TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 80 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question AVI (DV type 2) captured by DVIO cannot be openeb by Tmpg 2.59 Ken 1 2004-03-02 19:33:04
Question Read error while encoding .avi video/seperate .wav audio shaggyd714 1 2004-03-02 19:40:28
Question Trouble with avi files toyota525 1 2004-03-02 04:56:27
Question Encoding slowed to a crawl Bill 0 2004-03-01 15:36:51
Question Encoding slowed to a crawl Bill 1 2004-03-01 18:29:51
Question Synching Audio And Video Files Properly Thag 10 2004-03-06 13:48:20
Question Nothing but errors Babymech 2 2004-03-01 18:38:15
Question TMPGEnc read errors tyla100 0 2004-02-29 08:38:07
Question mpeg cutting problem Darrell 3 2004-02-29 08:16:48
Question TMPGEnc with Adobe Encore MediaCrafter 2 2004-03-20 16:47:09
Question How do I delete tmpgenc Ted 1 2004-02-27 09:40:06
Question Can`t load P3Package.dll Melanie 1 2004-02-26 21:07:01

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 80 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - AVI (DV type 2) captured by DVIO cannot be openeb by Tmpg 2.59 No.41084
Ken  2004-03-02 11:20:06 ( ID:wr.uxtrv47r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I use DVIO to capture video (without any frame dropped) from my camcorder. It is DV type 2 AVI file. But Tmpg 2.59 cannot open it. The one, captured by Video capture from Media Studio Pro (with frame dropped), works fine with Tmpg. How can I make the one from DVIO work with Tmpg?
Thanks a lot.
Ken

ashy  2004-03-02 19:33:04 ( ID:9id7dwdyfvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' or the 'AVI(open DML) reader to 2.
Also you could try running it through Canopus file converter:
http://www.canopus.com/US/products/DV_file_converter/pm_dv_file_converter.asp

Question - Read error while encoding .avi video/seperate .wav audio No.41082
shaggyd714  2004-03-02 06:25:29 ( ID:rpek4/abx92 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Read error occured at address 00042F40 of module TMPGEnc.exe with 20656850"

Following a tutroial, I extracted AC3 audio with VirtualDub, converted it with AC3 Decoder to PCM .wav, then attempted to use TMPGEnc Plus to re-code them back together. I get error above.

Any ideas?

ashy  2004-03-02 19:40:28 ( ID:9id7dwdyfvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need to extract it to a wav first.
Just install the filter below and then load your AVI which contains Ac3 audio into TMPG.
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/index.html

Question - Trouble with avi files No.41080
toyota525  2004-03-02 03:33:54 ( ID:ra/1mspynn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems with avi files. When I load them in to the video source, all I get is the sound files. I am not able to load the file into the video source. What do I need to do to get it right?

mickyjuice  2004-03-02 04:56:27 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What do I need to do to get it right?

codecs

d/l 'g-spot' to determine what codec you need

Question - Encoding slowed to a crawl No.41079
Bill  2004-03-01 15:36:51 ( ID:vbfm8j6by5n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm 58% into a TMPGEnc Plus VBR encode to MPEG-2 and my PC (2.4 GHz Dell/656 MB memory) has almost crawled to a stop. The program is a 97 min self-contained file from Media 100. I aborted a previous attempt thinking the drive I was writing to was too full, but that is not the case now. When I bailed on the first go-around, the PC remained slow as molasses with nothing running until I rebooted. I'm not very PC savvy, so I'm hoping someone here can help. I've successfully encoded even longer programs with TMPGEnc, but at the current rate it could be weeks before this baby is born. I'm suspecting a memory management issue but I really don't have a clue.

Question - Encoding slowed to a crawl No.41077
Bill  2004-03-01 04:58:26 ( ID:vbfm8j6by5n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm 58% into a TMPGEnc Plus VBR encode to MPEG-2 and my PC (2.4 GHz Dell/656 MB memory) has almost crawled to a stop. The program is a 97 min self-contained file from Media 100. I aborted a previous attempt thinking the drive I was writing to was too full, but that is not the case now. When I bailed on the first go-around, the PC remained slow as molasses with nothing running until I rebooted. I'm not very PC savvy, so I'm hoping someone here can help. I've successfully encoded even longer programs with TMPGEnc, but at the current rate it could be weeks before this baby is born. I'm suspecting a memory management issue but I really don't have a clue.

ashy  2004-03-01 18:29:51 ( ID:9id7dwdyfvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is it an AVI?
Raise the priority of the 'directshow file reader' in the 'VFAPI plugins' to 2, see if that helps.

Question - Synching Audio And Video Files Properly No.41066
Thag  2004-02-29 20:36:30 ( ID:z.o.ly70zso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am not sure what exactly is screwed up, but I am having the common problem of trying to convert an .avi and the audio is read improperly. I have used an audio splitting program to make it into a separate file, but now I cant figure out how to synch the audio with the video. There IS a button to adjust the synch in TMPGEnc, but it doesnt actually play the video. So I cant be sure I'm matching up properly.
I've tried once and the movie came out looking like a Kung Fu movie.
How is this normally handled?

mickyjuice  2004-03-01 14:41:32 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>How is this normally handled?

have you tried converting the audio to wav?? tmpge doesnt like compressed audio

mickyjuice  2004-03-01 14:45:23 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

and also, is the original video in sync?

Rick  2004-03-03 22:22:59 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Constantly hearing about the audio sync problems and most of the "answers" only complicate the matter. Most audio sync problems are caused by VBR audio or an error in the video stream.

I NEVER have audio sync problems with my outputted files and here's why:

Just open the AVI in virtualdub ESPECIALLY if it has variable bitrate audio.
scan the video stream for errors. DELETE the error parts of the video and save the AVI with NO sound.

Then, extract the audio to an uncompressed WAV and use that wav as your audio input in tmpgenc.

Use the silent, error-free avi as your video input.

There ya go. no audio sync problems due to video stream errors or due to variable bitrate.

mickyjuice  2004-03-04 03:26:07 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Constantly hearing about the audio sync problems and most of the "answers" >only complicate the matter. Most audio sync problems are caused by VBR audio >or an error in the video stream.

>I NEVER have audio sync problems with my outputted files and here's why:

>Just open the AVI in virtualdub ESPECIALLY if it has variable bitrate audio.
>scan the video stream for errors. DELETE the error parts of the video and >save the AVI with NO sound.

>Then, extract the audio to an uncompressed WAV and use that wav as your audio >input in tmpgenc.

>Use the silent, error-free avi as your video input.

>There ya go. no audio sync problems due to video stream errors or due to >variable bitrate.

lol, other ppl complicate matters......ok

Thag  2004-03-04 11:32:12 ( ID:z.o.ly70zso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Just open the AVI in virtualdub ESPECIALLY if it has variable bitrate audio.
>scan the video stream for errors. DELETE the error parts of the video and save the AVI with NO sound.

What button(s) on Virtual Dub do you use for this?

ashy  2004-03-04 22:22:14 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think he means mask the bad frames not actually delete them.
However this may work in some cases, but not all.
Not all Sync problems are because of corrupt or dropped frames.

Some difficult A/V sync problems like drifting sync are a little more complicated, but can usually be corrected by matching the length of the Video with the audio.

Video sync-ing is NOT a simple matter and IS sometimes quite complicated and can be difficult to do especially if you haven't done it before, so while it may be OK for you to say it's not complicated this does depend on the person doing it.

mickyjuice  2004-03-05 11:43:13 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if urve downloaded the movie you most probably have corrupted frames if the sync is drifting out half way through the movie or whatever, you CANNOT (ive never been able to) mask these frames they must be cut out 'divfix' is prefect for this (google search for it)

and also 9 times outta 10 vbr audio must be converted to wav for tmpge to recognise it properly

if ur looking for a simple yet efective program to convert your audio to wav, download avi2vcd-google search it (dont use it to create vcds cause it sux) but it has a very useful audio decompressor included in the package you download (i swear by avi2vcd's audio decompressor, simple yet very very effective, easy to use)

ashy  2004-03-06 01:08:06 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>if urve downloaded the movie you most probably have corrupted frames if the sync is drifting out half way through the movie or whatever, you CANNOT (ive never been able to) mask these frames they must be cut out 'divfix' is prefect for this (google search for it)

What do you mean 'you CANNOT'?

Virtualdub will automatically mask any bad frames it finds when the file is scanned.
If it finds a corrupt frame it will simply replace that frame with a duplicate of the last good one then all you need to do is resave the AVI using the direct stream copy options.
I have done this on several occasions with AVI's including DIVX and never had a problem with it not working.

mickyjuice  2004-03-06 03:36:44 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What do you mean 'you CANNOT'?

i mean, whenever ive tried to mask because the file went outta sync, it wouldnt work, out of sync problem remained or drifted even more.(maybe i have a shit release of vdub)

ive only had luck with re-syncing by cutting bad frames out, which works a treat with 'divfix', seeing theres usually only a few frames corupted most of the time its not even that noticable when their cut.

ashy  2004-03-06 13:48:20 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sync issues are usually related to frames missing because they have some how become corrupted during the encoding process maybe because of a read error from the source such as dirt on a DVD.
The audio usually drifts after a glitch is encountered in the file. The easiest way is to just cut after the glitch and then resync the second part with Virtualdub and then join the 2 pieces back together.

Masking corrupt frames won't usually make any difference to the sync. It will still be out of sync.
As for DIVXfix I don't think it actually cuts any frames out as this WOULD desync the file. It simply unfreezes corrupt frames so the don't become async with the audio however this won't work where frames are missing or have been dropped.

Question - Nothing but errors No.41063
Babymech  2004-02-29 13:25:36 ( ID:x.rmf5quc.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using tmpgenc for a couple of days now, and I've been really happy with the program. Basically what I've been doing is separating AVI files into AVI and WAV with Virtualdub, encoding them into M2V and MP2, and then authoring in DVD-lab. Even though I'm a complete newbie to video editing and conversion, I've been doing fine, until now. Suddenly TMPGenc is giving me almost nothing but trouble. The avi+wav I'm trying to encode right now I've tried literally more than forty times. If I was getting the same error message, or error messages at the same places I'd assume there was something wrong with the video, but I get different errors every time (invalid pointer operations, disk write errors, sometimes no error message at all) and at different points in the encoding process. And, what's almost most infuriating of all, sometimes the encoding actually completes! So I know that it's possible to actually get the movies encoded, but I have to keep trying and trying and trying. The files I'm working on right now are small - the original AVIs are about 90 MB - but what should've taken about 20 minutes per file is actually taking several hours, and I have to be present all the time to restart the process. What has gone wrong? TMPGenc used to be such a reliable program, but now nothing is helping. I restart the program, I reboot the computer, I uninstall and reinstall - nothing helps! Please help me get back the reliable tmpgenc I used to know!

ashy  2004-03-01 18:34:56 ( ID:9id7dwdyfvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I take these are AVI's. Maybe using the XVID codec which is pretty unpredictable at the best of times with TMPG.

My advice is to download the latest FFDSHOW.
Enable it to decode all AVI's and MPEGs then raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 in the VFAPI plugins. Make sure all others are at a lower priority.

ashy  2004-03-01 18:38:15 ( ID:9id7dwdyfvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry correction, the line above should have read:
>I take it these AVI's are maybe using the XVID codec which is pretty unpredictable at the best of times with TMPG.

Question - TMPGEnc read errors No.41062
tyla100  2004-02-29 08:38:07 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently tried to convert a DivX encoded AVI to Mpeg2 and got a read error message. Now, when I try to encode ANYTHING I get a read error message (even when trying to re-encode mpegs). I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. I've tried updating. Nothing seems to work. The only way I can get any MPEG2 encoding done is by downloading the freeware trial version, which oddly enough, seems to work.

Question - mpeg cutting problem No.41058
Darrell  2004-02-27 13:21:09 ( ID:xqquthtystn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a 700mb avi file. i encoded video & audio separately. i encoded video to m2v(svcd) & ac-3 audio to dolby surround. then i multiplex them to mpg. the final size would be 1.3gb. when i try to cut them into half so can fit into 2 cd-r using merge & cut it won't let me. i can only cut it on encoded m2v file. anyone got any idea?

ashy  2004-02-27 23:58:47 ( ID:urognazc8yl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG will not cut MPEGs with Ac3 audio. You will need to use a program called MME.exe which comes contained in folder which is a TMPG MPEG2 codec.
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

whatever  2004-02-28 02:45:38 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be great if whoever has that website would do an english version...

Darrell  2004-02-29 08:16:48 ( ID:xqquthtystn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks ashy. i'm using head3ache to convert the audio (ac3) to dolby surround but not with tmpgenc.

Question - TMPGEnc with Adobe Encore No.41055
MediaCrafter  2004-02-27 00:06:05 ( ID:rzkj/ey1fl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is anyone successfully using TMPGEnc with Adobe Encore? So far we've been unable to get a TMPGEnc MPEG-2 to be in sync with its audio track in Encore.

Sorenson Squeeze is perfectly in sync.

Thanks.

gregw  Home )  2004-03-20 16:37:11 ( ID:gny7maohuur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have done it successfully after encoding using the settings found here:

http://dvd-hq.info/Compression.html

Make sure you follow them exactly and you will end up with some pretty nice MPEG-2 files. I haven't noticed any audio sync problems.

Greg

gregw  2004-03-20 16:47:09 ( ID:gny7maohuur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One more thing:

Be sure to encode only your video with TMPEG (select stream type as ES (video-only)). Export your audio as an AIF or WAV file from your editor and lay the video and audio as seperate tracks in the timeline. Let Encore encode the audio for you.

Greg

Question - How do I delete tmpgenc No.41053
Ted  2004-02-26 20:48:20 ( ID:eiocm5m2ljh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried the free version of TMPGENC and wish to delete it from my system.

I do not find any referece to it in the control panel delet programs or in the TMPGence file folder.

Does one just delete the files since there were no registry entries?

Thanks-
Ted--

mickyjuice  2004-02-27 09:40:06 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Does one just delete the files since there were no registry entries?

yes just delete all files, there are registry entries left over from free version concerning the 30 days free m-peg2 encoding, these entries cannot be deleted

Question - Can`t load P3Package.dll No.41051
Melanie  2004-02-26 19:36:34 ( ID:nztb0jcosbl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello could someone tell me please what I have to do or what I did wrong ?
Am I missing a driver?

THanx
Mel

Melanie  2004-02-26 21:07:01 ( ID:nztb0jcosbl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found the problem Thanx anyway :)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.