TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 72 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Framerates Sakuya 1 2004-04-09 05:13:46
Question mpeg2 conversion eliz_martin 1 2004-04-08 19:15:25
Question can't open a avi file pons 11 2004-04-17 13:10:16
Question MAKING A TEMPLATE celtic yob 1 2004-04-07 21:35:45
Question Fram Rate Help me 8 2004-04-20 06:30:41
Question Demultiplex always outputs a mono mp2 audio file PhilK 0 2004-04-05 14:41:47
Question encoding mpeg files Tomo 1 2004-04-05 20:54:51
Question Open Sequence Files Sakuya 13 2004-04-20 04:25:19
Question Plugins Ken 1 2004-04-06 00:27:49
Question XP keeps rebooting during conversion SamVideo 2 2004-04-11 04:08:59
Question Opening Files radiotaku 1 2004-04-05 01:12:00
Question Empty frames bobdore 0 2004-04-04 22:10:25

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 72 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Framerates No.41429
Sakuya  2004-04-08 07:35:39 ( ID:ism9lmcfc9j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is weird. In TMPGEnc Plus, I opened my AVI file which is 23,976fps. I set it as that in the Settings menu. But in the Source Range, at the top it says 30fps and the frame numbers are all wrong. Why is it always 30fps? I can't change it.

Sakuya  2004-04-09 05:13:46 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have another problem that might relate to frame rates. My source AVI is this:

Codec: XviD
Size: 640x360
FPS: 23.976

I got that from GSpot. Well, I am creating a DVD so I converted it to:

Size: 720x480
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Display
Frame rate: 23.976fps (internally 29.97 fps)
Encode Mode: 3:2 Pulldown when playback

But, the outputted MPEG-2 has some panning problems. The panning does not move smoothly. This is really noticeable in the fast panning scenes. However, in the normal scenes of the characters, it's not noticeable at all. Why is this?

The reason I set it at 23.976fps (internally 29.97) and 3:2 pulldown when playback is because in the tutorial I followed, they say that if the source is 23.976, then to use those settings. Here is the tutorial I used:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186739&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Question - mpeg2 conversion No.41427
eliz_martin  2004-04-07 21:44:55 ( ID:famdhaqjwpw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello All,

I don't have this software yet, but I'd like to know if it's possible to convert an mpeg2 file to an mpeg2 file with an 8.2 max bit rate? Can anybody tell me if this is possible and what if any other things I'd need to do other than pick up this software?

Thanks!

Elizabeth

ashy  2004-04-08 19:15:25 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes it's possible.

Question - can't open a avi file No.41415
pons  2004-04-07 20:06:33 ( ID:0v38fp4fqco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know I'll get flamed now, but here it is. A friend has send me a avi movie with the instructions to d/l tmpgenc to convert it to mpeg. I can't make it work.
When choosing the source file I get a message that it can not open it, or unsupported.
Movie is from some source on the internet, not a digital camera. I searched the forum and I found something about rising priority to 2 for direct show multimedia file reader. I can get there but, how do I change the priority?
If I'm the millionth guy asking the same question, my apologies, but I couldn't find a answer using search.
Thank you in advance
sebastian pons

ashy  2004-04-07 21:40:52 ( ID:rwc631bq/m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Right first I;m gonna flame you cuz you deserve it for not searching hard enough. I must have answered this question a hundred times myself alone.
Anyway....flame...flame....flame.

Ok just download the latest FFDSHOW from here http://athos.leffe.dnsalias.com/ffdshow-20040405.exe then install it.

Open TMPG then in the VFAPI plugins right click on the 'directshow file reader' and raise it to 2. Do this by right clicking the actual name. each time you do this it will raise by 1.

Now load your AVI.

pons  2004-04-07 22:23:40 ( ID:0v38fp4fqco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I consider myself flamed.
Many thanks for your help. It did the trick!
sebastian pons

dave e  2004-04-10 11:07:20 ( ID:horc1ts4fkg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Open TMPG then in the VFAPI plugins right click on the 'directshow file reader' and raise it to 2. Do this by right clicking the actual name. each time you do this it will raise by 1.

Call me STTOOPPID but Ive downloaded the above, opened TMPG but where is the the VFAPI plugins that I need to right click in?

dave e  2004-04-10 11:19:55 ( ID:horc1ts4fkg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok - I,m stoopid.

Just found it but have increased the number (and priority) but I still cant open the .avi file.

Some .avi files on my pc open but some dont. I get unable to open unsupported file type from WMP.

What the hell am I doing wrong????

pons  2004-04-15 14:15:10 ( ID:0v38fp4fqco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, it's me again with the same problem. Different file this time, but same message: "can't open or unsupported" I already have "direct show multimedia
file reader" upped to 2. I noticed that WMP v.9 can't open the file.
I tried to identify what kind of file it is and is a AVI file , but using GSPOT to refine the search,I got a black box warning and informing that the file that made direct show to crash was a faulty " C:windowssystem32Lame ACM.acm"

Does it make any sense? Is there anything I can do?
Thank you again
sebastian pons

Jim  2004-04-15 14:42:43 ( ID:qde7mo8tfwn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This Ashy person is a real prick/bitch. Didn't search enough, lol, I forgot he/she was standing over my shoulder when I searched, what a loser.

ashy  2004-04-15 20:56:04 ( ID:crvypwl1irh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ahh little Jimmy is upset cuz he's lost his dummy... oh didums. Now go play with your dolly little boy I don't have time for your imature foolishness.

The ACM refers to the Windows Audio Compression Manager, so it seems there may be a problem with your audio.
Could be a codec problem.
Try loading the AVI into Virtual dub and see what information it gives you and if possible demux the AVI.

pons  2004-04-16 12:03:01 ( ID:0v38fp4fqco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

to Ashy hi there.
First of all thank you for your patience IN helping me.
You probably have noticed that I'm completely green here, frankly I don't have a clue but I'm willing to learn. That said, I have to admit that I get lost searching this forum with the many questions and answers, and when I find something that it looks like it answers my question...I get lost!
And to our question. I did as you advised and I loaded the file into VDUB, but not having a clue of what "demux" is, (I looked at all the tabs and I couldn't find it, besides to me it sounds like what you'd do to a cat's hair :-)...)
So I choose to save as AVI option. That it did. I proceeded to fire up TMPGEnc with the new AVI and it didn't crash! but it got to only 12% and stopped with the message:
"index in scanline is out of range (240)"

Does it tell you anything? Anything I could do?

Thank you again
sebastian pons

ashy  2004-04-16 16:39:53 ( ID:crvypwl1irh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Th error "index in scanline is out of range (240)" is usually common to corrupt AVI's.
It seems strange though that you recieved the error after processing with Virtualdub.

Demux means seperate the Video and audio streams.
To do this in Virtauldub you need to first select audio tab and then select full processing next click comprssion and set it to PCM. Then select 'save wav' under 'File'.

After that has finished select the Video tab then select 'Direct stream copy'
then click the Audio tab and select 'No audio' and next click 'Save as AVI'

Now load the both parts into TMPG as seperate streams.

If you still get the same problem try frame serving with Virtualdub to TMPG.
You can find how to do this by doing a search here. If you get stuck let me know.

pons  2004-04-17 11:09:19 ( ID:0v38fp4fqco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you again for your help. Separating the audio from the video did the trick. You are a prince!! :-)

sebastian pons

ashy  2004-04-17 13:10:16 ( ID:crvypwl1irh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No prob. Glad to help.

Question - MAKING A TEMPLATE No.41413
celtic yob  2004-04-07 18:53:47 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Friends
can anyone help, besides video I also make slide still slide shows using memories on tv and they have just brought out a new version that supports 16.9 wide screen.
I use TMPGEnc to encode the show thing is I need to make a mcf template prior to encoding to ensure TMPGEnc is set up correctly how do I go about this?
I did try to save in the advance dialog box, it said template, but I can't find it later to load into memories on tv.
Thanks for any help
Ralph

ashy  2004-04-07 21:35:45 ( ID:rwc631bq/m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just set up the template then click the 'Save' button in the main window.
Choose where you want to save it (default is usually the template folder) then give it a name.
When you want to load it just click load then navigate to the folder you save it in.

Question - Fram Rate No.41404
Help me  2004-04-05 22:23:06 ( ID:a6hyap1bbm6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Newbie question so forgive my ignorance :)

I have an AVI file that has a frame rate of 23fps, i want to encode this to DVD, although i live in Europe and PAL is set to 25fps my DVD player will play NTSC, what is it best to encode to and why ?

Thanks

B_Racer  2004-04-06 08:48:59 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I hope, the Frame Rate is 23.976. If so, encode it with this Framerate as NTSC and all will be perfect.

You just have to take care to choose the right settings in TMPGEnc:
Frame rate: 23.976 (internally 29.97)
Encode mode: 3:2 Pulldown when playback

lillgreenmaster  2004-04-06 13:50:12 ( ID:7inxw0tmswk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

those settings for converting 23.97 fps are wrong, every movie that i have encoded so i can watch on my stand alone player are jerky as hell, even during playback on pc, the original avi source is fine, what i dont get is all these people trying to give advice on different ways to fix this prob, if no-one knows the answer to the probs that people are trying to fix, then please dont say nothing, im reading responses from people saying to do this and do that, when they have stated they have never converted a movie to use later on with a dvd author program, c'mon people lets have some serious responses.

B_Racer  2004-04-06 16:14:50 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's nonsens. 23.976 is the Framerate, NTSC-DVDs are using (if they are proppery mastered from Film-Source).
Most of my NTSC-DVDs and SVCDs are encoded with 23.976 fps, and they are playing smooth. Important is the 3:2-Pulldownflag, which is only be correct with the settings i posted.

ashy  2004-04-06 17:49:11 ( ID:rwc631bq/m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@lillgreenmaster

B_racer is absolutely correct.
You must add 2:3 pulldown to a 23.976 fps movie to make it DVD compatible or are you trying to say that every NTSC DVD movie produced by hollywood has been wrongly made?
Almost every NTSC DVD movie uses 2:3 pulldown.

You are blaming others for your mistakes and inability.
My guess is you are selecting the wrong option.

There are 2 ways to add 2:3 pulldown to an MPEG2 file.
Either using the method which B-racer has outlined with TMPG or by using PULLDOWN.EXE on an MPEG that has been encoded as progressive at 23.976 fps.

It it likely you are selecting the '3:2 pulldown' option under the 'Advanced' tab. This is wrong.

The correct 3:2 pulldown option is found under the 'VIDEO' tab where it says 'Encode mode'
From the drop down menu you can select '3:2 pulldown when playback' and the frame rate must be set as '23.976 fps(internally 29.97 fps)'

2:3 pulldown will only work on MPEG2 files that have progressive frames at 23.976 fps.

Help Me  2004-04-06 21:48:02 ( ID:a6hyap1bbm6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Guys

Thanks for the advice, one further issue that i have never come across before, the output according to TMPG will be over 8 gig from a 650mb AVI !!! any ideas on this ?

Thanks

David  2004-04-07 04:35:44 ( ID:/xaewswq1l. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your avi file is compressed with a mpeg-4 codec, either Divx or Xvid.

TMPGEnc encodes in MPEG-1 and MPEG-2.

MPEG-4 requires about 1/4 the bitrate of MPEG-2.

If you want a 650MB file, find out the video and audio bitrate of your avi file and use that for the bitrate setting in TMPGEnc, but the results will look horrible because you are now using MPEG-2 which requires a much higher bitrate. You will have to split your movie over 2 cds or use a very low bitrate.

Refer to www.dvdrhelp.com They have many guides to help newbies understand the basics of video encoding.

Here is a common misunderstanding people have.
"A MPEG is always smaller than an AVI"

This is not true. People fail to realize that avi is not a compression format, it is a container. A codec compresses the video stream and then it is packaged into the avi container. If you use the Xvid or Divx codec then you have a tiny file. If you use DV then you have a large file. If you use HuffYUV then you have a very large file. If you use a RAW or uncompressed stream then you have a humongous file.

YANGJUN  Home )  2004-04-11 12:41:21 ( ID:.6lo2fjioto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if the avi resolution is ***X240 ***X480 NTSC~

lillgreenmaster  2004-04-20 06:30:41 ( ID:f0c/yjkrycw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i have tried to encode my 23.97fps movies just like you guys have suggested, im sure its working fine for you all but no matter what i do they start getting jumpy every 10 seconds or so, im at a loss of how to fix this prob, these movies are downloaded so i cant get it at a different fps like some people tell you to do, i have no say on the fps when you download them, please can someone shed more light on this issue.

Question - Demultiplex always outputs a mono mp2 audio file No.41403
PhilK  2004-04-05 14:41:47 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a PAL VCD compliant MPG file that I want to be able to edit the sound.

So I demultiplex it to an mp2 file, and the loaded it up in either Audacity or GoldWave, both packages say that the left channel is correct, and the right channel is empty!

Is there something wrong with the mp2 demultiplexing, or am I doing something wrong?

I tried it with both "Simple Demultiplex" and "Demultiplex" and got exactly the same result. This is with TMPGEnc 2.521.

Question - encoding mpeg files No.41401
Tomo  2004-04-05 13:22:01 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does tmpg support the encoding of mpeg files yet...like svcd...or is there a plug in to be had.

insert svcd file....not supported...comes up on all svcd files.

David  2004-04-05 20:54:51 ( ID:/xaewswq1l. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The newer versions of TMPGEnc have a built in MPEG 1/2 decoder called CRI Sofdec. If you are having problems go into the environmental settings and raise the priority.

If you are still having problems demultiplex the SVCD and try to open the elementary MPEG stream.

Question - Open Sequence Files No.41387
Sakuya  2004-04-05 07:06:39 ( ID:x1ivsnjxbpa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering how the "Open sequence files as a movie" works? Can you please tell me step-by-step? I have 2 files named respectively:

amgpart1.avi
amgpart2.avi

If I check off that option, which file do I select for "Browse"? And when it finishes converting that part 1, will it automatically go on to part 2 even though I haven't selected it??

ashy  2004-04-06 00:26:42 ( ID:rwc631bq/m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would number your files like this amgpart001.avi, amgpart002.avi and so on then just open the first part and TMPG will do the rest.

Sakuya  2004-04-12 04:56:20 ( ID:lzt2hooc9jk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know why but the end result is a bit weird. Since my computer does not support playing an M2V and AC3 files together, I have to test it on my DVD player. So after I burned it, at the point where it joins, the DVD stops working. It just stops playing. Should I try converting the video segments separately, then join them in MPEG Tools? :( Or maybe the video is corrupt? It doesn't seem likely because the entire film looks ok to me.

ashy  2004-04-12 15:34:44 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean your computer doesn't support playing AC3 and M2V files together?

All you need is the right codecs.
For Ac3 you will need AC3FILTER : http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/
For M2V you need an MPEG2 codec : the LIGOS one will do :
http://download.divxmovies.com/mpeg2codec_installer.zip or simply use Videolan player which will play almost any format.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

ashy  2004-04-12 15:40:58 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

P.S. if you have any more codec problems don't go installing any crazy codec packs, these things WILL trash your system just go to the link below.
http://dshow.narod.ru/codec.htm

Sakuya  2004-04-12 21:20:39 ( ID:yjvzugeaiog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the right codecs to play them separately. But since they're separate streams, how do I play them together? TMPGEnc does not support AC3 and Virtualdub won't take in M2V.

Also, about the DVD stopping at the point in the joined M2V file where the second segment starts. Is it because the lengths of the AC3 and M2V don't match? The length says 01:46:25 (HH:MM:SS) for audio and video in Virtualdub. When I open the M2V in an MPEG editing program (MPEG2VCR) it says it is 01:46:18. When I try to cut the M2V to make the length 01:45:35 in that program, the output becomes 01:44:41 or something like that. The output never matches. I don't understand what can be wrong here.

I also tried converting the 2 separate AVI segments in TMPGEnc Plus separately. After joining the 2 M2V files using MPEG Tools Merge & Cut, it gets the same effect where the length is 01:46:18.

Sakuya  2004-04-12 21:49:41 ( ID:yjvzugeaiog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, I downloaded my AVI on another computer. On that computer, I have a bunch of codecs and the file plays well in VDub. But when I transferred it to my computer, I only have the Xvid codec installed as well as ffdshow, in VDub, it shows a lot of color glitches at the bottom. I know it's the codec problem because when I convert in TMPGEnc, the glitches aren't there. How do I remove the glitches so I can join it in Virtualdub and then frameserve to TMPGEnc? Another forum user said that they did that and it worked but I can't do that since the glitches will frameserve into TMPGEnc as well. :(

ashy  2004-04-12 23:40:33 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't use the XVID codec. Uninstall it and use FFVFW. Virtualdub needs a VFW codec. You can download FFVFW from the same place as FFDSHOW.
After install make sure you configure FFVFW to decode XVID AVI's.

As for opening M2V and AC3 in Virtualdub you need VirtualdubMod. However you will need to install the AC3ACM decompressor first to decode AC3.

http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/

Sakuya  2004-04-13 04:18:20 ( ID:lzt2hooc9jk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I uninstalled the XviD codec and then installed FFVFW, everything crashes. When I try to load my movie in WMP Classic, it closes. In Vdub, it says:

VideoSourceAVI error: An unknown error occurred (maybe corrupt data) (error code -100)

And then when I try to quit VDub, a crash message comes up saying VDub has crashed. Do I have to deselect XviD in FFDSHOW? Also, for Decoder in FFVFW, I checked only XVID. Under Generic, XVID is not checked.

Sakuya  2004-04-13 04:24:49 ( ID:lzt2hooc9jk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, I downloaded a newer version of FFVFW and the crashes have disappeared. The movie AVI plays fine in WMP Classic but in VDub, it acts weird. When I only use the scroller, the video shows up fine. But when I click Play, the colors turn neon and unusual.

ashy  2004-04-13 16:47:34 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Click the second play button in Virtualdub not the first.

Sakuya  2004-04-18 20:57:28 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I merged them and saved as an AVI using VIrtualdub. WHen I converted that merged AVI, the result is the same. In the DVD, it stops at the area where part 1 ends. Why is this?

ashy  2004-04-19 20:19:31 ( ID:xaky0um6ad2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are you using to author the DVD?
Does the MPEG play OK on your PC?

Sakuya  2004-04-20 04:25:19 ( ID:nf3yadeqqlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using DVD Author GUI. Since it has a subtitle stream, TMPGEnc DVD Authoring wouldn't work for me. On the PC, it plays fine. However, the video and AC3 streams are separate. I didn't bother merging them because DVD Author GUI accepts them separately, not MPG.

Question - Plugins No.41385
Ken  2004-04-05 06:32:21 ( ID:9cy6w7pzhnc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you install a plugin. I have installed codecs in my system including the divx codecs both encoding and decoding, but they don't show up on the selection for conversion to AVI?

ashy  2004-04-06 00:27:49 ( ID:rwc631bq/m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They aren't listed individually they are listed as Directshow plugins.

Question - XP keeps rebooting during conversion No.41382
SamVideo  2004-04-05 02:48:08 ( ID:z4yecybbkwa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I try to decode/encode a long video file my XP system reboots. It starts fine but within 10 minutes or so it reboots with no warning. I thought maybe someone else had the same problem with hopefully a solution.

I'm figuring it's either some bad codecs or something running in the background. I have it down to just my HP DVD Writer helpers, Mouse stuff, and Nvidia stuff. I'll try to kill those and see if it's any better.
1. I've done a virus scan and checked for trojans.
2. It seems to happen no matter which video software I use!
3. Everything else on my system works fine, and for as long as I want.
4. I can play the videos fine, for as long as I want.
5. My system only reboots when trying to decode/encode video.

Kinda strange.
Any help appreciated..............Sam

bobdore  2004-04-05 22:14:34 ( ID:vbktybzctxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds like a CPU/memory problem. I've had something very similar. A couple of programs to download and try:

memtest-86 will test your memory thoroughly. Long video processing uses quite a bit of memory.

prime95 will test your whole system thoroughly. Make sure you have closed everything else down before prime95 because if your PC has a problem encoding video it will almost certainly crash, freeze or reboot with prime95. A healthy PC should be able to run it, but there are numerous reasons why it won't such as inadequate PSU, not quite compatible memory, PC running a little too hot are examples. Some games, internet access, word processing etc will not cause a problem even though there is one lurking in the background.

Do you know what motherboard/CPU/memory combination you have?

Bob.

SamVideo  2004-04-11 04:08:59 ( ID:z4yecybbkwa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, in an attemp to fix the rebooting while converting videos, I burned what I think now is the wrong bios to my motherboard. Oops! It was toast. So I decided to upgrade to a new motherboard (MSI K7N2-L) and while I was at it I picked up a 450W power supply.

Now I can convert videos all day long with no problems. I think my former power supply (300W) just wasn't powerful enough. Either that or I had a quirky motherboard. In any case it all works now. It certainly wasn't the software.

Moral: You can fix anything if you throw enough time, effort, and money at it!

Question - Opening Files No.41380
radiotaku  2004-04-05 00:20:05 ( ID:zswl2pempvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've played with both TMPGenc and the DVD Source Creator software downloaded from the Pegasys site. I thought that DVD Source Creator was simply a dumbed down version of TMPGenc 2.5 but it seems to be a separaate program.
I have found that some avi files just won't open in TMPenc, but DVD Source Creator doesn't have a problem with the exact same files and works perfectly.
Does anyone know why this might be? I'd think they both have access to the same codecs, etc. since it is on the same machine. Anything suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

radiotaku  2004-04-05 01:12:00 ( ID:zswl2pempvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dumb newbie!
If I'd searched the forum I would have found out about raising the priority of Direct Show files (Options -> VFAPI)
But I didn't...

Promise to save the forum to ask about less easily found answers.

Regards

Question - Empty frames No.41379
bobdore  2004-04-04 22:10:25 ( ID:vbktybzctxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not blaming any product for what it does and my apologies for going on about it, but I'm determined to derive a sensible solution to this without spending any more money which means no more buying new products to cover deficiencies in the ones I have already bought.

I have two questions which would help me if anyone knows the answers:

1) Can TMPGenc be configured to mask empty frames rather than ignoring them?

2) If not, is there a freeware product that will do so.

I can't leave the empty frames in the MPEG and avoid encoding it for two reasons. Firstly, I need to change the bitrate to get the finished MPEG to fit on a DVD and secondly any VOB encoding software will remove any empty frames and cause loss of audio sync.

Thanks,

Bob.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.