TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 115 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Interlace/Non and Field Orders - Episode II joekillamofo 4 2003-10-30 21:43:57
Question Grayed-out Fields? Dirt Rider 1 2003-10-29 22:40:45
Question Aspect Ratio Egims 0 2003-10-29 14:44:54
Question Merge & Cut Gaffer 1 2003-10-29 22:46:05
Question Merge & Cut Gaffer 3 2003-10-29 22:52:59
Question Merging MPEG2 files problem JN 3 2003-10-29 22:49:44
Question Error during conversion Da Stinga 0 2003-10-29 09:48:16
Question what burning app with TMPGEnc corlius 2 2003-10-29 13:07:56
Question Interlace/Non and Field Orders joekillamofo 3 2003-10-29 12:00:14
Question Choppy playback smash 0 2003-10-28 21:24:51
Question mpeg4 wags 1 2003-10-29 01:23:32
Request Some nice features Andrey 1 2003-10-29 01:20:49

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 115 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Interlace/Non and Field Orders - Episode II No.39669
joekillamofo  2003-10-30 02:15:15 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, so I have gone over and over and over this. And over this.

Encoded both ways and the problem persists the slight jitter in the interlaced stuff.

Here is the problem, also, I am using a source that I had previously used before with success, I have narrowed it down a bit more for you folks...

The entire frame doesnt jitter, when I reduce the resolution CBR 2500 or something, where it would normally be 8000, most of the frame is smooth, but I can see jitter where the interlacing in the frames are, so now that its extremely low res it becomes smoother but that jitter is still in the edges of things...

I cannot deinterlace, wont happen, boss would lose his everloving mind if this thing got 1 ounce of blur in it. With that, I have tried Fields/Interlaced and non up the wazoo, I have come to the assumtion this isnt that kinda problem, partially because we had that problem before and it got fixed...

I am thinking its in the checkboxes in the GOP settings and quantize matrix settings, but as I havent gotten very into learning the really gritty details of what those checkboxes mean, I am still in the dark as to what I am doing with them. If you guys could point me in the direction of some laymans explanations of those boxes it would be a help, I will search the forum for explanations in the meantime. (which I now am slapping myself for not doing already)

Joe

joekillamofo  2003-10-30 16:41:25 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, when I interlace it, it comes through on the other end double interlaced or something, basically it has fatter interlacing rather than the normal stuff, the lines are like double the thickness...

I was thinking that it might be my DVD burning software but as I am telling it not to de/remux it, then it should just leave the thing alone and use the file as is... Again I am confused because the noninterlaced stuff thats mixed in with the interlaced stuff is playing just fine!?!? And it all worked before?!?

Joe

joekillamofo  2003-10-30 20:25:56 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, when I interlace it, it comes through on the other end double interlaced or something, basically it has fatter interlacing rather than the normal stuff, the lines are like double the thickness...

I was thinking that it might be my DVD burning software but as I am telling it not to de/remux it, then it should just leave the thing alone and use the file as is... Again I am confused because the noninterlaced stuff thats mixed in with the interlaced stuff is playing just fine!?!? And it all worked before?!?

Joe

ashy  2003-10-30 21:05:51 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What frame rate is the source?
It seems like this material has some sort of telecine added to the interlaced stuff.
This mixing of interlaced and non interlaced is quite common to anime films which are hybrids just like your source and are notoriously difficult to encode.

This page may help ( click IVTC For NTSC and then scroll down to the part about ANIME and THE DREADED HYBRIDS):

http://www.doom9.org/ivtc-tut.htm

Minion  2003-10-30 21:43:57 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually when I get this Type of Problem I use an Adaptive de-interlacer that will Just de-interlace the Parts that need it and a sharpen Filter to overcome any Blurryness caused from De-interlaceing....Just a Thought....

Question - Grayed-out Fields? No.39667
Dirt Rider  2003-10-29 19:06:32 ( ID:pmrd0vcj1.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using the plug-in from videotools.net to integrate tmpgenc with Premiere, to encode web .mpg directly from the edit window.

I am trying to get the file size down, but the main TMPGEnc panel is all "grayed" out and I can't adjust bitrate and other parameters?

ashy  2003-10-29 22:40:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load the unlock.mcf template.

Question - Aspect Ratio No.39666
Egims  2003-10-29 14:44:54 ( ID:g8bsnd73m.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know this question has been beaten to death, but would appreciate some guidance.

I am attempting to record some home videos onto Video CD's. Is this the correct way to do it and have them display correctly on a typical 4x3 ratio TV.

1) Record the video digitally at 320x240, 30fps, NTSC format.
2) Using TMPGEnc, select MPEG-1 (which is 352x240) and as a "Source Aspect Ratio" select 4:3 525 line (NTSC), and for "Video Arrange Method" select Full Screen (keep aspect ratio)

Because I did this, and the result seems correctly perportioned and nice, but on computer it appears like the 320x240 movie is contained in the center of a 352x240 box with black borders on the right and left, and narrow black borders on the top and bottom. What I am wondering is if...when I play the video CD in my DVD player, on my 4:3 TV screen, it will attempt to display the movie as 352x240, which will either create a black border at the top and bottom of my TV screen, or will it squish the 352x240 to full screen and distort the 320x240 movie it contains, OR will it just display the 320x240 movie full screen on my TV to perfection!

Thanks

Question - Merge & Cut No.39664
Gaffer  2003-10-29 12:05:44 ( ID:jbf9z1zvmic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 1.3G file that I am trying to cut to fit on two 80 minute CDs. I used edit in MPEG tools and managed to set the start as 0 and the end as 1 hour 18 minutes for the first one. But it will not let me set the start as 1 hour 18 minutes and the end as last. I also notice in the scroll bar at the bottom of the edit screen is blank. Are there any options that I need to turn on/off in order to make this bit work. I always seem to have trouble with this part in the edit screen. If I press the play button the movie plays OK, but I can not use the scroll bar to move to the frame I want to. As soon as I click on the scroll bar the movie stops and the marker doesn't move with the mouse.

Minion  2003-10-29 22:46:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Tmpgenc Editor can be buggy at times...Download this: "http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.42.lzh" it has a Simple Mpeg editor that you can use to Cut Mpeg files, hopefully this will work better than the Tmpgenc editor...Cheers

Question - Merge & Cut No.39660
Gaffer  2003-10-29 11:53:56 ( ID:jbf9z1zvmic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 1.3G file that I am trying to cut to fit on two 80 minute CDs. I used edit in MPEG tools and managed to set the start as 0 and the end as 1 hour 18 minutes for the first one. But it will not let me set the start as 1 hour 18 minutes and the end as last. I also notice in the scroll bar at the bottom of the edit screen is blank. Are there any options that I need to turn on/off in order to make this bit work. I always seem to have trouble with this part in the edit screen. If I press the play button the movie plays OK, but I can not use the scroll bar to move to the frame I want to. As soon as I click on the scroll bar the movie stops and the marker doesn't move with the mouse.

ashy  2003-10-29 12:03:15 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it MPEG2?

gaffer  2003-10-29 12:23:01 ( ID:jbf9z1zvmic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, Yes it is mpeg2.

ashy  2003-10-29 22:52:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This problem can be related to the MPEG2 codec that TMPG is using to decode the file.
Do you know which ones you have installed in Windows?

Uninstall any others and try this one here: http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

If that doesn't work then try this one:
http://www.kehuelga.org/video/dvd/app/freedvd.zip

Question - Merging MPEG2 files problem No.39656
JN  2003-10-29 10:15:44 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have many MPEG2 files, all were enconded in TMPGEnc. I'm sure, that they differ only in length. Here's description of one of them from utility AVIcodec:
File : 87 MB (86 MB), duration: 0:04:58, type: MPG, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 72 %
Video : 78 MB, 2200 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 352*288 (16:9), MPG2 = MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD), Supported
Audio : 7.98 MB, 224 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0], Supported

I need to merge them into one single file. When I try to do this in TMPGEnc, several files report this error:
File _.mpg is not compatible with other MPEG file. Why ? Every file was encoded the same way.

ashy  2003-10-29 11:38:58 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it's no good just posting the specs of one file. You need to post the other file you are trying to merge with it so we can compare and see what the problem is.

JN  2003-10-29 14:47:40 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's the point, the files differ only in length. OK, there's 2nd file, which is good. The file described in first post reports error.

File : 82 MB (80 MB), duration: 0:04:40, type: MPG, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 72 %
Video : 73 MB, 2200 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 352*288 (16:9), MPG2 = MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD), Supported
Audio : 7.48 MB, 224 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0], Supported

If you know any other utility, which can tell me more about that file, I can try it. Uploading whole file somewhere or sending via e-mail would be problem. Maybe a few bytes from header will do. Just ask.

Minion  2003-10-29 22:49:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had Problem mergeing files with Tmpgenc also, even files that are exactly the same...I would sudgest useing a Real Mpeg editor like "Mpeg2VCR" you can download an older full version at h**p://www.apachez.net in the tools section....

Question - Error during conversion No.39655
Da Stinga  2003-10-29 09:48:16 ( ID:5zeuqmqixz. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yo,

When i try to convert a file using this program i get the error "Read error occured at address 00011EE3 of module "TMPGEnc.exe" with 911F9005". Are thre any solutions to this? I'm trying to convert a .d2v video file and .wav audio file into a NTSC VCD file, although this has happened before.

Thanks,

Stinga

Question - what burning app with TMPGEnc No.39652
corlius  2003-10-29 09:16:23 ( ID:aknw1a/kqxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are good DVD burning apps to use with TMPGEnc? I have DVDIt at the moment but are also interested in getting TMPGEnc DVD Author. I have downloaded Cheetah DVD burner as well.

thanks

giba  2003-10-29 10:32:18 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The moment I heard of TMPGenc DVD Auth I bought it, based on my good opinion of the TMPGEnc Plus encoder. I have made more than 50 dvds up to now without any major problem. I keep to simple menues. I tried the moving menues just to see (I don't need that). Tried to specify AC3 audio once for fun. Have backuped some old bilingual VHS (work nicely). My burner is a Sony I got last April (work well with the burning engine included with TMPGenc DVD Auth).
There are regular updates of the programs.
The forum is not really busy but this prove the good quality of the program.
The authoring program that came as a freebee with the burner I bought last April (along with other junk) was a pure waste of time and nerve.
Good luck !

giba  2003-10-29 13:07:56 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The moment I heard of TMPGenc DVD Auth I bought it, based on my good opinion of the TMPGEnc Plus encoder. I have made more than 50 dvds up to now without any major problem. I keep to simple menues. I tried the moving menues just to see (I don't need that). Tried to specify AC3 audio once for fun. Have backuped some old bilingual VHS (work nicely). My burner is a Sony I got last April (work well with the burning engine included with TMPGenc DVD Auth).
There are regular updates of the programs.
The forum is not really busy but this prove the good quality of the program.
The authoring program that came as a freebee with the burner I bought last April (along with other junk) was a pure waste of time and nerve.
Good luck !

Question - Interlace/Non and Field Orders No.39648
joekillamofo  2003-10-29 01:54:33 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is my problem:

I am trying to encode a TGA sequence and getting nothing but trouble.

The trouble is what I found over and over again on this board, slight jerky motion, only on interlaced frames. When playing in WMP (Windows Media Player) its so slight you can barely tell its there, the second it hits my DVD Player its crazy screwed.

The source has Interlaced and Non Interlaced frames in it, basically I am writing them out from a Velocity (editing system) some of the video is coming from TV some from film, some from game cinematics, so basically its a miserable source and there is nothing I can do about that.

So I am treating the whole thing as though its non interlaced.

Its acting like the fielding is bad, but I have tried every combination I can till my head is spinning, interlaced and non with source and output as well as reversing the fields back and forth.

Summing, NonInterlaced works like a charm, its only the interlaced stuff thats screwed... I simply dont get it. I actually had this working a few months back but didnt save any settings and havent played with it in that time so I forgot it all anyhow.

Joe

B_Racer  2003-10-29 08:43:02 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't mix interlaced and non interlaced Video and encode it in progressive Mode.
You have two choices:
Deinterlace the interlaced Part and encode progressive.
Encode all the Stuff in interlaced Mode (the better choice).

ashy  2003-10-29 11:57:40 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe you should just use an area based or adaptive de-interlacer such as the ones that come with AVIsynth or Virtualdub.
These work by looking for interlace lines in each individual frame and therefore will only de-interlace the frames needed to be de-interlaced. You can then simply frame serve the material to TMPG.

Encoding all as interlaced should work as the field order is correct. If it doesn't then maybe you should try frame serving through AVisynth or Virtualdub anyway to see if it handles it any better.

ashy  2003-10-29 12:00:14 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Correction:
>Encoding all as interlaced should work as the field order is correct
Encoding all as interlaced should work as long as the field order is correct.

Question - Choppy playback No.39647
smash  2003-10-28 21:24:51 ( ID:e2uts.txn3w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I just got a new home theater [I had a multi format read-everything no name DVD player before]. Most of my SVCDs work fine - I encoded those back at my parent's house. And now I can't encode a single working SVCD at my computer using the same exact software and same CD-Rs. I don't know if it's a burner, or TMPGEnc, or Nero but here's what happens. I burn the 1st part of the movie on a disk and that disk usually reads fine on my theater which is by the way Panasonic SC-HT700 and then the 2nd part of the movie encoded and burned in the same exact way doesn't [there's digital lines all over the screen and sound gets distorted - unwatchable]. I just don't know what the problem is - 1st part reads fine but it's always the 2nd CD that's choppy [same exact DivX]. Help anyone?

Question - mpeg4 No.39645
wags  2003-10-28 19:40:57 ( ID:mzg35rdguih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i load my avi in tmpg plus i get error of illegal at mp43mod.dll. ican play this in win media, any help please?

Minion  2003-10-29 01:23:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds like an error in your Mpeg4 codec, Maybe try re-installing the Mpeg4 codec or installing "FFDShow Decoder" and configure it to decode Mpeg-4 files...Cheers

Request - Some nice features No.39643
Andrey  2003-10-28 18:39:21 ( ID:h0iqovvmmdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i checked site of BitVice MPEG encoder ( http://www.innobits.com )and i found sone nice features to implement:

1. Adaptive GOP structure
2. Net Server based compressor engine EPC/UNIX/MAC clients

what do you think?

Minion  2003-10-29 01:20:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That encoder seems to only be For Mac and allmost all encoders use an adaptive GOP structure cuz all Gop structures vary somewhat depending on the source file, That encoder doesn"t seem like anything really special and it doesn"t seem to have any thing really that much different than other High end encoders but being on the Mac Platform I guess we will never know...Cheers

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.