TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 251 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Overburning Billy 1 2003-02-03 17:06:41
Question Info on TMPG settings for newbies. Ashy 0 2003-01-29 23:26:59
Question AVI to mpg - No Video LIY 1 2003-01-29 23:26:14
Question To pad or not to pad slippybricks 3 2003-01-30 00:33:31
Question Audio Problems qwerty 3 2003-01-29 23:45:54
Question Illegal Floating Decimal Point Calculation Order Anne 2 2003-01-30 02:10:42
Question dont know if 14fps is a ntsc or pal help!!! sally26 2 2003-01-29 22:57:57
Question Newbie Question jamied 2 2003-01-29 22:52:40
Question Refine My Process fess 2 2003-01-29 20:57:44
Question problems luigi 1 2003-01-29 01:43:56
Question Message: CPU setting has been set to default... abeelandig 1 2003-01-29 01:41:42
Question Pls explain Anyone 1 2003-01-29 01:38:41

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 251 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Overburning No.34101
Billy  2003-01-30 01:39:40 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello again! I was wondering how much you can overburn on a CD-R? Let's say I had a MPEG file that is about 700MB to 800MB, the length of the movie is 1 hour and 6 minutes. Is it possible to fit it onto one CD-R without cutting the movie in half? I'm making a VCD here.

Also, is something wrong with the subject list above? The main BBS page seem to sidescroll too much.

Ashy  2003-02-03 17:06:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can fit 820 mb on an 80 min cd.

ASHY

Question - Info on TMPG settings for newbies. No.34100
Ashy  2003-01-29 23:26:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is some detailed info on all the settings of TMPG which may help some of the newbies here.
http://www.digvid.info/tmpgenc/settings_video.php

ASHY

Question - AVI to mpg - No Video No.34098
LIY  2003-01-29 23:12:52 ( ID:58/35akjwkn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Would love to hear a knowledgeable response to this post from Saturday:

I'm not getting any video when creating my MPEG files. I tried changing the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader to Priority 2, but when I do, the program just crashes(I've restarted the pc and everything). What the heck is wrong?

As I replied, I have the same problem.

LIY

Minion  2003-01-29 23:26:14 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are only 2 Solutions to this Problem But Probably Many Causes, you Need the Correct codecs and Filters installed so tmpgenc can decode the File, and Raiseing the Direct show File reader to "1" or "2", and if this causes Tmpgenc to crash then there is Probably something wrong with the File that is causeing it to crash or with the Configuration of your System..If you can never get Tmpgenc to work then try a different encoder...

Question - To pad or not to pad No.34094
slippybricks  2003-01-29 18:42:07 ( ID:u6c1ctca3km )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am converting a dvd quality AVI to 2 vcd's to play on a standalone player
and wondered if you get better quality by padding the bitrate.

My settings are;
Constant Quality 80
max bitrate 2000
min bitrate 1000

If I enable the padding it will make the file bigger but this is not
an issue as I am only interested in quality. Will it be better to not have
padding and have a larger max bitrate?

If I dont use padding what is the point of specifying a min bitrate?
If someone knows the answers please post and save me a lot of trials.
Many Thanks
Slippy

Ashy  2003-01-29 23:10:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, padding will not affect the quality at all, but will inflate the file size as you have noticed.

Sometimes there is not enough data in a particular scene to reach the requirements of the minimum bitrate. This would case a drop below the minimum bitrate because of the lack of data to fill the bitrate requirement.
Enabling padding ensures that when the data rate drops below a certain threshold, say 1000kb/s, that the MPEG will still be within the set minimum bitrate.

In short what I'm saying is if there isn't enough bits in a particular scene to make it up to 1000kb's then there is no way that the player can keep the bitrate at 1000kb/s unless something is added to it such as padding to bring it up to the minimum bitrate. Padding basically just fills in the gaps with zero's.

When using CBR this padding is added automatically. This is why sometimes it is a waste of file size using a CBR bitrate of something like 8000kb/s on a file that doesn't require it when a smaller bitrate will give just the same quality and smaller file size. All you are doing is adding unecessary padding to fill in the data gaps created by setting such a high bitrate

Only use padding if your player has problems with low bitrates otherwise you can leave it disabled.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-01-29 23:13:34 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another point is, if you are only interested in quality and not file size, why are your settings so low.

Your minimum should not be below 1800kb's if you want the lowest you can go without macroblocks appearing in normal scenes. The max would also need to be at least double.

ASHY

slippybricks  2003-01-30 00:33:31 ( ID:u6c1ctca3km )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So, just to clarify, if I set the min to 1800 and the max to 3000 on cq, the bitrate will only
drop below 1800 if there is not enough data, and with padding it will just fill
the gaps with nothing?

Many Thanks
Slipster

Question - Audio Problems No.34090
qwerty  2003-01-29 16:44:16 ( ID:h3mg8vk4rgg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I am new at encoding so I followed instructions on

http://www.vcdhelp.com/sefy/?id=ClassicalGuide.html#VCDEasy

i was able to do everything as I am not ready to burn a vcd. I ripped another dvd followed the same process.

When i come to using the TMPGEnc i select the approprate files and encode. I have the video but no sound.

So i ripped the dvd again incase there was an issue but again still have the same problems.

I then revert to a files from another dvd which i have successfully encoded try to do so again but this time i am not getting any audio

I have not got a clue. If i play the wav files the audio is there but the encoder is not picking up the audio

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Mike  2003-01-29 17:59:21 ( ID:a/mhq3wfadr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem. The Video had a perfect conversion from AVI to MPEG2 but no audio

Minion  2003-01-29 23:19:51 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Both Have Totally Different Problems..One is Ripping a DVD and One is Encodeing an AVI file..To the one Ripping the DVD make sure that the "Stream" setting is set to "Video and Audio" But I think that the audio is there it is Just Has really Low Volume..This happens with DVD Audio, it"s volume is really low, Check the File again with the Volume really High and see if it is there and if it is use the "Audio Setting" to Boost the Audio Volume By say 400%..But if the audio isn"t there then Use a Seperate audio encoder like "Headac3he"(Freeware) to encode the Wav audio to MP2 audio then Multiplex the Mp2 audio to the Mpeg video with the Mpeg Tools -Simple Multiplex..To the One encodeing the AVI file, you aren"t getting the audio Probably because the audio format in your AVI file is Not supported By Tmpgenc or you don"t have the Correct Filters or Codecs to decode the audio, you Need to extract the audio from your AVI file to a WAV file useing something like "Virtual Dub or AVI-Mux" then use the WAV audio in Tmpgenc as the audio source...

Ashy  2003-01-29 23:45:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Qwert whatn did you use to rip the DVD audio to a wab file, was it DVD2AVI?

Try raising the priority of the wav file file reader in the VFAPI plugins.
When you load the wav into the audio field of TMPG ensure it stays loaded before encoding.
You can check if TMPG can encode the audio by clicking Setting>Audio>Setting then click play. If you can here the audio then TMPG should encode it.
Also make sure your stream type settings are set to 'Sytem(video+audio)'

ASHY

Question - Illegal Floating Decimal Point Calculation Order No.34087
Anne  2003-01-29 12:55:34 ( ID:npudncuycx2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time i am around half way done converting a movie it stops and gives me this message.. Illegal Floating Decimal Point Calculation Order. What does that mean? and How can I convert a movie!!! Ive tried to cut the movie first before converting... every program i try freezes! Ive tried source converting.. converting different parts of the movie into 4 parts.. i still get the same error! The movies i am trying to convert are DVD rips (ave files)
I need help how can i do this? I have a burner but not a DVD burner so i need to split the movie.

Minion  2003-01-29 23:08:58 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Problem you are haveing is Most likely due to the File being Corrupted, if you downloaded this file off the Net then that is probably what is wrong, especially if the error happens at the same spot every time..The File is Most likely a DivX file so you might try useing "DivX-FiX" or "DivX Anti-Freeze" to fix any Corrupted or Frozen frames, or you can try to Scan For bad frames in Virtual Dub then mask the bad frames and make a Copy of the file then use the Copy in Tmpgenc...

bob  2003-01-30 02:10:42 ( ID:jtkeykdh.n. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My setup also gives me the floating point error also. Using Xp and and
making a backup from a dvd. Using smartripper then dvd2avi and feeding it into Tmpgenc. I have used the same dvd with win98 and same setup and had it work fine.... ? I'll re-rip the same dvd and try the whole process again...

>The Problem you are haveing is Most likely due to the File being Corrupted, if you downloaded this file off the Net then that is probably what is wrong, especially if the error happens at the same spot every time..The File is Most likely a DivX file so you might try useing "DivX-FiX" or "DivX Anti-Freeze" to fix any Corrupted or Frozen frames, or you can try to Scan For bad frames in Virtual Dub then mask the bad frames and make a Copy of the file then use the Copy in Tmpgenc...

Question - dont know if 14fps is a ntsc or pal help!!! No.34084
sally26  2003-01-29 11:53:44 ( ID:mkjh2ljyg3w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please help i have a film and ive looked at the source file and it says video-14 fps is this ntsc or pal. please help sally

Ashy  2003-01-29 17:34:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Neither.
Which do you want it to be?

ASHY

Minion  2003-01-29 22:57:57 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the Frame rate is "14.9fps" then it is Half NTSC, I don"t think there is a Plain 14fps format..You would use the "14.98fps(29.97fps Internally)" frame rate setting..If you are looking at the File Properties to get the Framerate of 14fps then try loading it into Virtual Dun and liik at the "File Properties" and it will tell you the exact frame rate of the file which I think would most likely be 14.9fps....

Question - Newbie Question No.34081
jamied  2003-01-29 10:10:10 ( ID:sujuwxqf7t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've succesfully prodoced a .m2v file and I'm trying to burn it, I'm trying to use Nero to do this but it doesn't recongized the file extension of .m2v. Is there a another step I'm missing here to convert it to a MPEG format? If so, could someone walk me through this?

Thanks
J.

lupy  2003-01-29 11:57:00 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

are u making a vcd? try renaming the file to mpg. vcd mayb require a sound track (not sure)to play. If so u will have to mux one in even if its just silence...

Minion  2003-01-29 22:52:40 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

An M2V file is a Mpeg 2 Video file with NO Audio..So you have somehow Forgot to add an audio track or your Source file has to audio or you have the "Stream" setting is set to "Video Only"...

Question - Refine My Process No.34078
fess  2003-01-29 00:31:28 ( ID:1kl8t4ktd1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I am a bit confused about rez from DVD. I ripped "ace ventura" an it was 'letter boxed' at 720x480 (with black bars). This means the if I want to resize, I will have to stay within that 'aspect ratio' otherwise risk distortion?

I need to resize the frame in TMPGEnc to a suitable websize. Usually I go for 320x240 or 352x240. But after using clipping to remove the black bars, and resizing the picture it looks unnatural an distorted (squeezed). If I leave the black bars, it has that letter box look. So I end up with a clip (video size 480x240 after removing the black bars)

Am I constrained to this letter box 'aspect ratio' or is there a way to get the actual picture full screen without distortion.

I also ripped a 'mountain bike' DVD an it was 720x480 non letterbox. In TMPGEnc, I set the 'Aspect Ratio' to 1:1VGA, video size to 352x240-using PhotoShop to calculate (352x235) and made the height divisible by 16. It was great.

I concluded that if my DVD is 'letterboxed', I will end up with a rectangle for a clip minus the black bars, and if its full screen on the DVD, I am ok.

Can I refine what I have stated above. Does anyone see a problem with the process I have done an the conclusion because I have only just learned to since Fri. via thanks to 'ASHY's' valued advice...

Regards
Fess

Minion  2003-01-29 01:46:35 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Watching these Files on your DVD Player on TV then Maybe try the Correct aspect ratio for TV of 4:3, it is Difficult to make a Widescreen Movie Fullscreen without some Distortion....

fess  2003-01-29 20:57:44 ( ID:lpkgk9shi0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion...

Thanks, no the files are not for tv viewing. I was just using it to pratice 'rip' as I am only a few days knowledgable on ripping.

All the dvd rips I make will be for web purposes. I guess my best bet is to check the DVD out before purchasing.

Regards
Fess

Question - problems No.34076
luigi  2003-01-28 23:44:18 ( ID:bt/kxztgm1l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I try to load any video I get a message saying (can't load p3package .dll) can you tell me what to do

Minion  2003-01-29 01:43:56 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should have looked for an answer Cuz this answer is Posted everywere..It is Because you Don"t have ALL of the Tmpgenc files in the Same folder..All the Tmpgenc Files have to be extracted to the same folder and not sitting on your Desktop as a Shortcut or anything like that...

Question - Message: CPU setting has been set to default... No.34074
abeelandig  2003-01-28 22:50:36 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I am using TMPGEnc 2.57.41.146. Recently I upgraded my computer's procesor from a PII 450 MHz to a 1.4 GHz Intel Celeron. On opening up TMPGEnc, I got the message: "CPU Setting has been set to default because CPU might be different from last time, or new command has been supported".
Does anyone know what's going on? Will I have to make any changes to TMPGEnc's settings?
Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

Minion  2003-01-29 01:41:42 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It Probably Just means that the CPU settings in Tmpgenc have been changed to the Default so go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "CPU" and Make sure that MMX and SSE and Maybe SSE-2 are checked Depending on the model of Celeron Processor....

Question - Pls explain No.34072
Anyone  2003-01-28 22:29:44 ( ID:gdoi5fzrbsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. Could pls anyone explain a cpl of things to me.
1) Why is it very often recomended, on an avi-file, to first separate the audio in for ex virtual dub, and convert the sound to WAW, and then mix the sound and the film together in virtual dub ? Can this action actually improve the final result and why?
2) Many people tells me to use the prog DVD2SVCD (with TMPGE as encoder) to convert DivX films to SVCD. Pls tell me why, and how that can improve the final result.
3) What is the absolut best settings for an Avi-film which I convert to SVCD ? The Avi-format is 23,97 FPS, audio is AC3, and the size is appr 1,5 Gb. I don´t want to recive a final film which is just ok, I want the best ever possible to make from an DivX to SVCD, no matter how much time my computer have to work. By the way, the film is 2 hours and 59 min, so I think it should fit on 4 cd:s.

/Anyone

Minion  2003-01-29 01:38:41 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

#1) you Sometimes extract the audio to a WAV file with Virtual Dub or AVI-MuX then use the WAV file as the audio source in Tmpgenc(You don"t join the audio to the video in Virtual dub)when the audio format in the AVI file is of a Format that Tmpgenc can not decode like "VBR MP3 and AC3 audio"..
#2)DVD2SVCD is a Automated method Of Ripping a DVD to SVCD useing Tmpgenc or CCE as the encoder, It isn"t meant to be used on DivX files Just DVD"s...
#3)You will Probably have Problems with that DivX file Because it has AC3 audio, you Might want to Use "AVI-MuX" to de-mux the AC3 audio and decompress it to a WAV file that you can encode in Tmpgenc, and the Biggest Factor for Good Quality is the Quality of the File you are encodeing and the Bitrate used to encode the file to Mpeg, the Higher the Bitrate the Closer to the Quality of the Source file but to High of a Bitrate and your DVD Player will have problems with Playing it....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.