TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 211 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Why is mpg file size so large?!? cy 6 2003-03-24 03:16:27
Question burning a mpeg-2 file to SVCD using nero np75 2 2003-03-23 23:46:16
Question MPEG4 V3 xumoe 2 2003-03-22 12:18:44
Question resuming an encoding Dre3029 1 2003-03-21 05:15:29
Request cutting jonny 3 2003-03-21 06:01:09
Question Merge & Cut Blade 0 2003-03-20 15:21:45
Question How Do Plug-ins Work? DavidB 5 2003-03-21 20:43:16
Question TMPGEnc can't open *.m2v files after appliing Power DVD XP patch Fred 2 2003-03-25 22:42:00
Question Problems Recognizing a file Fkncrzy99 1 2003-03-20 10:03:13
Request MPEG-2 Encoding Has Expired fease 1 2003-03-20 03:49:53
Question I KEEP GETTING "ILLEGAL MPEG VIDEO STREAM" Richard Rivera 1 2003-03-20 03:47:29
Question .wmv and DVD Studio Pro for the Macintosh Bryan 5 2003-03-20 12:11:32

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 211 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Why is mpg file size so large?!? No.35662
cy  2003-03-21 09:09:57 ( ID:qnb.wwfrl1m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi!

i tried encoding a movie (.avi) and it said that the outcome (.mpg) will be about 2.5G.. does anyone know why it's so large, and how i can reduce it? i thought it should be alot smaller than that, maybe less than 1G.

another thing is that there's no sound either. i tried previewing before encoding, i didn't hear any sound. i also played the encoded part of the movie (.mpg) and the same thing, i can see the movie but there's no sound at all. what's wrong? please help! thks...

cy  2003-03-21 09:38:24 ( ID:qnb.wwfrl1m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

anyway i have read through more threads n forums but still nothing is clear. y do i have to extract the audio file seperately? y can't this program encode the avi to mpg properly, with both video and audio working?

minion  2003-03-21 09:38:26 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the audio in your AVI file probably needs to be extracted to a WAV file and the wav file used as the audio source, you can extract the audio with Virtual dub or AVI-Mux..And a 2.5GB file would be about the size of and average 2 hour SVCD, Most VCD"s and SVCD"s have to go on at least 2 CD-R"s and with SVCD"s sometimes 3 or more CD-R"s...

cy  2003-03-21 10:44:12 ( ID:qnb.wwfrl1m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thks for the reply minion, but y do i have to extract the audio file seperately? y can't this program encode the avi to mpg properly, with both video and audio working?

cy  2003-03-21 10:47:55 ( ID:qnb.wwfrl1m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

are there any other encoding programs out there that can encode avi to mpg and have both video and audio working? anyone knows?? pls help! thks..

minion  2003-03-21 20:38:14 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio in your AVI file can"t be decoded because the format is Probably AC3 and Most programs can not properly decode AC3 audio..So you would most likely have to extract the audio no matter what program you used, and there are NO Freeware Mpeg encoders out there that have the Quality of Tmpgenc, but there are some that aren"t freeware but they also cost a few Bucks....

YaNKee  2003-03-24 03:16:27 ( ID:kia0wqld62h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you suggest a COMMERCIAL piece of software that will convert from AVI or DIVX or whatever to VCD?

Question - burning a mpeg-2 file to SVCD using nero No.35659
np75  2003-03-21 06:29:48 ( ID:eyqqaxrv40a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This should be simple - I've "converted" a DivX avi to mpeg-2 using TMPG and split the file in 2 so it fits on 2 cds. That part worked fine and I can play each of the files on my PC - the audio and video are in synch. I then used Nero 5 to burn to a 700Mb cd-r using the SVCD option at 2x speed - which seemed to go ok. After the burn I tried loading up the cd on my pc but i can't even read the cd....any ideas?

minion  2003-03-21 09:33:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you need a Program that will read a SVCD from your CD-Drive, you usually just can"t stick the disk in and have it play automaticly..You should be able to navigate through the SVCD Disk and go to the "MpegAV" folder and Run the file called something like "AVSEQ01.MPG" then it should play..But if there is a Different problem let us know...

np75  2003-03-23 23:46:16 ( ID:eyqqaxrv40a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm putting it down to a bad burn and will try again as I couldn't even access the CD via explorer to naviagte the directories..

Question - MPEG4 V3 No.35656
xumoe  2003-03-21 05:51:36 ( ID:xtiz3tplmcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will Tsunami MPEG Encoder be supporting MS MPEG4 V3 (MP43)? This codec is not listed on MS codecs site. It is distributted as part of MS Windows Media Tools 4 and includes improvements over the earliear MPG4. I have several avi files that were produced using this codec. I want to convert them to MPEG. (This info is from FOURCC.org)

Also, being new to converting avi to mpeg, why can WMP find the codec, but TMPGEnc and others cannot find it? Are the codecs somehow embedded in the programs?

Any info and help would be appreciated.

minion  2003-03-21 06:03:30 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes Tmpgenc supports Mpeg-4, if it says the file is unsupported then go to "Options" to "enviromenta Settings" to Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct show file reader"..this should get Tmpgenc to read the file.

Ashy  2003-03-22 12:18:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have mediaplayer 9 installed then this is most likely your problem.

Mediaplayer is causing all sorts of problems with programs like TMPG, but not just TMPG.
It seems that Microsoft has implemented some sort of code into mediaplayer 9 and it's MPEG4 codecs which is blocking other software from using it's MPEG4 codecs. Microsoft has always tried to block the use of it's MPEG4 codec with anything other than it's own software.

You could try and find the hacked version of the MPEG4 codecs which are available on the net which should allow you to open these files or try FFDSHOW which can open all MPEG4 codecs including Microsoft,DIVX and XVID.

Your best bet if that doesn't work is to remove Mediaplayer9 and install FFDSHOW. This usually gets TMPG working with MPEG4 files.

ASHY

Question - resuming an encoding No.35654
Dre3029  2003-03-20 21:52:35 ( ID:76t3uzwevl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I stop the encoding and then resume it later on

np75  2003-03-21 05:15:29 ( ID:eyqqaxrv40a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think you can really stop and pick up later but you can effectively pause by clicking on abort - but don't hit Y or N - this should work whilst the computer is on - just hit N when you want to resume.

Request - cutting No.35650
jonny  2003-03-20 17:21:01 ( ID:./gw46a3rlh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello all can anyone tell me the best way to cut avi and xvid films so they can fit on vcd .........thanks for all replys

minion  2003-03-20 21:02:30 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can either Cut the AVI files before encodeing to Mpeg with something like "Virtual Dub" or you can cut the mpeg file after it has been encodeing to mpeg with the Mpeg tools or with a Real Mpeg editor like Mpeg2VCR....

jonny  2003-03-20 21:07:09 ( ID:./gw46a3rlh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

htanks for your he;p but were can i get hold of this software

minion  2003-03-21 06:01:09 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a search engine like Google, With it you can find anything...

Question - Merge & Cut No.35649
Blade  2003-03-20 15:21:45 ( ID:nqtlkmxahzh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'm getting a problem with the Merge & Cut Mpeg Tools. Like some other posts on this site, when I try to edit the input video stream time frames I get a blank window instead of the time segment selection window.

This only affects one user on the PC, if I logon as someone else everything works fine. Previously I simply deleted the affected user profile and started fresh. This fixed it but is a big pain, as it has happened 3 times in 3 days now.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Question - How Do Plug-ins Work? No.35643
DavidB  2003-03-20 14:31:45 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you get vfp plug-ins to work? I've got the QT Reader.vfp and tried to convert a .mov file to mpg but I got the "Cannot Open Or Unsupported" error message.

Many thanks

Ashy  2003-03-20 14:40:27 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you put the QT Reader.vfp into the TMPG folder?
Also go to the VFAPI plugins and raise the priority of the QT reader to 2.

ASHY

DavidB  2003-03-20 18:30:26 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The QT Reader was put in the same folder as the tmpgenc.exe file. I've tried raising the priority to 2 as suggested and still no joy

minion  2003-03-21 06:00:01 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the latest Quicktime installed???

DavidB  2003-03-21 13:58:43 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I thought you didn't have to have QT installed for the plug-in to work - otherwise I might as well leave the file as a .mov

minion  2003-03-21 20:43:16 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Of cource you need QuickTime installed, you would need it to Watch the File so Tmpgenc needs it to decode the file....

Question - TMPGEnc can't open *.m2v files after appliing Power DVD XP patch No.35640
Fred  2003-03-20 09:00:29 ( ID:v8aquhvkazg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I've TMPGENC free last version and PowerDVD XP installed.
Until now it was no problem to open a *.m2v file to resample it.
But afer I applied the latest patch for Power DVD, TMPGEnc says that it cannot open *.m2v files !
What can I do ?
I've tried to reinstall both software and before I install the patch, it's ok but after, the same error !
Please help me !
--
Fred

minion  2003-03-21 20:45:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t really know what the problem is accept that something is Blocking the Mpeg2 decoder from working Properly but you can easily encode any Mpeg2 file with Tmpgenc if you use DVD2AVI to make a D2V project File, this way is Faster anyways and I allways get Better results useing DVD2AVI...

Nobody  2003-03-25 22:42:00 ( ID:jpsh2mo4l5m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you using Windows xp? You can try this workaround. Open PowerDVD xp and play any mpeg2 file. Pause it and then open TMPG. You should now be able to decode the file under TMPG. Hope this works for you. Happy encoding.

-Nobody-

Question - Problems Recognizing a file No.35638
Fkncrzy99  2003-03-20 08:08:55 ( ID:cbrqqrzr.cc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey there, i hope someone can help me! I just started using this program and am pretty good with most programs and i cant figure this one out......i am trying to change an mpeg 2 .VOB file to a mpeg1 or 2 to go on a vcd or svcd. I have have some success with the trailer from the movie driven and i cant seem to get any other vob's except ones off that disk to work... i checked to see if the audio and video streams were the same and they were, the vob before conversion works just fine in power dvd for and vob i have saved..... Can someone send me any ideas they have about this problem? when i load the vob for the trailer of for example coyote it says its one second long but its supposed to be two minutes of so.

Ashy  2003-03-20 10:03:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, you don't seem to have a clue about VOB files.

You cannot just copy a VOB directly off a disk to your hard drive or load it directly into TMPG. VOBs contain many streams which TMPG can't handle.

You have to use a program such as Smartripper to decrypt the VOBs first to your hard drive then load the VOBs into DVD2AVI and create a d2V project file and a Wav then just load both into TMPG.

I think you are going to need more help so go here www.DVDrhelp.com for more info.

ASHY

Request - MPEG-2 Encoding Has Expired No.35636
fease  2003-03-20 02:27:26 ( ID:7qymblqr6ko )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded free version of TMPGEnc 2.5 yesterday. Starting using today and got 100% through inverse telecine process and then got message that "MPEG-2 encoding has expired - can only supply 30 days limited MPEG-2 encoding function because of licensing matter." and can go no further. Am I missing something???? Please help. Thank you.

minion  2003-03-20 03:49:53 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Mpeg2 encodeing is only good For 30 Days and Only once, If you have ever downloaded the Program before at any time you can not use it again unless you Buy it....

Question - I KEEP GETTING "ILLEGAL MPEG VIDEO STREAM" No.35634
Richard Rivera  2003-03-20 01:27:33 ( ID:rxa.frdelvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have an MPEG that's just over an hour long. I'm able to split the movie and I get the first 30 minutes. BUT when I want the second part which is 30:00.0 to 01:00.00 I get this weird format for the end: 01:00:00.00

I keep getting the error ILLEGAL MPEG VIDEO STREAM. I've tested it over and over even going sor far as to go from 30:00:00 to 35:00.00 to see if it has something to do with the way I'm formatting my time.

I tried using "LAST" but when I click OK it doesn't show up so I can click on RUN. I've never had this happen and it's very weird.

I've split many mpegs with no problem. I've even gone so far as to re-encode this mpeg but I can't seem to split it.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on or have had this issue? I'm getting sick and tired of not being able to split certain MPEG movies I find.

Rich

minion  2003-03-20 03:47:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Mpeg Tools Only Officially Support Files that were encoded By Tmpgenc so don"t expect it to work with files that you didn"t encode with Tmpgenc...use a Real Mpeg editor...

Question - .wmv and DVD Studio Pro for the Macintosh No.35628
Bryan  2003-03-19 18:32:30 ( ID:sq8v7hovzbc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a .wmv file that I want to convert to a mpeg2 file and import to a project in DVD Studio Pro 1.5 (Mac). I am able to convert the .wmv using TMPGEnc into a mpeg2 and view it using WinDVD4. Thanks to those that responded earlier about my trouble getting sound to work with the file. Because I am selecting to make an mpeg and not a m2v+wav file the conversion works and the animated clip plays.

However, when I try to import it into DVD Studio Pro the mpeg format is not recognized by the program. I have tried using QTPro and the mpeg2 encoder that is an add on to finish this conversion as is suggested in some literature. I can get the mpeg2 (as converted by TMPGenc) to play now in QT player with the encoder added, but there is no way to save it as a file that gives me that needed .m2v. As anyone dealt with this problem in the past?

TIA,

Bryan

Ashy  2003-03-19 18:37:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If what you need is the m2v from the MPEG then just de-multiplex the file using the MPEGtools in TMPG.

ASHY

Bryan  2003-03-20 03:22:52 ( ID:nxqnmqpj7qk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If what you need is the m2v from the MPEG then just de-multiplex the file using the MPEGtools in TMPG.
>
>ASHY

ok alot of this is related to my never having done this before. I can get the M2V and the wav file. But that file has no audio when I insert it into the dvd studio program. DVD Studio Pro only seems to accept m2v (the guide I bought supports that assumption), so I am stuck with a odd problem, well to me it is odd. I can get an mpeg2 with sound and play the animated clip fine in QT with MPEG2 support added, but not import it to the DVD Studio asset file. Alternatively I can have an m2v that I can load in the dvd studio pro and view, but I have no sound file with it. I have tried adding the wav file and merging them in Studio Pro but there doesnt seem to be any readily apparent way to do that.

I suppose I'm at the point I should just ask what easy to use DVD authoring software there is for XP and dump the whole concept of using my Mac for any of it. But I would like to try and get it working as it just bugs me too much.

Thanks for your patience and your help,

~bc

minion  2003-03-20 03:42:32 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You would Be Much better off useing a PC for authoring a DVD, Not because PC is better Just because there are Many more software titles for the PC..What DVD Authoring Program you use would depend mostly on your Needs, There are some Fairly In expensive ones like "Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2.0" that are very Basic they will Basicly just add Plain Menu"s and add Chapters and only accept Mpeg audio as the audio source, then there are some with a Few more features like "Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3" with Motion Menu"s and and animated Titles and AC3 audio support, then there are Some that they use to do Profecinal DVD Titles Like "Sonic Scenerest 2.7" or "Sonic DVD producer 3.1" that you can use to add all the features that retail DVD"s have Like support for 16 audio tracks and 36 Subtitle Tracks and other stuff you Probably wouldn"t use..Send me an e-Mail and I might be able to help you find a good one, But one thing you might not have tried is if the Program will only accept a File with a M2V extention then try renameing a Mpeg file with audio in it to M2V, maybe then it will accept the file...

Bryan  2003-03-20 03:55:33 ( ID:nxqnmqpj7qk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If what you need is the m2v from the MPEG then just de-multiplex the file using the MPEGtools in TMPG.
>
>ASHY

ok alot of this is related to my never having done this before. I can get the M2V and the wav file. But that file has no audio when I insert it into the dvd studio program. DVD Studio Pro only seems to accept m2v (the guide I bought supports that assumption), so I am stuck with a odd problem, well to me it is odd. I can get an mpeg2 with sound and play the animated clip fine in QT with MPEG2 support added, but not import it to the DVD Studio asset file. Alternatively I can have an m2v that I can load in the dvd studio pro and view, but I have no sound file with it. I have tried adding the wav file and merging them in Studio Pro but there doesnt seem to be any readily apparent way to do that.

I suppose I'm at the point I should just ask what easy to use DVD authoring software there is for XP and dump the whole concept of using my Mac for any of it. But I would like to try and get it working as it just bugs me too much.

Thanks for your patience and your help,

~bc

Ashy  2003-03-20 12:11:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I can get the M2V and the wav file. But that file has no audio when I insert it into the dvd studio program. DVD Studio Pro only seems to accept m2v (the guide I bought supports that assumption), so I am stuck with a odd problem, well to me it is odd

What do you mean there is no audio when the wav is inserted into the program? Have you actually tried to create the VOBs first and then checked them for audio?

You seem to be making some sort of error some way along the line here.

All DVD authoring software will accept WAV as audio input.
DVD studio pro clearly states it will also accept WAV,MPEG OR Ac3 audio. You must make sure the sample rate is 48000 khz.

If you still can't get the Wav audio to work, which is unlikely, why don't you use the utility which comes with DVD studio Pro to convert the audio to Ac3.
This will make the DVD fully compatible.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.