TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 82 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question progressive or interlace geohei 4 2004-02-23 06:18:17
Request please kickstart download.pegasys-inc.com doug 0 2004-02-22 02:12:11
Request little request jiri 1 2004-02-21 19:20:17
Question VCD with non-standard mpg's ETB 5 2004-02-22 02:19:38
Question MPEG2 Progressive 50FPS Incast 2 2004-02-21 16:39:27
Question Blocky Divx/Xvid files Kame_Sennin 1 2004-02-21 13:32:28
Question How to set higher bitrates for MP3 sound? Chris 3 2004-02-26 18:59:15
Question STILL IMAGE SLIDE SHOW valli 1 2004-02-19 09:35:08
Question I can't change the bitrate! Penmonicus 2 2004-02-22 23:11:18
Question Change default Wizard Settings? dvdKat 8 2004-02-20 16:49:38
Question "shut down after finish enconding" option disappears. jardinero 2 2004-02-20 19:36:19
Question Problems with some AVI divx files saikan 1 2004-02-18 10:52:11

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 82 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - progressive or interlace No.41014
geohei  2004-02-22 09:59:22 ( ID:hjxte62bqsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

I have some footage which I would like to reencode. However I don't know whether it's progressive or interlaced material.

How can I determine this?

TIA

ashy  2004-02-22 14:01:41 ( ID:dhgkcnyux4m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Depends what it is, AVI, MPEG...what?
TMPG will usually detect whether a source is interlaced or not, but to be sure you can use the wizard which will scan the file first and set the parameters accordingly.

geohei  2004-02-22 19:19:47 ( ID:hjxte62bqsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I use the wizard or import the source directly, TMPGEnc always things it's interlace. However DVD2AVI says it's progressive material. Hence, who's right and who's wrong?

ashy  2004-02-22 21:27:52 ( ID:ehq4qkv3gtr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So it's an MPEG or a VOB we're talking about here, which incidently you didn't answer, download 'Bitrate viewer' and it will tell you all you need to know.

geohei  2004-02-23 06:18:17 ( ID:hjxte62bqsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Right! It does!
Thanks a lot!

Request - please kickstart download.pegasys-inc.com No.41013
doug  2004-02-22 02:12:11 ( ID:g0mefd7ilyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the server has been down for hours now, even if using ip addresses, or please advise of a mirror site

Request - little request No.41011
jiri  2004-02-21 15:34:22 ( ID:v6iio.ktfih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have little request.

"Remaining size" (=CurrOutputFileSize*(AllFrames/CurrFrames))
(position rigth from Progress/Remaining time)

Thanks

ashy  2004-02-21 19:20:17 ( ID:l0d/t7drfth )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And?
A bit cryptic isn't it or do you want me to get my crystal ball out?

I take it you want the software modified in some way?

Question - VCD with non-standard mpg's No.41005
ETB  2004-02-21 13:31:59 ( ID:/ht0gqmpcy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I convert my downloaded MPEG's to MPG's using the MPEG tools and the MPEG-1 VCD setting.

If I just burn the files to CD, my dvd player plays them, but I can't use fast forward or rewind.

Nero 6.3 wont accept the MPG's as VCD compliant and insist to re-encode them

THe MPEG's are : 320 x 240 525200 bit/sec 30.00 frames pr. sec.

The MPG's are the same, but twice as big.

Nero accepts an MPG file with 352 x 240 1150000 bit/sec 29.97 frames pr. sec

Can I create a VCD without re-encoding the files?

How can I create and edit the .VCD files?

ashy  2004-02-21 13:43:57 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When NERO tells you the file is not compliant just select the 'Turn off standard compliance and continue' button. Nero will then burn it. It is rejecting it because the frame rate is 30fps instead of 29.97fps.

As for No rewind and and FForward, this is usually because the MPEG has no sequence headers.

Also seeing as your MPEG's are non standard VCD. I suggest you run the MPEGs through the MERGE&CUT tool using the 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)' setting or you may have playback problems.
This will also add the sequence headers required for rewind and FFworward operation.

ashy  2004-02-21 13:47:26 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Excuse the typo's, rushed it a bit.

ETB  2004-02-21 14:26:36 ( ID:/ht0gqmpcy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks

I just tried it with one file, but the DVD-player gives no viewable picture.

I have to buy groceries now, but I will try later again.

ETB  2004-02-21 14:54:19 ( ID:/ht0gqmpcy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks

I just tried it with one file, but the DVD-player gives no viewable picture.

I have to buy groceries now, but I will try later again.

doug  2004-02-22 02:19:38 ( ID:g0mefd7ilyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my player refused to work with tmpg encoded files that used nero menu settings, make sure (in nero) that all the extra crap like menu and scene selection are turned off otherwise your player will run the disc but no picture or sound.

i think its a compatibility problem in nero with older vcd compatible players (ie: players that play vcd but not svcd or dvdr cant deal with nero menus)

weather thats the real problem or not, it fixed it for me.

Question - MPEG2 Progressive 50FPS No.41002
Incast  2004-02-20 23:29:28 ( ID:xwd.nn0r/uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to encode MPEG2 50fps progressive after running some interlaced footage from a DVD through a bob deinterlacing method, producing a 50fps HuffyUV AVI. I want to from here recompress to 50fps MPEG2. However, TMPGEnc says MPEG2 cannot go above 30 but i've seen at least one MPEG2 PAL file at 50fps. My primary aim is to be able to watch my video on my PC's CRT in progressive. So, is it possible through TMPGEnc or other means to get 50fps MPEG2?

wcpaul  2004-02-21 05:22:41 ( ID:m8km0qiv2po )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use Profile & Level = MP@HL (main profile @ high level).

This requires the plus edition.

Incast  2004-02-21 16:39:27 ( ID:t45dzz5dlsh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the help.

Question - Blocky Divx/Xvid files No.41000
Kame_Sennin  2004-02-20 22:42:10 ( ID:efcsxbzt6fj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So I've been Using TEMPG to convert Divx/Xvid encoded .AVI video files to .MPEG for VCD use for awhile now.

In the past I've never had any problems, meaning the converted file would be as flawless as possable.

But lately when ever I convert as I'm watching the preview the file will show pixels.... not the grainy kind but the big quarter inch kind. I'm stumped as to why this is happening all of a sudden. There's nothing wrong with the original video file either. :\n
Can anyone help me?

thanks

ashy  2004-02-21 13:32:28 ( ID:ba9uhyhh3jl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2 in the VFAPI plugins

Question - How to set higher bitrates for MP3 sound? No.40996
Chris  2004-02-20 18:48:38 ( ID:.wmvrx4jwc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am new to any form of video compression or anything like this.

I figured out how to get the quality video I like...
However, the SOUND is the main problem.
I go to Output to File > AVI, and in the sound settings, I can't find anything good that keeps it at a small file size.

I would use MP3 at 128 KBPS, but I can't find that... the highest bitrate I can get the MPEG Layer-3 choice to is 56kBit/s, 24000Hz, Stereo. And that doesn't sound so great.

I do need the sound compressed though, because the whole point is that I am trying to lower video size so I can send to friends... but the sound quality is also important.

Is there any way to get higher quality MP3 in the video?

Thanks!

chris  2004-02-20 22:44:42 ( ID:.wmvrx4jwc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

nevermind, i get it all now.

Roger  2004-02-26 00:07:26 ( ID:vlkemahcicr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can we?
I'm looking on the net but i can´t find anything?!
Please send me a link so i can get it.
ruimgl@hotmail.com

Thanks

ashy  2004-02-26 18:59:15 ( ID:urognazc8yl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Get what?
Just got File>output to AVI then click the 'Audio settings' button and select the compression you require.

Question - STILL IMAGE SLIDE SHOW No.40994
valli  2004-02-19 09:22:10 ( ID:5mmphopstca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good morning.
My company has to provide to our customers a DVD PAL slide show of some details of our machinery captured with an high resolution digital camera (jpeg format) and I'm evaluating different tools to do this.
I mostly interested in high quality images (sharpen, not flickering, but also without blur effect) more than transition effects or audio background so I'd like still images rather than clip.
I have downloaded your entire suite of product, but I'm a little confused in using them (which and in which sequence).
I'm figured this sequence of step but I'm not sure that it is right:
a) generally the jpeg images could not have a 4:3 aspect ratio so I have to crop them to this proportion
b) the image has to be resize to a valid DVD resolution (but which one? 704x576 720x576)
c) the image has to be converted in MPEG2 format (in which manner)
d) a DVD file system has to be created
c) burn it
Could You help me please?
Thanks in advance.

ashy  2004-02-19 09:35:08 ( ID:2ve7.rvawjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You cannot create a slide show with TMPG. You can only create motion MPEGs.
It will accept your images, but they will play as a movie.

If all you require is a slide show then my advice is to use one of the many programs out there designed for this.

I would first try NERO which easily creates images. Just simply load all your images into Nero's compilation and burn as a VCD. Nero will do the rest.
You can create a menu so you will have the option to choose the image you require or step through the images as a slide show.

I doubt you would need to put the images to DVD. Not unless you have thousands. One VCD can hold many, many images.

Question - I can't change the bitrate! No.40991
Penmonicus  2004-02-19 02:20:17 ( ID:thmv/zplph2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know if it's because I'm using the free version or what, but I'm given the option to edit the settings, but everything is greyed out (so I can't actually change much).
I can only use CBR (No Variable)
I'm stuck with 1150 bitrate (and I really, REALLY want to be able to change it)
I apparently don't have a help file..
I can't change the audio bitrate

And some other stuff.

Any suggestions?

David  2004-02-19 04:37:20 ( ID:/xaewswq1l. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are currently using the VCD template. If you want to change the settings then open the "unlock" template. This will let you change the greyed out options.

Penmonicus  2004-02-22 23:11:18 ( ID:thmv/zplph2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ach...
Cheers, buddy.

Question - Change default Wizard Settings? No.40982
dvdKat  2004-02-18 21:38:49 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to change the default settings of the wizard. Ie,

Filter Settings
Video Arrange method from Full Screen -> FullScreen Keep AR
Motion Search Precision (Fast) -> Highest Quality

Bitrate Settings
Default 74 min CD -> 80 Min CD?

Thanks

ashy  2004-02-18 23:13:32 ( ID:2ve7.rvawjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just create your own template.

dvdKat  2004-02-19 00:59:46 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Just create your own template.

How do you get the wizard to use the new settings.

Created template, replaced existing template for wizard options
with new settings, but did not come through.

Im specifically tryign to use the wizard because I like the
bitrate autocalculator based on media size. Is there a way
to change the default settings used by the wizard.

Thanks

dvdKat  2004-02-19 03:15:09 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks

ashy  2004-02-19 09:26:38 ( ID:2ve7.rvawjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Easy.
Simply create the settings you require in TMPG first (not through the wizard but from the main window) then click the 'Save' button and save your template in the template folder.

Now when you run the wizard you should see your template listed under 'Other'.

dvdKat  2004-02-19 19:34:57 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks

dvdKat  2004-02-19 19:47:38 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Easy.
>Simply create the settings you require in TMPG first (not through the wizard but from the main window) then click the 'Save' button and save your template in the template folder.
>
>Now when you run the wizard you should see your template listed under 'Other'.

Got it, found I had to edit

MPEG.Wizard******** settings in the mcf file otherwise it was present,
but showed up as duplicate options.

Thanks

dvdKat  2004-02-19 20:16:21 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Easy.
>Simply create the settings you require in TMPG first (not through the wizard but from the main window) then click the 'Save' button and save your template in the template folder.
>
>Now when you run the wizard you should see your template listed under 'Other'.

Sorry thought I had it but apparently does not save any of the settings
in the 'advanced' tab of the main settings. Was able to get the motion
search precison to change and the media type. However, video arrange
method does not appear to have an entry in the mcf file.

Is there any aux doccumentation that includes valid tags and values for
the mcf file?

Ie specifically now trying to make template default of video arrange
method to full screen keep aspect ratio.

Thanks

ashy  2004-02-20 16:49:38 ( ID:dhgkcnyux4m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>However, video arrange
method does not appear to have an entry in the mcf file.

Is there any aux doccumentation that includes valid tags and values for
the mcf file?

Ie specifically now trying to make template default of video arrange
method to full screen keep aspect ratio.

I have already posted how to do this by editing the .mcf file sometime ago on this BBS. Have a search for it to see if you can find it.
If I locate it I will post the link.

Question - "shut down after finish enconding" option disappears. No.40979
jardinero  2004-02-18 17:07:42 ( ID:16lfmf48wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I've found a problem or bug in the below version of TMPGEnc.
TMPGEnc 2.5 - Version 2.521.58.169 - Core version 1.98.152.

Let's say, I created a project, and I've sent the project to be encoded. If I stop the encoding process to change a setting, when I send the project to start encodin again, the "shut down after finish enconding" is no longer available to be ticked. The whole option completely disappears from the encoding window.

Is there a work aroung solution other than starting a the project as a new one so that this option is available again?

Thanks in advance,

Jardi

ashy  2004-02-18 23:12:28 ( ID:2ve7.rvawjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is NOT a bug. This is how it should work.
The shutdown option is only available when either starting a batch encode or by clicking File>Output to file>MPEG file
The option is NOT available when directly clicking the 'Start' button from the main window as you have done when you stopped and restarted the encoding process.

Next time you wish to restart the process click File>Output to file>MPEG file

jardinero  2004-02-20 19:36:19 ( ID:dsl5aderlbo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ashy,

It works perfectly fine the way you instructed me to do it.

Perhaps this part could be reprogrammed so that it would work more logically bu just pressing the start button after changing some settings, that would be great.

Regards,

Jardi

Question - Problems with some AVI divx files No.40977
saikan  2004-02-18 08:12:54 ( ID:fhrwbteefvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've never had this problem before but I have these 2 files which wont display video after i convert it to mpeg2. I also tried opening it up with virtual dub but no video there either. Any suggestions? Thanks

ashy  2004-02-18 10:52:11 ( ID:cib90j3svn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's because there probably is no video in the MPEG. You have probably encoded just a blank MPEG.

The next time you encode the AVI in TMPG go to Options>enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins then right click on the 'Directshow file reader' and raise it's priority to 2.
To check that TMPG is decoding the AVI OK click File>Preview. If you can't see your AVI here then TMPG is having problems decoding your AVI.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.