TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 148 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Encoding Error at 97% PLUGTOP 2 2003-07-26 23:58:17
Question Freezing images at the end Chuck 4 2003-07-26 10:33:26
Question NOTHING TO OUTPUT BFRAME DECODER LAG lisa 1 2003-07-25 22:20:50
Question Fade video in and out? Ourlair 4 2003-07-25 23:51:48
Question HELP! Proplem with TMPGE filmguy 1 2003-07-24 21:10:07
Question Tmpgenc not reading entire AVI file mroberts 4 2003-07-25 17:24:10
Question About video and audio on MPEG1 file (VCD) LucManc 3 2003-07-25 19:26:57
Question Strange Goings on with Smart Ripper bigbrian 3 2003-07-24 09:45:00
Question SVCD volume John 5 2003-07-24 02:25:28
Question avi conversions nepohyte 1 2003-07-24 02:29:42
Question Screen Resolution Sakuya 2 2003-07-25 04:44:50
Question Error Blaze 3 2003-07-23 22:41:55

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 148 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Encoding Error at 97% No.38292
PLUGTOP  2003-07-25 12:02:00 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I use tmpeg to convert avi to mpg2 it freezes at around 97%, always where the end credits are. I get messages of invalid pointer error.

Can anyone help on this one please

Thanks

Minion  2003-07-25 21:18:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there could be an error in your AVI file at the Point were it is crashing, especially if it is a file you downloaded off the net as they are easilly corrupted, you can try to use the "Source Range" to start encodeing again a few frames after were it crashes then join the 2 files together with the "Merge & Cut" But if it is only the Credits you are Missing then you might just take it as it is as No one likes Credits....

PLUGTOP  2003-07-26 23:58:17 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the help, I'll try the source range:)

Question - Freezing images at the end No.38287
Chuck  2003-07-25 11:58:37 ( ID:acqjqtor5m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I convert my AVIs to MPG in order to see them in VCD PAL format non standard (XCD I´d daresay). I use 2pass-VBR or CBR indistinctly, using the wizard to get the best control of BR<->MB in the final table. Then burn mi MPG file in Nero.
The results are fine when I use 80Min CDROMs. But when I burn a 90Min CDROM (to get more cuality in large films), and view the results in the DVD player, at the end of the film there are a lot of moments with freezed images (without sound) that last from some instant to 2-3 seconds. That happens whatever the DVD player I use (all of them with a great VCD-SVCD standard and not standard compatibility).
Why?

Torque  2003-07-25 18:45:17 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Same over here.

I blame it on the 90min CDs. They're not quite standard and therefore the DVD-Player has problems reading them always a 100%!
I found a workaround and that is burning them at a resonable speed (8-12).

That sounds strange but does the job ...

I had this problem predominately with NERO!

Cheers!

Minion  2003-07-25 21:14:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I would Blame it on the Disks or your DVD Players lack of ability to Play over standard sized disks, and you should ALLWAYS Burn (S)VCD"s at a Low speed, usually about 4 or 8 speed Max as (S)VCD"s have no error correction so Burning at high spped will cause a Lot of errors to occur...

ashy  2003-07-25 22:15:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>That sounds strange but does the job ...

MPEGs should not be burned at high speed and that means any higher than 6x.
4x is the ideal speed for MPEGs and is the most compatible speed. 8x may work fine on one player, but take it from me it won't work on all I have learned this through experience.

>I had this problem predominately with NERO!

In my experience and the tests I have done it doesn't make a difference what burning software you use.
It is the burner you use, the disks and the speed you burn which are the main factors.

Chuck  2003-07-26 10:33:26 ( ID:acqjqtor5m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. I burned at 12x my 90Min disks. From now I´ll burn at 4x.
What things I´ve to do to get my films in only one CDROM!

Question - NOTHING TO OUTPUT BFRAME DECODER LAG No.38285
lisa  2003-07-24 22:39:29 ( ID:t901tzjawoc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've a AVI which I want to convert to mpg before burning it to a SVCD. The problem I have is, it displays:
"WARNING: NOTHING TO OUTPUT BFRAME DECODER LAG"
when I try to load it as video source with TMPGEnc.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

ashy  2003-07-25 22:20:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This sound like it may be a codec problem to me.
Download and install FFDSHOW.
If your AVI is XVID then make sure FFDSHOW is configured to decode XVID files by ticking the relevant option.

Question - Fade video in and out? No.38280
Ourlair  2003-07-24 21:39:41 ( ID:jlikdiyuws6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see a way to fade in the audio at the beginning and fade it out at the end but what I really need is to fade bioth the audio and the video in and out. Is this possible?

Minion  2003-07-24 21:55:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do not think it is Possible in Tmpgenc..You would have to use a seperate video editor that has this feature...

wcpaul  2003-07-25 18:27:34 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVISynth (www.avisynth.org) can do this with built-in commands.

Certain people go ballistic when I post AVIsynth techniques without every minute detail spelled out so you are on your own from here.

Minion  2003-07-25 21:09:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is why I didn"t Mention it as I don"t feel Like writeing a Book right now..cheers

Chuck  2003-07-25 23:51:48 ( ID:acqjqtor5m2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. I burned at 12x my 90Min disks. From now I´ll burn at 4x.
What things I´ve to do to get my films in only one CDROM!

Question - HELP! Proplem with TMPGE No.38278
filmguy  2003-07-24 16:31:07 ( ID:c/otyu4g/xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the TMPGE program after editing my video in Adobe Premiere. The files are in DV-avi format and look perfect when recording back to mini-dv or vhs. My problem is when converting to Mpeg-2 format for dvd the program seems to do something to the image. It becomes pixelated and the color (especially in the background) looks as if it bring the pixels out. It's hard to explain exact what it look slike but it's almost vcd quality.
The dv-avs files i have used are in 720X480 res and I set it to the same settings when converting. Any suggestions because I'm confused.

Thanks

Minion  2003-07-24 21:10:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there are a Few things that can Give your Image a Low Quality Pixelated Appearance..Like not haveing the Bitrate high enough, For DVD"s the Minimum Bitrate shouldn"t go below say 3000kbs and should average about 5000-6000kbs, and if you have the "Motion Precition Search" set to "High Quality" (Not highest)..and if your source footage has a Lot of Noise in it then the encoder will waste a Lot of Bits encodeing the Noise so if you have a Lot of Noise you should try to filter it out ....good Luck

Question - Tmpgenc not reading entire AVI file No.38273
mroberts  2003-07-24 15:03:12 ( ID:lgfoxxsfnw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert a DV AVI (Sony Camcorder) to Mpeg1/2. The problem is the clip is about 5:55 minutes, but Tmpgenc can only read about 4:56 minutes of it. Premier and MediaStudio can read the entire file. I have recaptured the file several times (through Premier). Thoughts?

Thanks

SLU IMC  2003-07-24 19:58:42 ( ID:bko7w0le.om )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

We too are experincing this same problem. Our video freezes at about 4:40 and the audio keeps playing. The video then picks back up about one minute latter. As long as the avi is long enough, it always picks back up. This has been tested with several different captures, on two different computers (both have the same harware/software setup). We are using a Pinnicle DV 500 and Premire 6 on Win 2000. We use Pinnicle's DV Tools for capturing. We get the same problem wether or not we bring the avi into Premier before we try to convert it. We have been using various versions of Windows Media Player to play both the avi's and the mpg's.

Anybody else????

Minion  2003-07-24 21:03:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you Tried going into the "source Range" settings and Seeing if you can set it to encode the file from beginning to end..This has worked with simular problems in the Past...

yeppie  2003-07-25 00:20:11 ( ID:aaot8/jjgr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the opposite problem once: the encoder time was bigger then the avi length. I solved it with one run of the wizzard instead of loading it directly. Perhaps that solves your problem too. Haven't come across it in 2.520 though.
Cheer,
Hendrik

mroberts  2003-07-25 17:24:10 ( ID:lgfoxxsfnw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep, did the source range, still came out short. Upgraded to the latest version of Tmpg last night and the problem went away...go figure.

Thanks for the help.

Question - About video and audio on MPEG1 file (VCD) No.38269
LucManc  2003-07-24 14:04:33 ( ID:glc4fulnv7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!
I've created a VCD (MPEG1) and tested it on my desk DVD player: it works fine...but I've some questions which I'm not able to answer to.
Please, could somebody help me? Here are the questions:
- I've encoded the source AVI file (aspect ratio 1:1 VGA) to output format 16:9 (as my TV is 16:9) and I've used Video arrange Method: Full screen (keep aspect ratio 2). My DVD player has set to output in 16:9 format but on my TV the VCD has the correct aspect only when set to display in 4:3 not when set to 16:9 (Wide Screen) as I expected! How could set TMPEG in order to have the correct aspect of the VCD when TV is in 16:9 format?
- The audio of the VCD (or MPEG1 file played on PC) sounds alot "metallic". Does it depend only on the quality of the source AVI file which is 8000 Hz; 16 bit; stereo (very poor quality, I know...) and can't be enhanced modifying the audio bitrate remaining in the VCD specifications?
Thanks for the help!

ashy  2003-07-24 21:42:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't say what your source is.
Is it a 16:9 leterboxed video or full screen.

>The audio of the VCD (or MPEG1 file played on PC) sounds alot "metallic". Does it depend only on the quality of the source AVI file which is 8000 Hz; 16 bit; stereo (very poor quality, I know...) and can't be enhanced modifying the audio bitrate remaining in the VCD specifications?

Not much you can do here I'm afraid with such a low quality audio source, but checking the high quality option for the sample rate converter in the Enviromental settings will help.

LucManc  2003-07-25 08:04:11 ( ID:glc4fulnv7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You don't say what your source is.
>Is it a 16:9 leterboxed video or full screen.
Is a full screen video grabbed and encoded in AVI for best viewing on a PC, as I've said the source AVI file aspect ratio is 1:1 (VGA).
>
>
>Not much you can do here I'm afraid with such a low quality audio source, but checking the high quality option for the sample rate converter in the Enviromental settings will help.

Thanks fo the help!

ashy  2003-07-25 19:26:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Is a full screen video grabbed and encoded in AVI for best viewing on a PC, as I've said the source AVI file aspect ratio is 1:1 (VGA).

It's impossible to have a full screen image in the correct aspect on a 16:9 TV. The aspect ratios just don't match.
The ratio you have is basically 4:3 and your TV is 16:9. There is no way you can fill the entire 16:9 area without either cropping the top and bottom of the image off or by compressing the image horizontally to fit.
The only way to get the right aspect ratio is to set your TV to 4:3 which should give you black borders either side of the image.

The only way to acheive a full 16:9 image on your TV is to have a true 16:9 source such as DVD.

Question - Strange Goings on with Smart Ripper No.38265
bigbrian  2003-07-24 00:32:20 ( ID:y6dk1lxtqok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a DVD that I'm trying to make a copy of. It contains audio in both English and French (you can choose which you want in the menu options). I'm trying to capture it to make a VCD of it, using DVD2AVI and TMpgEnc on the ripped DVD file.

When I *play* the DVD, I get the audio in English. When I *capture* it using SmartRipper, and then play the captured file (before doing anything else with it), it's captured it with the dubbed French audio track.

The only place anywhere within Smart Ripper than I can find that has anything to do with this is in the Movie/Stream Processing tab. Here, all of the stream options are checked, including Audio English and Audio French, although they're all then greyed out since "Enable Stream Processing" isn't checked. I tried specifically checking *only* the Audio English option and then checking the "Enable Stream Processing" option, but the same thing happened.

This is driving me mad...any thoughts?

Brian

Minion  2003-07-24 02:36:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well this should be Simple, Just Rip the DVD with No stream Proscessing then in DVD2AVI under "audio" to "Dolby Digital" set it to "Demux All" then it will Extract all of the Audio Tracks to seperate AC3 audio files, Now listen to each of them Seperately and Find the One that is English ,Now you will Have to decode this AC3 audio file to a WAV File, you can do this with a Very good Free Audio encoder Called "Headac3he" ,You can even just decode the AC3 to Mpeg layer 2 audio then just mux it with the Video encoded from the D2V file...Good Luck

ashy  2003-07-24 08:58:10 ( ID:gjdv7zn9oyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All you need to do is rip the DVD again, make sure all of the streams are checked.
Make a note of which audio stream is which. For example [0x80] is stream 1 and [0x81] is stream 2 then in DVD2AVI click Audio>Track number and select either stream 1 or stream 2 when you create the d2v.

bigbrian  2003-07-24 09:45:00 ( ID:y6dk1lxtqok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Well this should be Simple, Just Rip the DVD with No stream Proscessing then in DVD2AVI under "audio" to "Dolby Digital" set it to "Demux All" then it will Extract all of the Audio Tracks to seperate AC3 audio files, Now listen to each of them Seperately and Find the One that is English ,Now you will Have to decode this AC3 audio file to a WAV File, you can do this with a Very good Free Audio encoder Called "Headac3he" ,You can even just decode the AC3 to Mpeg layer 2 audio then just mux it with the Video encoded from the D2V file...Good Luck>

Thanks for your and everyone else's help. I got it sorted....I was assuming that it had only captured the one audio track, (the wrong one) not both, but its working OK now. I still don't know why the capture (or possibly the playback of the capture) defaults to the French soundtrack though. Oh well....

Question - SVCD volume No.38259
John  2003-07-23 22:57:34 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I got the basics of encoding down now but I still can't get the proper volume of SVCD. All the burned SVCDs sound way too 'quiet' on my system which is 600W and doesn't seem to be weak [even on MAX]. I've tried different files of cource. I use VirtualDub to get the audio out of DivXs... Changing volume in TMPG's audio settings helps but the output sounds terrible. Should I maybe use some other software for extracting audio or am I simply doing something wrong? Please help

Sakuya  2003-07-23 23:07:04 ( ID:zt8tip7sl.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is your audio AC3? Check it by opening the file in Virtual Dub and then go to "File Information". If the audio compression stream says "unknown", then it is AC3. What I do is use AviMux4.0 and to extract the audio only (no video). Right-click audio and select "compression". Select "PCM" and then under the "name" drop-down menu, select "untitled". What I did was to select "CD quality" to give it higher quality with a bigger file size. In "Attributes", select "44.100kHz, 16 bit, stereo". Click "ok" and in the "audio preroll" and "interleave", enter 100 for both. Fill in your output filename and change ".avi" to ".wav"

When it's done, go into TMPGEnc, open your video source. For audio source, open your WAV. Set your SVCD settings. And in "audio", select "use audio edit" and go to "setting". Click on "normalize" and press the play button to test your audio. It usually works for me after I click normalize. So I then encode.

But then again, if you don't have AC3 audio in your file, just ignore what I said...

John  2003-07-24 00:00:47 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll try AudioMux.. And I do have PCM audio file - no compression

Sakuya  2003-07-24 00:16:39 ( ID:zt8tip7sl.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So...no AC3? Then...maybe you can try increasing the volume using TMPGEnc? Can you describe the output audio being bad?

John  2003-07-24 00:18:15 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Never mind the previous post... I looked at the File Info in VirtualDub and in the AUDIO STREAM it tells me the name of the speciefic codec. It's just an average DivX movie. So is it or is it not an AC3? And what do I do if it isn't?

Minion  2003-07-24 02:25:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it was AC3 then you would Know as Tmpgenc can"t decode AC3(In most cases)..Just do what was Mentioned earlier, Use the audio settings to Boost the Vilume and maybe Normalize it a Bit incase it starts to clip..I usually usea Seperate Program to Encode the audio and it has a Gain Feature to boost the volume...cheers

Question - avi conversions No.38257
nepohyte  2003-07-23 22:19:50 ( ID:qmacb6lq4hl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A friend Emailed the TechTV page to me and when I read it I thought it said that the software would convert .avi files, but when I try I get error messages. Maybe it's just me, but I bought DVD Copy Plus and I can't get that to work either. I thought that I should try this one before I bought it in case I couldn't get it to work either. Any help?

Thx
B.

Minion  2003-07-24 02:29:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe you should Post the error so then we Can tell you what is wrong..It is Probably something simple Like the "Can Not open Or Unsupported" Error or Maybe the "Can not Find P3P Package" error..There is also a "Search" Function here that would have your solution, You should try it before Posting..Just type the error in the Search Box and Go...

Question - Screen Resolution No.38254
Sakuya  2003-07-23 20:28:01 ( ID:zt8tip7sl.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if you were to encode a good quality AVI that is around the size 600x400, would it be wise for you to encode it to size 352x240 or 480x480. I can make a VCD or an SVCD now. So which one loses quality and which ones don't? Let's say, I will use constant bitrate with a quality of 100%! So...? I have always used SVCD format so the quality always comes out nicer. When I'm making normal VCDs, the quality is just so bad than the official VCDs that I buy from stores (not the bootleg ones). :( I don't get it HOW they make it that nice, even on a VCD.

Sakuya  2003-07-23 20:28:49 ( ID:zt8tip7sl.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Woops, the size 600x400 above is just a sample. My real AVI is 416x304. So?

Sakuya  2003-07-25 04:44:50 ( ID:zt8tip7sl.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No one's going to help me? :( I did a test. I burned 2 test clips, one at 480x480 and one at 352x240. The 480x480 one had more artifacts. Has anyone had problems with parts of the video going offscreen in 352x240? It seems I added too much borders and the video is a square the middle of the TV.

Question - Error No.38250
Blaze  2003-07-23 18:02:57 ( ID:e3chf8u7pt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i encode i keep getting this "-272762914 859034592" error does anyone know why or how i can stop this?

Minion  2003-07-23 20:40:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of File are you encodeing and is the error Just thos numbers or is there anything else..

blaze  2003-07-23 22:12:55 ( ID:e3chf8u7pt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVI, yea thats all, i got the error to go away but theres no audio help me!

blaze  2003-07-23 22:41:55 ( ID:e3chf8u7pt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVI, yea thats all, i got the error to go away but theres no audio help me!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.