TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 219 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question audio out of sync with 24fps inverse telecine aross 2 2003-03-11 04:11:15
Question how do you write protect a vcd??? cary 2 2003-03-11 11:37:33
Question files bob 1 2003-03-10 03:15:00
Free talk is your software being copied?? B2B 1 2003-03-09 21:52:40
Question Errors Elimi-Nation 5 2003-03-11 00:43:37
Question Troubles converting AVI to MPEG M.AD 8 2003-03-10 20:19:38
Question Video Distortion mickey_mouse_ls_the_anti_christ 1 2003-03-09 20:47:35
Question Can't open AVI in TMPGEnc Simon Pogrebinsky 5 2003-03-11 18:06:34
Question Reverse display lucky 1 2003-03-09 22:29:31
Question Yet Another Runtime Error Problem Diamon 3 2003-03-10 11:01:57
Question Answer 4 all who try 2 hlp !!! itayzoro 2 2003-03-12 10:35:13
Question .PSS template for making VCDS to run on PS2 Andy Ross 1 2003-03-09 13:33:50

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 219 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - audio out of sync with 24fps inverse telecine No.35330
aross  2003-03-10 03:50:33 ( ID:dkvt4snboen )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I output a movie, converting from 29.97fps to 24 fps, the audio loses sync. I've been taking DVD video and Windows Media Audio and outputting a DivX avi with MP3 audio. Am I missing some setting, or is the problem my output format?

Ufdah  2003-03-11 02:30:58 ( ID:qid/0i5x6gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm also having the same problem. 29.97fps converted to VCD causes audio to be up to 30 minutes ahead of the video on a regular movie. Any help is appreciated.

reckonsoo  2003-03-11 04:11:15 ( ID:nbytoglixaj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download the procram avi2vcd
then use it to decompress your mpg.
it will make a file .pcm
then convert the pcm file using tmpg
and it will work

Question - how do you write protect a vcd??? No.35327
cary  2003-03-10 03:05:32 ( ID:f8ivza5vlsl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

any ideas on how to go about write protecting a vcd using some simple tools.....my operating platform is XPPro....please help me with this problem.....thx
cary

Ashy  2003-03-10 18:18:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't bother, any protection you can put on the cd is very easily circumvented.
The only way would be to encrypt the contents, but this would mean it wouldn't play directly from the disk and everyone you give it to would need a key.

Trust me, it's a waste of time even trying.

ASHY

M.AD  2003-03-11 11:37:33 ( ID:06ax9hyh2o2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I take it you want to stop people from burning further files onto your VCD? Doesnt Nero allow you to finalize disk after burning so that no further burning is possible?

Question - files No.35325
bob  2003-03-10 00:31:46 ( ID:zyvil8nfafr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can anyone help me on this one i read somewere that tmpgenc is not that good incodeing films of the net if this is so witch other encoder that is a good program to use thanks for all replys

Minion  2003-03-10 03:15:00 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Problem isn"t Tmpgenc not Being aboe to encode files downloaded off of the net the problem is that many files downloaded off of the net are Corrupted so Any encoder will have trouble encodeing them...

Free talk - is your software being copied?? No.35323
B2B  2003-03-09 21:31:22 ( ID:aplxhfcbxa6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.eclipseway.com/
check out the second pic on the site.

Ashy  2003-03-09 21:52:40 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No! The software they are using *IS* TMPG and other free software too.
This software is a scam and all the software it uses is freely downloadable from the net. DO NOT buy this product.

ASHY

Question - Errors No.35317
Elimi-Nation  2003-03-09 21:04:59 ( ID:mq8wd0b741w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Ok, I've been using TMPG for a few hours now managed to make mpeg, but now I'm trying to make AVIs. What I did I extracted the .vob from a dvd on my comp and then I use DVD2AVI to make a .d2v file and extract the sound track. When that is done I go to TMPG and I managed to make mpeg out of the .vob but when I try to make a AVI (I'm trying to use divx 5.0.3 pro) I get the following errors, Problem reading log file and after I get Could not initialize VFW codec this codec cannot be used for some reason. So what is the log file they refer to? and I think the second error is due to the first one...

Please help...

Elimi-Nation  2003-03-09 21:09:18 ( ID:mq8wd0b741w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh, forgot this I'll give my comp specs too...

Windows XP pro sp1
Athlon XP 1700+
256mg ddr 333
maxtor 40gig (on ata 133)

An other thing does divx calculator exist? cuse I'm trying to make the files a certain size... instead of trying a few different way is there an app that can calculate the file based on the lenght, resolution, video kbpt and audio kbpt, etc...

mike  2003-03-10 19:06:44 ( ID:wi0oxaav5z2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I have a similar computer. did you encode an .avi file to mpeg2? on what type of DVD disc exactly? how did it go? does it play well?

Elimi-Nation  2003-03-10 21:39:51 ( ID:mq8wd0b741w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I didn't burn it on DVD... but yeah it worked fine for mpeg files, I didn,t follow any guides for this app... Like I said, I extracted the vob and put them on my comp then I used DVD2AVI to make a d2v file and extract the soundtrack from the vob... Then I used TMPG where they ask the video file I pointed to the .d2v file then u point to the sound file DVD2AVI made, then u choose ur quality and all the other options and then u click start...

Ashy  2003-03-10 22:50:27 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you registered the Divx 5.03 codec yet?

ASHY

Elimi-Nation  2003-03-11 00:43:37 ( ID:mq8wd0b741w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yeah I registered it

Question - Troubles converting AVI to MPEG No.35308
M.AD  2003-03-09 20:09:31 ( ID:orz9qqctguc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When encoding some AVIs I have downloaded into VCD / SVCD complient MPEGs, I get random errors that occur during encoding. I get errors including Read and Write errors in TMPGEnc.exe. Sometimes I get lucky and manage to run off some VCDs that work perfect, but get errors far more often. Does anyone else have this problem? I am using an Athlon XP2000 machine with Windows XP, and have tried many versions of the software but keep getting the same error messages.

M.AD  2003-03-09 20:24:58 ( ID:orz9qqctguc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I will also add that the AVIs have been downloaded from the internet and work, I open them in VirtualDub / NanDub to split them (direct stream copy) and use TMPGEnc to encode the AVI segments into MPEGs for PAL VCDs (Note - I do not use sorce range in TMPGEnc, as unwanted frames have already been removed using VirtualDub).

Thanks in advance to any help.

M.AD  2003-03-09 20:32:13 ( ID:orz9qqctguc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I will also add that the AVIs have been downloaded from the internet and work, I open them in VirtualDub / NanDub to split them (direct stream copy) and use TMPGEnc to encode the AVI segments into MPEGs for PAL VCDs (Note - I do not use sorce range in TMPGEnc, as unwanted frames have already been removed using VirtualDub).

Thanks in advance to any help.

Minion  2003-03-09 20:56:33 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Downloaded Movies are the Worst Possible Sources to use for encodeing to Mpeg with Tmpgenc..Downloaded Movies have a Tendancy to get Corrupted frames or Parts of the header gets Corrupted..This doesn"t seem to affect the AVI file as far as Viewing the File Cuz Media Players are made to skip over errors But Tmpgenc analizes every single Frame in the File and if Just one frame has a Bit of bad data in it then it can freeze up or Crash Tmpgenc..Have you Tried Useing Virtual dub to Frame serve the AVI file to Tmpgenc?? This can sometimes help with avoiding errors...

M.AD  2003-03-09 22:41:49 ( ID:orz9qqctguc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I frameserve? I cant find it in VirtualDubs help files

alexpm  2003-03-09 23:58:16 ( ID:qzsu1qop8tk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was having same problems and, this is unlogical but, all problem comes from a corrupted avi file.

Just load it with virtualdub (I use virtualdubmod) select a new compression like divx in video option, and save it again.

You will have a new file without corruption.

Minion  2003-03-10 03:12:40 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To Frame serve with Virtual dub you have to first Run the "AuxSetup.exe" file in the V-Dun folder then choose "Install Handler" then click "OK" then you Set up your AVI file in Virtual dub then go to "File" to Start Frame server" then give the Frame server file and Name with a VDR extention then load the VDR File into Tmpgenc and encode it to mpeg....

M.AD  2003-03-10 07:34:03 ( ID:orz9qqctguc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your input ppl. I'll try these methods tonight and let you know how I get on.

M.AD  2003-03-10 20:19:38 ( ID:orz9qqctguc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Still no luck. Frame serve comes up with same random errors.

And I try encoding AVI into DivX Low motion, but it picks up file errors and stops :(

Question - Video Distortion No.35306
mickey_mouse_ls_the_anti_christ  2003-03-09 19:31:02 ( ID:slftk9atgj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I play my AVI files on my com. they play perfectly, but when i convert them to MPEG Files, there is like a pink layer over the picture that keeps fading in and then disapering about every 4 seconds and when i burn a vcd of one of these converted files, it burns the pink layer also, is this normal? if not, plz help.

Minion  2003-03-09 20:47:35 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It Sounds like you have the "Angel Potion Codec" installed on Your Computer..This Codec is a Very Bad Hacked codec that Causes Discoloration on Mpeg files encoded By Tmpgenc and can cause other problems also..Search For this Codec on your computer and delete it then re-encode the AVI file and then the Discoloration should go away, the Codec Might be listed as something like this also "apmpeg4v3.dll"..But if you can not find this codec then you Just might need to raise the Priority of the "Direct show file Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins"....

Question - Can't open AVI in TMPGEnc No.35300
Simon Pogrebinsky  2003-03-09 16:01:07 ( ID:hi4j.utimv. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVI which is captured by ADOBE Premiere 6.5 can be opened in TMPGEnc without any problems. Then when any part of the ADOBE Timeline is exported to MOVIE
resulting AVI CAN NOT be brought into TMPGEnc.
is it Type-1/Type-2 issue ?
How to check AVI if it is Type-1 or Type-2 DV ?
thanks

Minion  2003-03-09 20:41:20 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Tmpgenc does not support Type 1 DV Files, so if you are exporting the files to Type 1 DV then don"t..Try downloading a VFW DV Codec and export useing that DV Codec, The MainConcept DV Codec is a Type 2 DV Codec and it is a VFW Codec, I think the Canopus DV Codec is a Type 2 DV Codec also..

Simon Pogrebinsky  2003-03-10 01:22:47 ( ID:hi4j.utimv. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your reply. How can I find if AVI created is of Type-1 or Type-2 DV?
thanks again.

York  2003-03-10 09:22:20 ( ID:t/hrdprebcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>AVI which is captured by ADOBE Premiere 6.5 can be opened in TMPGEnc without any problems. Then when any part of the ADOBE Timeline is exported to MOVIE
>resulting AVI CAN NOT be brought into TMPGEnc.
>is it Type-1/Type-2 issue ?
>How to check AVI if it is Type-1 or Type-2 DV ?
>thanks

I got smame problem like you. But TMPGEnc can open Microsoft DV format witch just capture from Adobe Premiere (without exorting movie with Microsoft DV AVI). I don't why.

Minion  2003-03-10 20:40:39 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t really know how to tell if it is Type 1 or type 2 accept By which codec it is compressed to, But as Long as you use a Type 2 codec they it will be a Type 2 File..Microsoft DV Codec is Type 2 ,If you have problems loading in files that are Mictosoft DV Codec files then try Raiseing the Priority of the "OpenDML File reader" in the Vfapi Plugins..I this there is a Way to easily convert Between Type 1 and Type 2 files, But I can"t remember the Program that does it, If I find out I"ll post info about it...

Ashy  2003-03-11 18:06:34 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.dvideohome.com/canopus_dv.htm

ASHY

Question - Reverse display No.35298
lucky  2003-03-09 14:02:25 ( ID:6emytzdaoik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to convert divx to VCD with subtitles, but if I put subtitles the picture in Preview is upside/down. When I turn off subtitle everything goes back to normal.I am using vobsub 2.23 filter.What is the problem?

Ashy  2003-03-09 22:29:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Locate your VOBSUB directory then double click 'DirectVobSub Configure'
Click the 'Misc' tab and check the option for flipping the picture.

ASHY

Question - Yet Another Runtime Error Problem No.35294
Diamon  2003-03-09 13:27:16 ( ID:c7tzn4dlcy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been trying to fight my way through encoding a file with TMPGEnc 2.510.49.157. I've gone through all the other posts about the runtime error and tried all suggestions

Defragment the file (Done)
Raise the priority for VFAPI (Done)
Run in compatability mode (Done, both in 95 and NT4SP5 mode)
Scan the file for errors with VirtualDub (Done)
Use VirtualDub Frame Serving mode (Done)
Make sure there's enough freespace (Done, there's over 30Gb Free, and TMPEG crpas out at ~35Mb on the output file)

I've even tried a few things not listed like using Goldwave to split out the audio to a wave file and then saving the file without audio from VirtualDub and then Frame Serving that AVI.

Oh and the error isn't one you can ingore either like I've seen suggested before. Upon runtime error encoding stops, and restarting the encoding wipes out what has been done so far.

Nothing works!!! I've been able to encode the file with the NTSC VCD template, and I belive I've been able to do the VTSC SVCD at least once successfully (but even that is failing now). But as soon as I try tweaking the encoder settings I run into problems. The file isn't one from the net, isn't a DivX, isn't anything else all the errors get blamed on. It's a 20 minute DV AVI capture from my Digital Camcorder. Ultimately what I'm trying to get is a XVCD at the same resolution (720x480, 29.970fps) as the input file.

I was happy when I found that TMPGEnc would let me do VCD quality for free and I was going to purchase Plus when I had the money to do so. But with as many problems as there seem to be I don't see why anyone would pay for this software.

Anyone have any truly useful help? Or can they point me to another encoder that actually works and at least has a trial period. (Currently I'm unemployed and can little afford to throw money away on software that doesn't work)

Minion  2003-03-09 20:32:51 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it looks like you aren"t haveing Much luck with Tmpgenc, The only other Thing I can think of is Maybe useing a different DV Codec but that might not help either..Well at least there are a couple High Quality encoders out there that Will Hopefully work, But Tmpgenc is the Cheapest of the High Quality encoders..If you E-Mail me I"ll try to hook you up with A different Mpeg encoder that should work,...

alexpm  2003-03-10 00:00:22 ( ID:qzsu1qop8tk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was having same problems and, this is unlogical but, all problem comes from a corrupted avi file.

Just load it with virtualdub (I use virtualdubmod) select a new compression like divx in video option, and save it again.

You will have a new file without corruption.

Diamon  2003-03-10 11:01:57 ( ID:c7tzn4dlcy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm fairly certain it's not file corruption because I've

1) Scanned the file with VirtualDub with no reported errors

2) Saved the file out with a different filename from VirtualDub (same problem using that file as input)

3) Been able to encode the same input file with TMPEnc at least twice before

Question - Answer 4 all who try 2 hlp !!! No.35291
itayzoro  2003-03-09 10:49:53 ( ID:wgphucycwza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i got the Your program that evry1 say its the "best" so i use : p4 2.4 512 ddr
asus board so.. when i use your TMPG like the Wizad syle i use : es/system
after along time of Rendering the End Is NO SOUND AT ALL not in the mpeg and not in the wav. I capture from Dazzle and on there prog its work and all off the prog. i use ? SO WHY IN THIS WORLD THERE IS NO SOUND AFTER I FINISH RENDERING !!!! i got the last ver and no other ver i use its work and i took
MPEG-2 and want 2 Encode its bitrate from 4000 to 2000

plz if u say your prog can do the audio just say so i dont spent any money on it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minion ( Mail ) 03/07 (Fri) 01:36 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
What Format are you captureing to With your Dazzle set up???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomo 03/07 (Fri) 02:49 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
ok...tmpg doesnt do certain types of audio
just extract the audio to wav with virtualdub...use full processing mode in audio setting
then insert audio an video seperatly in tmpg

Ashy 03/07 (Fri) 09:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
Are you making sure the audio field is filled when loading your file?
If not this is your problem and you may have to extract the audio to a wav file first.

ASHY

ok 1 : Minion i use dvd format and thw dazzle cupture the audio on LPCM ok

2 : Tomo when i use difrrent program such Virtual. its fuck the audio sync i see movie then the sound came the man speak then i heard is voice

3 : Ashy im stupid but i check the audio be4 i use Tmpeg

Minion  2003-03-09 20:25:15 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know what You aren"t getting any Audio But I guess you can allways use something else to Encode the audio, Or you can Try one of the "Audio Encoder Plugins" for Tmpgenc like SCMPX or Toolame..I allways Use a seperate audio encoder To encode the audio ....

itayzoro  2003-03-12 10:35:13 ( ID:lhutfgoozso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i use this program but i get NO AUDIO or i got bad synch

Question - .PSS template for making VCDS to run on PS2 No.35289
Andy Ross  2003-03-09 10:21:18 ( ID:xzfyj/o5bhn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

where can I find this at? this tutorial I'm reading for the PS2 VCD player says I need to load that up before I do anything else, but it didn't come with TMPGEnc like it said it was supposed to. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks, Andy

Ashy  2003-03-09 13:33:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can find it here:
http://www.ps2collector.co.uk/ps2jsp/showtools.jsp?section=Tools

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.