TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 247 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question DIVx to DVD marky1 7 2003-02-09 22:59:25
Question mr marky1 1 2003-02-07 22:10:14
Question mov -> mpeg? Junior 3 2003-02-08 21:22:23
Question New software FuckFace 1 2003-02-07 18:20:00
Free talk mcf config file question Frank 3 2003-02-07 18:04:49
Question Can't Open AVI files to begin conversion rstefani 1 2003-02-07 22:01:21
Question DVD Option Help? Sakuya 1 2003-02-07 21:59:26
Question Mpeg Tools only process first 60 seconds... Mike Hawk 1 2003-02-07 21:55:13
Question video resolution relay 2 2003-02-08 23:09:27
Question Export Codecs MadMaz 6 2003-02-10 22:01:42
Question codec filter phuong61 1 2003-02-07 08:19:12
Question CONVERT FILES IN THE SMALEST FORMATT Shawn Dugan 1 2003-02-07 21:45:41

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 247 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - DIVx to DVD No.34239
marky1  2003-02-07 16:16:05 ( ID:x4q/n7zp9ol )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have this DIVX movie that I want to put on a disc and watch on my DVD player. Is it possible ? My player supports DVD-R VCD MP3 etc. Hope it's not too dumb a question, thsi is all new to me.

wcpaul  2003-02-07 18:52:31 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not a dumb question because even doing the most mundane tasks with video requires complex analysis and planning.

First thing to consider is that Divx is usually encoded with much more loss than the Mpeg2 used for commercial DVDs. Depending on the bitrate, encoding quality, and TV size, the result might look worse than VHS tape. Starting with a higher quality source would make more sense.

Next thing to consider is that getting anything on a DVD requires an up front learning curve, and then a fair amount of work. If it is just one movie and your time is worth anything, go buy the DVD!

After that are technical issues which need to be addressed as they arise.

Rick  2003-02-08 15:44:49 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I originally started with converting Divx/Xvid files to SVCD and am now going to DVD. As wcpaul said there can be alot of loss when encoding to an Avi. However there are some that do quite a nice job out there. A basic rule of thumb I use is 600mb/hour in the Avi. Also check the resoulution DVD's are 720x480 and I have found Avis with that res. The first hurdle to over come is getting your computer setup so Tmpgenc can process both the Video and Audio of the Avi by itself. Next I have a modified DVD template that produces separare video and Audio files during encoding. This gives better quality in the end. Then I load them into Dazzle which is a DVD authoring software that converts the files to VOBs and creates the IFO and BUF files for the movie and either burns them directly to disk or creates a disk image. If the resulting file is larger than one disk, which can easily happen. I then run DVD2One on the files created by Dazzle to fit it on a single 4.7gb disk. One side note Dazzles default is PAL and if you don't change before you start a project than you will get errors stating non-dvd compliant video if you are trying to build a NTSC disk. I recently built a DVD from a Dirty Harry Divx. The movie was 1h 45m long. The processing time in Tmpgenc was 22 hours and another hour for Dazzle to build the files and burn the disk. The resulting file size was 3.6 gb. I have a celeron 1.2Ghz computer. So yes this can be a long process,

Good-luck

Rick

Minion  2003-02-08 21:18:39 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

RICK.....It shouldn"t be takeing you 22 hours to encode a 1 hour 45 minute Movie on a 1.3ghz CPU, it shouldn"t take More than 6-8 hours on your Computer, I have a 1.7ghz and it only takes about 4 hours, and with CCE it takes less than 2 hours...

Minion  2003-02-08 21:19:25 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

RICK.....It shouldn"t be takeing you 22 hours to encode a 1 hour 45 minute Movie on a 1.3ghz CPU, it shouldn"t take More than 6-8 hours on your Computer, I have a 1.7ghz and it only takes about 4 hours, and with CCE it takes less than 2 hours...So there Might be something wierd going on with your system....

Rick  2003-02-09 02:53:37 ( ID:47t0q6ms0.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I'm encoding to a SVCD it seems pretty much in line. My freind has a P4 1.6 overclocked to 2.2 and his is almost twice as fast as mine on SVCDs. I am doing a 2 pass encoding on the DVDs which takes twice as long but does give smaller file size. I did think that something was wrong and rebuilt the hard drive just 2 weeks ago. I encoded Master of disguise today from Divx to Svcd and it took a little over 6 hours and that is 1:20 min long. But if you have any ideas on how to improve the speed I'd like to hear them. Faster computer is on my wish list but can't justify it right now.

Rick

Ashy  2003-02-09 18:05:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want speed then why use 2pass to save little space. CQ is usually better and wont usually dramatically increase the file size either.

You don't say what Motion search you are using. If you are using 'Highest quality' then forget it. This is absolutely pointless. High quality will be almost twice as fast and give exactly the same results.

Also if the audio in your AVI is ac3 then there is no need to encode the audio at all. Using the right DVD authoring program you should be able to import this diectly into it.

Now depending on your views why not o/clock that PC like your friend. Celerons are seriously overclockable. Just don't clock to much and if your BIOS allows ot don't overclock the memory to much. In fact depending on how much you O/clock your CPU you may have to downclock your memory back to a reasonable frequency.

I would also like to point out that your friends PC is probably too overclocked. 2.2 for a P4 1.6 will probably make the PC run slower with some tasks than if it was just clocked to 1.9 because of the strain imposed on the other components such as the memory and the graphics card and is probably cooking his CPU. I would guess your friend probably has a lot of unexplained errors and lockups on his system. If he bench tested it with something like SISoft sandra he would probably see his memory running with a lower score than if the CPU was clocked to 1.9.

This is just my opinion built from experience with such matters, so it's yours and your friends choice.

ASHY

Rick  2003-02-09 22:59:25 ( ID:47t0q6ms0.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, I have tried to overclock my hardware as I've done in the past but no luck. I only spent a couple of days so maybe I should reinvestigate. Right now the speed isn't an issue for me but once my Riteks get here that will probably change. I am using high quality setting as you suggested. Everything I watch is on a 47" widescreen so quality does help and I'm still in the testing phase to see what I like. 2 pass saved about 200 meg over constant quality 100 setting. Is this like the motion search where lower will give similar results? I did try a couple of authoring softwares that was supposed to be able to convert from Avi directly to DVD. They both failed for the same reason. When converting they don't retain the aspect ratio so the end result is distorted.

Rick

Question - mr No.34237
marky1  2003-02-07 16:15:33 ( ID:x4q/n7zp9ol )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have this DIVX movie that I want to put on a disc and watch on my DVD player. Is it possible ? My player supports DVD-R VCD MP3 etc. Hope it's not too dumb a question, thsi is all new to me.

Minion  2003-02-07 22:10:14 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you Can Convert the DivX file to Mpeg1/VCD and Burn it to 2 CD-R"s and Play it on your DVD Player as a VCD..Just load the DivX file into Tmpgenc and Follow the Instructions in the "Wizard", or you Can turn the Wizard off and Just load in the DivX file and Click the "Load" button and Navigate to the Templates folder and Choose the VCD Template and encode it..But you Might have a Problem with the audio....

Question - mov -> mpeg? No.34233
Junior  2003-02-07 14:16:27 ( ID:ee1k1v9w8ej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to use this product to convert *.MOV files to mpeg?

Minion  2003-02-07 22:06:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes ,But you need a "QuickTime Reader Vfapi Plugin" you can Download it here: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4942/svcd.html ...

FiSTY  2003-02-08 15:39:15 ( ID:rywpwboc6sr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am running into issues converting MOV to MPG. Using TMPGEnc and the QT plug in, I can convert the video, but all my converted MPGs end up with silent audio. I have QuickTime 6 installed. Could this be a problem?

Thanks,
...Matt

Minion  2003-02-08 21:22:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This Problem has Come up before with Mov Files, If you can try to Extract the audio from the Mov Files to WAV format if you can and use that as the audio source, I believe "Sound Forge" can extract the audio from MOV files ...

Question - New software No.34231
FuckFace  2003-02-07 13:57:58 ( ID:nolpi9uk6dg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How come on the japenese side of tmpgenc there is a dvd authoring program to download but not on the english side of this website. How much does it costs and is it good. I can't read japenese.

Ashy  2003-02-07 18:20:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Get back to ur pit u foul mouthed t****r.

Free talk - mcf config file question No.34227
Frank  2003-02-07 11:03:47 ( ID:t7svbxfn0i2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello

I want to choose in the wizzard some videoresolutions, but what is the syntax?

MPEG.WizardAutoChooseList.VideoSize=

Ashy  2003-02-07 12:39:03 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why don't you just create another template for the wizard instead of trying to alter one.

ASHY

Frank  2003-02-07 15:20:57 ( ID:t7svbxfn0i2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Why don't you just create another template for the wizard instead of trying to alter one.
>
>ASHY

this way i create a set of preconfigured resolutions.

Frank

Ashy  2003-02-07 18:04:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm at a loss here as to what you are attempting to do.

I see no further option in the wizard when changing MPEG.WizardAutoChooseList.EnableVideoSize to 'True'

Where does the option appear in the wizard when altering the .mcf file as I'm now curious.

ASHY

Question - Can't Open AVI files to begin conversion No.34225
rstefani  2003-02-07 05:17:33 ( ID:y0cv6nkdwhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I go to open a video avi file in "project wizard" all I ever get is a box that pops up saying that this file is unsupported.I tried many different avi files and the same thing happens each time.Am I missing somethig here?

Rob

Minion  2003-02-07 22:01:21 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2"..This should get the Files loaded and Make sure you have all the Needed Codecs and Filters to decode the AVI Files...

Question - DVD Option Help? No.34223
Sakuya  2003-02-07 03:43:06 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In TMPGEnc, what are the options for Rate Control Mode and Bitrate when making a DVD so the DVD has the best possible quality?

Minion  2003-02-07 21:59:26 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For the Rate Controll You Can use What ever Option you want, But a VBR Setting would Produce Better Quality ,If the Source File has Good Quality then you Might get better results useing the "CQ(Constant Quality)" setting ,But if the Source file isn"t the Best Quality then Useing the "2-Pass" method Might produce Better Quality..

Question - Mpeg Tools only process first 60 seconds... No.34221
Mike Hawk  2003-02-07 02:02:30 ( ID:kuj8vqixv4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No matter which mpeg tool I use it only processes the first 60 seconds and I get audio only. Do I have something set incorrectly? Funny thing is, it was working just fine before. I don't recall changing anything either.

Also, it does not seem to like asf files. I assume I am just out of luck with those? Thanks.
Mike

Minion  2003-02-07 21:55:13 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc Works Fine For ASF/WMV Files, But you Might have to Raise the Priority of the "Direct show File Reader" in the Vfapi Plugins to Get the ASF/WMV File loaded and the Audio Might not get Encoded Cuz Tmpgenc Sometimes has Problems with Windows Media Audio...The Mpeg tools aren"t very Reliable so you would be well advised to get a Real Mpeg editor Like Womble Mpeg2VCR....

Question - video resolution No.34218
relay  2003-02-07 01:09:09 ( ID:yqw/j0cpc2g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is probably a dumb ? as i am just learning to use this prg. I have a divx file with the resolution of 464x256. I see that tmgp can change the resolution but it does not give me the option. The resolution button is subdued so i cannot select to change it. So when i encode my videos the movie aspect is off. The people look stretched and the edges are cut off. any help? please

Ashy  2003-02-07 09:36:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is not the resolution that is your problem. It is the aspect ratio.

The aspect ratio of your movie is 16:9 therefore you need to set the input aspect ratio of TMPG to '16:9 display'

First of all load your movie then a VCD template, click 'Load' then navigate to your 'Template' folder inside the 'template' folder is another folder called 'Extra' in here you will find a template called 'unlock.mcf'
Double click it and it will unlock all the settings.

Now click 'setting' then the 'advanced' tab
Where it says 'source aspect ratio' change it to '16:9 display'
Set the 'video arrange method' to 'full screen(keep aspect ratio)'

Click the 'Video' tab and set the output to 4:3

Remeber if you are creating SVCD the ouput will have a distorted aspect ratio, which will automatically be corrected by your software or set top DVD player.

ASHY

relay  2003-02-08 23:09:27 ( ID:yqw/j0cpc2g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the help. that seems to work great. Although sometimes my audio gets out of sync. i will have to play with that.

Question - Export Codecs No.34211
MadMaz  2003-02-06 22:28:17 ( ID:9fc7wxd/1pm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having a problem exporting to avi's. When I select "Output To File->AVI", it only allows me to select from a subset of the codecs that I have installed. I wanted to choose Divx 5.02, but it's not on the list. I tried removing the older divx codex (3 and 4.12) in the hope that they were somehow superceding divx5, but that didn't work. I've also tried just reinstalling the divx5 codec. No go. Strangely, this only seems to be happening with divx 5, as things like the xvid codec show up fine. Is there a way to modify which codecs tmpgenc will allow you to use?

Thank for any help you can offer,

- MA

Minion  2003-02-07 21:50:25 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Can"t tell you how to get the Codec to show up in Tmpgenc But you Might get Better results uf you use something like "Virtual Dub" to encode to DivX, it should show all the Codecs installed on your system Pluss Virtual Dub has Many More options and Filters than Tmpgenc for AVI Encodeing..If you are trying to Comvert a Mpeg2 file to DivX then there is a Version of Virtual Dub that Supports Mpeg2 Files I use it and it works Just like the Regular Version But it accepts Mpeg2 and AC3 audio...

MadMaz  2003-02-08 00:59:28 ( ID:9fc7wxd/1pm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree. I already use Virtualdub probably more than any other program on my computer. I want to use TmpgEnc for a couple task that are harder or even impossible to do in vdub, like properly converting wmv and mpeg2 files, arbitrarily changing the frames/sec, automatic normalization of audio, etc. I'm sure some of these things can be done in vdub using frameservers and such, but using tmpgenc seems so much simpler. The only thing that bugs me about Tmpgenc is that the filter previews don't allow you to see how all the filter will look when combined.

Ashy  2003-02-08 01:19:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just Click File>preview to see what the filters will look like.

ASHY

MadMaz  2003-02-09 05:02:14 ( ID:9fc7wxd/1pm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, you can do that easily enough, but that's a very limited approach. If you want to see how the filter looks at different points of the film, you'd have to enter source range, exit setting, look, go back and alter, and perhaps even do the hokey-pokey. And with wmv files for which tmpgenc doesn't seem to random access well, you couldn't even do that. For combining filters, you really need a preview that you can see while you're setting the parameters

Ashy  2003-02-09 18:20:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Yeah, you can do that easily enough, but that's a very limited approach. If you want to see how the filter looks at different points of the film, you'd have to enter source range

Why would you need to enter the source range? Whats wrong with just moving the slider to the point you want to see in the movie with the preview?

ASHY

MadMaz  2003-02-10 22:01:42 ( ID:9fc7wxd/1pm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For wmv and asf files, the program hangs when I try to random access to a particular spot. I have to fast-forward frame-by-frame.

Question - codec filter No.34209
phuong61  2003-02-06 22:13:50 ( ID:gz61fnukoej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, how can I delete codec filter in my system? Thanks

lupy  2003-02-07 08:19:12 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

in win98 in control panel find multimedia and devices tab. Video codecs and select the one u want and click properties. U can choose remove

Question - CONVERT FILES IN THE SMALEST FORMATT No.34207
Shawn Dugan  2003-02-06 21:59:25 ( ID:iml5a44wpi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I am trying to find a way to load some videos to my web sight that no lager that ten minuets long. I used Vegas video to produce the project and exported them as a Mpeg1 file. The problem I am having is I am trying to take a 56mb file and compress it so that the load time on the internet is not so long . The smallest I have got the file to is 38mb down from 56mb. Question: is there any way to make the file more compressed or smaller. If so please help

Minion  2003-02-07 21:45:41 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Only thing you can do to make the File smaller is Lower the Bitrate, But if you are Just useing these Files on a Web Site then you can get much Smaller File sizes By useing a Different Compression Format Like Windows Media, It is a Much better Format for streameing to and from Web pages and the File sizes can be up to 10 times smaller than Mpeg1...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.