TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 286 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question image capture??? a420 1 2003-01-03 16:42:34
Question Very low bit-rate movies for web pages Jim Renkel 2 2003-01-04 06:02:29
Question AVI Issues mdlaycock 2 2003-01-04 05:59:51
Question error message help please lana 0 2003-01-03 04:41:14
Question What is analyzing? Sakuya 3 2003-01-04 05:57:26
Question Help with inverse telecine auto "deinterlace set threshold" Steve O 1 2003-01-04 05:52:25
Question Vedio capturing thru Firewire card. Kris 2 2003-01-04 05:45:23
Question Jerky sync on playback on DVD player gary lafferty 0 2003-01-03 01:13:19
Question Queary nog 0 2003-01-03 00:17:53
Question avi>mpeg then what.. how... Martim 3 2003-01-03 03:11:21
Question avi>mpeg then what.. how... Martim 0 2003-01-02 23:07:03
Question AVIsynth help Bobby 5 2003-01-03 19:50:17

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 286 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - image capture??? No.32794
a420  2003-01-03 14:11:41 ( ID:le..2nrvlog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you do image captures from a video using the program????

lupy  2003-01-03 16:42:34 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

file/output to file/sequence bmp/jpg etc......

Question - Very low bit-rate movies for web pages No.32791
Jim Renkel  2003-01-03 09:08:30 ( ID:jxarqf2ubmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

I want to be able to make short, very low bit rate MPEG movies of family, vacation, etc. for my personal web pages from AVI files imported from my DV camcorder.

In the demo version of TMPGEnc, all the parameter boxes for things like bit rate, image size, etc., that would get me to a low bit rate are greyed out.

Is this because these are disabled in the free demo version? Or are these just information display fields and they can't be set even if I paid for the non-demo version?

I just want to know that I'll probably be able to do what I want before I spend the money on the non-demo version.

The demo version worked just great to produce large, high bit rate MPEG movies, and I will probably spend the money for the non-demo version if I can be assured it will do what I want.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Renkel
james@renkel.name

lupy  2003-01-03 11:23:25 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

press the load button and goto the extras folder and load unlock.mcf.....

Minion  2003-01-04 06:02:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And there is a Bug in the Newest version that will not allow you to Lower the Bitrate lower than the VCD Standard when Encodeing VCD"s....

Question - AVI Issues No.32788
mdlaycock  2003-01-03 05:15:52 ( ID:s8q5py4cgxh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried usin the software on an older machine sonverting AVI files. It was working fine but taking forever. So I installed the software and gave it a run on a faster Machine and it refuses to load the same avi files?

The only funny thing that I have noticed is that the other machine has an older version of windows media player and can view/play the avi files, the new machine has the newest version Of windows media player with eth latest Codecs and still can't play the AVI files.
Does this have anu bearing?

Can you shed some light on this.

Both Machine are on windows 2000 server sp3

lupy  2003-01-03 11:27:02 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try option/environmental settings/VFAPI tab and raise the priority of the direct show multimedia file reader....

Minion  2003-01-04 05:59:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you Have Media Player 9 get rid of it cuz it will cause Major problems with Codecs and File decodeing...Doing as Lupy said will usually help with Files that will not load into tmpgenc....

Question - error message help please No.32787
lana  2003-01-03 04:41:14 ( ID:wogyvkjgyic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
currently whenever i am encoding avi to mpeg-1 I get the error ''Read error occured at address XXXXXXX of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with XXXXXXX' at some point during the process, which causes my encoding to stop and the need to start from the beginning again. I am not sure how to fix this and was hoping that someone may be able to explain what i am doing wrong and how to prevent it...thanks in advance

Question - What is analyzing? No.32783
Sakuya  2003-01-03 03:07:30 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I noticed some tutorials at VCDhelp.com used TMPGEnc's Project Wizard so I followed step by step. When I clicked on Start to start encoding, in the middle of the screen says "Analyzing". What does that mean? The numbers to the right of the blue progress bar at the top says 0/----- (of course the - means numbers). Does that mean it's only testing?! Because I have just spent about 5 hours "analyzing"...how can I prevent analyzing?

Steve O  2003-01-03 03:13:04 ( ID:nkutuac2lil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

2 pass VBR, right?

Analyzing means that it's going through the first pass to see where it should apply the highest bitrates to achieve the average bitrate you asked for. When it's gone through one pass, it'll do it again for real and the analyzing tag will go away.

Billy  2003-01-03 04:25:31 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, no wonder it takes so long! But what's the difference between CBR and 2-pass?

Minion  2003-01-04 05:57:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

CBR is "Constant Bit Rate" Maning that the Bitrate stays the same through the whole File...2-Pass is a VBR method Meaning "Variable Bit Rate" it analizes the file in the First Pass to determine when the Bitrate should be used to Produce the best quality while trying to Achive the average bitrate that you set in the Bitrate settings...2-Pass is Usually the Best quality setting But Not really with Tmpgenc, you can get Just as Good Quality in most cases useing the "CQ"(Constant Quality) setting, which is a Type of VBR setting But it is Difficult to Predict the Final File size...

Question - Help with inverse telecine auto "deinterlace set threshold" No.32781
Steve O  2003-01-03 02:42:15 ( ID:nkutuac2lil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm capturing some of my laserdiscs to burn to svcd. In messing with Raiders of the Lost Ark, I've come across a problem that seems to be a deinterlacing / inverse telecine artifact. On some scenes where there is alot of heavy horizontal lines, the video goes crazy for a few seconds then settles out. A good frame looks like this:

http://www.downtowncomputing.com/good_frame_01.jpg

Note the windows, particularly the cross pieces (muntins is the technical term I'm told).

Now look at a couple of bad frames:

http://www.downtowncomputing.com/bad_frame_01.jpg
http://www.downtowncomputing.com/bad_frame_02.jpg

Note again the windows and also the new jaggies on the desks and other straight edges. It looks nasty when playing the video in real time. It jumps in and out between good and bad.

The original .avi files (captured with VirtualDub using Huffyuv v2.1.1 compression at 640x480) show no signs of problems.

I've found that I can eliminate the problem by changing an Inverse Telecine setting. Under Setting, Advanced, Inverse Telecine, Auto-Setting, the default "deinterlace set threshold" is 300 for deinterlace method of Even-Odd field (field). If I change it to 400, everything seems OK.

Any idea what's going on and why changing that setting seemed to fix the problem? Will changing that cause me any problems down the road?

Thanks,
Steve

Minion  2003-01-04 05:52:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

These Artifacts should Only appear on your Computer Monitor Cuz The Monitor displays a Progressive Image so it doesn"t Display Interlaced Material Properly..it should Look fine on your TV ...Or you can Just use a De-Interlace Filter..You can"t use "Inverce Telicline" On NTSC Materal...Inverce Telicline Will only work Properly on Material that has Been Previously Teliclined From A Progressive Film Source...

Question - Vedio capturing thru Firewire card. No.32778
Kris  2003-01-03 01:27:54 ( ID:xapkon0ds0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi friends,
I have firewire card for my DV camera. Is there any method or peripherals that I can connect my VCR to that card to catch VHS vedio to PC to produce VCDs (without using DV camera). I am new bee to this. So can you educate me how to do it, if it is possible to produce VCDs from VHS thru firewire card. Advance thanks.

BubbaLeRoy  2003-01-03 20:39:51 ( ID:dvob6yf7wf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Canopus ADVC 100

http://www.canopus.com/US/products/advc-100/pm_advc-100.asp

Looks like the best solution to me. I did the research a while ago, just haven't bought it yet.

Minion  2003-01-04 05:45:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Some DV Cameras Have RCA Inputs in them that will let you Plug in your VCR and then it will Convert the analog Signal to a Digital Signal...Or you Can Buy a $20 analog Capture Card to capture from VHS...

Question - Jerky sync on playback on DVD player No.32777
gary lafferty  2003-01-03 01:13:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have a question about playing back VCD's on my DVD player. I have used TMPEGenc to create the VCD's, which playback fine on the PC. But when I play them on my DVD player, every few minutes the sound will go out of sync with the video. Then the playback becomes jerky until the sound is sync'd again.

I am already using a .WAV file from VritualDub to encode with the .AVI file.

I have 1 disk that plays okay, the others are all jerky. Could this be something to do with the 'field order' setting in TMpegEnc ?

Any/all advice much appreciated.

Question - Queary No.32776
nog  2003-01-03 00:17:53 ( ID:jriuyc6p8ta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the first time Ive used the program, its been strongly recommended.
Im trying to convert an avi file to svcd but when I enter it into the the video scorse after selecting PAL it says format not supported, although its just a standard divx file as far as I know.
Any help much appreciated.

Question - avi>mpeg then what.. how... No.32772
Martim  2003-01-02 23:15:37 ( ID:1hkss7/5ob6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used this software for the 1st time. Created a test conversion avi>mpeg2 and got a .m2v file and a .wav file. Please can you tell me how I can use these files or a series of these files to burn my DVD..? am using Pinnacle Express... Thank you for your help

Minion  2003-01-02 23:39:22 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a Job for your DVD Authoring program...so read the instructions for your authoring program or go to the Support site for your Authoring program Cuz we aren"t experts in Pinnacle software and this isn"t a Pinnacle forum...

Martim  2003-01-03 00:27:54 ( ID:1hkss7/5ob6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you and sorry for having asked you such question. Nonetheless, can TMPGEnc-2.59.47.155-Free burn a project to my DVD-R..?

Question2 if I may: Why can't I read the m2v file created? How can I?

Thank you your help

jdacunha  2003-01-03 03:11:21 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can not burn a DVD with TMPGEnc. It encodes/creates a MPEG file so you can author and burn for instance with NeroVision Express or Ulead DVD factory.

Question - avi>mpeg then what.. how... No.32771
Martim  2003-01-02 23:07:03 ( ID:1hkss7/5ob6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used this software for the 1st time. Created a test conversion avi>mpeg2 and got a .m2v file and a .wav file. Please can you tell me how I can use these files or a series of these files to burn my DVD..? am using Pinnacle Express... Thank you for your help

Question - AVIsynth help No.32765
Bobby  2003-01-02 22:44:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Guys ....
Ashy and Minion you were really helpful with a previous question and I wondered whether I could pick your brains again ... please.
I have seen a number of posts where you recommend using AVIsynth to get rid of the jerky playback when converting AVI to DVD MPEG2.
Unfortunatley ... I've tried everything and scoured the net for a newbie guide and I still can't get AVIsynth to work. I've downloaded AVIsynth and can run basic scrips (i.e. 'VERSION' etc.) and I'm sure that what I want to do is simple but it's driving me insane !
Here's what I want to do ..I simply want to convert a 23.976fps AVI movie to either 25fps (720x576) PAL or 29.97fps (720x480)using AVIsynth (or anything else) to get rid of the jerkiness. This is so I can burn to DVD.
I'm confused about all the different command such as 'BOB', 'DOUBLEWEAVE' and 'CHANGEFPS' etc. etc.
Could anyone provide an easy step by step guide on exactly what to do to get this to work. Even better, a working script that I could copy and paste would be wonderful.

I'll be forever grateful .... Thanks,
Bobby.

Minion  2003-01-02 23:37:03 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have a 23.9fps file you can convert it to 29.9fps without useing AVISynth, you just need to use 3:2 pulldown in Tmpgenc, or maybe the "23.9fps/29.9fps internall" frame rate setting...

Bobby  2003-01-03 08:56:24 ( ID:vlkemahcicr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the swift response Minion.
I am aware that I can use 3:2 pulldown and in fact this is what I have been doing.
However, this is where the jerky playback seems to come from even though I am using very high bitrates and high quality settings.
I have converted AVI movies that originated at 25fps and converted them to MPEG2 at 25fps and everything was smooth.
This is why I assumed the jerky playback on converted 23.9fps must be due to
TMPGEnc's inability to convert FPS properly?
Am I wrong ???

Mark  Home )  2003-01-03 10:27:43 ( ID:8otx2zn0lfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Changing frame rate will always make the video jerkier. The amount of degradation depends on the ratio between the old and new frame rates.

Think about what it is trying to do: the original file has a stream of images spaced at x ms apart, and the software has to re-space those same images to give a stream y ms apart. It can only do this by duplicating or dropping images: only very advanced software can "morph" new intermediate images. Every duplication of dropped frame will make the stream noticeably jerkier.

Bobby  2003-01-03 12:44:30 ( ID:vlkemahcicr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Mark,

I unuderstand what you are saying but that brings me back to my original question .... can AVIsynth (or anything else) sort this problem out?
Or am I stuck with jerky playback on 23.9FPS AVI's converted to DVD format?

ASHY  2003-01-03 19:50:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry mark, but I'm going to have to disagree with you here.
Your right changing framerate can cause artifacts, but using 3:2 pulldown to convert 23.976 to 29.97 shouldn't cause this as there is no frame duplication or dropping by the software.
This is acheived by the player duplicating ceratain frames in particular sequence.

3:2 pulldown simply adds flags not frames to tell the player which frames to repeat.

Bobby as for the jerky playback is your AVI a progressive AVI and not interlaced and definitely 23.976 fps?

Also are you using the correct setting. DO NOT use the 3:2 pullown option under the advanced tab.
You need to use the '3:2 pulldown when playback' option where it says 'encode mode' under the 'Video' tab.

The easiest way is to load your file then load the DVD(ntsc) template and unlock the settings.
Change the framerate to 23.976 then change the 'Encode mode' to '3:2 pulldown when playback' this will then change the framerate setting to '23.976 fps(internally 29.97 fps)'

Ensure no other filters are checked. You should now be able to encode without jerky playback.

If this doesn't work correctly then there must be some problem with original AVI. If you really need the AVIsynth script then post back.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.