TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 318 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question mpeg tools edit merge item jetty 3 2002-12-07 20:57:46
Question No video, audio only??? Burner 1 2002-12-07 00:51:26
Question audio problems dementedmind 2 2002-12-07 11:36:41
Question Automatic pictures fade from black, beginning and end AdamB 5 2002-12-07 13:05:56
Question audio sync edwags 0 2002-12-06 15:16:59
Question Stream writting error at 97% matz300 1 2002-12-06 13:48:39
Question read error occured at module TMPGenc.exe walbat 2 2002-12-07 14:51:03
Question sound problem nasser 2 2002-12-09 13:18:08
Question DirectShow wrapper for tmpgenc available? gne 6 2002-12-07 17:46:05
Question Black & White edge to MPEGS Keith 0 2002-12-06 09:28:40
Question problem with audio edumuca 2 2002-12-06 12:04:45
Question WMV to MPEG capn65 1 2002-12-06 08:22:14

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 318 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - mpeg tools edit merge item No.31612
jetty  2002-12-06 21:33:33 ( ID:cai47j4msd6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!
Amazing piece this TMPGenc, a long way to learn it throughfully.
Why Editr merge screen freezes at 5 minutes? I read somewhere that it's a know bug but at this forum it wa stated like there mustn't be any problems with preview window. Fact is that there is picture rather occasionally and only way to use edit and cut function is to enter the correct start and end times numbers manually... while at first number it jumps to the ... 4 minutes, let say and previews the still picture but when i add 30 minutes it doesn't jump anymore to preview this new location.

I run win98se at this computer and tempgenc lates version. I have tried, it the same problem on several computers. Is there something one can do about?

TIA
jetty

minion  2002-12-06 21:47:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This could be because of the "Mpeg2 Decoder" you are useing...If you are useing the "Ligos" Decoder then try the "Cyberlink" Decoder and if you are useing the "Cyberlink" decpder then try the "Ligos" decoder...Or you can allways use a Different Mpeg editor...

jetty  2002-12-06 22:49:02 ( ID:cai47j4msd6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!

Thanks for comments.
I assume that when i remove the codec on VFAPI by unchecking and setting prioprity from 1 to 0 I remove one. But playing with Ligos one or with Cyberlink one doesn't change the edit Window behaviour.
Is there any other mpeg2 decoders to use?
How to plug in there anything to VFAPI plug-in list?
I'm working with mpeg 2 streams for DVD authoring.

jetty

minion  2002-12-07 20:57:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you can"t get the decoders to read the file better then maybe you should try useing a different Mpeg editor....

Question - No video, audio only??? No.31610
Burner  2002-12-06 20:29:35 ( ID:0mkvd61oock )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when im converting .avi to .mpeg im only getting audio in the converted file. also while its converting the preview window is blank. anyone else have this problem? i hate waiting like 2 hours for it to convert for nothing. please email me if you have a solution or ANY comments!!
hot.burner@verizon.net

freakboy  2002-12-07 00:51:26 ( ID:x989qksy1xa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had the same issue for over a week now. The only new thing I loaded was WMP 9 Beta.

Question - audio problems No.31607
dementedmind  2002-12-06 18:20:28 ( ID:8vfndrrsnk. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, new to all this, but I have a problem, I have a file which is audio format mpeg layer-3, and videodivxmpg4 v3, I can encode the video to vcd but not the audio, it is silent. how do I convert the audio to a usable format? I run winxp

tks

minion  2002-12-06 21:42:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load the AVI file into "Virtual Dub" then go to "save Wave" and it will save the audio as a Wav file, then you use this as the audio source...

Xenomichael  2002-12-07 11:36:41 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have the same problem for the audio. I conversed the audio file into a wave file, and conversed the avi file into mpeg. But when the video file blocks for a quarter seconde or less, the audio file continues playing wich creates an audio gap.
How can I resolve the problem??

Question - Automatic pictures fade from black, beginning and end No.31601
AdamB  2002-12-06 16:46:18 ( ID:zugpps8wgz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a series of AVI files I wish to convert to MPEG1, however I need to include half a second fades from black at the start of the mpeg, and half a second fades to black at the end. I really don't want to have to take the avi into a third party program, and knowing TMPGEnc can fade the audio in and out, wondered if it is at all possible to do this with the picture.

wcpaul  2002-12-06 17:54:42 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Avisynth (www.avisynth.org) is what you want.

It is a scripting language that can directly frameserve to TMPG and has a fade In/Out function (fadeIO). Basically, you write a simple text command script and just load that into TMPG instead of the AVI file.

I believe a plugin called readavs.dll needs to be installed manually in the TMPG folder (or maybe that is built in now).

Getting avisynth set up the first time can be tricky but once it is, you have access to a powerful functionality.

wcpaul  2002-12-06 18:00:48 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go the the "Project Page" on www.avisynth.org for the install of the latest version (2.0.x) with fadeIO. Older version don't have that function.

wcpaul  2002-12-06 18:39:31 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VERY COOL!!

The new version of avisynth installs so that any media program can read the file without conversions and plugins. Just drag/drop or select "All Files" when browsing.

ASHY  2002-12-07 12:32:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is another way using Virtualdub, using the fade filter. Just set the frame number points you wish to fade then frameserve to TMPG.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-12-07 13:05:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Link to fade filter: http://members.verizon.net/~vze3kkvm/filters.html

Question - audio sync No.31600
edwags  2002-12-06 15:16:59 ( ID:mzg35rdguih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i had an avi i stretched audio in cool edit to sync it it played perfectly in media. when i used tmpg to make a svcd it was out of sync again. any ideas thanx ejw

Question - Stream writting error at 97% No.31598
matz300  2002-12-06 13:35:18 ( ID:0uhfloklg3f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi guys
I always get the Error Stream Writing Error at 97% i followed the instruction in FAQ and changed the enviornment setting

my mpg1 files that i want to convert into mpg2 is 580 MB and my HDD space is 11 gig

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr damn how much space do i need to convert this file ????????????????????????????????

or can be something wrong with the my file ?????

ASHY  2002-12-06 13:48:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which setting did you change?
Can I ask why you are converting MPEG1 files to MPEG2?
This is pointless. You won't get higher quality, but it will probably be degraded. The file size will probably increase if you want to get similar quality and you will have wasted your time.

ASHY

Question - read error occured at module TMPGenc.exe No.31595
walbat  2002-12-06 11:25:45 ( ID:syprkskqoqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when trying to convert avi to vcd-pal with TMPGenc Plus 2.59 i keep getting the same error around frame 5800 no matter which file i try to convert. The error is: read error occured at addres 00401CB8 of module TMPGenc.exe with 00000008. Anybody that can help my solve this prob cause is have no clue? Thanks very much.

Walbat

minion  2002-12-06 21:38:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if the error happens at the same point every time then the problem is with the File you are encodeing..It probably has a corrupted sector at the point were you get the error...There is no easy fix for this But what you can try is to encode up to were you get the error then start encodeing again a few frames after were you get the error useing the "Source Range" then Join the two parts together useing the "Merge & Cut" if done right the join points will be hardly noticeable...

David Lindop  2002-12-07 14:51:03 ( ID:kbtch5zqeww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I getting the same sort of message what ever I try to convert : Read error occurred at address 0041EE3 of module Tempgenc.ex with 617AD23C

Its got to be something to do with Xvid codec, I did not have Xvid installed and Tmpgenc just kept coming up unsupported file when I tried to convert, I installed Xvid and Tempgenc seems to either see the audio or the video, when it see them together they are out of sync, or it gives me the error message about.

It got to something to do with environmental settings but I don't know what.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,

dlindop

Question - sound problem No.31592
nasser  2002-12-06 10:17:04 ( ID:pjldngw8akm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

first of all thanks for this remarkable encoder which is the best encoder I've ever used.I'm still new with it but am learning hard to know more about it.
My problem is that in some movies I've encoded the sound does not match with the picture,I mean gets delayed and I don't know what's the reason for that problem.
But this is not always with most of the movies I encoded.
Pls i want to watch the movie on a DVD player pls help me out with this problem
Thanks and keep it up.

donald  2002-12-06 18:06:59 ( ID:csi6o2zwy6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all i would like to say that this is the greatest program i have used. I am also having a problem with the sound on this particular movie. it is a divx version. it starts off great but all of a sudden the words dont match the movie. i am really excited to get this movie playing in dvd, please help me with this problem. also i used virtual dub to do the sound if that helps any. thanx again you guys are the greatest!

Dr.BlackJack  2002-12-09 13:18:08 ( ID:aeuzlevelnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well...i had the same problem ...for about 1 year...and i had no answer, so...this year i had tried again..and i had discover the answer..well.. is very simple...like yours my DVD player read VCD, but the problem is that it can load audio and video perfctly at the same time, so what i do ,

make the audio to 96 k/sec, stereo etc...i hadnt tried get with 112k/sec ...but at least in 128 k/sec in my DVD player the audio dont match the video...

i do this and the audio never escape the video...well always match...happy encode.. (it wasnt that difficult..does it??)

Question - DirectShow wrapper for tmpgenc available? No.31585
gne  2002-12-06 09:49:07 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to use an MPEG2 encoder in a directshow graph.
Is there a filter wrapper for tmpgenc so that I can
use tmpgenc as a normal filter in an MPEG2 encoding graph?

best,

gne

ASHY  2002-12-06 12:00:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, but why. What is it you are attempting to do?
It seems you are trying to encode directly to MPEG2 from another format such as DVD using Graphedit.
If that is the case there are better ways of acheiving this than using Graphedit.

ASHY

gne  2002-12-07 09:57:44 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sure, if you want to convert your data to an MPEG2 file offline, then you
can use TMPGEnc directly.

But if you want to write your own video data manipulation program like
a DVR or video editing then you should use the MS directshow infrastructure.

Unfortunately this infrastructure does not provide any MPEG-2 encoder (also
know as MPEG-2 encoder filter). That's the reason why Intervideo has a close
collaboration with MS (XP Packs).

MS is offering a nice streaming buffer engine with XP ServicePack 1

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/directshow_sp1/htm/usingthestreambufferengine.asp?frame=true)

that allows you write a DVR application very easily. This engine only
accepts MPEG-2 and DV streams as input in the direct show graph.

To write an DirectShow filter wrapper for TMPGenc should not be so difficult,
but offers the tremendous advantage of using this brilliant MPEG-2 technology
in the MS framework.

DivX is doing the same! Their codec can be used in the directshow framework.

best,

gne

ASHY  2002-12-07 12:41:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why don't you just wait for the Server version of TMPG to come out. This should serve your needs.

ASHY

gne  2002-12-07 17:20:02 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To me the "server version" is a encoding solution
similar to TMPGenc but optimised for servers.

Sorry, this is not what I asked for. Please correct me
if I am wrong.

best,

gne

ASHY  2002-12-07 17:33:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the server version is a command line program and is accessable through DOS. Therefore I should imagine could be incorporated into your program.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-12-07 17:46:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is clip from the feature list on the Pegasus site for TMPGenc Server:

'- Control through MS-DOS Prompt (Server)
For more professional use, we have been requested to implement some feature to work with other application seamlessly. TMPGEnc Server can be controlled through MS-DOS prompt, so TMPGEnc Server can be controlled from different User interface or other application all process can be automated.'

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_release02.html

ASHY

Question - Black & White edge to MPEGS No.31584
Keith  2002-12-06 09:28:40 ( ID:f86ypmb8wb6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using 2.59 to code MPEGS from Matrox AVI files. This is giving me a black & white image down the left hand side of the picture - the rest is fine. How do I correct this.

Question - problem with audio No.31581
edumuca  2002-12-06 09:26:53 ( ID:pw/eestyzkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a avi file into MPEG but could not get the sound. I only have one file avi for video and sound but TMPEG does not allow the avi file as sound file. Can anybody help ?

lupy  2002-12-06 10:55:12 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

load tha avi into virtual dub and sav wav . U can then use this wav with tmpeg for audio....make sure u have full processing mode set for audio in virtual dub and no compression set

ASHY  2002-12-06 12:04:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where did u get this file? Downloaded?
If so it is likely Ac3 audio.
Virtualdub won't handle this, but you can extract it to a wav using AVImux.

ASHY

Question - WMV to MPEG No.31579
capn65  2002-12-06 06:56:16 ( ID:qipr.ahp6wm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having trouble converting WMV to MPEG. I learned about this program (TMPGENC) from VCDEasy help page. This is the program recommended for this process. Every time I try to set the end frame, TMPGEnc goes to "not responding". The file is a windows movie maker project that I created from a digital video camera file. Is there something I can do to remedy this?
PLEASE HELP!!
capn65

minion  2002-12-06 08:22:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc Doesn"t seem to Fully support WMV Files But you can usually get it to be encoded to Mpeg ..First Try raiseing the "Direct show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" and if that doesn"t work then Try "ASF Tools" to Fix any arrors in the WMV File then try to Load it in Tmpgenc..WMV Files are Quite notorius for Being Corrupted Cuz they are So Compressed so Fixing them with "ASF Tools" sometimes helps...But if all else fails you can allways try encodeing the WMV File to AVI with something like "Stoik Video converter" then encode the AVI File to Mpeg with Tmpgenc.."Stoik Video Converter" is a Freeware Program that Encodes any Direct show format to any other Direct show Format accept Mpeg....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.