TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 235 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Problem with size Stephen 1 2003-02-20 09:03:05
Question When use Inverse Telecine? Alex 5 2003-02-24 22:32:43
Question Program has no sound, please help! Jareth 2 2003-02-20 11:42:53
Question Blocks Appear on TMPGenc Viper 2 2003-02-19 23:32:59
Question Adjust Gamma to M1V? JONK 1 2003-02-20 04:05:02
Question Upgrade problems captainjp 1 2003-02-19 17:40:14
Question Sound Problem lost soul 2 2003-02-20 00:49:26
Question bad audio quality star 0 2003-02-19 14:39:17
Question No sound Dach 1 2003-02-19 04:26:21
Question Sound out of sync with picture Mike 0 2003-02-19 00:31:41
Question Copying a DVD movie DivXman 6 2003-02-24 22:56:17
Question Sound out of sync with picture Mike 3 2003-02-19 04:19:54

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 235 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Problem with size No.34686
Stephen  2003-02-20 05:14:01 ( ID:8awssyjyxir )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Alright. I've run into this problem a couple of times before but neglected to ask for help. When i encode my DivX files into MPEG1, TMPEnc gets the video length wrong somehow. Most of the files I encode are only 22 to 23 min long but when i goto encode them TMPEnc says it's a 71 min movie. This makes the file size incredibly large. About 700 megs for an .avi file that is 180 megs.

Minion  2003-02-20 09:03:05 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying that in the Files after the Movie is finnished that there is a Bunch of blackness or someting simular at the end or maybe a Half an hour of the Last frame or something like that???? if so then use the Merge & Cut to cut off the exxess at the end of the file....

Question - When use Inverse Telecine? No.34680
Alex  2003-02-20 00:28:54 ( ID:qgwitemhg.6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I encode for SVCD I sometimes see "Inverse Telecine" option checked in the Advanced tab. I understand that this option allows to go back to the original film standard 24fps. But why would I want to do that?
Can anyone described a real life situation what this is needed? Again, I understand what it does, I do not understand why and for what purpose this should be used.
I am trying to encode a SVCD from a DIVX avi movie with 29.97 fps. The fps should remain the same, so why the inverse telecine option is checked?

Thank you.

Alex

Minion  2003-02-20 03:58:26 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Inverse Telicline can only be done properly with source files that were originally 23.9/24FPS Film material then teliclined to conform to the NTSC Standard of 29.97/30fps..You would use IVTC to turn your Interlaced 29.97/30Fps Source Back to Original Progressive Film at 23.97Fps..It would get Rid of all Interlaceing artifacts..

Ashy  2003-02-20 21:18:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should always use the IVTC option with movies that were originally 24/23.976 fps or preferably the ForcedFILM option in DVD2AVI.
This will save loads of hassle with interlacing artifacts and also save some file size in the outputted movie.

ASHY

Alex  2003-02-20 23:19:56 ( ID:qgwitemhg.6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear Ashy,

Thanks a lot - now it starts to make sense. But what I do not understand is this - I had a avi file which was not 24 fps, with the following (AVIcodec report)
-----------------------------
File : 609 Mb (609 Mb), duration 1:55:45, type AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality 35 %
Video: 529 Mb, 639 Kbps, 29.970 fps, res. 352*240 (4:3), DIV3 = DivX v3 ;-) MPEG-4 (Low-Motion).
Audio : 79 Mb, 95 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 chan., 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3
------------------------------

I wanted to encode it to SVCD and did it using TMPGenc Plus. The IVTC option was checked by TMPG, I did not uncheck it and the follwing was the result (also AVIcodec report):

------------------------------------------------
File : 767 Mb (1103 Mb), duration 1:54:58, type MPG, 1 audio stream(s), quality 77 %
Video : 945 Mb, 1150 Kbps, 29.970 fps, res. 352*240 (16:9), MPG2 = MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD)
Audio : 157 Mb, 192 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 chan., 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0]
-------------------------------------------------

Both streams are 29.970 fps, and both are 352*240. Why would TMPG decide to IVTC it? It was not originally 24 fps, as you said. Or you meant that id anything was encoded from originally 24 fps, the IVTC should be used to re-encode it even from another 29.970 fps-encoded stream?
In that case ALL streams that are re-encoded from ANY stream that was originally recorded from ANY movie should be IVTC-ed? Even if they are DVD-ripps?

Thanks,

Alex

Ashy  2003-02-21 12:02:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is unlikely that TMPG checked the IVTC for you. This must have been done by mistake by you.
How did you set TMPG up, did you use the project wizard?
In any case this option should remain unchecked for your movie. Only NTSC DVD's can usually be IVTC'd

Secondly you have created a seriously non standard SVCD.

File : 767 Mb (1103 Mb), duration 1:54:58, type MPG, 1 audio stream(s), quality 77 %
>Video : 945 Mb, 1150 Kbps, 29.970 fps, res. 352*240 (16:9), MPG2 = MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD)
The frame size is wrong for SVCD it should be 480x480. The Video bitrate is far too low for SVCD. These settings are for MPEG1 VCD not SVCD.

>Audio : 157 Mb, 192 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 chan., 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0]
The audio is the wrong sample rate and will not play in most DVD players. It should be 44100 hz.

ASHY

Marc  2003-02-24 22:32:43 ( ID:rmp5w3xk5an )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can explain alot about the framerate. The 24fps frame rate is also there for 8mm film conversion. For expample I converted my orginal 8mm which is normally played at 24fps. BUt now it is played at 29.97 fps. That feature allows me to bring the footage back to it's original state. I hope this helps.

Marc

Question - Program has no sound, please help! No.34677
Jareth  2003-02-19 21:16:35 ( ID:hok2ydpvfkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cannot get sound to work in this program, I've tried re-installing different versions more than once. The program used to work fine on my system and now there is no sound at all. I'm trying to convert a quicktime movie and I have the plugin for it but when I did the mpg convert it didn't have sound, so I went to preview the file inside Tmpgenc and there was no sound there either. My second test was to open a normal mpg file and it also had no sound in the preview and when I did a convert from mpg to mpg it had no sound. This is weird folks, what did I do wrong and how can I fix this?

Minion  2003-02-20 09:05:59 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a Problem with Tmpgenc encodeing the sound in Mov files..You have to extract the audio from the Mov files to wav format and then use the wav as the audio source in Tmpgenc..I don"t know of any Freeware programs that will do this But I know something like Sound Forge or Adobe Premier will do it...

Jareth  2003-02-20 11:42:53 ( ID:hok2ydpvfkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the info. It's funny though because I've even opened the same files that I converted before and it used to work fine. Not only is there no audio for quicktime, I don't get audio for mpg or anything else, theres just no sound in my program for some reason, I can't figure this out. I tried radtools too and it also had no sound, maybe I did or installed something on my system that messed everything up...ah well, I format once every 3 months anyway, I suppose now is as good as any.

Question - Blocks Appear on TMPGenc No.34674
Viper  2003-02-19 20:33:13 ( ID:bzqfsj4uxkc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just recently for unknown reasons, When I encode with tmpgenc.. 9 little white squares making a cube form with a little black block in the top right square keep appearing on all my encodes? The logo or what-ever it is does not appear on the original source. I have tried to re-install tmpgenc and continue to get the same results?? anyone know how to fix this, please help?

Minion  2003-02-19 22:01:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Blocks are Not on the Video, what is happening is that your Mpeg decoder for watching Mpeg files is a Demo version Made By "Elecard" so when you watch the Mpeg file the mpeg decoder Places a Logo on the top right of the screen ..The Logo is not actually Part of the Video, if you delete the Elecard Mpeg2 Codec they will Dissapear...

Viper  2003-02-19 23:32:59 ( ID:bzqfsj4uxkc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THANK YOU...your a Life Saver..that has been driving me crazy for a week now, I have asked and looked everywhere for help..You hit it the first time..Thanks So Much.. I forgot I installed that mpeg2 player, thats when it happened..Deleted the player & codec..Now everthing is fine again ..Thanks to you..I highly apperciate the help.." I wish there were more good folks like you in this world :) ... Bless you, and thanks again for your time!
Video Viper

Question - Adjust Gamma to M1V? No.34672
JONK  2003-02-19 19:47:45 ( ID:rnzgoo8xafg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to take an M1V file and adjust its gamma level, then save it back out without any re-compressing? I have a lot of videos that need to have black levels adjusted down and would hate to have to go back to the source AVIs.

Minion  2003-02-20 04:05:02 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Of cource Not..You can not adjust the Color levels of a File without re-rendering the file with the Color enhancements...It would be easier to Adjust the levels on the TV or Monitor you are watching it on...

Question - Upgrade problems No.34670
captainjp  2003-02-19 16:36:24 ( ID:eslrfu9buhm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just upgraded my TMPGEnc from 5.04 to 5.10 and now I am having some problems with converting my AVI to MPG. I used to be able to change the video and audio bit rate to get the mpg to fit on a cd that is smaller that it should be. I final file size would look too lage after it was done but when I told NERO to make it a vcd it would compress even smaller and fit. now what ever the file size reads thats what I getr on Nero and it's to large for the CD.
Fo example if I take a 90min AVI file and set the bit rate to 1070 video and 128 audio I used to be able to fit it on an 80min CD now it say I still need a 90min cd adn when I tried to set the bit rate to 1200&160 It goes up to a 99MINcd.
Any Ideas what went wrong?

Ashy  2003-02-19 17:40:14 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What a lot of wasting time and messing about you have been doing.
What's the point of encoding with TMPG in the first place if you are just gonna let Nero re-encode it again?
You may as well just let Nero do the encoding in the first place even though it will be crap.

Your problem is you are choosing the wrong stream setting. If you are encoding to VCD with a bitrate other than the standard then you need to set the stream setting to 'MPEG1 VCD (non standard)' otherwise you will have padding added to your MPEG.

ASHY

Question - Sound Problem No.34667
lost soul  2003-02-19 16:08:43 ( ID:ohcc2ey2og2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there is no sound when i convert avi to mpeg. i have read that the audio must be converted to wav and use the new file as the audio source. the audio format of the avi i'm trying to convert is mpeg layer3. is there a way that i would not have to convert the audio to wav? like, could i just install something and the audio would be converted automatically? i dont want to do 2 tasks to convert avi to mpeg(audio to wav, then avi to mpeg)

Minion  2003-02-19 22:03:14 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well a Mpeg3 codec would help...

chris  2003-02-20 00:49:26 ( ID:vgk/e30h.b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey .......there is NO sound in your encoder ........from avi to mpeg because either you havnt got a VFAPI plug in ....... OR your environmental settings are wrong..........change these by :

option > enviromental settings > VFAPI plugin

and set the priority higher and lower for the differnt plugins

each computer is different so play around till you get sound ........

GOOD LUCK !

IT WILL WORK ........PROMISE

Question - bad audio quality No.34666
star  2003-02-19 14:39:17 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I have had this problem a few times. I have an avi file. Nice dvdrip, i want to decode it to mpeg. But after the compression, the sound sounds very very bad. When i split the audio and video, and then decode it together, I have the same problem. I've tried every possible option, but the problem stays.

I use TMPGEnc 2.59...

Question - No sound No.34664
Dach  2003-02-19 02:42:05 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yo,

I'm trying to convert a DivX MPEG-4 compressor into an MPEG-2 file -- SVCD format.

Well, the video isn't a problem. In fact, it's perfect. It's the sound. TMPGE isn't converting the sound (which is in MP3 format) into MPEG Layer II at all, and I have absolutely no idea why.

I'm using the wizard here, as I assume it sets all of these things automatically so it's all correct, but I've tried 3 times so far and it's not happening.

I converted another file into MPEG-2, which had MP3 sound, perfectly fine, but it's just this one particular file that TMPGE seems to have trouble with.

I've checked the bitrate, the source locations, everything that I can think of, but it just won't do it...

Anyone have any idea why? Is it built into the program that it'll only convert one file with sound during the 30 days you're allowed to do it in and the rest after that are video-only or something?

Minion  2003-02-19 04:26:21 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio is Probably VBR MP3 and Tmpgenc can not encode VBR Mp3, that you need to do is use something like Virtual Dub to extract the audio from your AVI File to WAV format and use that as the audio source..

Question - Sound out of sync with picture No.34663
Mike  2003-02-19 00:31:41 ( ID:orz9qqctguc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your reply Minion.

I am using dvd2avi. I use dvddecrypter to decrypt the vobs then i use dvd2avi to make a d2v file and a sound file then tmpgenc to encode to mpeg.
I am trying split the movie at a specific time into the movie not in 2 exact halfs because i'm copying band of brothers to 2 vcds per dvd but there is to parts on each dvd and i want to put a part per vcd if you know what i mean. (For backup purposes)
The thing is I have already copyed part 1 to 7 with no problems but part 8's picture is out of sync with sound. The dvd itself is fine. How do i solve this problem while sticking to my 1 part per vcd plan?

If you know what i should do then i would be gratefull if you replyed.

Thanks

Mike
mike.@100mph.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question - Copying a DVD movie No.34656
DivXman  2003-02-18 22:23:07 ( ID:vot6hxxbffo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me if there is an EASY way to copy DVD movies to DVD-r or DVD+r. I now own a DVD burner and hope it will come in really handy.

Is there a program to copy DVD's?

Thanks, Steven

disc  Home )  2003-02-18 23:07:57 ( ID:1yp.uqhipik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD decrypter + nero = easy

Minion  2003-02-18 23:36:36 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a MUCH Better way to do it and it will only take less than an hour.First extract the DVD Files with SmartRipper.then.There is a Program called "DVD2One" that will Encode a DVD to files that are small enough to burn to a DVD-R in a Matter of Minutes..I had 2.5 hour 7GB Retail DVD and was able to Trans code the whole movie to a 4.3GB File in a Matter of 10 minutes, then just burn the Bup and Isf and Vob files to a DVD-R with Nero..and the Quality is Really Good.and the Program isn"t that Expensive ,Under $75 retail..You can e-mail me and I"ll tell you how to do it...

B_Racer  2003-02-19 13:23:26 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a MUCH better Way to do that: InstantCopy 7.
It copies not only the Movie, you can copy the entire DVD.
OK, it's 6 times slow than DVD2one, but provides a better Picture-Quality.

Minion  2003-02-19 22:04:57 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That seems to work Great with DVD"s that are Under say 5gb, But some dvd"s are close to 9GB...

DivXman  2003-02-24 16:07:31 ( ID:vot6hxxbffo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where do I find a copy of the program?

How do I know if the DVD is 4gb or 9gb?

Steven

Ashy  2003-02-24 22:56:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just load the disk into your PC DVD drive and look at it's properties.

ASHY

Question - Sound out of sync with picture No.34652
Mike  2003-02-18 20:26:33 ( ID:z3cqsejabjj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I am trying to rip a dvd and i'm using tmpgenc to encode it to mpeg
i'm doing it onto 2 vcds and i have done one half of the movie fine but when i try the second half the sound is about 1 sec before the picture.
I have done lots of vcds and never had this problem. I have set the start frame to 104880 which was the end frame of cd 1 but it is out of sync.
I have no idea how to work audio gap correct but i guess that probably could fix it right?

if anyone knows how to fix this then please email me mike.@100-mph.com or just reply on the bbs.

Thanks

Minion  2003-02-18 22:14:03 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There can be a Couple Reasons for this as You did not state how you were Encodeing the Vob files from the DVD, the Proper is to Make a D2V file with DVD2AVI and extract the audio with DVD2AVI (Or vob2audio)then encode the D2V file and the extracted audio to mpeg,also the Source range can Be a Bit buggy at times,If you are doing the Proper method useing DVD2AVI you can use it to Make 2 D2V files and wav files ,one for each part of the movie so you don"t have to use the source range to split the movie..This method is Much more reliable than useing the source range or encodeing it to One big file that you would have to edit after encodeing..If you are Not useing the DVD2AVI Method then you will notice a Encodeing speed increase if you use it cuz DVD2AVI decodes VOB files faster than the decoders that Tmpgenc uses...

Mike  2003-02-18 23:16:58 ( ID:orz9qqctguc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your reply Minion.

I am using dvd2avi. I use dvddecrypter to decrypt the vobs then i use dvd2avi to make a d2v file and a sound file then tmpgenc to encode to mpeg.
I am trying split the movie at a specific time into the movie not in 2 exact halfs because i'm copying band of brothers to 2 vcds per dvd but there is to parts on each dvd and i want to put a part per vcd if you know what i mean. (For backup purposes)
The thing is I have already copyed part 1 to 7 with no problems but part 8's picture is out of sync with sound. The dvd itself is fine. How do i solve this problem while sticking to my 1 part per vcd plan?

If you know what i should do then i would be gratefull if you replyed.

Thanks

Mike
mike.@100mph.com

Minion  2003-02-19 04:19:54 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sync Problem are Really difficult to Fix so it would be easier to just use DVD2AVI to make a New D2V file for Just the Part you want to burn to VCD then encode that...And if you want to try to just fix the sync problem cuz you don"t want to encode the file again then it would depend on what type of sync problem it is, If it starts in sync But gradually goes out of sync then this is allmost impossible to fix, but can be fixed by useing a Good audio editing program to adjust the length of the audio to the same length of the video..But if the File is out of sync whe whole way through then you can use a program called "Mpeg2VCR" ..It has a feature in it"s Multiplexor that lets you adjust when the video and audio start so you can fix sync problems...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.