TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 89 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Help converting divx to dvd mpeg2. retrev 0 2004-01-26 22:58:13
Question Progressive or interlace? Darrell 2 2004-01-27 03:51:05
Question MS DV Codec in DirectX 9 David 2 2004-01-30 03:32:55
Question Is this the program I need? Kenny Rogers 1 2004-01-29 21:14:25
Question Mpg files can't be on VCD nathan8 2 2004-01-29 21:24:39
Question trying to fix divx file popeye 1 2004-01-27 06:26:14
Question PC shuts down during avi -> mpeg conversion spacedkadet 4 2004-01-30 09:02:21
Question audio conversion problem pwmoroz 0 2004-01-23 17:31:23
Question Duration of video is different when playing Aligator 0 2004-01-23 11:41:29
Question DVD playback is pausing caz 0 2004-01-23 10:54:03
Question Query on duration of movie WWWlf 3 2004-01-29 09:13:29
Question Duration of video is different when playing Aligator 0 2004-01-23 07:45:04

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 89 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Help converting divx to dvd mpeg2. No.40742
retrev  2004-01-26 22:58:13 ( ID:dz7moa/u6zw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert a divx file to mpeg2 for inclusion on a DVD. I use the NTSC (4:3) settings in tmpgenc and get an mpeg2 which plays in windows media player. When I try to create a DVD filesystem with dvdauthor, I get many warnings:

WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...

then I get:

STAT: VOBU 0 at 0MB, 1PCGS

Then dvdauthor core dumps.
I tried to demux the files with mpgtx then remux with mplex. dvdauthor gets further but then complains that the sound track times go backwards and I should remux. Any ideas? How do I get tmpgenc to include the VOBU sectors?

Question - Progressive or interlace? No.40739
Darrell  2004-01-26 07:45:18 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have some divx/xvid movie with 23.976 fps.i want to create svcd (ntsc film)format. which format i should use, interlace or non-interlace?

btw should i select inverse telecine & 3:2 pulldown also?

B_Racer  2004-01-26 10:36:47 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's Non-Interlaced.

The correct Settings are:
Encode Mode -> 3:2-Pulldown when playback

Frame rate -> 23.976 fps (internally 29.97 fps)

Darrell  2004-01-27 03:51:05 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks

Question - MS DV Codec in DirectX 9 No.40736
David  2004-01-26 00:28:24 ( ID:/xaewswq1l. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello all.

Does anyone know how to turn off the deinterlacing for the MS DV codec in DirectX 9?

I just upgraded from DirectX 8.1 to DirectX 9.0b. I did this because I heard that DirectX 9 has a much improved DV codec in it.

There is one problem, it seems that the new Microsoft DV codec in DirectX 9 automatically deinterlaces the video. This is fine if you just want to watch the clip but this is really bad if you want to keep the interlace and encode the video to put on dvd. I thought that it would just deinterlace it in Media Player, but it also deinterlaces it when TMPGEnc opens the file.

I am guessing Microsoft now deinterlaces the video automatically because users were complaining about seeing the interlace lines.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Minion  2004-01-29 21:13:18 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I have never heard of This...When I create DV Files they are allways Interlaced even with DX9, I don"t use the Microsoft DV Codec because it really isn"t a very good codec but all of the other DV Codec I use have never had it be Deinterlaced On Decode...If you Load the DV File into Tmpgenc useing the Wizard it will actually analize the File for Interlaced/Progressive and for the Field order but if you Do Not use the WiZard then it will not analize the File and will leave the setting at default which can be Non-Interlace, so try loading into Tmpgenc useing the wizard and see if it really is Non-interlaced, You might try a Different DV Codec also, I get Good results useing the "MainConcept DV Codec" and "DVCPro".....

David  2004-01-30 03:32:55 ( ID:/xaewswq1l. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion. I downloaded the trail version of MainConcept DV codec.

More specifically the MS DV codec performs a BOB on the clip. In my opinion it is very annoying because on clips that have straight edges(for example cartoons) are messed up. If you every used a BOB then you know the effect I'm talking about. When you analyze the clip frame by frame in TMPGEnc there are no interlace lines. When I had DirectX 8.1 and with the MainConcept you can see the interlace lines.

The only settings you adjust for the MS DV codec is the frame size, which I have set to 720x480 using Media Player. I went on the MS Knowledge Base and they talked about this issue. DirectX 9 uses VMR-9 which does an automatic deinterlace. The DV codec in DirectX 8.1 uses VMR-7. From what I can understand from the Knowlege Base is that the deinterlace settings are set at the programming level, in the actual program code. I have found nothing on how to disable the automatic deinterlace in the user settings.

David

Question - Is this the program I need? No.40734
Kenny Rogers  2004-01-25 21:23:16 ( ID:503vnkddlxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use FRAPS to record activity in Microsoft Flight Simulator. FRAPS creates very large .avi files. I wish to shrink these down to an acceptable size, in a format that can be read on any computer.

Is this program all I need?

Ken

Minion  2004-01-29 21:14:25 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc will Compress the avi to mpeg format ,If that is what you want done then it is what you need....

Question - Mpg files can't be on VCD No.40731
nathan8  2004-01-25 21:20:16 ( ID:3omdqhwr9p2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using Roxio Easy CD Creator and when I try to put a mpg file on a VCD, it says it doesn't work and I need to find a program to convert it. I only found an avi to mpg program, does anyone know what I can do with the mpg?

Drayvan  2004-01-26 10:47:16 ( ID:v.gbgen0fwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try using TMPENC to render it, just put the MPG in the video and audio file inputs, load the VCD template and start it... that should rerender the MPG to a VCD compliant format...

Minion  2004-01-29 21:24:39 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your Mpeg1 file has the Correct VCD Resolution then you Can probably just Put the Mpeg file through Tmpgenc"s "Simple Multiplex" or "Merge & cut" but with the "Video-CD" setting selected from the Dropdown menu, This will add a VCD Header to the File, But this will only work if the Mpeg1 file is otherwize VCD Compliant....

Question - trying to fix divx file No.40729
popeye  2004-01-25 08:58:04 ( ID:w35bvaqke1f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a divx file that will play on the divx player but cannot be rendered by any dvd software - has anyone else had this problem? it can also be read by tmpg so i have been trying to convert it but i get some error problems during the converstion process.

any thoughts welcome.

mickyjuice  2004-01-27 06:26:14 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I have a divx file that will play on the divx player but cannot be rendered by any dvd software - has anyone else had this problem? it can also be read by tmpg so i have been trying to convert it but i get some error problems during the converstion process.

yeah what errors??, getting error problems with tmpgenc means a whole lotta shit all to most ppl here. be more specific (exactly what error is showing up)

and also i doubt that its your vid file that needs fixing if your able to do all that above with no probs

Question - PC shuts down during avi -> mpeg conversion No.40724
spacedkadet  2004-01-24 12:26:39 ( ID:ewqkz2io33l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello i have an annoying problem where during mpeg encoding (happens with tmpgenc and mainconcept encoders) after a couple of mins my pc will just crash out (restart) no error messages are recieved before the crash or after it starts back up. I think it must be a codec problem but im not sure.
My specs are as follows:
Windows XP MCE
AMD Athlon 2800XP @ 2.28ghz
Gigabyte ga-7va
760mb ddr pc2700 ram
ati radeon 9700pro (gigabyte maya)

If any more specs are needed i can post them up, thx in advance to anyone who can help.

Spacedkadet.

mickyjuice  2004-01-26 07:26:19 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Hello i have an annoying problem where during mpeg encoding (happens with tmpgenc and mainconcept encoders) after a couple of mins my pc will just crash out (restart) no error messages are recieved before the crash or after it starts back up. I think it must be a codec problem but im not sure.

your pc restarts by itself?? does this only happens when you are trying to encode????

Loner  2004-01-27 05:03:51 ( ID:so.u1elrmcw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you right click My Computer and go to Properties, click on the Advanced tab, and go to Startup and Recovery, look under the settings for System Failure. The third checkbox down is Automatically Restart. Uncheck that (if its checked of course). If Windows thinks it got a bad error, it will automatically restart. This is checked on by default. The first thing I do when I install XP on a machine is turn that off. It won't stop you from getting an error, but if that is the problem, it will at least stop rebooting your system on you so the program can give you an error in the first place. Then you can try and track down the real cause of the problem. It's worth giving a try at least! If that option is already unchecked, well, at least I tried! :)

spacedkadet  2004-01-29 07:00:51 ( ID:ewqkz2io33l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

At the weekend i formated my hard drive and reinstalled windows, the only codecs i have put back in are divx5.1 and koepis latest xvid (rc1) also latest nero is installed. I took the tick out of the auto restart box in the system failure section. But i still have this problem, i get about 16 mins of the converted mpeg (i am using dvd pal settings in tmpgenc) then the machine restarts. This is so bizarre and so annoying...

Thx spacedkadet.

mickyjuice  2004-01-30 09:02:21 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> But i still have this problem, i get about 16 mins of the converted mpeg (i am using dvd pal settings in tmpgenc) then the machine restarts. This is so bizarre and so annoying...

have you tried converting any other vid files?? ur source video may be corrupted

Question - audio conversion problem No.40723
pwmoroz  2004-01-23 17:31:23 ( ID:2t6vyb4drfn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bear with me:

Some avi files I have could not be converted to mpg with sound... I d/l'ed virtual dub and extracted the wav from these avi. I then inserted the original .avi and the .wav file into the wizard, and then cut the movie to put on two VCD disks.

The problem is that the first movie segment has ace sound and video, but the second one (where I cut and had to start from the middle of the avi) the sound and video are not concurrent.

I've looked around for this problem elsewhere on this board, and could not find it, so if someone could please reply to this and help me out, it would be very much appreciated.

PWM

Question - Duration of video is different when playing No.40722
Aligator  2004-01-23 11:41:29 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had encoded an wmv file into mpeg and everything is ok but problem came up during playing. The file size of the mpeg is about 250MB and will mount up to about 25 mins of video play. But when the mpeg is being played the duration only shows 23mins of video play and when it reached the 23rd min it still can go on playing til 25th min. I was really blaffed by this problem and i wondered if it is my win media player. But i don't think so as i had batch encoded several wmv with the problematic mpeg and all of them turn up fine. Sorry for taking up your time. Really would appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Question - DVD playback is pausing No.40721
caz  2004-01-23 10:54:03 ( ID:lyvd1kw5zqh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Each DVD I make will not play properly on my home theater dvd player. It seems to play for 15 - 20 seconds, then pause for 5 - 10 seconds. It does this over and over again. I'm wondering if my dvd's are not formated correctly or if my dvd player is really picky.

I have taken a mpg and used Roxio DVD creator to make the dvd.
I have taken a mpg, used TMPGenc to create an m2v, demux'ed it with Vobedit, then burned it with nero.
And I have taken a dvd movie I purchased, riped it with DVD Shrink, then burned with nero. Every time I got the same pausing/hesitating problem. I have used cd+r's and cd+rw's.

Can some one please shed some light on this issue? Thanks

Question - Query on duration of movie No.40717
WWWlf  2004-01-23 09:57:00 ( ID:2tr.9xs4jl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Hopefully someone can help me. I'm fairly new to all this....

I have downloaded a DivX movie, which is approx 1hr30m. I wanted to convert it to DVD-R so I followed the tutorial in Afterdawn (http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm). I used all the settings as outlined in this. My problem came when I came to the bitrate part of the wizard. The "movie info" says it is now 287mins. Wow! Even dropping the vid bitrate down to 2000, I still have a massive file. Whatever settings I used the file it wants to produce is HUGE (ie more than two DVD-Rs!) and it is taking an absolute age to create the output file.

What am I doing wrong???

FYI: My PC is rather old AMD Athlon 1.2, 768MbRAM, XP Pro

B_Racer  2004-01-24 23:39:25 ( ID:dxp41zyyfu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DivX-Movie, eh? Downloaded, eh? You are using illegal stuff, eh?

That's the very old VBR-Audio-Problem. I'm tired to see it again and again. Search die Board, solutions to solve this problem are already posted here.

mickyjuice  2004-01-29 09:12:53 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>DivX-Movie, eh? Downloaded, eh? You are using illegal stuff, eh?

and you would never do a thing like that would you know????

;p

mickyjuice  2004-01-29 09:13:29 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

eh

Question - Duration of video is different when playing No.40716
Aligator  2004-01-23 07:45:04 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had encoded an wmv file into mpeg and everything is ok but problem came up during playing. The file size of the mpeg is about 250MB and will mount up to about 25 mins of video play. But when the mpeg is being played the duration only shows 23mins of video play and when it reached the 23rd min it still can go on playing til 25th min. I was really blaffed by this problem and i wondered if it is my win media player. But i don't think so as i had batch encoded several wmv with the problematic mpeg and all of them turn up fine. Sorry for taking up your time. Really would appreciate your help.
Thanks.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.