TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 281 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Avi to mpeg1 Billye72 2 2003-01-19 10:25:49
Request Converting OpenDML AVI file TBentzen 4 2003-01-10 11:25:28
Question CQ and CQ_VBR settings SS 0 2003-01-06 20:42:23
Question How Can I convert .mov --> *.mpg Michael 1 2003-01-06 22:52:23
Question ERROR index of scan line is out of range(240) Joel_H 1 2003-01-06 22:51:41
Request HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD? USER 1 2003-01-06 22:55:49
Request HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD? USER 0 2003-01-06 20:13:20
Question Same file size regardless of stream type??? bruze 2 2003-01-15 23:36:06
Question Method used in motion estimate search Sam 0 2003-01-06 16:14:45
Question illegal format error in 2.59: Again I ask my Question ... Que2 5 2003-01-07 15:26:21
Request Richard Rollins rjrollins 1 2003-01-06 22:42:38
Question Unsupported .AVI thuydinh76 1 2003-01-06 11:40:23

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 281 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Avi to mpeg1 No.32977
Billye72  2003-01-06 22:34:44 ( ID:j9jttqhuydr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
I'm completely ignorant on compression and I have a great problem; I created project under after effects and obtain an avi file with the following format : 440*280.
Now I would like to convert this avi into a mpeg1 file but a little bit larger; Do I have to respect a special ratio?
Isn't it possible to have a compressed file larger than the original one?
Are there some fixed sizes that we have to respect to create MPEG1???
Please hellllppp... I'm really stuck with this problem... and TMPGenc is still a great "unknown" for me... ;-)
Many thanks in advance
Cheers
Billye

Minion  2003-01-06 22:57:19 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Resolution of Mpeg files have to be divisible by 16, but if you are trying to make a Mpeg1/VCD file then you have to use the VCD Standard resolution, and Yes you Up-size the Resolution But you will loose a Bit of Quality depending on How much you up-size it..To keep the original aspect ratio set the "Video Arange Method" to "Fullscreen Keep aspect ratio"...

julie  2003-01-19 10:25:49 ( ID:h3m1d0h84v2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there all i`m tryin to convert avi to mpeg but its not letting me do i need any another progs to use ..i can watch the movie on window media but cant see it in tmpge so can anyone help me plz
thanks from julie all just email me on partyanimal_au@yahoo.com

Request - Converting OpenDML AVI file No.32972
TBentzen  2003-01-06 22:04:06 ( ID:wtq5mz4prrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to open a .avi file but have been unable to at this point.
I am able to play the file in Real player or Windows Media Player.
I am able to open other .avi files and convert them without issue with TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 version 2.59.47.155. The machineI am using is a Win XP pro machine with 40gb of harddrive space and 256 mb of Ram.
How can i get TMPGEnc to open this file listed below for conversion

I used G-spot program to take a look at the file structure is as follows;
size =696 MB
Stream type = OpenDML AVI
I/L = 1 frame (40 ms), p=496
IMRR = 1.00
Video Format
codec
4cc = div3
name = DivX 3 Low-Motion
apsect = 576 x 336 (1.714 : 1)
bitrate = 934 kb/s
frame rate = 25.000 FPS
Duration = 01h 31m 02s

Audio Format
Codec
Name = 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
bitrate = 128 kb/s (64/ch x 2 ch) CBR
Fs = 44100 Hz
All proper codecs are confirmed installed by G-Spot

Help please...Tom

TBentzen  2003-01-06 22:09:16 ( ID:wtq5mz4prrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried the solution of going to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" raise "Direct show" to "2"... This did not work and i have searched for other help without luck..
Thx....
Tom

Minion  2003-01-06 22:54:08 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried to Raise the Priority of the "OpenDML File reader" in the Vfapi Plugins...???

TBentzen  2003-01-07 12:57:19 ( ID:wtq5mz4prrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I did try that, but to no avail. get the same error message about not being able to open it or unsupported. I have also tried adjusting the other settings varing who has top priority, with no success. Any other ideas i have gotten many other AVI files to open and convert without issue this seems to be the only one. The file was probably made in Japan as it is a print(Off Divx i think) of the Japanese version of the Ring, could it have anything to do with regions or how it was created. Is their any other details I can shed lightupon that might help?
Hopefully you have something else in mind would love to get this converted.
Tom

TBentzen  2003-01-10 11:25:28 ( ID:i0xom9h11y2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx for trying to help minion. I think the file was a corrupt or something. I used VirtualDub to resave the avi file, and found that it had issues with the audio track which it seemed to fix afterwards. Iwas then able to use tmpg to convert to mpeg..now i have a new problem with file size, but I will post that as a new problem thx again.
Tom

Question - CQ and CQ_VBR settings No.32971
SS  2003-01-06 20:42:23 ( ID:qretswk.fwj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could somebody explain CQ and CQ_VBR settings in detail. Is there any article which discusses these two settings.

In CQ I want to know the relationsip between CQ and bit rate setting. Is there any calculator which can calculate depending on the movie length and minimum and maximum bit rates what should I use for CQ setting.
For CQ_VBR I want to know how is it different than CQ.

Question - How Can I convert .mov --> *.mpg No.32969
Michael  2003-01-06 20:40:25 ( ID:7a892ymlnjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, please help me I need convert a movie .mov to .mpg, how Can I do it qith TMPG Enc
Thanks

Minion  2003-01-06 22:52:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need the Quicktime MOV Plugin...Look for it on Google...

Question - ERROR index of scan line is out of range(240) No.32967
Joel_H  2003-01-06 20:29:33 ( ID:8wboed5ypwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get an error while trying to convert an .avi file to .mpg as pal. After 41%, an error prompt comes up saying ERROR: index of scan line is out of range(240). I've done it three times ending up with the error message exactly at the same time. How do I solve this?

Minion  2003-01-06 22:51:41 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe This is an error in the File you are encodeing, this error often Pops up with Files that are downloed off the Net...

Request - HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD? No.32965
USER  2003-01-06 20:15:39 ( ID:3eyiejy9fwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD?

the mux rate that your encoder uses is not standard, so, mpeg2/DVD files it makes cannot be used to burn to .VOB/DVD. All these files have to then unecesarally be re-made with another encoder to make it standard!

thankyou

ASHY  2003-01-06 22:55:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Surely you are aware that you shouldn't be using TMPG to output a Muxed file for DVD authoring.
TMPG is used to simply create the MPEG with the correct characteristics. Your authoring program should do the rest.

There is a particular setting in TMPG for outputing seperate Video and Audio streams which are suitable for use in DVD authoring. Your DVD program will then do the correct muxing.

ASHY

Request - HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD? No.32964
USER  2003-01-06 20:13:20 ( ID:3eyiejy9fwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD?

the mux rate that your encoder uses is not standard, so, mpeg2/DVD files it makes cannot be used to burn to .VOB/DVD. All these files have to then unecesarally be re-made with another encoder to make it standard!

thankyou

Question - Same file size regardless of stream type??? No.32961
bruze  2003-01-06 16:43:11 ( ID:5iq10kudfxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do I get the same file size regardless of stream type at low bitrates?

I know that I have been doing his before and have gotten it to work, but now I get the same file size regardless of if I use non-standard VCD streaming or not.

I am encoding an 82 minute NTSC Film @ 1100 kbps video and 192 kbps audio but always end up with a file too large to burn to an 80 min VCD using Nero or VCDEasy. (And no, I'm not trying to burn it to a regular 700 MB ISO DataCD).

/Bruze

PS. TMPGEnc v2.59 is what I have been using.

ASHY  2003-01-06 17:16:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh please not this again.
Look around this BBS for your answer.

ASHY

Anonymous  2003-01-15 23:36:06 ( ID:djy46bwwuk. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOLROTF, what a joke!

Question - Method used in motion estimate search No.32960
Sam  2003-01-06 16:14:45 ( ID:eusjqdf/6vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I was wondering, does TMPGEnc use its own method in "motion estimate search" or does it use some of the methods that have already been developed earlier (such as PMVFAST and EPZS).

Question - illegal format error in 2.59: Again I ask my Question ... No.32954
Que2  2003-01-06 15:13:03 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Que2 2002/12/30 (Mon.) 12:14 ( IP:216.88.34.34 )

I want my option back to work with all decoders. I am a REGISTERED USER I DEMAND THIS! V2.59 IS GREAT IF ALL THAT YOU DO IS CREATE DVD OR VCD CONTENT, BUT YOUR PROGRAM WAS A GREAT FORMAT CONVERTER AS WELL. The versions after this change seem to not even check the format of the file but only the extension of the file in selecting a decoder.

It also seemed that 2.54 and earlier versions actually checked the format of the file, not just the extension, before saying that it could not do anything with it. In working with all the decoders on your system it was a unique tool that had not blocks nor restrictions. If something didn't work ok it just doesn't work but sometimes you were able to do some surprising things such as asf -> mpeg2.

Minion ( Mail ) 12/30 (Mon.) 18:23 ( IP:24.66.180.69 )

I don"t Know what you are Talking about..Nothing has Changed as of Version 2.54, the Only Change that there has Been is that Tmpgenc Now Supports More Mpeg2 decoders, and this change was Made in the 2.57 version..You can still encode ASF files and WMV files and any format that it has allways encoded...I
capture Video to WMV and ASF sometimes and encode it to Mpeg and Tmpgenc Handles them Without a Problem...I think it is Your System that has Changed and not Tmpgenc...You wouldn"t By Chance have Downloaded the Media Player 9 version??? Cuz this can cause the Windows Media Codecs to Not work and make other codecs Not work properly.....

Que2 12/31 (Tu.) 15:47 ( IP:216.88.34.34 ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, for my Rant.
You sound like a resonable person.

I only have exp. with 2.54 and lower because they do not link downloads of the 2.57 version. I have tried various other places on the net but no luck in
another non-site link for downloading this version for plus. They should have links to the older versions??

I was using the 2.54 version to create mpeg files.
I then was able to open the mpeg files again using browse.
(Note I did not do this using the mpeg tools because it would give me mpeg
video and mpeg audio and not the wave export that I was expecting.
Both video and audio would be availible. I would then use the export audio to wav option to export to wave so that I can encode this to ac3.

I upgraded straight to the 2.59 version.
The good thing is that I can generate pcm/wav audio right from the get go. (Cool saves me a step.)
The bad thing is that I still had quite a few mpeg files to do the above process on.
I tried to load the mpeg files created with 2.5.4 through browse with this
version and 2.5.9 told me that these were no longer valid files!
Using Mpeg-tools again was not a option because it only allows me to split the stream not export to wav.

I know you will prob. say that I can use some other tool to do this but I ask why? 2.5.4 did this fine and 2.5.7 might (I do not have this version)

I loaded the old 2.5.4 version alongside in another directory and tested quite a few different files and there were a few that could load in 2.5.4 which
2.5.9 seemed to out of hand reject.

So considering the changes involving decoding it seems to me the problem ...:)

Que2 12/31 (Tu.) 15:52 ( IP:216.88.34.34 )

As far as danilkadan's problem, it is the similar situation as being described here.

*I have not installed Media Player 9.
*I have tested the above on each of my 5 systems.

Que2  2003-01-06 15:14:48 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ask my questions again since there was not any responses to my response.
I am still having problems with 2.59 plus not reading files like 2.54 plus (I would like to try 2.54 plus (I am a registered user. So if I can find another place or link to download 2.57 plus it would be legal.)

etc. for example 2.54 you can browse a .vob and export either the audio and/or video in avi. If you load up the same .vob in 2.59 it says that it is an illegal format. Why is this? I know DVD2AVI is the recommended way but if I could do this with 2.54 and not with 2.59 isn't it a cop out to just say use DVD2AVI. I paid for TMPG and it did it fine enougth for me before why do I have to

frameserve through DVD2AVI (I could do a export through there without using TMPG if the dumb thing didn't break things up into 2GB/4Gb segments as if people doing video work would be using NTFS and a codec that could handle 4GB+ I think DVD2AVI is a poor program. But who asked what I thought about it anyway;)

Minon I know I am not out of my mind here that how 2.59 or 2.57+ has changed in how it reads files. It just seems that it just doesn't check the format of the files like the previous version. I just want the authors and or commenter to at least own up to that. Try the same yourself and compare the 2.54 or 2.57
(untested) version with 2.59 or 2.57+ and you will see for yourself the strangeness of the changes. (Or you may disprove me. At any rate I hope you actually compare 2.54 to 2.59 in real world tests and in consideration of the problems I have pointed out and not just depend on "faith" in 2.59.

Que2  2003-01-06 15:24:00 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ask the other people who are asking why do I get an illegal format with this or with that, try and use the versions before 2.57 such as 2.54 and see if your file doesn't load without error. I mean in 2.54 I can load in a vob and recrop it or use any of the other filters at my disposal.

(I will not argue over issues of quality loss and/or other issues but my point is that 2.54 did this and why no 2.59. If you quote this being the same, not having changed, and having the same functionality explain why files loading perfect under 2.54 are label "illegal format" under 2.59.

It is just a cop out to recommend DVD2AVI.

Just he facts Sir/Madame..

Que2  2003-01-06 15:26:53 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just the facts Sir/Madame.

Minion  2003-01-06 22:49:26 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory But I don"t have the Problems you are Describeing..I have never Been able to Get Tmpgenc to Decode the audio in a VOB file(AC3)..Sory No Help here...

Que  2003-01-07 15:26:21 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No. Not the audio in a .vob I was just talking about avi export of the video.

I must not be asking clearly or clear in the presentation of my question.

My primary problem is that I can "load" a file in one version and not in another.
In 2.59 I get a illegal file format error and in 2.54 it loads the file.

I get the same error (illegal file format) if I load a interleaved .mpeg file (with mpeg2 video and mpeg layer 2 audio.. Like the earlier versions would create).

Request - Richard Rollins No.32952
rjrollins  2003-01-06 12:20:13 ( ID:fah6klt7utn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How long is the free trial period for mpeg2 encoding?

I downloaded and installed last year and didn't use the software pending delivery of my DVD burner - honest;-) Having now received the burner and come to use your product, the MPEG 2 trial period has ended.

Please would it be possible to start another free trial period?

Also, can you tell me the difference between mpeg2 encoding in your product and the feature within say, MGI Videowave III? My preference is to use your product in conjunction with muvee as my preferred choice of editor.

Many Thanks,

-- Richard Rollins

Minion  2003-01-06 22:42:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have MGI VideoWave 5 and It"s Mpeg encodeing It Terrorable compared to Tmpgenc..and Once you have installed Tmpgenc the 30 days starts from there so you should have waited, the only way to get Tmpgenc working again is to Buy it...

Question - Unsupported .AVI No.32950
thuydinh76  2003-01-06 10:38:21 ( ID:enob4yszwt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just downloaded TMPGEnc 2.59 and then imported .avi file to encode into Mpeg video, but the error appears:"cannot open or unsupported this file".
Before I used version 2.53 but everything was OK. Also the same file format(.avi). I wonder if I must add more some plugin supported .avi file format.

Please show me what to do.
Thank you very much in advance.

Thuydinh,

Minion  2003-01-06 11:40:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should Maybe look for your answer first before posting Cuz the answer to this question is Posted Many times On this Page.."Options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" raise "Direct show" to "2"...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.