TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 296 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Audio - but no video - after conversion from AVI to MPG Nondual 2 2002-12-31 06:42:31
Question Black Screen Rachel 2 2002-12-29 18:21:39
Question Dan Bigdog 1 2002-12-28 00:10:57
Question MP43 codec Bamur 1 2002-12-28 00:04:52
Question hi i have a problems with TMPG encoder davewave 2 2002-12-28 00:03:44
Question wont play tops1 1 2002-12-27 17:40:24
Question Large DIVX --> VCD ??? Pittatrabi 6 2002-12-28 00:50:22
Question Stop encoding and continue later Gacserus 4 2003-01-04 02:50:22
Question No audio after merging FordPrefect 2 2002-12-28 20:32:21
Question Non-Standard VCD Billy 3 2002-12-27 19:30:46
Bug report No Sound after 1:42 on VCDs Richard Heck 0 2002-12-27 01:51:34
Question Deleting VCD Menus? Billy 5 2002-12-27 19:47:53

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 296 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Audio - but no video - after conversion from AVI to MPG No.32450
Nondual  2002-12-27 23:01:27 ( ID:mfeofrxsya2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have a problem similar to Rachel's earlier...

I converted a video with an .avi extension, which is probably a DivX compressed one, into .mpg with TMPGEnc 2.59. I have all the latest codecs, including DivX and the .avi plays perfectly in my Windows Media Player. But the .mpg that comes out of TMPGEnc has only audio, but no video at all. Just a black screen. The file is huge, bigger than the original .avi. So, what do you folks think happened? What should I do?

Thanks!

Minion  2002-12-28 00:13:26 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Read Rachels answer to your Question....

nondual  2002-12-31 06:42:31 ( ID:mfeofrxsya2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply.

You are right -- there is no picture during conversion, so no picture afterward either.

Have tried again after raising the setting to +2 (and later, upon someone's suggestion in another forum to +4), but still no picture during conversion. I let it run for a short time and aborted the trials. The short clips that resulted also had audio but no video.

What's there left to be done? Please help!

Question - Black Screen No.32447
Rachel  2002-12-27 22:41:35 ( ID:2wjx/wo6w1l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted an avi file to mpeg using TMPGenc, and when I play it on my player it has audio with a black screen. How do I convert the avi file correctly?

Minion  2002-12-28 00:12:32 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There has to ba a Picture in the Tmpgenc screen while encodeing for there to be a Picture in the File...Try this , go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...This should work..

Rachel  2002-12-29 18:21:39 ( ID:2wjx/wo6w1l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It worked! Thank you.

After downloading junk programs and waiting hours to convert to no avail, TMPGEnc is the first one to give support and convert successfully. Again thanks.

Question - Dan No.32445
Bigdog  2002-12-27 22:25:51 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Greetings and thanks in advance for any help. I am new to this process and after reading lots of posts, I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea of what I'm doing. First off, the source for my avi files is usually an internet download. These downloads are generaly of such poor quality, that by the time I convert them to mpeg 1 using tmpgen, and burn them to vcd, they are hardly worth looking at. Where can I find better video files? Secondly, I recently downloaded the latest version of tmpgen, and now when i try to convert any of the avis' I have on my HD, I get the dreaded "not compatible or unable to decode" error message. Also I would like to know if converting to mpeg 2 makes a better quality movie? Sorry if I sound stupid, however in these matters I am, and I am only trying to educate myself. Any help from anyone will be trully appreciated. Dan

Minion  2002-12-28 00:10:57 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Best Place to Get Files to Make VCD/SVCD"s is to make them your Self...Either Get a Capture card and Capture your Own movies from TV or VHS or Digital Camera or the best quality files come from Ripping DVD"s with a DVD-Rom..and Yes Mpeg2 is a Better Quality Format But the Thing that determines the Quality is the Quality of the Source File and the Bitrate used to encode that File to Mpeg...and Mpeg2 is the standard for SVCD and DVD and is not for VCD even though I use Mpeg2 for VCD"s all the time But there is a Trick to it.....if you want to find out about Makeing VCD/SVCD/DVD"s then go to "http://www.vcdhelp.com/" here you will find allmost everything you will need to start makeing VCD"s....

Question - MP43 codec No.32443
Bamur  2002-12-27 22:23:43 ( ID:dkxybtx5krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see some other people with a similar problem to mine, when trying to open a file it pops up saying "File "*.avi" cannot open, or unsupported". I have found that all the files that this happens with have the mp43 codec on them. Does any one know how to either make tmpgenc work for these or how to change the codec to something that tmpgenc can encode?

Thanks

Minion  2002-12-28 00:04:52 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look at the Post below this one But if that don"t work then you can try Frame serveing the File with "Virtual Dub"....

Question - hi i have a problems with TMPG encoder No.32440
davewave  2002-12-27 16:20:49 ( ID:0jh7dykpbr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi i have a problems with TMPG encoder

an error message comes, but not always with each Avi
error message: The File........... can not open,or unsupported????????????? hmmmmmmm

do you know me help?ist some wrong Avi? hmmm thanks

Jarre  2002-12-27 17:27:55 ( ID:y6d8tmgzom6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is your DivX movie coded with DivX codec higher than version 4.12?
Check this out. To do that you can use Avi tag editor or simply check properties of the file.

Minion  2002-12-28 00:03:44 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this ,,Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2".. this should get the file loaded ..

Question - wont play No.32438
tops1  2002-12-27 14:51:28 ( ID:mkse6mcbzdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i encoded a film in avi format to mpeg,made vcd with nero5.5 but it wont play in computer or in standalone dvd player which supports vcd's?? any ideas you clever people??

rgds tops1

Jarre  2002-12-27 17:40:24 ( ID:y6d8tmgzom6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good advice - DO NOT USE Nero to encode Avi to Mpeg1 (VCD format). It will provide you with vey poor quality result :o( Use TMPGnc program !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There may be another reason because it's happend to me. Although my DVD player recognizes VCD format, it doesn't play VCD files written on ANY KIND of CD. I'm 100% sure of that !!! It took me a while to find a CD with the proper surface. Not all the CDs are made equal. You can check the surface of a CD with Nero. Look for the Dye Type 8, then your VCD disk will play on your DVD player.

Question - Large DIVX --> VCD ??? No.32431
Pittatrabi  2002-12-27 14:03:27 ( ID:cl393hxwwcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to make a VCD with Tmpgenc at 700 Kbps bitrate (because my movie is 96 minutes), but the software won't make it, only at 1150 Kbps. I tried many ways. Where is the problem?

Please help me,
I don't want to make 2 CD movies :))

Thks!

Jarre  2002-12-27 17:55:46 ( ID:y6d8tmgzom6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, 1150 is a standard for Video CD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you use different bit rate than 1150 kbps your DVD player WILL NOT play it!!!!
I can assure you of that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can change bit rate for your VCD but you have to use manual mode (for experts only - no kidding) - DO NOT use Wizard. It will give you then ready, preset options. Disable it
In TMPGnc in the file menu open new project. Then in lower right corner click on button "Settig". You can manipulate all the possible options there.
I don't recommend that. Once again - if you change standard bit rate for VCD from 1150 to another your DVD player won't recognize the disc.
Have fun and try.

ASHY  2002-12-27 19:20:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't worry your DVD player may play the disk. There are many players which can play lower than standard bitrates no problem. I have 2 different players that do and a friend who also has a player which plays non standard VCD's.

The reason you are having this problem could be due to the reasons below:

a. You have loaded a VCD template and just unlocked the settings and simply lowered the bitrate.
To lower the bitrate you need to change the stream setting to 'MPEG1 VCD Non standard' otherwise TMPG will pad the bitrate to standard regardless of how low you set the bitrate. You can find the stream type setting under Setting>System

b. There is a problem with muxer in the latest version of TMPG. When creating VCD MPEGs the muxer is using the standard VCD muxing rate and padding the stream to standard VCD bitrate whether or not you choose the 'Non standard VCD' stream setting or not.

To remedy your problem above simply remultiplex your MPEG in an earlier version of TMPG using the 'MPEG1 VCD Non standard' stream type setting. This will remove the padding.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-12-27 19:24:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If you use different bit rate than 1150 kbps your DVD player WILL NOT play it!!!!

I can assure you that most DVD players will play non standard bitrate VCD's being that they are variable bitrate machines by design and are usually only limited by the type of drive used as higher than normal bitrate VCD's need a faster drive to cope with the higher spinrate needed.
Yours must be one of a few that won't.

ASHY

Jarre  2002-12-27 23:33:08 ( ID:y6d8tmgzom6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy.........it was a good lesson for me to read a little more about DVD players, however there is one thing I do not understand.
Why lower standard VCD bit rate which is actually very low already? Isn't obvious that this will affect the quality of the movie file? I belief that anyone wants to "produce" the best quality movies, much better or equal than VHS, in order to watch them afterwords on DVD player. Doesn't it?

Minion  2002-12-28 00:01:44 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes thats True But some Poeple Don"t care what crap that they watch on TV...I personally Try to get the best Possible Quality ,But others just want to Squeeze as Much on a CD-R Cuz they are to cheap or lazy to change the CD half way through the movie....there is no accounting for Taste...

ASHY  2002-12-28 00:50:22 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I absolutely agree with you and Minion. Why anybody would want to reduce the standard VCD bitrate even further is beyond me just to save a disk. VCD is bad enough and it's no hardship to swap a disk over and the quality increase is dramatic.
I usually encode to MPEG2 and I can fit a high quality movie without macroblocks on to 2 80min disks using the right settings.

ASHY

Question - Stop encoding and continue later No.32426
Gacserus  2002-12-27 13:17:01 ( ID:rkqmkdzcbzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any way to stop encoding and later continue. It may help during long lasting encodiung process, you would likr to do something else.thanx in advance, Gacserus.

Dodzzz  2002-12-27 16:16:35 ( ID:ckrrtd0brqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yeah, that'd be cool if I could pause TMPGEnc to resume later and turn off the computer in some rare cases.

Minion  2002-12-27 23:58:07 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can Stop encodeing and continue later But you can"t turn off your Computer.....You just Press "Stop" then a Dialog will pop up asking if you really want to abort encodeing , and you just don"t answer and go do what you have to do and when you want to resume encodeing you just answer "NO" and it will resume encodeing....

tb33  2002-12-27 23:59:19 ( ID:1rp7uzodixc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to know the same thing

Tikkanen  2003-01-04 02:50:22 ( ID:c4dkqcpzbww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, this would be a very nice feature to have. I would love to be able to pause/save the intermediate encoding results to play some games or whatever, and then fire up TMPGenc and resume the batch job.

Question - No audio after merging No.32423
FordPrefect  2002-12-27 12:00:21 ( ID:ct9007utjxf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello,

i have a problem with merging three mpeg streams.
after merging the audiostream from the first and the last
mpeg file are not present.
what is there wrong?

Minion  2002-12-27 23:55:58 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have Had this Problem Before also and I didn"t find a setting or some other thing that fixed the Problem ,But what you can do is Just use something else to merge the files.....

jetty  2002-12-28 20:32:21 ( ID:cai47j4msd6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!

I have splitted separate streams from clips and merged audio clips with vobmerge. Then I have multiplexed the streams again together.
My audio has been in mp2 format.

Question - Non-Standard VCD No.32419
Billy  2002-12-27 04:55:23 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I convert, how do I go and make the MPEG file a non-standard VCD file? Do I go to "Multiplex" in TMPGEnc? What happens if I don't make it non-standard?

Minion  2002-12-27 05:00:41 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A non-Standard VCD is any VCD that has a Different Bitrate than 1150kbs for Video 224kbs 44100hz for audio and 352+240/288 as the Resolution so any VCD that doesn"t meet these specs is a Non-Standard VCD...If you can explain what you are trying to do or what problem you are haveing then we will be able to help you better...

Billy  2002-12-27 08:08:52 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh I was just wondering what would happen if you didn't go to MPEG Tools>Multiplex>VCD Non-Standard.

ASHY  2002-12-27 19:30:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The main point what will happen if you don't use the NON STANDARD setting if you have created a non standard VCD, I.E. you may have created a VCD with lower than standard bitrate, is that the VCD will be padded by the muxer.

If you use the 'Standard VCD' setting on a 'non standard' VCD, this means that the lower bitrate will be padded to comply with standard VCD bitrates. This will result in making your file size larger.

ASHY

Bug report - No Sound after 1:42 on VCDs No.32418
Richard Heck  2002-12-27 01:51:34 ( ID:nxsm5p9kcm6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been having trouble in the last few days with some VCDs I made from VHS. I've been doing this for a while: Capturing with VirtualDub; encoding with TMPGEnc; and then burning with VCDEasy. I've had much success. The last few days, though, I've started getting VCDs with no sound after about 1:42. (I get the problem on two different standalone players and on my computer's player.) Somewhere in there, I moved from TMPGEnc 2.55 to 2.59, and I also moved from VCDEasy 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. I'm about to run some experiments to see if I can identify the cause of the problem, but I'm reasonably certain, having already tried a few other things, that it is the move to TMPGEnc 2.59. Can anyone confirm having had similar problems? There is, I see, one previous note that may reflect a similar problem.

Richard

Question - Deleting VCD Menus? No.32412
Billy  2002-12-26 20:08:15 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used Nero5 to make a VCD menu but it didn't turn out the way I want. And there's no back option once you click on New to create a new VCD. Is it possible to delete the menu file once you made your VCD?

Minion  2002-12-26 23:31:02 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not after the VCD is Burnt to the VCD...Unless I misunderstood your Question...?

Sakuya  2002-12-26 23:57:08 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well...you know how you insert your VCD into the CD-ROM drive? You open the CD-ROM drive and you see all these folders? Shouldn't the menu be a file somewhere in those folders? And when you delete that file, the menu won't appear. Or is that impossible?

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-27 03:11:35 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, you can't delete a burnt file, but you can allways just copy it to your HD, remove the CD-XA headers and re-burn it...

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-27 03:55:35 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, you can't delete a burnt file, but you can allways just copy it to your HD, remove the CD-XA headers and re-burn it...

ASHY  2002-12-27 19:47:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>And there's no back option once you click on New to create a new VCD. Is it possible to delete the menu file once you made your VCD?

If you was not happy with the menu why didn't you just delete the menu or disable it or close the whole project first before burning and start a new one? Or are you saying you weren't happy with the menu once it was burned, if that's the case you should have used the preview option in NERO to view your Menu first.

You can just simply copy the MPEG from the MPEGAV folder on the disk to your hard drive. The file will be named something like AVSEQ01.dat

You can then usually burn this directly again with Nero without the need to remove the headers.
If you do have any problems getting nero to accept the .dat file then just run it through the TMPG multiplexer using the VCD stream setting. This will remove any unecessary headers.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.