TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 290 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Can not read a SVCD file Kobesan 1 2003-01-01 09:24:42
Question im confused BH 3 2003-01-03 21:01:40
Question no sound cheech 1 2003-01-01 07:55:44
Question Tmpgenc -High pitched beeps tys1977 3 2003-01-04 13:20:28
Request Scenarist SCC Captioning Support yet? Skwhirl 0 2002-12-31 23:21:23
Request picture is boxy at high action scenes SS 7 2003-01-06 23:14:50
Request backfolder backfolder 0 2002-12-31 14:31:49
Bug report NTDLL.DLL bug?? highroyds 5 2003-01-11 22:37:25
Question Quicktime movie to Video cd Bas 1 2003-01-01 01:49:05
Bug report Often getting Errors before finish Paul Dwyer 4 2003-01-02 02:39:22
Question stupid questions? (cont'd) BH 1 2003-01-01 01:47:59
Request tmpgenc won't open my avi files???????? freddy 5 2003-01-03 01:39:38

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 290 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Can not read a SVCD file No.32665
Kobesan  2003-01-01 08:53:53 ( ID:mkyklv/5yd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I try to open an SVCD file to encode, it says cannot open or unsupported. Is there a fix to this?

Minion  2003-01-01 09:24:42 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you need to encode a SVCD file???If it is allready a SVCD then you can just Burn it, But if you are trying to say make it into a VCD or a DVD it is a Bit of a Waste of Time and effort Cuz the Movie will loose Quality from Re-Encodeing it and will Never look as Good as the Original especially if you are makeing a DVD Out of it...But if you for some reason have to do it then there are better ways than loading the File directly into Tmpgenc and encodeing...The best way to encode Mpeg2 files with Tmpgenc is to Use DVD2AVI to Make a D2V project file and demux the audio, then just encode the D2V file to Mpeg and Mux the Audio with it...To load Mpeg files directly into Tmpgenc you need to have a certain Mpeg2 decoder Installed on your Computer and it has to show up in your VFAPI Plugins..You need either the "Cyberlink Mpeg2 decoder" the "Ligos Mpeg2 decoder" or the "Sony Mpeg2 decoder", if you have Power DVD Installed then you should have the Cyberlink Decoder and if you install the "Nemo" or "Tsunami" Codec pack then you will Have the "Ligos Mpeg2 decoder"...

Question - im confused No.32661
BH  2003-01-01 08:45:36 ( ID:qowohxq9kyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what exactly is tmpgenc for?, what purpose does it serve?, i called my hp and the guy recommended this to make the movie fit on one dvd, and now i don't understand what exactly to do. I have run the avi through tmpgenc and it is separated into two files mpg and wav, now what?

Minion  2003-01-01 09:16:03 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that you Really don"t have a Clue what you are doing...Tmpgenc is For encodeing AVI/ASF/Mpeg/WMV/Mov/ Files to Mpeg1/2 format to be Used in the Creation of VCD/SVCD/DVD"s..Once you have the Mpeg Video file and the Audio file it needs to Be authored to DVD/CD-R with an Authoring Program..An authoring Program will Help you add Chapters and Menu"s and Titles and the other stuff you see on DVD"s and it will Format the Mpeg and audio file to a Video-TS Folder and Burn it to DVD-R..There is Much Much more to Makeing a DVD/VCD/SVCD than just makeing a Mpeg file and Burning it to a Disk, You will Need to do Quite a Bit of Learning and Trial and error Before you will be able to Watch your Movie on your DVD Player...Go here "www.doom9.net/" and here: www.vcdhelp.com and read up on some stuff and take a Look at some guides...

person17b  2003-01-03 00:27:15 ( ID:dpprt6p3d2f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Very helpful Minion. Once again the more I thought I new,
the less I can actually do. I am nearly as clueless, but
have read everything I can find on the topic. Could you please
help me with my problem below.

I am using Nero 5.5.9 and oddly, it will only allow my tmpgenc encoded
m2v video file in the AUDIO_TS folder (not the VIDEO_TS folder), and
will not accept my .wav file at all (requests other formats such as VOB). I dont need any menus, chapters, or further editing. I just want to burn my
m2v file with my wav file to DVD-R and my deadline grows ever nearer.

Any help?
Dave

BubbaLeRoy  2003-01-03 21:01:40 ( ID:dvob6yf7wf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will need a DVD Authoring program before you can burn with Nero.What other software did you get with your DVD burner?

Question - no sound No.32659
cheech  2003-01-01 07:14:53 ( ID:7jd2qlyfokm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

whenever i try to encode a dvd rip ive downloaded the video encodes fine but theres no audio i tried to encode the audio only (a sample) BUT IT STILL WONT PLAY.

Minion  2003-01-01 07:55:44 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess you are Talking about a DivX Copy of a DVD Rip..The Reason why there is No audio is Because the Audio in the DivX file is either VBR MP3 or AC3 and Tmpgenc Doesn"t handle these Audio Formats very well...The audio needs to be Extracted to a WAV file with Virtual Dub or AVI-Mux, then use the Extracted WAV file as the audio source...

Question - Tmpgenc -High pitched beeps No.32655
tys1977  2003-01-01 00:08:55 ( ID:o2emeyxrhyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I encode a vcd or svcd to dvd format with Tmpgenc Plus I get high pitched beeps in certain spots all through the movie. It's not from joining two files together because it does it before I join anything and they're definitely not in the original. I've tried using the external audio tools like toolame, ssrc, smpx, but nothing seems to get rid of those beeps. Can someone please help with this? Thanks.

Rick  2003-01-01 05:29:11 ( ID:5mr9jq63jc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

set your vbv buffer size to 0-automatic.

Rick

tys1977  2003-01-03 06:31:02 ( ID:o2emeyxrhyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried chaning the vbv to 0-automatic, but I still have the same problem - high pitched beeps at regular intervals all the way through the movie. Any other suggestions on what this is and what might help? I've tried adjusting every setting I cn think of and nothing seems to fix it >:(

ASHY  2003-01-04 13:20:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If these beeps are random. This is most likely to be a problem with using cheap DVD disks or burning the disk too fast.
Try to burn your DVD at 1x.

This sounds like decoding errors. I have experienced this on several occasions myself with VCD/SVCD burned to cheap CDR or burned too fast.

How are you importing the audio into your DVD program? Are you using MPEG audio or wav audio?
My suggestion is to import the audio as wav audio.

ASHY

Request - Scenarist SCC Captioning Support yet? No.32654
Skwhirl  2002-12-31 23:21:23 ( ID:tzrdeco4zow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In case anyone has ever wondered how Closed Captions (not the DVD player generated subtitles, but those bloack boxes that pop up when you hit the CC button on your TV set) are included in DVDs, it's part of the MP3 transcoding process.

I noticed TMPGEnc has a "Multiplex"ing feature and wondered if they had any plans to make those nifty and VITAL SCC caption files multiplexable with their software. It's a pretty basic script with the time codes (hh:mm:ss:ff) and a row of commands and hex chars (convertable from the disassembly language very easily) so I'd imagine it would be very easy to write support into their current setup since the SCC files are already in a compatible format.

A good site to read more about this trick which MANY would find useful is here:

http://www.sonic.net/~mcpoodle/SCC_TOOLS/DOCS/SCC_TOOLS.HTML

Request - picture is boxy at high action scenes No.32646
SS  2002-12-31 20:18:20 ( ID:qretswk.fwj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have TMPGEnc version 2.58. When I encode a video the high action scenes are boxy. How do I prevent that from happening. I am using SVCD template with bit rates of 1700. I have tried VBR and CQ settings and both gave articrafts at high action scenes like blast or fire.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Minion  2003-01-01 01:44:36 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the reason why the Artifacts appear at high motion scenes Is because your Bitrate is Too Low, it is 800kbs below standard so there will be Blockyness, if the Motion search is set to "Medium" try moveing it to "High" which should help a Little bit But raiseing the Bitrate will help...

ASHY  2003-01-01 12:30:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The bitrate is far too low for SVCD.
To get rid of the blockiness almost completely, do as minion suggests and use the CQ method of encoding then set the bitrate to:- Min- 1800 Max- 4000 Quality- 65
Reduce the audio to 160 and split the movie to 2 disks.

This will allow you to fit a regular movie of high quality of about 100mins on 2 disks .

ASHY

Olli  2003-01-01 13:23:37 ( ID:5zujw0ub3q. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also check out reports on your player at www.vcdhelp.com to see what max rate your player can handle ....

SS  2003-01-02 00:42:33 ( ID:vsipfo.vvuj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thankyou all for replying so quick. I have 120min. of movie. Would I still be able to set the minimum bitrate to 1800 to fit the movie on 2CDs. I already use 128 for audio.

Would CQ_VBR not improve the picture quality at high scenes still keeping the bit rate for slow scenes low.

Thanks,

ASHY  2003-01-02 21:16:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't use '2 pass' or 'CQ_VBR' for VBR encoding use 'Constant quality(CQ)'. this is by far the best method for encoding most movies.

For a 2hour movie you would probably be better off encoding to MPEG1, but if you want SVCD then a min bitrate of 1200kb/s and max of 3500kb/s and quality 55 should just about do it, but you may need to overburn the disk.

ASHY

SS  2003-01-06 20:56:02 ( ID:qretswk.fwj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you calculate min. max bit rates and CQ value. Is there any calculator available for this.

Thanks,

ASHY  2003-01-06 23:14:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you can't really, but there are ways of finding out roughly.

First of all 1800kb/s is the minium you will be able to go without noticible macroblocks being introduced.

To find out what max bitrate and quality you should set you need to encode about a minute of a regular part of the movie.

Multiply the resulting filesize by the number of mins in the movie and you will have a rough idea if it will fit or not. To make it more accurate encode a 5min test file and do the math.

This is obviously trial and error but it gives something to aim for. In time with experience you will instinctively know what settings to use for each movie.

Refer back to the previous post above for some good starting point settings.

ASHY

Request - backfolder No.32645
backfolder  2002-12-31 14:31:49 ( ID:gcshkunlhuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Easy,
It will be nice to see displayed the Completed Percentage when we minimize main window, so we don´t ever need to maximize to see the progress of our work. This is like Nero B.R does, take a look.

Thanx in advance.
backfolder.

Bug report - NTDLL.DLL bug?? No.32639
highroyds  2002-12-31 13:53:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone else was having this problem??

When you try to either encode or do certain tasks in the program it comes up with a message error in the ntdll.dll file??

Cheers

Highroyds

Shaam  2002-12-31 15:57:16 ( ID:/r/gsve4dkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep, I get the same. Even happens when I start the program

Shaam  2002-12-31 15:59:51 ( ID:/r/gsve4dkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BTW ... I am using

Windows XP SP1
AMD 2000XP
TMPGEnc 2.59.47.155

Shaam  2002-12-31 16:43:31 ( ID:/r/gsve4dkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay ... fixed it.

This is what I did:

1) Went into instalation directory
2) Deleted CurrentCfg.tpr file
3) Restart TMPGEnc

Ensure your TEMP directory (Under Environment Variables in TMPGEnc) is pointing to a drive with enought space.

James  2003-01-01 08:45:13 ( ID:38dmuigotyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tried your tip and yet it's still giving me a write error with the ntdll.dll

Tried on two different systems (XP 2100 and Celeron) and 2 different OS's (XP and 2k)

Any more hints ?

cu  2003-01-11 22:37:25 ( ID:kcg4l5esyi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, had file encoded with xVid. Latest free TmpGENC. Could not get TmpGENC to recognize/play audio. Would get ntdll.dll msg, runtime 216, etc.

Then went into TmpGENC under Environmental settings and raised priority of DirectShow until TmpGENC played the audio stream (AC3?).

Also, make sure the TEMP directory under Environmental has enough space.

Works great and no more error messages!

Question - Quicktime movie to Video cd No.32637
Bas  2002-12-31 12:18:22 ( ID:d6y0zcgmn9l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anybody know howto convert a quicktimemovie (trailers) to a (super)videocd?

Minion  2003-01-01 01:49:05 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need the "Quicktime Mov VFAPI Plugin" look for it on Google and you will find it....

Bug report - Often getting Errors before finish No.32632
Paul Dwyer  2002-12-31 05:51:41 ( ID:ewgc4pv6cf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When converting AVIs to DVDs or VCDs I am often getting the error

"Illegal floating point decimal calculation Order."

DV AVIs from my movie camera are okay but AVI out put from Flask (using MS MP4) have the error a lot.

The same file does not error in the same place twice and often I can get through hundreds of megs before the error and sometime if I just geep trying I can get the whole file done. Considering that it takes about 4hrs to do these files, doing them 8 times is not fun.

Any work around for this?

Using win2k on a P4, tried XP and got the same error,

Paul Dwyer  2002-12-31 07:50:31 ( ID:ewgc4pv6cf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I saw some other articles about changing the codec priorities to put direct show first, I made this change and am still getting errors

Does anyone else have tmpgenc crash a lot half way through?

Paul Dwyer  2002-12-31 12:16:33 ( ID:ewgc4pv6cf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just did a search of the forums and I see a lot of people have had this. Answers range though:

- Bad AVI Files (not in my case, happened with lots of types, many other people say the same thing)
- Disable some CPU options (helped some people and not others)
- Increase priority on Directshow (Helped some people and not others)
- Having another program install a plug in that needs to be disabled (many people didn't have that plug in
- Installing an older version of tMPGEnc (once again, helped some people and not others)

I think a propper FAQ entry needs to be added on this (first place I started looking) to show some of the possible solutions so far. Haven't fixed it here though but I never had the problem with the shareware version but that only allowed 30 (?) mpeg2 usages.

Definately an issue for the next build to look into, this error is not being caught properly

Minion  2003-01-01 04:52:01 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a Definate Fix for this error..But it makes the encodeing take MUCH Longer..Like So much longer that it isn"t worth useing this Fix.But if you want to try it go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "CPU" and UN-Check the SSE and SSE-2 Boxes...then go to the regular Settings to "Quantize Matrix" and UN-Check the "Use Floating point DTS" Box, this will Disable the Floating Point so you Can not get the error..But like I said the Encodeing will Take a Lot longer, you 4 hour Encode might turn into a 24 hour Encode..You can also Try Frameserveing the File to Tmpgenc with Virtual Dub or AVISynth, Or use a Different Encoder on the Files you Can"t get encoded, There are a Couple of High Quality Mpeg encoders out there that are as good or better than Tmpgenc ,But probably not with all of the features of Tmpgenc or the Cheap Price..

Zaggy  2003-01-02 02:39:22 ( ID:cytpq2yncgo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I too have had problems with encoding, BUT ONLY on my machine... A friend and i use the SAME version of TMPGEnc, and have used this same version on the same file. On my machine, i will get an exception error steming from the TMPGEnc exe file, but he doesnt.

He's running a Celeron 366, 128Mb RAM, TNT2, Win2K etc as his encoding machine, while im running TMPGEnc on an old AMD K6/2 300, 128Mb RAM, S3ViRGE, under Win2K. Any idea why i would be getting failures? Should there be a setting i need to enable or disable due to the fact im running an AMD Processor?

Thanks...

Question - stupid questions? (cont'd) No.32630
BH  2002-12-31 05:41:19 ( ID:qowohxq9kyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do you burn the files on to a dvd after you've already encoded and the video file have been separated into mpg and wav files.

Minion  2003-01-01 01:47:59 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Don"t.....This is a Job for an Authoring program..An authoring program will Format the Mpeg file to a Video_TS Folder and Burn it to a DVD-R...

Request - tmpgenc won't open my avi files???????? No.32624
freddy  2002-12-31 04:07:50 ( ID:pscmpocc58h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there i need someone's help i used to have tmpgenc on my system for years but lately my system crashed by virus so i had to reformat the hard drive but when i redownloaded tmpgenc it doesn't work now all i get is " the avi file does not open or is not supported""" i get that in all avi files even the ones that used to work before so i don't know what's up it seems that i am missing something for it to work can anybody help plz???????

Jim  2002-12-31 04:25:36 ( ID:/vrfvpjulvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

- did you reload all your codecs as well? (DivX, Xvid,....etc.)

Minion  2002-12-31 05:05:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you Raise the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader".....It might have felt like it was years that you had it on your Computer But Tmpgenc has Been out that Long, I think the First Beta Version Came out about 20 months ago, and the First actuall release was about 11 months ago...

Omniart  2003-01-01 18:56:36 ( ID:jmbygkfeirf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI,

I am having the same problem. I converted several AVIs with TMPEGen. I installed a couple other programs and now TMPEG won't open the very same AVI files. I have no idea where the codecs reside, and how to check for versions. I didn't see anything in the TMPEG directories. There is no real install with TMPEG, you just place the files in a directory.
Where can I get some help on tracking down the problems with the, I assume, codecs?

Thanks to all!

Fred

DMan  2003-01-01 19:56:29 ( ID:xasyupiq0/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

i had the same problem after i installed Nimo Codec Pack Build 8. When i uninstallit everything goes fine...

:|

Omniart  2003-01-03 01:39:38 ( ID:jmbygkfeirf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks... I did install some other progs. Do the programs install the codecs? Is there a utility to manage codecs available? That would help us novices!

Thanks,

Fred

>hi,
>
>i had the same problem after i installed Nimo Codec Pack Build 8. When i uninstallit everything goes fine...
>
>:|

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.