TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 256 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Ripping a VCD back off a CDR Tina 2 2003-02-05 23:53:52
Request Can anyone make an *.rm plugin JC-H 2 2003-01-26 05:55:19
Question XYZ.avi cannot open or support, already tried changing Environmenal Setting Christina 1 2003-01-24 18:53:43
Question No capture device available alan 3 2003-01-25 17:49:42
Question Translation to german or .. .. .. pHi 1 2003-01-24 15:40:53
Request New kind of batch encode plz? SkylineR34 1 2003-01-24 10:48:11
Question My premiere avi's are "unsupported?!?!?!" craig 2 2003-02-04 20:13:20
Request DV2SVCD, Tmpg Encoding, Nero Burning Question Grasshopper 0 2003-01-24 04:56:40
Request *.tpr to Merge & Cut KSmut 2 2003-01-24 10:55:56
Question Read error..... DyanJae 2 2003-01-29 20:06:56
Request *.tpr to Merge & Cut KSmut 0 2003-01-24 02:00:46
Question No Video, Just Sound W/ Encoding AVI file ckad79 2 2003-01-25 03:25:07

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 256 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Ripping a VCD back off a CDR No.33933
Tina  2003-01-24 14:26:20 ( ID:v551gawk1la )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm new to this :)

Recently I converted a movie file to VCD using TMPGEnc and then burned it onto a CDR disk using NERO. It plays in my DVD player however upon watching it I noticed some editing needs to be done on the movie.

My question is. I only have a CDR-CDRW burner on my computer, I do not have a DVD player on my computer. Is it possible to copy the movie file from the CDR back onto the computer? If so how. Thanks.

Ashy  2003-01-24 14:46:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why would you need a DVD burner if the movie is on CDR?

Simply look inside the MPEGAV folder on the disk here you will find a file with a name such as 'AVSEQ01.dat'
Just copy it to your hard drive then load into your program. If it won't load then run it through the TMPG simple multiplexer using the 'MPEG1 system (automatic)' setting.

ASHY

kwag  Home )  2003-02-05 23:53:52 ( ID:djy46bwwuk. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello ASHY and people of Pegasys, Inc.,
I believe some people haven't seen all the development that has been going on at KVCD.Net in the past couple of months. Please look again at some of the samples we have, and you might "think different" ( pun on Apple Computers :) )
Here's a sample created with KVCDx3. It's a sample of how the complete "Red Planet" movie looks on a single CD: http://www.kvcd.net/redplanet-cq78-faery-c3d.mpg Please use WinDVD or PowerDVD to previwe. Now I wouldn't say that is too far from DVD quality ;)
Here's a link to our forum explaining how it was done: http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2391&highlight=red+planet
And here's what Star Wars "Attack of the Clones" looks like on two CDs: http://www.kvcd.net/samples/attack-short-cq78.mpg
This one had to be split on two CDs because it's a full screen movie.
Quote: "unless KVCD know something that the hundreds of experts in the 'MPEG pictures group' don't know"

Yes, probably we do!. Like our optimized Q. Matrix, which is non-existant on any other encoder, and uses a technique with a "Notch" pattern to lower visible DCT blocks on low lit scenes, and the GOP which is also optimized for space and quality. These are basicaly what gives KVCD the "edge" over all other MPEG encoding formats and techniques. Please visit our site for more information on the latest techniques and programs. And of course, we always use TMPGEnc :)

Regards,
-kwag

Request - Can anyone make an *.rm plugin No.33930
JC-H  2003-01-24 14:23:14 ( ID:ju/em6rkexk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I really need an rm file plugin.Whi didn,t anyone make one.If there's so much plugins for other files like divx and mov etc.Why isn't there anything for rm files.When somebody has made an rm fle plugin can you mail me
jc_helmijr@hotmail.com

Ashy  2003-01-24 14:51:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Probably because noboby wants to waste their time on a dead format. Realmedia is an old and by now superceeded format and most of time the quality of the output obtained from re-encoding from this format is abysmal.

ASHY

NewtronX  2003-01-26 05:55:19 ( ID:p7qwcsxopda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I second that Real media files suck for quality. That is one format I wish never existed. But on another note If you need some thing to convert your Real files with that way you can rencode them I suggest TinraGUI it provides a simple GUI (Graphical User Interface) front-end for TINRA - the RealMedia to Windows AVI converter.

http://guiguy.wminds.com/downloads/tinragui/down.html

~

Question - XYZ.avi cannot open or support, already tried changing Environmenal Setting No.33928
Christina  2003-01-24 12:25:38 ( ID:hwpehqoakd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got the "unsupported" message when I was trying to load a .avi. I increased "DirectShow" in Environmental Setting to "2" and it worked well.

Then, after a few days, I got the the "unsupported" message again. "DirectShow" is still "2". I tried to load the .avi that worked well before, and it could not be loaded as well.

Any advice? Thanks.

Minion  2003-01-24 18:53:43 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you can get "Virtual Dub" to read the File then you Might try Frame serveing the file to tmpgenc..

Question - No capture device available No.33924
alan  2003-01-24 11:08:56 ( ID:rtj4u1az/ug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded virtual dub, but cannot load the film in order to rip the audio, as when i try to open the file, I get an error message that lasts for approx .3 secs..so not sure what it is..or when I try to "capture" the filke..I get an error message saying that no capture device is available..any ideas please.

Ashy  2003-01-24 14:18:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is it you are trying to do?
Capture or load an AVI???

It seems your are trying to start the capture program to just load an AVI!
The capture program is used to capture 'live' images from a source such as a capture card. If you don't have one installed then you get the error you have received.

To load an AVI into Virtualdub simply click File>Open Video file.
You must also make sure you have the appropiate codec installedto decode the file or Virtualdub will reject it.

ASHY

alan  2003-01-25 16:25:48 ( ID:rtj4u1az/ug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What is it you are trying to do?
>Capture or load an AVI???
>
>It seems your are trying to start the capture program to just load an AVI!
>The capture program is used to capture 'live' images from a source such as a capture card. If you don't have one installed then you get the error you have received.
>
>To load an AVI into Virtualdub simply click File>Open Video file.
>You must also make sure you have the appropiate codec installedto decode the file or Virtualdub will reject it.
>
>ASHY

Ashy  2003-01-25 17:49:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>>What is it you are trying to do?
>>Capture or load an AVI???
>>
>>It seems your are trying to start the capture program to just load an AVI!
>>The capture program is used to capture 'live' images from a source such as a capture card. If you don't have one installed then you get the error you have received.
>>
>>To load an AVI into Virtualdub simply click File>Open Video file.
>>You must also make sure you have the appropiate codec installedto decode the file or Virtualdub will reject it.
>>
>>ASHY

Question - Translation to german or .. .. .. No.33922
pHi  2003-01-24 10:48:57 ( ID:r3/xoknkrro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

Is it possible to make a .ini .txt or whatever-file to make a german tranlation for the TMPGEnc. There is only japanese or englisch to select.

Thanks

pHi

Ashy  2003-01-24 15:40:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No you would have to hack the program exe.

ASHY

Request - New kind of batch encode plz? No.33920
SkylineR34  2003-01-24 06:38:34 ( ID:chvcupclbln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Its just that I find it a little bit annoying having to select a file, put the options then having to batch encode again for another file. (This will take me forever to select one by one for my anime's)
How about letting us select multiple files and putting the same options for them in the batch encode in later versions? (With the estimated file size for every of them too...)

Ashy  2003-01-24 10:48:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.innsys.com.au/doylie/cat_Development/TMPEG_Batcher/TMPEG_List.asp

ASHY

Question - My premiere avi's are "unsupported?!?!?!" No.33917
craig  2003-01-24 06:16:32 ( ID:fq6h0vldgta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to use a matrox rt2000 pci card with premiere and I used tmpgenc and all worked fine.

However, I took the card out and started from scratch, installed premiere 6.5. Created the typical Microsoft DV avi file. Now tmpgenc says that it "can not open, unsupported."

HUH?!?!?

Anyone?!?!

Thanks!

Craig L.

Minion  2003-01-24 18:50:56 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

pingo  2003-02-04 20:13:20 ( ID:oezwpbx6fha )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem (Win2000, premiere 6.5)

I direct the output of premiere to my avisynthtransfer-file.
After loading in TMPGE and pushing START, I get the message:
File E:avisynthtransfer.avs can not open, or unsupported

(I did change the priority setting for direct show to 2. No change.)

Other ideas?

Thanks

Request - DV2SVCD, Tmpg Encoding, Nero Burning Question No.33916
Grasshopper  2003-01-24 04:56:40 ( ID:lxiquvmqt5j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use DVD2SVCD to rip a DVD and TMPG to encode the results. I then burned the cue(bin) file using Nero and my Plexwriter burner. The result is a slightly jerky video on the CD. I have another stand alone program that burns the SVCD without jerkiness. I suspect I need to make some type of change in TMPG but once I start DVD2SVCD, the process runs all the way through to creating the cue files without stopping at the TMPG encoding screen. I am using the trial version of the TMPGEnc Plus encoder, if that makes any difference.

Any thoughts on how I can correct this one minor problem. Thank you in advance for any help.

Request - *.tpr to Merge & Cut No.33913
KSmut  2003-01-24 02:22:55 ( ID:/i1ldoowiqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please add the ability to load and process *.tpr files to the Merge & Cut feature.

Ashy  2003-01-24 10:49:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What?

Ashy  2003-01-24 10:55:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you ever looked inside a tpr file?
How can you expect a .tpr file to be processed in the Merge&Cut feature?

A .tpr file is a predefined set of instructions and settings created by *YOU* including any cut points you have made.
There are no settings which could be beneficially changed by the Merge&Cut feature and even if there were what would be the point?
It's just as easy to create another .tpr file to be processed in the first place.

ASHY

Question - Read error..... No.33910
DyanJae  2003-01-24 02:16:48 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi! I did look through the board before posting, but with my luck, this question has already been asked and answered!
I've tried to convert several avi files to mpg, but I keep getting the same error:
Read error occurred at adress 00402F40(this varies) of module 'TMPGENC.EXE' with 1048758C(this varies).
I'm really hoping someone can tell me if this is a problem with my computer or if there is a setting within TMPGENC that I can change to get it to actually work.
Thanks in advance!!! :)

Ashy  2003-01-24 11:09:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your AVI's are most likely downloaded off the net and are probably corrupt some way.
Either that or you have some dodgy memory sticks in your machine. The first is more likely.

Try raising the priority of the 'directshow file reader' to 2 in the VFAPI plugins.

If that doesn't work try frameserving the file from Virtualdub.

ASHY

Richi  2003-01-29 20:06:56 ( ID:u1gjpk3cjuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

sorry for my bad english. I have the same problem like DyanJae. TMPGEnc shows the same error messages when i tried to convert a avi who i made with DVD2Avi. But the errors came first, as i change the Processor (1800XP+ to 2200xp+) But i had format c: ... it can't be a memory error
. This problem i've read in many other boards too and no one got a answer. Can someone help here? Please write in a pidgin english for me to understand

:o)
Richi

Request - *.tpr to Merge & Cut No.33909
KSmut  2003-01-24 02:00:46 ( ID:/i1ldoowiqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please add the ability to load and process *.tpr files to the Merge & Cut feature.

Question - No Video, Just Sound W/ Encoding AVI file No.33906
ckad79  2003-01-24 00:23:49 ( ID:uyvubbco70c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need some assistance. I have an AVI file that I am trying to convert to MPEG, so that I can burn it to a Video-CD. Right now, this is the properties of the AVI file on my computer...

Audio Format:

MPEG Layer-3,56 kBit/s, 24,000 Hz, Stereo

Video Format:
352X240, 24 bits, 51914 Frames, 14.985
Frames/Sec, 44 KB/Sec, MS-MPEG4 V3

The movies plays file in my Windows Media Player. Though, when I open TMPG Enc, it will not encode right. Even though I select the file for both "audio" and "video", it encodes a new "MPEG" file in the same folder, but all I get is audio. If I encode it, "video" alone.. I get a black picture, no sound.

What's wrong?

Minion  2003-01-24 04:27:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "File" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2"..This usually fixes this Problem...

Billy  2003-01-25 03:25:07 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I heard that Nero can burn AVI files or MPEG files to VCD/SVCD right?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.