TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 208 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question tried and tried....Im so dumb! war_kid 2 2003-03-25 18:27:53
Bug report PAL MPEG2(SVCD) error ognat 3 2003-03-25 21:22:20
Question Batch Multiplex possible? joejoe 3 2003-03-25 21:16:29
Question Problem with GOP structure Asuka_Fan 3 2003-03-25 18:48:14
Question Quick Question Furball 1 2003-03-25 02:07:31
Question HELP! Problems encoding Divx/Xvid Furball 3 2003-03-30 18:27:42
Question Frame skiping and sound sync problems with Mpgs SirCanealot 6 2003-03-25 10:36:32
Question ERROR -can not open or unsupported bob 5 2003-03-29 18:02:18
Request uninstall dlfmap 1 2003-03-24 20:28:32
Request Reduce file size to make one VCD wolly12 2 2003-03-24 22:01:26
Question How to get rid of free version after I bought program, it doestn work jdub 1 2003-03-24 10:57:44
Question "Paused Frames" Problem cjohnson 0 2003-03-24 06:05:16

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 208 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - tried and tried....Im so dumb! No.35782
war_kid  2003-03-25 15:07:57 ( ID:sgtpp5t3wjf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 4 full svcd files that need to be merged to be put on a dvd. I cannot figure out how to keep audio in sync with the movie. I know I need to make it at 44100 instead of 448 but I cant figure it out..any help appreciated!

wcpaul  2003-03-25 18:07:49 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are NOT dumb. There are a whole host of issues that make this kind of stuff difficult. By svcd files, what do you mean? Four standalone Mpeg files?

FYI. Files on a DVD-R must be <1GB and audio must be 48K for play in a DVD player.

One alternative is to use DVD authoring software and load the files as 4 titles that "autoplay" in sequence. There is a slight pause between titles with this method.

When merging mpeg files with TMPGEnc, try triming a little off the end of each clip. Once merged, you will still have to use DVD authoring software to reformat as 1GB VOB files but there will be no pause between files and you can set contiguous chapter numbers.

Ashy  2003-03-25 18:27:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There will be no pause between tracks as long as you instruct the burning software to remove the pauses between tracks.
Most burning software automatically puts a 2 sec pause between tracks, but this can be removed quite easily with most burning software.
With Nero it is a simple case of right clicking each file and selecting properties then 0 sec for the pause setting. Also use DAO as the burn method.

Here is a simple method of putting SVCD on to DVDr and will work on most players.
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/svcddvdr.htm

ASHY

Bug report - PAL MPEG2(SVCD) error No.35778
ognat  2003-03-25 06:50:01 ( ID:.2zxucbymr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can not create working PAL MPEG2 files for SVCD with TMPGEnc v2.510.

I'm using the new wizard. My source is an avi movie. First of all I split the sound and the picture. The picture is fed through VirtualDub for resizing and the frameserved into TMPGEnc. The sound is taken directly from a wav file into TMPGEnc. I use CBR, usually between 1600 and 2000kbps bitrate.

The resulting file is somehow not correct. I get up to 1 minute of correct playback and the nothing more. When I try to feed the file into for example VCDEasy it also informs me that there is something wrong with the file and that it will be cut.

I have made a bunch of NTSC SVCD's without encountering this problem.

I also think this problem is related to the one described in message no 20712.

minion  2003-03-25 08:14:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried Not useing Virtual Dub to frame serve and Just load the file directly into Tmpgenc...Have you tried to Fix the SVCD by running it through the "Merge & Cut" with the SVCD Setting" and makeing a Copy of the File this can fix certain errors in the Header and the Mux rate??? and "Mpeg2VCR" has a Gop Fixer that you might try....

ognat  2003-03-25 08:19:43 ( ID:.2zxucbymr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your suggestions, but still... It's annoying!
I also use the exact same setup with NTSC movies without any problem.
The reason for using virtualdub is that it's functionallity for applying filters are way more advanced.

With the Merge & Cut, MPEG2 CBR is not available. Is it ok to run the SVCD VBR setting?

minion  2003-03-25 21:22:20 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can use the VBR setting in the "Merge & Cut", Have you tried the "Advanced Settings" in Tmpgenc for applying filters?? Cuz there are A huge ammount of adjustable Filters in the Advanced settings that should be comparable to V-Dub Filters, there are 16 seperate filters just for De-interlaceing alone..

Question - Batch Multiplex possible? No.35774
joejoe  2003-03-25 06:01:36 ( ID:ba4s7.g2ova )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I am trying to multiplex audio and video with the tools provided.
Do you know, how a batch-processing is possible?

Furthermore, I'd like to know, why I am getting errors like 198762i Frames .... buffer underrun - I am getting the video and audio fully PAL DVD-compliant directly from my satellite Receiver: video is 720x576, average bitrate about 3 Mb/s , audio is MPEG1 Layer 2 192kB/s, but for several reasons, I had to convert it to AC3 Stereo 192Kb/s with Besweet first. Any clue, what's happening?

minion  2003-03-25 08:05:17 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Getting Buffer underflow errors then the Files are NOT DVD Compliant, the Packet length is not Compliant with Mpeg2/DVD Standards the Packet length for Compliant DVD files has to be 2048kb, this is very Common with Digital Satalite Captures you Might be able to fix that with PVstrumento, these Buffer underflow errors Can make the File Un Playable if you get too many and if the Packet length is to far off..And besides Tmpgenc"s Mpeg tools only officially support files that have been encoded By Tmpgenc so it isn"t meant to be used on other Files....

joejoe  2003-03-25 10:22:48 ( ID:ba4s7.g2ova )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the explanation. Just a small update: your comment on the compliancy is very interesting. Usually, I demux the program stream using ds.jar, which is a tool, that is even better than PVStrumento in terms of error correction, compliancy etc. I have been authoring dozens of DVDs with this method, using IfoEdit, and never had any problems playing the DVDs on my standalones (an old sony 315 from way back then, a Pioneer 454).
So I guess, maybe converting the audio-files from the original MPEG1Layer2 to AC3 with BeSweet could be a reason? I never got these error-messages, when I muxed the orginal files for test-purposes with TMPGenc-Tools.
Any hints on what to do would be more than appreciated!

Also an answer to the question, whether I could batch-mux with the Tools (I found no way so far) or whether there is a tool somewhere, that has these capabilities.

Thanks for your answers

joejoe

minion  2003-03-25 21:16:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you might be able to use "BBMpeg" to do Batch Muxing, I haven"t tried it But I think there is a Batch feature with BBMpeg, It will also give you a Log file with any Packet length errors, it will tell you what packet is not Mpeg2 compliant and how much off the Packet size is off..You never know the Buffer underflow errors could be a Tmpgenc Problem, I guess all that really matters is that they Play correctly on your DVD Player...

Question - Problem with GOP structure No.35770
Asuka_Fan  2003-03-25 05:34:37 ( ID:jcj79f0xnr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everybody!! I'm trying to re-encode (transcode) a MPEG-2 PAL file (a .M2V file) to backup a DVD (just lowering its bitrate), & I've got into trouble. The resultant file has the same number of frames as the source one, but the new one [b]is DELAYED[/b]!! (as if some frames had been inserted every few seconds).

I haven't changed at all the frame rate, so I'm almost sure that the problem is related with the GOP structure of the original file, 'cause it seems (to me) a bit strange; this is an extract of it:

IBBPBBPBBPBB <-- this is the usual GOP (about 98% of them)
IBB <-- about 1% of GOPs are like this one
IBBPBB <-- also about 1% of GOPs

I've tried the ''[b]Force Picture[/b]'' (IfoEdit -> TmpgTemplate.txt) method as explained at http://www.doom9.org/mpg/tmpg-dvdencoding.htm , but I'm afraid that [b]TMPGEnc hangs[/b] at the process of loading the GOP template (I've waited for almost 1 hour: it IS definitively hanged).

I've managed to avoid the hang using the ''source range'' option to divide the transcoding in 4 processes (dividing the 2 hours film into 4 1/2 hours films), [b]BUT[/b] (& this is my main [b]question[/b]): [b]what should I do with the TmpgTemplate.txt GOP template??[/b]

...What I mean is this: Would it work if I just divide the template into 4 files (just cut & paste the GOP list, cutting at (I) frames, of course)?? Or should I also re-number the GOP list?? (You know, the first file would contain the GOPs from 0 to 38366, BUT the [b]second[/b] one would contain the GOPs from 38367 to 76728... should I subtract the number ''38367'' to each GOP number???)

...THANKS A LOT for your patiente, guys & girls.

minion  2003-03-25 07:52:18 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Delay has Absolutely Nothing to do with the Gop Structure or the Framerate, like you said they Both have the same amount of frames and the same Frame rate so that is Not the Problem..The Problem is the Audio, Depending on if you are Useing the Original demuxed audio from the Original DVD or if you are useing the decoded audio from the source..If you decoded the audio sometimes the audio length can change after it has been decoded, and if you are useing the Original demuxed audio then there is usually a Delay in the beginning of the audio with DVD"s.and Of cource the Gop structure will Be slightly different in the Source file than in the finnished File, scene detection inserts I frames (Instead of B or P frames) at scene changes and every encoder will detect scene changes differently but because the GOP is a Little Differant will have no bearing in the Length of the File or even the Quality of the file as Long as the amount of frames is the same .How are you encodeing this DVD??? and How are you extracting the audio?? I bet you if you load the audio into a Good audio editor you will find that the audio length is a little different than the Video length, or if you load the Vob files into DVD2AVI then demux the audio DVD2AVI will tell you the exact amount of delay there is in the Audio, then if you load the audio into "Headac3he" to decode it to say WAV it will compensat for the audio delay so the audio will sync up perfectly, I have done Literally Hundreds of DVD Backups and allmost every single sync Problem I ever had was due to the audio, if you are Just trying to do a Simple DVD Backup then Maybe look into a Program called "DVD2One" it can Transcode any DVD to that it will Fit on a Single DVD-R in a Matter of Minutes on a Fast CPU, I did a Whole Movie that was 7.5GB and it transcoded the whole movie down to 4.3GB in 12 minutes with Exelent Quality....

Asuka_Fan  2003-03-25 14:35:46 ( ID:jcj79f0xnr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well... THANKS A LOT, minion, BUT I'm afraid there's been a BIG MISUNDERSTANDING. When I mean "DELAYED", I'm referring just to the VIDEO FILE (the .M2V file), which has the same number of frames as the source one, BUT its last frame is not the last frame of the film (a studio logo): instead it's a frame of about 2 minutes earlier. We could say that the video has been ''stretched'' in some way. It's not the typical 0,080 sec. audio-video delay (I've faced that before & I know it), it's something more strange & serious.

...That's why I thought it was some kind of problem with the GOP structure, a problem that perhaps I could solve with that ''IfoEdit+Load (Force) GOP structure'' solution, IF TMPGEnc wouldn't hang in the process.

&, about DVD2One, I'd like to do it ''the hard way''; this time is just a simple backup, but I'm going to accomplish more complex matters sometimes, so I need to learn how to solve this kind of troubles (which I hadn't found with any other video file till now...).

Any more ideas-solutions??? (PLEASE...)

Ashy  2003-03-25 18:48:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's nothing to do with your GOP structure. Like Minion says the change in the GOP structure is due to the scene change detection.

I still don't understand your problem. Is the movie in sync with the audio? Is it all there?
Are you saying your problem is that the movie finishes 2 minutes before it should yet has the same number of frames as the original?

Please be clearer this time and post the specs of both the source and output files and your encoding settings.

ASHY

Question - Quick Question No.35768
Furball  2003-03-24 22:33:06 ( ID:zfocdhbdwzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the best and most compatible frameserver i can use in conjunction with TMPGenc??

Thanx!!

minion  2003-03-25 02:07:31 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the Most compatible Frame server is Probably VFAPI, But VFAPI Only accepts certain File Types Like D2V and TPR and Mpeg2 Video if you have the M2V-VFP Plugin installed...The Next is Probably something like "Link2Tool" but it isn"t free and not very Flexable..Virtual Dub is Flexable and works with Tmpgenc ,you might need to do some tweaking though, and AVISynth is Very Flexable and is supported By Tmpgenc but you might need to do some Tweaking also.DVD2AVI is the Best Mpeg2 Frameserver for Tmpgenc..There is also a New Frameserver Plugin for Ulead Products that lets you export files from most Ulead Programs to Tmpgenc and other Encoders but it also isn"t free...So It depends on your Needs and the Type of Files you want to Frameserve....

Question - HELP! Problems encoding Divx/Xvid No.35764
Furball  2003-03-24 22:26:09 ( ID:zfocdhbdwzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have encoded about 70 divx/xvid to vcd over the last year, but recently with most of the newer divx/xvid i am unable to encode them. Following exactly the same steps as i normally would, mainly using the vcd template provided with TMPGenc. Once i load the movie into the template and begin encodeding, before it encodes the first frame and error apears, "Error initialising ACM". Thinking it was a audio problem i removed the audio with VirtuaDUB and tried again, but before it encoded the first frame i recieved a different error, "Invalid pointer operation". Can any one HELP???

Carnifex  2003-03-26 20:25:40 ( ID:tq0ukb8.xgj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem (only with xvid-files) and I can offer you not really a solution for this, but after 2 or 3 trials it shoud run through... :-/

Furball  2003-03-26 21:45:37 ( ID:zfocdhbdwzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Found the problem!

Trying it 2 or 3 times does not help the sitation :(

Framserve the Xvid or Divx file through VitualDUB with
- Full Audio Processing and,
- Full Video Processing

Then open the signpost file in TMPG and encode as per usual and,
IT WORKS!

Furball's opinion: This problem i believe occurs because the people who originally encoded the Divx/Xvid did a sh** poor job of it, or used hacked or poor codecs.

Let me know if it works for you though, thanx for your input Carnifex!

Carnifex  2003-03-30 18:27:42 ( ID:tq0ukb8.xgj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds pretty good. ;)
I'll try it some time...

Question - Frame skiping and sound sync problems with Mpgs No.35757
SirCanealot  2003-03-24 17:05:57 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi every body. I've been having some problems as of late with TMPGnc. Basically I'm converting Div-X'ed anime to SVCD for view on my DVD player. Unfortunately as of late I'm having the following frame skiping problems. At certain points thoughout the ep the video skips a few frames (the sound stops for a second to), and the sound gos all out of sync. I have no idea why it is doing this. Its been happening lately with all episodes of series I've tried to encode to SVCD (or even any mpg, as I've tried VCD, and also other random options). I've also gone back to some of the earlyer episodes that I've watched fine and again encoded them to SVCD and they're fine. Which kind of points to the Div-X files themselves. However I can see nothing wrong with the Div-X's themselves though. I can detect no skip where the MPG encodes usely skip. I've tried div fixing them (no errors detected), and I've tried running Virtual Dubs error detection thingy (again no errors with the Div-X's). Also its a bit weird it does this on 4 seperate episodes.

So does any one have ANY idea to why this is going on and how I can fix it? TMPGnc has been fine so far, but I hate to think its going to start being a pain now... :/

Thanks guys

minion  2003-03-24 20:37:35 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is Happening is that you are Experienceing Bitrate spikes and the Bitrate is spikeing higher than your DVD Player can handle..I have experienced this Many Times with files encoded by Tmpgenc cuz Tmpgenc does not have very good Bitrate controll actually it is really bad bitrate controll so the Bitrate goes a lot higher at times than the bitrate that you specify, This is one of the Reasons that I do not use Tmpgenc for SVCD"s anymore..All you can really do is try Lowering the Bitrate a little or if you usually use VBR then try CBR instead, this is a Very Frustrateing Problem cuz you never know when it will happen ........

SirCanealot  2003-03-24 20:58:10 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I forgot to mention I've viewing all my mpgs on Pc right now (checking them before they go onto cd as SVCD). I'm getting the sound video/sound problems when viewing them though every media player I've tried Pc wise. I've been useing CBR at 2600 (or whatever it is... 2563 or whatever) the max bitrate of SVCDs. But bitrate? Hmm. As I said its also happaned when I've tried encoding at VCD quality...

minion - what proggy do you use for SVCD's? I'm always open to trying out a new program or five.

Thanks.

Ashy  2003-03-24 21:59:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This sounds like a decoding problem. Install FFDSHOW. If this doesn't solve the problem raise the prority of the Direct show reader in the VFAPI plugins to 2.

Cinema craft Encoder is the best quality MPEG2/SVCD encoder there is bar none, but very, very expensive. You can find a demo at their site.

ASHY

SirCanealot  2003-03-24 23:02:50 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>This sounds like a decoding problem. Install FFDSHOW. If this doesn't solve the problem raise the prority of the Direct show reader in the VFAPI plugins to

I installed FFDSHOW. No luck... where do I go to change the priority of the Diriect Show Reader? I'm not sure exacly where these VFAPI Plugins are heh.

Thanks again.

minion  2003-03-25 01:57:04 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you are getting the same effect on your PC then the Problem isn"t Bitrate spikes..The Vfapi Plugins can be found by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" then to "Vfapi Plugins" then raise the "Direct show" to "2"..And as Ashy Said CinemaCraft Encoder SP is the Best for Mpeg2 encodeing and is Extremely Fast compared to Tmpgenc, it can encode at faster than Real time on some systems and even up to 2 times real time on Really fast systems, But as Ashy said it is also Very Expensive at about $2000 US ,so it is Targeted at Very High end Video production....

SirCanealot  2003-03-25 10:36:32 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nope... I tried putting Direct Show to 2 but its still giving me the problems.
Any other advice? *sigh*

I might as well just "buy" a copy of CCE heheh.

Question - ERROR -can not open or unsupported No.35751
bob  2003-03-24 15:51:25 ( ID:ma6n7wfyka2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

an avi file im trying to convert will not work, it says that the file can not open or is unsupported, what can i do to fix this?? thanks

bob

Bumph3r_69way5  2003-03-24 19:35:06 ( ID:nl189p6srj6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure u have all proper codec's installed for the AVI you're trying to convert.

minion  2003-03-24 20:29:36 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct show File Reader" to "2"....

miezimau  2003-03-26 23:14:30 ( ID:mky.uuiswih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem but I have all the codecs installed and I tried the Enviromental Settings but I still get the same error. I only get this with 1 movie every other movie is fine. The funny thing is I already had encoded this movie once before, but decided to change some settings to make the movie smaller and now it wont let me open it anymore??
It is a .dv2 with a .wav to combine it to a mpg. Any other thoughts?
Thanks
Susan

Minion  2003-03-27 21:35:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if it is a "D2V" file then that is Different, You should have Raised the "DVD2AVI.vfp" File reader in the Vfapi Plugins, but if all else fails Just make another D2V file this will usually solve the Problem, and Make sure you don"t moove, Delete,or Rename ANY of the Vob/Mpeg2 files that you made the D2V file from....

nemisis  2003-03-29 18:02:18 ( ID:faqj9dnyd/j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Get the same error message. When I put the priority level to 2 it says tmpgenc has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. How do I check my codecs.

Request - uninstall No.35749
dlfmap  2003-03-24 14:49:46 ( ID:eeylgaggea2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Would someone please explain how to ininstall Tmpg v 2.510. it does not show up in my installed programs

minion  2003-03-24 20:28:32 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First thing is You don"t install Tmpgenc in the First place so you don"t Uninstall it, You just take the Folder with all of the Tmpgenc files and delete it....

Request - Reduce file size to make one VCD No.35746
wolly12  2003-03-24 14:21:40 ( ID:wocjmztddth )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 95min AVI file on my computer which I would like to burn as a VCD.
I tried to use TMPG with the MPEG1 VCD(non standart) settings and a reduced video and audio bitrate to get a mpeg file smaller than 700MB.
The bitrate settings in the wizard are showing me that the movie should come out below 700MB, but when I start encoding, I stil need approx. 10MB/min of film.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

minion  2003-03-24 20:26:32 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you want it to come out below 700mb??? You can fit a lot More than that on a CD-R, you can fit up to 800mb+ on to a 700mb 80 min CD-R..I hope you realize that if you put a 95 minute movie on a single CD-R the Quality while watching on your TV will be Just awefull.....

Ashy  2003-03-24 22:01:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which version are you using. One of the versions has a bug which causes this. I think it was v2.58.

ASHY

Question - How to get rid of free version after I bought program, it doestn work No.35744
jdub  2003-03-24 06:41:43 ( ID:ma6n7wfyka2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi everyone, my free version just expired and i bought the new version with the serial code. but every time i start it up it tells me my free version has expired, where do I put the serial code??? this is really starting to upset me since i need to use this program and cant get past the free version to enter my serial number

thanks

minion  2003-03-24 10:57:44 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you Buy Tmpgenc you don"t Buy the Free version the Free version is free so there is no need to Buy it, What you need to download is the "Plus" version, See on the Bottom here were the Banner that says "Tmpgenc Plus" well Click that, then go and download the "Plus" version..

Question - "Paused Frames" Problem No.35743
cjohnson  2003-03-24 06:05:16 ( ID:i4a2huq5vpw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Greetings,

I am having an odd problem in which certain frames "pause" every so often only during the first 6 minutes of a 90 minute encode. The video will play fine, when all of sudden the picture will "jerk." Upon slow motion inspection I noticed certain frames get played twice (or paused for an extra frame). This creates a jerk in the video.

Oddly, the problem only exists during the first 6 minutes of a 90 minute encoding. I checked, doubled checked, and triple checked the source and all frames are in tact there. It is no a source file problem.

If I enocde a few seconds on the section that behaves with the "pausing" problem, it does not occur.

Making matters more interesting, the same file encoded using Quicktime plays fine (although the quality is no where near as good.)

I have tried every setting possible and made sure they were correct for MPEG-2. It occurs in VBR and CBR encodes. I have used 8 bit and 10bit methods. I have tried scene detect on or off. I have made sure the frame rate is 29.97.

Does anyone have thsi problem? Can anyone shed some light. I hav spent days, weeks, months trying to fgure out why it does this to no avail.

The file is coming out of Avid Xpress DV as one large Quicktime file. I use the Quicktime reader plug-in. TMPGENC has no problems encoding. In fact, it looks really good, but for the "paused" frames on playback.

Any help would be appreciated.
Chris

cjohnson@blc.edu

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.