TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 136 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Audio Problem After Editing Kian3001 1 2003-08-28 22:29:02
Request A TMPGenc Video Editor? BW 0 2003-08-28 04:49:02
Question How do I correctly switch the System Language? Doe 4 2003-09-14 19:21:17
Question VCD Video freeZing Z crazy 2 2003-08-28 22:19:48
Question Encoding Quicktime reference to MPEG-2 luky 2 2003-09-07 20:02:09
Question Resume an encode if machine dies?? gratner 3 2003-08-28 14:40:07
Question Pointer Error Sparqee1 2 2003-08-27 10:14:53
Question How to encode .srt subtitles? James X. 1 2003-08-27 10:15:50
Question good video no audio rsaige 1 2003-08-27 01:09:50
Question Good Video, No audio Sparqee1 1 2003-08-27 01:00:49
Question Quality/Detailed Tutorial Electric_Soul 7 2003-09-09 16:16:06
Bug report Bad Total Time milan 5 2003-08-28 14:55:39

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 136 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Audio Problem After Editing No.38842
Kian3001  2003-08-28 19:03:49 ( ID:js0ne9zjlyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, after i've edited a scene at the end of my movie, audio sync goes out by about 1 second. Other edits have been fine. The audio is uncompressed to wav.
Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

Minion  2003-08-28 22:29:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean you edited a Scene out of your Movie?? Useing what Editor??? You can"t use the "Merge & Cut" to edit mpeg files with Wav audio ,If you are talking about the Source Range"s "Cut Editing" then I would sugest editing the Scenes after encodeing the file or even better is to edit the Source file before encodeing, If it is an AVI file then Virtual Dub is good for editing AVI files....

Request - A TMPGenc Video Editor? No.38841
BW  2003-08-28 04:49:02 ( ID:rihoxasgx3r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It'd be really really great if someone (either the folks here or at Pega Sys) wrote a full featured video editor. Something along the lines of Adobe Premiere, with a timeline, ability to cut/paste and rearrange parts of videos, etc.. and add some basic transitions/effects. Commercial video editing software like Premiere is too expensive and not worth it (especially since now it's only for XP), and other free software like that pretty much sucks. The programmers who made TMPGenc and TMPGenc DVD Author can definately write a great video editor, and I'd be perfectly willing to pay a reasonable price for one.

Question - How do I correctly switch the System Language? No.38836
Doe  2003-08-28 02:55:33 ( ID:pnrolcsyvhr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm running Japanese Windows 98SE, and would like TMPGEnc to run in the English language. I've downloaded and installed TMPGEnc-2.520.54.163-Free, and when run it's automatically set itself to Japanese language. Under Options -> Language there's only a selection for "Automatic," no other languages. I read elsewhere on the BBS that a variable in the TMPGENC.ini file can vary the language, quoted from ASHY; "...open the TMPGenc.ini file in the TMPG folder
Under [SYSTEM] change the 'Language ID' to: LanguageID=1033." Though, when I open TMPGENC.ini, there is nowhere the line '[SYSTEM]' nor 'LanguageID'. Any help's much obliged!

Thanks,

-D.

ashy  2003-08-28 14:17:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's because that option isn't added to the TMPGenc.ini file until the first time you choose a different language.
You will need to add it manually.

Open the TMPGenc.ini file then copy and paste the lines below:

[System]
LanguageID=1033

Now save it and close the file.

I don't if this will work on Japanese Windows or whether windows will just force the Japanese language.

Doe  2003-08-29 21:35:32 ( ID:8oosy.yqewj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Added the line, but it's no difference. At first when I re-opened the .ini after trying it, I thought the program had cut it right off the bottom, but a second look found that it'd been moved up to between [Form.MainForm] and [Tools.QuantizeMatrix], as if it's recognized. However, it's still stuck in Japanese..

Doe  2003-09-12 23:38:47 ( ID:9a7jkhbxvjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bump..

ashy  2003-09-14 19:21:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you fall over....LOL

Question - VCD Video freeZing No.38833
Z crazy  2003-08-28 01:40:06 ( ID:hs9qev4.9bo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm REAL new to video work so please bare with me. I made a VCD from an AVI I had that plays fine on my computer but the disk I made keeps freezing when I play it in my DVD player. If I fast forward a little it resumes ok but a few minutes later it does it again. At the end of the movie the sound was WAY out of sync with the video. Any help I can get would be great!
Thanks,
Z

ashy  2003-08-28 15:00:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok two things may be causing this.

One is you may not have formatted this MPEG correctly.
When you create a VCD you must use the correct VCD template. If you did, but you split the MPEG then you need to choose the correct stream type when doing so, you need to select 'MPEG1 VideoCD' DO NOT leave it at default.

Second, do not burn the disk at high speed, you nearly always get problems with MPEGs that are burned too fast. Use a low speed, 4x is best if you can.
Make sure you burn the disk as a VCD not a data disk.

BTW which burning program are you using?

Minion  2003-08-28 22:19:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also Bitrate Spikes Can cause this Effect but there isn"t much you can do about it if you are useing the standard VCD templat...Tmpgenc has really bad bitrate controll and I rescently make a Standard VCD for My Brother useing Tmpgenc and his DVD Player had the same effect as yours accept worse ,So I used a Different encoder to encode the movie(MainConcept-1.31) and the Movie Played Perfectly in his Player....Cheers

Question - Encoding Quicktime reference to MPEG-2 No.38830
luky  2003-08-27 19:56:35 ( ID:gfdtncuftt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have one problem when i try to encode from a quicktime reference file. Well, i will explain. I edit with Avid DV, and then i export the video as a quicktime reference (i have to say that the videos are long and it's not "possible" to export as an avi file), and try encode the video with TMPGEnc 2.5 with the quicktime "plugin". When I just click browse and select the quiktime file, TMPGEnc closes without giving any message or error.

In my opinion, it could be that the "plug-in" does not support quiktime 6.0 file format. (I think the .mov format has been changed in the last version).

Does anybody have the same problem? If so, please write me, or better post here the solution, if you have one.

Another thing, the plug-in is not oficial. It would be interesting to write a official one, so we could report and correct bugs, and also stay "up to date".

I have no problems when encoding a normal quicktime file or other formats.

Luky

Minion  2003-08-27 21:15:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No the Plugin Does Not Support Quicktime 6 ,The Plugin was written by someone who has no connection to Tmpgenc and it was written about 2 years ago and only supports Quicktime 4 and 5 .. A couple of Poeple Have been able to get the Plugin to work in a Limited way But it is Not reliable, and the Plugin will not be Updated unless someone with some codeing abilities takes it upon them selves to rewrite the Plugin...What I would sugest is to use an Encoder that Fully supports Quicktime Files Like CCE SP 2.67 which is a Better Mpeg2 encoder than Tmpgenc and it is Many times Faster than Tmpgenc, But it is also Very expensive at $2000 unless you can find a Hacked version....good Luck....Cheers

luky  2003-09-07 20:02:09 ( ID:gfdtncuftt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok. I found the problem. I'll explain what was happening.

(Minion)I'm not sure if the plug-in fully works with QuickTime 6, I have not tested it yet, actually I'm running Quicktime 5. But that wasn't the main issue.

The plugin has no problems when importing working with QuickTime reference files. The problem was that when I exported the QuickTime reference file I have the "Avid DV Codec" option enabled. You should have this option DISABLED. This will not have any effect on the quality of the video. It will be the same quality.

I think that you can (I have not tested it), install the Avid DV codec, in some way and use it when exporting. I think that it isn't necessay,so If you have problems just desactivate the option.

I have been searching for the right tools and the code of the actual plug-in, to see if I can do something (I'm not an expert programmer but I think It could be done, with some help.) but I havent found them. If anyone knows how to update the plug-in, please post it here. Maybe it could be interesting to start a project at SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/) to get some help.

I insist that TMPEG Enc is interested in developing as many plugins as possible, so it can be used in many situations.

Thanks to eveybody,

Luky

Question - Resume an encode if machine dies?? No.38826
gratner  2003-08-27 16:55:48 ( ID:aysgsvmziaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was doing a 50 hour encode and the power went out with approximately 7 hours left. Needless to say I am not happy.

Why doesn't TMPEGEnc have the ability to resume an encode if the machine hangs or power is lost?

Also, it would be nice to have a "pause" button too since there are times when I would want to temporarily stop the encode in order to use the machine to do something else.

I am a paying customer, btw.

Thanks,
Glenn

Minion  2003-08-27 21:07:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No there is No way to resume encodeing were you left off, No Encoder has this Feature probably because it is Impossible to Implement..What you either have to do is Use the "Source Range" to Start encodeing again a Frame after were you left off then Join the 2 files together with the "Merge & Cut" ..You either must be encodeing a Really long movie or you have a Really slow PC if it is Takeing your 50 Hours to encode a Movie, It takes Me about 3 hours to encode a 2 hour Movie useing Tmpgenc and only an hour useing CCE, Maybe you should Upgrade your PC as you can do it Really Cheap, You can probably upgrade to a 2ghz PC for about $100-$150 US, Cuz I"m sure you have better things to do that wait 2 days just to encode a Movie, ...Cheers

gratner  2003-08-27 22:35:23 ( ID:aysgsvmziaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I'm encoding using 2-pass VBR and also using Noise Reduction since I'm recording a 3 hour football game from VHS. I want the best quality I can get.

I have a pretty fast machine... an AMD XP2400 with 512mb of RAM.

So unless I'm doing incredibly wrong, it should take this long.. correct?

ashy  2003-08-28 14:40:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

50 hours!
Jaysus I wouldn't even bother, 2 days to encode any movie is just far too long especially on a fairly fast PC.

My guess is you are trying to optimize everthing to the hilt resulting in a pointless and seriously long encoding time.

Don't bother with 2 pass, honestly 'Constant quality(CQ)' will give better results in most cases at half the time, so thats now 25 hours, next DO NOT use the HIGHEST quality setting for motion search. It is well know by the more experienced of us here that there is no percievable difference between just HIGH and HIGHEST apart from doubling the encode time, so that's now only 12 hours.

Next forget about using TMPG's noise reduction, this filter works in a colour space which is far too slow. Your best bet is to use the Virtualdub VHS Flaxen filter which is specially desigen for cleaning up VHS and works really well.
Download here: http://flaxen.dynip.com/vdf/fxvhs/

Also read the online help for tips how to use it, but usually the default is good enough, just enable the Stabilize, Noise reduction and Sharpen boxes, but leave the settings at default.

Once you have loaded the source file into Virtualdub and added the filter you will have to frame serve it to TMPG. You can find info how to do this in the Virtualdub help files.

This should cut down the encode time another half, so that's now 6 hours or probably even less which is more or less what it should be not 50 hours because that is just ridiculous and unecessary.

Question - Pointer Error No.38823
Sparqee1  2003-08-27 06:40:51 ( ID:rvfhv70m8or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert a avi file at the end of the operation I get a "pointer Error" window pops up. Anybody have any ideas what this is and what to do to eliminate it in the future.

Sparqee1  2003-08-27 06:48:00 ( ID:rvfhv70m8or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>When I try to convert a avi file at the end of the operation I get a "invalid pointer Operation" Error-window pops up. Anybody have any ideas what this is and what to do to eliminate it in the future.

ashy  2003-08-27 10:14:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>When I try to convert a avi file at the end of the operation I get a "pointer Error" window pops up. Anybody have any ideas what this is and what to do to eliminate it in the future.

Just thought I'd repost it too seeing as you are.

Question - How to encode .srt subtitles? No.38821
James X.  2003-08-27 06:10:44 ( ID:gyh0mvj8cu2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me the step by step method of encoding a divx file with a matching .srt subtitle file?

Thanks for any help.

ashy  2003-08-27 10:15:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

www.dvdrhelp.com

Question - good video no audio No.38819
rsaige  2003-08-27 00:01:37 ( ID:f/mgva6hmdl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I to have this same problem with no audio but good video not all the time tho
some files are fine but others wont encode the video i can find no commonallities in the files in the properties window all help would be appreciated

Minion  2003-08-27 01:09:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well read the Answer below for dealing with No audio and for No video you should First try useing the FFDShow Decoder as your Video Codec instead of useing Divx or XviD codec, that is if you are trying to encode from Divx,XviD,Mpeg4 formats..and you should try raiseing the Priority of the "Direct show file Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" to "2", this will usually fix a Unsupported file error or haveing no video in the encoded file...

Question - Good Video, No audio No.38817
Sparqee1  2003-08-26 22:42:18 ( ID:wwucbh.zdgc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert AVI to MPEG. I get a outstanding picture without any sound. I tried it with winmpg and the video stunk but the audio was great. I want to get this one working due to the better video. What can I do to get audio. I want to eventually get from avi to dvd using author to encode and burn. Thats my ultimate goal. Please help

Minion  2003-08-27 01:00:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Audio format in your AVI file is Probably of a Format that Tmpgenc does Not Support, Probably either AC3 audio or VBR Mp3, What you need to do is extract the audio from the AVI file to Wav format, There are a Few ways to do this But I rescently started to use a Little Utility called "Decompress.exe" that Decompresses the audio from AVI files to WAV format..But I would also sugest that if the Audio in your AVI file is AC3 audio that you should try to Keep it as AC3 as that is the Best Format for DVD, I think you can Use a program called AVI-Mux that should(I actually can"t remember at this Moment) be able to extract the Audio as AC3 which you can use in your DVD authoring Program as your Audio Track, So all you need to do is Just keep the Mpeg video file that you allready have then Extract the audio from your AVI then Load them seperately into your DVD authoring Program to Make a DVD as Most good authoring Programs accept Seperate audio and Video streams.....

Question - Quality/Detailed Tutorial No.38809
Electric_Soul  2003-08-26 21:49:08 ( ID:oiwedssihhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello

I checked TMPGEnc and I use a Constant bitrate of 2520. Still...... some frames do look really bad.

How can I avoid such mistakes? 12a did not make such mistakes.

I guess I have to play around with the GOP Structure.....but I do not know how to use it.

I hope somebody can help me.

Adios

Minion  2003-08-26 22:24:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Encodeing SVCD then you should leave the GOP structure alone accept to maybe change the Length of the gop to between 12 and 18 frames,And make sure the "Motion Precition Search" is set to "High Quality" but if it is allready set to High Quality and if some frames look Bad at 2520kbs then it is probably because your Source file is Of Low Quality cuz a Good Quality source file should look Quite good if encoded to SVCD at 2520KBS ,I have used Bitrates Much Lower than that and still have files turn out with Pristene Quality when useing Good Quality source files..You should clean up any noisy source files before you load them into Tmpgenc Cuz when an encoder encodes Noisy Files to mpeg it spends a Lot of Bits Trying to Encode the Noise and you will end up with low Quality Mpeg files....

Electric_Soul  2003-08-27 13:51:26 ( ID:oiwedssihhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Source file is Of Low Quality

Naaaa... I checked the frames. Everything is cool. The source is a DV file(exported from Premiere using avisynth) The bad frames even appear when nothing big happens. No scene changes or something. This is driving me nuts.

Now I've got an even bigger problem.
Me and a friend made a movie and a part of it has slow motion in it. TMPGEnc screws this part up really bad. The flow of the pictures becomes really jerky. It looks like 6 pictures/sec. Why does this happen. ???

I hope you can give me some hints.

Bye

Electric_Soul  2003-08-27 16:08:26 ( ID:epaebkz4gxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh.... the Slow motion part is not real slow motion.

We took a scene and streched the timeline a bit(Adobe Premiere). Well Tmpgenc has it's difficulties with this speacil effect.

Hmmmm

this sucks big time.

hope you can help

Bye

Minion  2003-08-27 21:17:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well how is this Stretching done in Premier??? Is it done By Slowing down the Frame rate???

Peter  2003-08-27 21:48:56 ( ID:3bcbppyctk. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Stretching in Premiere does not affect the framerate. If you have a second and stretch it to four seconds, you will get 100 frames instead of the original 25 (under PAL). Electric Soul, put some details on this BBS on what format of mpg you try to create (probably SVCD with a framerate of 2520, PAL or NTSC, etc) and I am sure someone will be willing to send you an appropriate template for the settings. I will check the BBS every now and then.

Cheers, Peter

Minion  2003-08-30 23:43:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well If premier Keeps the same Frame rate while doing slow Motion then that is Probably why you are getting Jumpy and Choppy Video in the Slow Mo Parts..Premier has to Duplicate frames to keep the Frame rate the same when slowing down the video so the duplicate frames will give a Jumpy effect, But if you could for instance took the 30fps file and then slowed down the video by cutting the Frame rate to 15fps bu then seperated the fields and made each field a Frame Like a Bob Filter does then the Video would be smooth and in slow Motion and at 30fps, You could do this with AVISynth and get a Much better result....Just a Thought....

Electric_Soul  2003-09-09 16:16:06 ( ID:epaebkz4gxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You could do this with AVISynth and get a Much better result....Just a Thought....

Hmm..hello again. Well...... I do not know how to use AviSynth. There must be some other way.

I try CCE or something.

Thanks

Bug report - Bad Total Time No.38803
milan  2003-08-26 15:57:57 ( ID:iabs1ad70a2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After encoding from AVI (codec DV produced by Pinnacle) to SVCD (PAL) various bitrate has mpg file bad Total Time, as can be seen in Windows Media Player.

ashy  2003-08-26 16:25:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is liklely not a bug, but some other error.
For a start Mediaplayer is crap for MPEG files especially MPEG2 SVCD, use a proper MPEG player such as WinDVD.

A little more info on what the problem is would be also helpful.

Milan  2003-08-27 09:28:23 ( ID:iabs1ad70a2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bad time is also in other player (Power DVD, desktop DVD player). Power DVD play video well, but if I try to change position it colaps. On DVD player the build skips especially in second half.

ashy  2003-08-27 10:20:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What settings did you use for encoding the AVI to MPEG?
I.E. bitrate, res, GOP structure anything else tha's relevant.

Has this happened before or is it just this one file?

Minion  2003-08-27 21:21:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I have dencoded a Few Movies that ended up with the Wrong Time code in the File but was able to fix this With Mpeg2VCR"s GOP Fixer, it fixes and Audio PTS and Gop Time code errors so the File shown the Proper Time when Playing and editing the File...Maybe this is what you need???...

Milan  2003-08-28 14:55:39 ( ID:iabs1ad70a2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried various setings (CQ and constant bitrate). Sometimes total time was zero. But it depended on bitrate. Other setings was default for SVCD-PAL. My friend had the same problem.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.