work, and have used TOOLame for the audio conversion. It has worked fine every time.
>>
>>All of a sudden this time I get no audio. The AVI has audio but it's a little low. When I run it through Gspot it says "ac3 (0x2000) "Dolby Laboratories, Inc". But when I run the resulting MPEG through Gspot is says under audio (under the DirectShow render information): Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder-->Morgan Stream Switcher and "Rendered successfully". Yet the MPEG has no audio on my computer (using WMP to play it) nor when burned and played on my dvd player.
>>
>>Again, this has not happened with any of the other MPEG's I've come up with using the same settings on TMPGEnc.
>>
>>I tried one conversion using TMPGEnc's default audio converter and I tried one using the TOOLame converter, both ending up wih no audible sound, although the video plays fine as always.

Request - Add TMPGEnc systray minimization No.41576
MonDar  2004-04-27 19:01:44 ( ID:efjyglrlju6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What about adding TMPGEnc systray minimization?.
It would be very usefull when performing long time lasting tasks.

Question - 16/9 VIDEOS not compressed in the same ratio. No.41574
gio  2004-04-27 09:49:01 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried to compress in MPEG1 from 16/9 DV native format (720x576 at 1.422 ratio pixel) but I always see in 4/3 (with Media Player) with a geometrical distortion (vertical crushing).
I've tried "clip frame" setting cropping 72 lines over and 72 lines under the image with no results.

What are the right settings?

thanks

Giò

ashy  2004-04-27 16:09:01 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Source aspect ratio: 16:9 display
Video arrange method: Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio)

Output ratio: 4:3 NTSC or PAL
Resolution: 720x576

Check the preview File>preview
If everything looks OK you are set to go.

Question - Long DVDs No.41570
bobdore  2004-04-26 23:56:51 ( ID:knko8etqfhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Looking at some DVDs this evening I noticed a number of compilations are 200 minutes long. Looking at the files they are under 4.5GB in total. The picture quality seems excellent. To make matters worse, the audio is all LPCM, significantly larger than MP2.

By my calculations that would be a bitrate averaging less than 2700KB/S. How do you get the picture quality at 720x576 that good? If I try to make an MPEG that long under 4.5GB the video is going to lose a lot of definition.

How's it done?

Thanks,

Bob.

David  2004-04-27 00:52:36 ( ID:brbif5mcn.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The pros use $10,000 - $100,000+ mpeg-2 encoders. They also tweak the GOPs specific to the scene or clip.

While us consumers use a $50 piece of software, with general GOP and matrix settings.

ashy  2004-04-27 06:33:20 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cinema craft encoder.

B_Racer  2004-04-27 08:45:41 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or TMPGEnc with MVBR and manual settings and GOP-Tweaks. ;)

Question - Convert 352x576 MPEG-2 to 720x576 MPEG-2? No.41563
Jan  2004-04-26 20:21:20 ( ID:1lhdqdqrtjk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some MPEG-2 recordings from my DVD recorder with resolution 352x576. I want to convert them into 720x576 but when I try to open the files in TMPEG, it says "File [file].mpg can not open, or unsupported." Can the free TMPEG not convert MPEG-2 to MPEG-2?

ashy  2004-04-26 23:01:37 ( ID:34bycds9tdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you want to convert them to 720x576?
If you intend to put these MPEG2 files on DVD then you probably don't need to re-encode them.
352x576 is a valid DVD compliant resolution as long as the output is 4:3 which is more than likely seeing as your DVD recorder made them, however most DVD players won't have a problem with 16:9 output either.

Re-encoding to 720x576 will simply be a waste of time, quality and quite likely create a bigger file size.

I can answer your original question, but I don't think it is really necessary, just simply author the MPEG as it is.

Sakuya  2004-04-26 23:53:25 ( ID:yjvzugeaiog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The free TMPGEnc can only encode to MPEG-2 for a trial of 30 days I think. But the TMPGEnc Plus can accept MPEG-2 as input and output to MPEG-2 as long as you have the MPEG-2 plugin.

Jan  2004-04-27 10:53:30 ( ID:ii2hshalurg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to master my dvd with Adobe Encore DVD which will only accept 720x576 for PAL 4:3. I installed the free edition of TMPEG yesterday so it should still be able to work but I will not accept this file.

Strangely enough, I'm not even able to open the MPEG fil in VirtualDUB. It says that it detects no frames. But the file plays fine in Windows Media Player and WinDVD.

Does anyone have a clue why I can't open this file in TMPEG?

ashy  2004-04-27 16:02:52 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you want to use adobe? What kind of DVD authoring program is this that doesn't accept perfectly compliant Mpeg2 files anyway? You can trick this program into accepting the file by using DVDpatcher http://mitglied.lycos.de/dvdpatcher/
Just load the file and change the resolution to 720x576. After you have finished authoring the MPEG just run the patcher on the VOBS and change the resolution back to the origianl one.

If you don't want to go down this route and I can't really see a reason why anyone wouldn't then you will need to install a TMPG compatible MPEG2 codec or use TMPG plus.
You can find the codec you need here: http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

Virtualdub will not open MPEG2 files unless you have the modified versions such as Virtualdubmod.

Jan  2004-04-28 10:10:46 ( ID:ii2hshalurg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Adobe DVD Encore didn't want to work with the modified files. I will try to find a different dvd authoring program, maybe Sonic DVD Producer will work.

Can anyone recommend a professional (not a regular consumer program that can only do few things) like Adobe's?

ashy  2004-04-28 11:01:46 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depends on the level of authoring you want to do.
I use DVDlab which practically does anything though it does have one or two limitations.
DVDmaestro is pretty good, but for total DVD compliance theres only Scenarist.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.