TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 100 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question My problem Sillyname 1 2003-12-25 02:32:49
Question Mr Grahame Ross 4 2003-12-26 02:48:56
Question My problem Sillyname 0 2003-12-24 14:51:42
Bug report Mr Problem crashing 0 2003-12-23 20:46:23
Question Is this still true? (Entry in TMPGEnc FAQ) Sillyname 0 2003-12-23 16:15:33
Bug report Links Jonathan 1 2003-12-23 12:15:29
Question no sound yy 12 2003-12-25 02:39:14
Question BBS Suggestion Sillyname 1 2004-01-02 05:49:38
Question Everything workin' now!!! Sillyname 3 2003-12-24 16:27:25
Question Spanning Multiple Disks.... WataNoob 1 2003-12-22 17:16:36
Request Jerky motion in Ripped Movie Using DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc Balan K 6 2003-12-29 04:54:30
Question Why the fuck can't it read mpeg2!? UserName 7 2004-01-05 20:32:21

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 100 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - My problem No.40259
Sillyname  2003-12-24 15:51:42 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I went to www.DVDHelp.us and downloaded their templates for TMPGEnc. But when I go into the NTSC DVD templates, they were set for 23.976fps and 3:2 pulldown. On the next tab over it said that the movie was to be interlaced, though they were doing a 3:2 on it.

Things looked screwed up enough in it that I'm wondering if somehow my copy of TMPGEnc may be scrambling my settings, somehow.

Does anybody know a program that is "fairly easy to use" that I might be able to compare mpeg2 movies in? ULEAD's mpeg2 encoder works fine on DVD settop, though apparently not as pretty as everybody keeps promising TMPGEnc to be.

Minion  2003-12-25 02:32:49 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Certain Templates will only work properly with certain Files, and This Template was Odviously made for a Progressive 23.976fps Source File..If your Source File is For Instance Interlaced and 29.97fps then that Frame Rate setting with the 3:2 Pulldown will Not work with this File ,You would Then Just change the Frame Rate to 29.97fps the same as your Source Files Framerate....
It is your Source File that Determines what settings you would use to Encode it to a Particular format...If you Post the Specs of your AVI file I can tell you what settings will Work in Tmpgenc...Cheers

Question - Mr No.40254
Grahame Ross  2003-12-24 15:06:44 ( ID:ubdi0mq6xtr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have started using TMPGEnc for joining mpegs. It works but I can`t get the saved clips to run with Win Media Player automatically. The box is greyed out so how do I get Media Player to recognise this format?

ashy  2003-12-24 19:38:12 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mrs

Minion  2003-12-25 02:46:20 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean by "The Box is Greyed Out"?? What Box?? If you mean that the File Type is not recognized by your PC or by Media Player you should Just be able to Right click the File and then go to "Properties" and were it says "Opens With" click the "Change" Button and navigate to the Media Player Icon in the List and then click "Apply" then "OK" and then when you double click the File Media Player should automaticly Play it...Media Player natively doesn"t come with a Mpeg2 decoder so it might not play any Mpeg2 files without the Proper Decoders installed, it is Best to use a software DVD Player Like WinDVD or PowerDVD to play Mpeg files with...Cheers

Grahame Ross  2003-12-25 16:52:51 ( ID:o7lfv41j/vg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the info - problem is that right clicking/properties does not come up with a list of programs. If I double click the file the requester box comes up asking what program do I want to use. Clicking Media Player gets it playing but the box which says `always use this program for viewing this file` is greyed out so I can`t check the box. Every time I want to view a file generated by this joiner I must identify the program required! The files are on my hard drive not on a DVD as I don`t have a DVD player except a stand-alone one.

Minion  2003-12-26 02:48:56 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you do not need a DVD Player to Have DVD Player software..DVD Playing software Is Basicly just For Playing Mpeg files but it will also Play any other Format I actually like them better for all files than Media Player...You can also enable File types in media Player assumeing the Type of files you are talking about are .mpg files they should allready be enabled...well good luck

Question - My problem No.40253
Sillyname  2003-12-24 14:51:42 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I went to www.DVDHelp.us and downloaded their templates for TMPGEnc. But when I go into the NTSC DVD templates, they were set for 23.976fps and 3:2 pulldown. On the next tab over it said that the movie was to be interlaced, though they were doing a 3:2 on it.

Things looked screwed up enough in it that I'm wondering if somehow my copy of TMPGEnc may be scrambling my settings, somehow.

Does anybody know a program that is "fairly easy to use" that I might be able to compare mpeg2 movies in? ULEAD's mpeg2 encoder works fine on DVD settop, though apparently not as pretty as everybody keeps promising TMPGEnc to be.

Bug report - Mr No.40252
Problem crashing  2003-12-23 20:46:23 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did run this program for a few days,error free,but now I multiplex it,then load it up to convert it,I get this error straight away :
TMPGENC caused an invalid page fault in
module CLAUD.AX at 016f:1c403b9b.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=016f EIP=1c403b9b EFLGS=00010202
EBX=015e0c80 SS=0177 ESP=0273ff40 EBP=0000016d
ECX=00f80778 DS=0177 ESI=00f80778 FS=3f4f
EDX=00f807b8 ES=0177 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 08 ff 51 0c 89 be 48 0e 00 00 8b 46 60 8b 54
Stack dump:
00000000 00f807b8 0003fc68 1c434364 0000016d 015e0c80 015e0c80 1c41f776 00000001 015e1e80 1c422cac 015e0c80 00001200 00000000 00000000 0003fc68

Downloaded another version but same problem,any help?

Question - Is this still true? (Entry in TMPGEnc FAQ) No.40251
Sillyname  2003-12-23 16:15:33 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The following is an excerpt from the TMPGEnc FAQ:

"TMPGEnc can not read AVI file with DV format.
The file is probably Type-1 DV format. The format is not supported by TMPGEnc. Type-1format has different structure from AVI format. TMPGEnc can not read the format since TMPGEnc does not support DirectShow.
To solve this matter, try to save the captured or edited file as Type-2 DV format, however, there are still chance not to be able to read the file if you are using general IEEE1394 board without codec for VFW."

Is this still true? I noticed some things in the FAQ needed updating...

Bug report - Links No.40249
Jonathan  2003-12-23 11:27:26 ( ID:x.rmf5quc.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The links to the download are broken
yust set them to wwww.tmpgenc.net/download_files/TMPGEnc-2.521.58.169-Free.zip
that works.
thanks for a wonderful prgram

sfh  2003-12-23 12:15:29 ( ID:qna1s6nk6oo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

dont get the link to work...
just get cannot find server.......

tnx

sfh

Question - no sound No.40236
yy  2003-12-22 19:09:05 ( ID:xwd.nn0r/uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

each time i convert an avi to mpg2 the movie has no sound , help please :)

Sillyname  2003-12-22 19:30:27 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Need to know how you're saving the avi from your editor and how you're importing it into TMPGEnc. Give a step by step, then someone can fill in any possible causes of trouble.

yy  2003-12-22 20:03:40 ( ID:xwd.nn0r/uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i drag n drop avi movie into video source and audio source and hit start , then i sit n pick my nose , the movie turns out ok (into mpg2)but no sound :(
also i was wondering if the avi file being so large would have anything to do with the sound

Sillyname  2003-12-22 20:10:45 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you played the original avi to see if audio is there?
Make sure System stream is checked. It's the last setting towards the bottom right of the main window's screen. Has ES (Video Only), ES (Audio Only), etc... System is on the bottom, it has (Audio+ Video) or something like that. I believe. I don't have it in front of me right now. BUt I believe any settings that say (audio and video) in paranthesis indicate that you wish to include audio with the final mpeg2.

yy  2003-12-22 20:11:25 ( ID:xwd.nn0r/uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i drag n drop avi movie into video source and audio source and hit start , then i sit n pick my nose , the movie turns out ok (into mpg2)but no sound :(
also i was wondering if the avi file being so large would have anything to do with the sound

yy  2003-12-22 20:13:35 ( ID:xwd.nn0r/uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes the avi movie has sound and ive checked the box at the very bottom ,but alas no joy :- (

yy  2003-12-22 20:20:02 ( ID:xwd.nn0r/uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ive read on the forum that i might need to convert the avi sound into a wav file , how do i find out what sound file is already on avi and how do i go about converting , if anyone got a link to a sound converter (freeware)to wav , please give me link please , seeing its nearly xmas ; )

Sillyname  2003-12-22 20:25:08 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, I already read that...

yy  2003-12-22 20:33:40 ( ID:xwd.nn0r/uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ive read on the forum that i might need to convert the avi sound into a wav file , how do i find out what sound file is already on avi and how do i go about converting , if anyone got a link to a sound converter (freeware)to wav , please give me link please , seeing its nearly xmas ; )

Minion  2003-12-22 21:53:06 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im sure you Found that you will need something like "Virtual Dub" to extract the audio to WAV....It is freeware and if you look for it you will find it...

geyaya  2003-12-23 00:43:40 ( ID:wnl1zziequo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the very same problem (no sound) when converting avi. I know I am still a newbie kind even I've spent more than fifty hours trying to figure this out in the past week:-(( My solution is giving up TMPGEnc and swtiching to DVD2SVCD (which uses TMPGEnc as its internal rountine). DVD2SVCD basically checks your avi file and does all the configuration for you (no matter what kind of avi you have, I mean video and audio codec). TMPGEnc is a wonderful tool, but it can easily scare off many many newbies like me. You can download DVD2SVCD on www.doom9.org.

yy  2003-12-23 23:09:35 ( ID:t45dzz5dlsh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, i managed to solve the probelm,
1.download goldwave v5.06 http://www.goldwave.com/
2 open goldwave then click file at top left hand side,then click batch processing , make sure convert files to this formatt is checked (ticked)
save as type should read :Wave (*.wav)
attibutes: PCM signed 16 bit,stereo . if thats ok ,then click add files (top right hand side)
add the avi file (movie), once you have added the avi file then click begin at the bottom
it will then create a wav file ,roughly taking about 5mins ,deciding on the size of avi file.
now u should have a wav file and your avi file,open up tmpgenc and drag n drop the avi file into :video file , then drag n drop the wav file into: audio file, then the rest is history .
goldwave v5.06 is free demo for one month

Minion  2003-12-25 02:39:14 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can do the same thing with "Virtual Dub" and Virtual dub is free and this Version supports Mpeg 2 files:
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/VirtualDub-MPEG2.zip

If you install this it will also support AC3 audio files and so will Tmpgenc:
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

All you do is Load your AVI into Virtual Dub then go to "Audio" and set it to "Full proscessing Mode" then go to "File" to "Save Wav" and give it a Name and save it and that is it you will have a Wav audio file that you can use as the audio source in tmpgenc..With the AC3 ACM Decompressor installed you should be able to encode AVI Files with AC3 audio to Mpeg in tmpgenc without haveing to extract the audio first...Cheers

Question - BBS Suggestion No.40234
Sillyname  2003-12-22 19:05:09 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be nice if the BBS were split into DVD, SVCD and VCD sections, so you don't have to weed through so many posts that are unrelated to the problem you are currently experiencing.

Mickyjuice  2004-01-02 05:49:38 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

do a search ya lazy bastard ;/

Question - Everything workin' now!!! No.40230
Sillyname  2003-12-22 18:09:23 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Apparently TMPGEmc reacts differently to field order mismatches than other mpeg encoders I have dealt with. In Ulead, for example, I get banded choppy playback but it's sort of obvious that the bands are the fields. In TMPGEnc I believe it times directly on the field you set it to, so if it isn't there where you tell it it is, then you get a blank space or something that Settop DVDs skip or hang on. Really weird...

ashy  2003-12-22 19:05:14 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So what are you saying, it was a field order problem?

Sillyname  2003-12-22 19:50:13 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Heh! Maybe...
I found it set to B but I think my trouble came from me failing to save templates after changing them. Or it could very well have been that because I was used to seeing field trouble manifest as horizontal banding instead of actual jerky playback. I thought that maybe we were just using different words to describe the same thing but TMPGEnc just treats the encoding process differentlly in this case. I'm so glad it wasn't bitrate spikes, as some had been suggesting.

Sillyname  2003-12-24 16:27:25 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

FALSE ALARM...

Trouble still there. Made only one succesful burn using CBR 8000kbps.
It's not that my settop DVD player can't handle VBR, LSX encoder set for vbr works fine on it.

I've been following NTSC standards. 29.97, interlaced, (DV Type-1, Field Order A). Applying no filters. Tried CQ, CBR (worked once???) and 2-pass VBR. Never went over 8000kbps for video and avoid audio until final DVD creation via TMPGEnc DVD Author (which rocks). Audio is always stereo PCM @ 16-bit 48kHz (around 1500kbps) and works fine in conjunction with LSX encoded mpeg2, authored and burned through DVD Author, as well.

So it's not DVD Author. It's not Mediastudio (where LSX encoder resides). It's not my audio. It's all trouble with TMPGEnc Plus. Everybody that I seem to get hints and templates from is a PAL-head. Not that they're apathetic to "my cause" but you don't ask a roofer to fix your refrigerator.

Are "standards" really that hard to come by? Every DVD I've ever bought or rented plays just fine on my settop. What does the industry use, not some DVD pirate?

Question - Spanning Multiple Disks.... No.40228
WataNoob  2003-12-22 11:17:29 ( ID:qualsxlqpwn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 121MB divx avi file i want to convert to vcd but it's gonna be bigger than the 700MB cd i use. A) Is there any way to shrink the size of the output file to fit onto one disk or B) Can i break the file up into two and put it on two cd's?

ashy  2003-12-22 17:16:36 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes to both.
Tell us which one you want and then we'll help.

Request - Jerky motion in Ripped Movie Using DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc No.40221
Balan K  2003-12-22 08:35:29 ( ID:8r0frmo1kbo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using Smart Ripper, DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc for DVD Ripping. The rippeed movie plays fine in PC. When played in Standalone players a Small amount of jerky movement is seen. playback is not that much smooth. I have tried various programs Like Win On CD, VCD Easy, Nero, Easy CD Creator. I have tried with various movies also.

can any one help me?.

ashy  2003-12-22 17:18:53 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What format is the DVD, PAL or NTSC? What format are you converting to? Which settings did you use in TMPG?

Do you have the ForcedFilm option checked in DVD2AVI?

Balan K  2003-12-22 22:39:51 ( ID:upvgwjftcng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The source movie is NTSC 4:3. I am using the VideoCD NTSC Template of TMPGEnc. Forced Film is not enabled in DVD2AVI.

Minion  2003-12-23 21:46:47 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Forced Film Should be enabled or you will get Interlace Artifacts which with Manifest it"s self as Jumpy/Choppy Playback in Motion scenes...When Forced Film is used it Frameserves the File in It"s Native Progressive film 23.976fps format with Not Interlaceing But you will need to use the "NTSC Film" template...You should allways use the Forced Film option when useing DVD2AVI with NTSC DVD"s that were shot in film which is Most NTSC DVD"s....Cheers

Balan K  2003-12-24 05:40:37 ( ID:8r0frmo1kbo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I will try this option and give the feedback. But I have a basic doubt. I am living in INDIA where PAL is the standard. So if I want to create a PAL VCD what should I do. Because earlier I tried to create PAL VCD using VideoCD PAL template of TMPGEnc and hence I decided to goto NTSC thinking that there will not be any problem ( Source and destination both are 29.97 Hz ). Need advice.

ashy  2003-12-25 13:37:55 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem is happening because you are trying to play a an NTSC VCD on a PAL system.

All DVD players will play either NTSC or PAL, but there is a potential problem.

If you try to play an NTSC VCD on a PAL System you will encounter either jerky playback or a black and white picture.

I will explain why:

Because you are living in a country which uses the PAL system your TV will expect a PAL signal from your DVD player unless you have a multiformat TV.
Now, your problem is because your DVD player is automatically converting the NTSC VCD to a PAL output so your TV can display the signal correctly.

Unfortunately not many players do this conversion too well and the symptoms will be jerky playback, exactly the same as if you were to do a format conversion from NTSC to PAL in TMPG. This happens because of the differing frame rates.

If you want the playback to be smooth then you will have to set your player to output an NTSC signal instead of PAL, but the problem here is that if your TV is not multi-standard then you will get a black and white picture, but playback will be smooth.

If you do have a multi-standard TV then there will be a setting in your DVD players setup which will allow it to output an NTSC signal, sometimes this setting is labeled as 'Auto' which means it will automatically output whichever format the VCD is in.

If you don't have a Multiformat TV then you will have to do an NTSC to PAL conversion, but NOT with TMPG. There are various ways of doing this properly and you can find them by searching on this BBS.

The reason why it plays smooth on your PC is because the VCD will play in it's native format as your PC IS a multiformat system.

Balan K  2003-12-29 04:54:30 ( ID:8r0frmo1kbo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I hope now you have understood my problem clearly.

Can you tell me, What should I do To convert a NTSC DVD to PAL VCD Step by Step. Please don't redirect to Guides in DOOM9.org, DVDRHELP.COM. Because I have already tried them.

Question - Why the fuck can't it read mpeg2!? No.40213
UserName  2003-12-22 04:48:22 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It blocks directshow filters? Stupid program!

ashy  2003-12-22 17:20:50 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all cut the language or sod off. Secondly a bit more of a description of your problem wouldn't go amiss.
Then we will be able to sort you out.

UserName  2003-12-23 06:07:27 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So if you can't help, i'll be entitled to use the langauge of choice for a free man?

What the subject line says. Ligos3.5, installt, tmpgenc ignores it and say mpeg2 files can't be opened. As everybody else here says: Its hardcoded to ignore most filters (why the hell do they do that)

munks  2003-12-23 20:11:54 ( ID:swwjzdpez2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

his langauge got his question noticed tho didnt it

unlike uthers on here wich seem to be ignored

oh well ey

Sillyname  2003-12-24 16:01:06 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought a copy and still haven't figured out why it is making jerky burns. The LSX encoder with Mediastudio works everytime. I should ask for my money back. Every helpful hint I get is completely different from the last. And any NTSC templates out there seem to be built by someone who's never laid eyes on anything but a SECAM broadcast.

ashy  2003-12-24 19:31:14 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Right Ok, first of all TMPG does not block any filters, but is designed to work with only certain ones for compatibility and if you would do your homework and check the features out in the TMPG download site you would have noticed the list of MPEG2 filters you can use, there are several.

Also if you want MPEG2 encoding ability aswell as MPEG2 decoding capability then if you purchase the TMPG plus version you will find it comes with it's own MPEG2 decoder.
However if you can't be assed to do either then try this codec which seems to be the best one to use with TMPG, now stop your bleeting:
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

Username  2004-01-05 10:48:17 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Right Ok, first of all TMPG does not block any filters,

Yes it does. In old versions the directshow reader support what directshow can do - the new versions do not. Ie, they are blacklisting certain filters (perhaps you have to pay the programmers extra, eh?)

> but is designed to work with only certain ones for compatibility

ie, it blacklists filters.

> and if you would do your homework and check the features out in the TMPG
>download site you would have noticed the list of MPEG2 filters you can use, >there are several.

Hidden in some obscure part of the 'revision history' it claims that the only filters it doesn't block are sony, ligos and cyberlink - however this is not true since i have a ligos codecs installed and it is ignored by the program.

>Also if you want MPEG2 encoding ability aswell as MPEG2 decoding capability

I have MPEG2 decoding capability, just not in Tmpgenc.

>then if you purchase the TMPG plus version you will find it comes with it's >own MPEG2 decoder.

I don't want its crappy decoder. But i guess that explains why they sabotage other codecs (to tray and sell their own).

>However if you can't be assed to do either then try this codec which seems to be the best one to use with TMPG, now stop your bleeting:
>http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

I don't see why i should be forced to use some amateur stuff (*) simply because tmpgenc blacklists mpeg2 directshow filters. (* if its not some amateur stuff, sorry - but since the page is filled with unreadable characters its hard to tell, and hardly up to the ligos quality)

I say, stop blacklisting codecs and bring back the original functionality of the Directshow Multimedia filereader!

ashy  2004-01-05 20:32:21 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Amatuer it certainly isn't.
This is one of the best MPEG2 decoders for TMPG there is. The quality is very high, the speed is high and easily on par with the ligos codec if not better.

Anyway I'm tired of your critism so I'll leave you to it.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.