TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 90 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Merging and CDR Capacity Sakuya 9 2004-01-25 21:47:05
Question AC3 regman 0 2004-01-22 11:41:00
Question AC3 regman 3 2004-01-22 20:35:50
Question spliytting mpeg files........... 1confusedpuppy 1 2004-01-26 07:36:54
Question write error, ACM & runtime error regman 0 2004-01-21 22:04:31
Question write error, ACM & runtime error regman 5 2005-11-03 20:25:54
Question how to get best quality converting digital video to DVD jjspierx 6 2004-01-30 21:23:10
Question Problem converting Video Clip to MPEG aaron russell 1 2004-01-21 23:44:04
Question problems with cut and merge jlrdalorenzo 1 2004-01-21 23:38:16
Question encode directly from Premiere to Tmpgenc without saving avi jilesh 1 2004-01-21 14:01:12
Question DVD not clear on TV playback Buggyjohn 2 2004-01-21 23:30:04
Question Premier 6.5 setting papafox 3 2004-01-21 10:45:53

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 90 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Merging and CDR Capacity No.40706
Sakuya  2004-01-23 06:47:14 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I downloaded this movie which was divided into 3 separate AVI files. The entire movie is 89 minutes. Since it is separate AVI files, I have to convert them one by one. So after converting, I will have 3 MPEG files. If I merge them together, would the resulted MPEG be flawless? Flawless as in no errors and no added time? Plus, would it fit on a CD-R with overburning? My CD-R is 700MB and 80 minutes though. Would it fit if I converted with 80% quality or should I go lower?

ashy  2004-01-23 16:56:07 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need to encode them seperately. Just label the files in sequence Movie001.AVI, Movie002.AVI, Movie003.AVI....and so on thene enable 'open sequence files as movie' in the 'enviromental settings' under the 'general' tab.

You can fit 82mins at standard VCD bitrate on an 80 min disk with overburning. To fit 89min you will have to lower the bitrate slightly or even better use VBR encoding.

Sakuya  2004-01-23 20:36:24 ( ID:yjvzugeaiog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

:( Then I guess I will split them onto 2 CD-Rs.

ashy  2004-01-23 22:00:56 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well to be honest you will only have to lower the bitrate slightly or if you use VBR you will be able to fit the whole thing on 1 disk without loss of quality.
Seems a bit of a waste to put 7 mins on 1 disk.

Sakuya  2004-01-24 01:45:32 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is VBR? The source video is really high quality. This is its specs:

Resolution: 712x400
Video: Xvid (~2500kbit/s)
Audio: AC3 (~438kbit/s)

And for lowering the bitrate what should I do? I'm the person that makes XVCDs with the really weird settings that work well. Here is what I use to jog your memory:

Size: 480x480
Stream Type: MPEG-1
Rate Control Mode: Constant Quality (80%)
Maximum Bitrate: 2520 kbits/sec
Motion Search: Normal
Video Arrange Method: Center Custom 420x420

The 80% is set at default. Sometimes, I use 70% just in case. And the center custom size is for the overscan. So what should I change in this case?

Sakuya  2004-01-24 01:48:30 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Woops, I forgot to add something! I thought the disc capacity was 82 minutes? How can fitting 89 minutes by lowering the bitrate be possible? And I cannot find that option in my Environmental Settings General tab. :( Does VBR take longer?

ashy  2004-01-24 13:39:26 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are already using VBR if you are encoding using the 'Constant Quality' method.

You can fit 82 mins of standard bitrate MPEG data on one 80min disk if you burn however if you lower it slightly then the data rate per second will not be as high, so you will be able to squeeze more on the disk.
The lower the bitrate the more you can fit on a disk.
Any bitrate calcultor will tell you how much you can fit on a disk for any given bitrate.

If I were you I would just use the settings you already have, but just split between 2 disks and raise the max bitrate to 3500kb/s and the min to 1800kb/s and Q = 65/70

Sakuya  2004-01-24 19:37:45 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why raise the bitrate? Since the movie is divided into 3 files, I will have to merge the first and second files, and then if that doesn't fit on one disc, will I have to split in the middle of the second file? Confusing...anyway, thanks! :) I guess it is impossible to fit it on one disc if I want to keep the quality?

ashy  2004-01-25 13:41:15 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I suggested raising the bitrate because if you split an 89 minute movie between 2 disks then you may as well use the full space on the disk. To do this you would raise the bitrate and thus create a higher quality output.

As I said previously you don't need to join any files. Just enable the the sequence files option in TMPG then just split the file right down the middle with the MPEGtools after encoding .
Trust me this is the best way to do it.

Sakuya  2004-01-25 21:47:05 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't find that option anywhere. But it's alright if I just joined it after right? Also, since the source files are so high quality, each of the 3 part AVI are about 600MB each. I know it sounds absurd but it is. What if the MPEG would come out to be even more?! :( Should I really increase the bitrate? :(

Question - AC3 No.40705
regman  2004-01-22 11:41:00 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, I have three questions....first of all I downloaded an ac3filter, but it has alot of files in it, but no installation or application file in the folder!...how do I install something like that? Second...is this the right filter you said to go to? If not, third.....what website do I go to in order to get the right one? I don't mean to be a menace, but I just want to get on with doing my movies and getting them done!

thanks!!

Question - AC3 No.40701
regman  2004-01-22 05:13:06 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if TMPGEnc suppported ac3 codecs? cuz when I enter a movie that has the ac3 codec in the audio, it gives me an error warning that says "_____can not open or unsupported". I checked the file and it's NOT corrupted cuz it plays excellent and I checked it through AVI codec finder and it told me the audio was in ac3 format...it worked for me before on TMPGEnc and now it's not working and I had the same version I have now (2.58)...and I have the TMPGEnc plus!! What adjustments could I make to it to make it work??? I'm really getting pissed cuz NOTHING'S WORKING in it now!!! PLEASE help me out.....SOMEBODY!!!

mickyjuice  2004-01-22 06:25:37 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

download and install 'ac3filter' which will let you encode video's with ac3 audio directly with tmpgenc (easiest)

OR

you can decompress the ac3 audio to wav(with any program that can do it),then use that wav file as your audio source (bit of a f*&% around)

regman  2004-01-22 11:39:56 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, I have three questions....first of all I downloaded an ac3filter, but it has alot of files in it, but no installation or application file in the folder!...how do I install something like that? Second...is this the right filter you said to go to? If not, third.....what website do I go to in order to get the right one? I don't mean to be a menace, but I just want to get on with doing my movies and getting them done! thanks!!

ashy  2004-01-22 20:35:50 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

'AC3filter' will NOT work with TMPG.
It will let you load the Ac3 into the audio field, however it will not decode it, leaving you with just silence in the output.

The only one I know of that works with TMPG is the 'AC3ACM decompressor'. Note: It will only decode Ac3 in AVI's.
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/

Question - spliytting mpeg files........... No.40699
1confusedpuppy  2004-01-22 00:41:12 ( ID:eddxhltt4kc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok guys please dont get mad...............but to split the movie
>source range>set bigining>set end. repete for the second half right?

mickyjuice  2004-01-26 07:36:54 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes do it that way only if you have to encode your vid files to mpeg, but if they are already mpeg use tmpgenc's merge&cut: goto file, mpeg tool, merge&cut

Question - write error, ACM & runtime error No.40698
regman  2004-01-21 22:04:31 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I forgot to add to my problem question....my processor is an AMD athlon xp 1700 processor, if that helps any!

Question - write error, ACM & runtime error No.40692
regman  2004-01-21 22:01:40 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just recently had to wipe out everything on my hard drive and start over and I've been using TMPGEnc for a couple of years, but now I'm having MAJOR problems....I'm using windows XP home edition, have an AMD athlon xp processor, two hard drives (80 for windows & 120 gig for movie & data storage), and have 704 mbs of RAM. I'm trying to convert an AVI file to a DVD format using TMPGEnc and I keep getting messages like "write error occured at address 77f83905 of module 'ntdll.dll with 00000000", "runtime error 216 at 0003D9f49", and "error occured with ACM was initialized". I didn't have NONE of these problems before and I've tried adjusting direct show & AVI/PFW compatible reader in the environmental settings....WHAT THE HELL'S THE PROBLEM NOW OR WHAT DID I DO WRONG?? Minion, ashley or somebody PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS so I can convert my movies again!!!

Minion  2004-01-21 23:42:09 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well What Type of AVI file is It?? The ntdll.dll error is ususally because the File was encoded useing the XviD codec which Tmpgenc does not like at all...Sometimes installing FFDShow and Configureing it to decode XviD files will Help...But if this is not the Problem then I don"t know exactly what I could be...What Would Probably solve the Problem no matter what it is is if you try "Frame serveing" the File to Tmpgenc useing something like "Virtual-Dub" which is what I usually do when a Encoder has problems decodeing the AVI file I am trying to encode....

regman  2004-01-22 00:11:45 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well it's an XVID file, but I've BEEN encoding XVID files for the longest and NEVER had a problem like I'm having now!

Minion  2004-01-22 20:54:45 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well This error Pops up all the Time on this Forum and it allways is related to the XviD codec, It doesn"t mean it will happen with every XviD file but when it does happen it is usually due to the file being Encoded with the XviD codec...Do what I mentioned before ,Frame serve the file to Tmpgenc useing Virtual Dub...Cheers

Darrell  2004-01-26 07:53:33 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

did u install AC3ACM? delete the file AC3ACM.dll in c:windowssystem32 (windows xp)
i hope this help....

worker3456  2005-11-03 20:25:54 ( ID:kdr31xwp.6m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also have the "error occured with ACM was initialized" problem.
I tried to use another avi file as the audio source. It worked. So, the video codec is not a problem.
I can play the avi file with Windows Media Player, Windows Media Classic. That means I have the proper codec (AC3 filter, I checked with GSpot).
I searched the web for ACM-related codecs. Installed them. Still no luck.
Now, I decide the download VirtualDub.
Wish me luck.

Question - how to get best quality converting digital video to DVD No.40685
jjspierx  Home )  2004-01-21 18:00:16 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I have a 15 minute avi thats about 3.5gb's of data. The quality of it is excellent. I am trying to convert it to DVD, so I setup TMPGenc to encode mpeg2, 8000bps, 29.97fps, and basically everything set to max. When I encode the video and play it back on my computer, the picture quality is excellent like I would expect but it doesn't play quite as smoothly as the AVI. Now I'm not talking about a BIG difference, and maybe I'm just being picky, but the video is racing footage and the person who was holding the camera wasn't very smooth, so everything is very fast moving. I would like to make the playback of the mpeg2 look every bit as smooth as the AVI if possible. If the video were just a movie or something that wasn't fast moving, I probably wouldn't even notice the difference in smoothness during playback. So am I screwed, or is there someway with TMPGenc or another program that I can get the mpeg2 too play as smoothly as the original AVI? Thanks.

ashy  2004-01-21 21:51:04 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you change the frame rate?
What are the specs of your PC?
Can you describe the effect you are seeing that is affecting the smoothness of playback.

jjspierx  Home )  2004-01-21 23:29:12 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, the framerate is the same, 29.97 to 29.97...my PC is a 2.4ghz P4, 512mb ram, geforce 4 Ti4200.

There really isnt much of an effect to describe. As I mentioned before, it were simply a moving or tv show or something like that, on which I was ripping, I probably wouldn't even notice. The picture quality is great, but the playback, just isn't quite as smooth. Like it looks like maybe its dropping a couple of frames per second. The audio and video are still synches, its just the kart doesn't move with same fluidity that it does in the original AVI. Most of the camera shots are closeups so the kart is often zooming by the camera at 40-80mph so the background is moving very fast for the camera to keep up with the kart, and this is the only reason that I can even notice that there is a difference in the smoothness of the playback. The video doesn't stutter or anything, or have problems keeping up and then jumping to catch up or anything like that. Maybe when I get home I will just a couple of seconds of each video to show you what I mean. I hope I'm just not being too picky, but there is a difference.

jjspierx  Home )  2004-01-21 23:58:22 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wow, that was a terrible post...lots of typos. I hope you got what I meant though. At the end, I meant to say, maybe I will UPLOAD a couple of seconds of each video to show you what I mean. Unfortunately I'm at work now.

ashy  2004-01-22 20:42:40 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

May I ask which player you are using to play this MPEG?
If it's Windows mediaplayer then forget it. It's crap for MPEG2.
Get yourself a proper MPEg2 player such as WinDVD and enable the 'software bob deinterlace' mode.

You may find that if you have encoded the MPEG as interlaced then the effect may not manifest itself on a regular TV.

Monitors are progressive displays and not designed for an interlaced output such as your TV.

jjspierx  Home )  2004-01-22 21:04:23 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using PowerDVD player to view the mpeg2. It looks like crap in BSPlayer or media player because they show the interlacing lines. yuckkk!!! However it doesn't matter which program I use, the smoothness is the same on all of them. Maybe since the AVI is uncompressed, and doesn't require decoding it plays smoother than the mpeg which is decoding as is plays. If thats the case, maybe my standalone player will view it better than my PC does? I don't know, I'm probably just being picky here, but I just want the mpg to play as smoothly as the original AVI.

The video was encoded interlaced, are you saying I should encode it non-interlaced if I am going to be transferring it to DVD for my TV? Thats something I did not know if its true. I just got my DVD burner, and so far all I have done is burn non-interlaced Anime episodes, this was my first time encoding an interlaced AVI to an interlaced mpg.

Daps  2004-01-30 21:23:10 ( ID:odhgiplfcsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same problem. When converting AVI to DVD quality MPEG using TMPGENC and writing to DVD; the movie plays ok for a second or two, then seems to drop every other frame for half a second, then play ok, and then they drop again and so on. This gives a jittering motion. It makes the movie hard to watch and it just isn't smooth. Does anyone know how to convert divx avi to make smooth on DVD?

Question - Problem converting Video Clip to MPEG No.40683
aaron russell  2004-01-21 16:23:02 ( ID:i10vvt6gurk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert 'video clip' to MPEG, TMPGEnc gives an error saying that it is an unsupported format. What do I do to fix this?

Thanks
aaron

Minion  2004-01-21 23:44:04 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A "Video Clip" is not a Video format....If the File is an AVI file ,Like a DiVX or Mpeg-4 format then you can usually fix this by going to "options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2"...Cheers

Question - problems with cut and merge No.40681
jlrdalorenzo  2004-01-21 16:08:44 ( ID:uci.mh4sogh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a mpg file to cut, It cuts the first part using the range I asign, but the second part, it cuts only a 12 minute piece and there is still an hour of movie. I have tried many times with different sizes and it always results on the same 12 minute piece.
Help please.

Minion  2004-01-21 23:38:16 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use something else to cut your Files...Like this:
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.47.lzh
The File Named mme.exe is the Editor and Make sure every Cut is Made on an I Frame......

Question - encode directly from Premiere to Tmpgenc without saving avi No.40679
jilesh  2004-01-21 11:26:01 ( ID:6gxdr8imqil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How to encode Video directly from Premiere or Aftereffects to Tmpgenc Encoder without saving the AVI first!

ashy  2004-01-21 14:01:12 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need the Premiere Video Server plug-in.
http://www.videotools.net/

Question - DVD not clear on TV playback No.40676
Buggyjohn  2004-01-21 07:06:53 ( ID:sdaasic/zjg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have Pinnacle Studio 8 and I captured video from my Sony digital Hi 8 camcorder. When I burned a DVD with Studio 8, the playback on the DVD home player was not as clear as the tape source or as the computer capture.

Why is this? How can I capture from Hi 8 tape and preserve the same quality to DVD and have the same clarity on TV playback?

Do I need a better capture program ?

Thanks

John
NY.

B_Racer  2004-01-21 10:44:47 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need a better Encoder - like TMPGEnc!

Minion  2004-01-21 23:30:04 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Studio 8 Uses an awefull Encoder,You need to use a Real Encoder to encode your Captured files to Mpeg2 for DVD if you want any sort of Quality...What Confuses me is why when you Get Bad Quality useing Stdio 8 you come here to ask Why???

Question - Premier 6.5 setting No.40672
papafox  2004-01-20 09:07:44 ( ID:v8sxgoqxvhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I exported an Adobe Premier 6.5 movie to their dv version of .avi. TMPGEnc would not work with that file, I imagine because it is DV I rather than DV II. Unfortunately, the Adobe export menu gives only one dv .avi file export choice, so I cannot easily select type II. Any suggestions?

ashy  2004-01-20 16:03:05 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just convert it to DV 2.
http://www.canopus.com/US/products/DV_file_converter/pm_dv_file_converter.asp

Papafox  2004-01-21 05:02:46 ( ID:v8sxgoqxvhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Converter worked like a champ. Thx!!
Papafox

B_Racer  2004-01-21 10:45:53 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can also use PlugIn-Pack to stream the Video directly from Premiere to any Encoder without saving the AVI first.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.