TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 355 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question No Audio KindDud 5 2002-11-05 12:51:06
Question Audio sync help Art 1 2002-11-04 16:39:08
Question TMPGEnc 2.58plus lcask 2 2002-11-05 04:30:10
Question still having problems otkidd 1 2002-11-04 09:25:00
Question illegal audio error Fuzzball 3 2002-11-04 09:15:37
Question Final dvd product has slight jerkiness and sound goes out about half to 3/4 ot the way through vortens 14 2002-11-05 20:28:33
Question no audio from divx leon 3 2002-11-04 05:03:20
Question Converting avi to Mpeg Nu2vCds 1 2002-11-03 22:30:00
Request Please add AVI Segment Loading Videod00d 2 2002-11-05 00:19:40
Question Fast Forwarding sunman 3 2002-11-03 18:22:14
Question divx5pro conversion problems in result mpeg1 lehmann 6 2002-11-03 22:35:55
Question P3Package.dll error message carol 3 2002-11-03 18:18:58

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 355 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - No Audio No.30308
KindDud  2002-11-04 13:03:01 ( ID:pk8w.2zzkyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
Maybe it is stupid question but I am still new on this.
I am trying to convert AVI to MPEG with TEMPGEnc I am not getting any error but for some reason the Audio cuts off in certain point during the movie and it does not come back again till the end.
The AVI file seems to run fine. I have not made any modification or editing the AVI file. It is all strait forward.

Any ideas? Please help

KindDude

KindDud  2002-11-04 16:27:22 ( ID:pk8w.2zzkyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Hi
>Maybe it is stupid question but I am still new on this.
>I am trying to convert AVI to MPEG with TEMPGEnc I am not getting any error but for some reason the Audio cuts off in certain point during the movie and it does not come back again till the end.
>The AVI file seems to run fine. I have not made any modification or editing the AVI file. It is all strait forward.
I created the AVI file with Ulead.
I downloaded Virtual Dub but unfortunately it cannot read the AVI file the error is "Could not locate decompresor (DVSD)unknown. VirtualDub requires a video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Players, are not suitable"
>
>Any ideas? Please help
>
>KindDude

Minion  2002-11-04 16:43:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Virtual Dub Runs on the same decodeing engine as Tmpgenc and media player..So if you can load it into Virtual Dub then you either don"t have the proper codec installed, there is a Major error in the Source file or the file isn"t an avi file...Find out what codec the avi? file was encoded with then look for that codec and download it and see if that helps...

KindDud  2002-11-04 16:55:58 ( ID:pk8w.2zzkyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks
But the thing is that I capured the AVI file with Ulead 3.0 software and ran it through TMPGEnc I got no error's but the problem is that when U run the MPEG result the Audio cut off in the middle. It happen twice with different capures and different length.
How can I know which Codec was used?

Minion  2002-11-04 21:24:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you capture it with an analog capture card??Cuz I think that Ulead will only capture to Uncompressed avi when useing a Analog card and with a DV capture the the format would be DV...Tmpgenc only supports one type of DV But I don"t know if it is Type 1 or 2...If you want to check the codec then right click on the file and Go to "Properties"...If it is Just a Problem with the audio cutting out in the encoded Mpeg file then try something like "Sound Forge" to Extraxt the audio then use it to encode the audio to Mpeg or use something elce like Headac3he or even DB Power amp to encode the wav file to Mpeg audio...

tom1958  2002-11-05 12:51:06 ( ID:rjmzjgmxqej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

you must select under Audio-->Tracks the right Tracknumber.

>>Hi
>>Maybe it is stupid question but I am still new on this.
>>I am trying to convert AVI to MPEG with TEMPGEnc I am not getting any error but for some reason the Audio cuts off in certain point during the movie and it does not come back again till the end.
>>The AVI file seems to run fine. I have not made any modification or editing the AVI file. It is all strait forward.
>I created the AVI file with Ulead.
>I downloaded Virtual Dub but unfortunately it cannot read the AVI file the error is "Could not locate decompresor (DVSD)unknown. VirtualDub requires a video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Players, are not suitable"
>>
>>Any ideas? Please help
>>
>>KindDude

Question - Audio sync help No.30306
Art  2002-11-04 11:44:57 ( ID:3p1cbzhxhfw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Audio sync problem after remuxing. Here's what I'm doing:

Use IfoEdit to strip steams and create new ifo's of the main movie vob's to another folder.

DVD2AVI the new vobs to get a .d2v file for Tmpegenc (I've tried using the .d2v file directly into Tmpgenc and frame serving it as well).

In Tmpgenc I use the DVD wizard and all I change is the bitrate and the quality setting.

Then I use the .m2v file when remuxing useing IfoEdit again to rip the steams and create new ifo's of the main movie vob's to yet another folder.

My audio is out of sync by about 2 seconds.

Any help on what I'm doing wrong.

Minion  2002-11-04 16:39:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it is out that much for the whole movie then you can fix it by useing Mpeg2Vcr to re-mux the file..It has a Function that allows you to Set the audio skew to fix sync problems...

Question - TMPGEnc 2.58plus No.30303
lcask  2002-11-04 09:35:28 ( ID:8m5hwrfvhvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to add permanent subs into SVCD so I used VirtualDub frameserving into TMPG but I cannot load as a video source .vdr file (as guide in VCDHELP says). Any help?
Thanx
Lubo

Minion  2002-11-04 16:37:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Make sure that the VDR file works properly..Open up another instance of Virtual dub and see if you can load in the VDR file..If you can then try Dis-ableing the Direct show File reader in the Vfapi Plugins, sometimes this works...

Videod00d  2002-11-05 04:30:10 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you double click the Proxyon.reg file in the Virtual Dub plugins folder BEFORE you try to import the file with TMPGEnc.

Question - still having problems No.30301
otkidd  2002-11-04 07:47:28 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I could not get the preview screen to open in tmpgenc so I was told to try to open it up in virtual dub so I down loaded it went to file clicked on open video opened the video then I went to save as avi clicked on that another window popped up and said you are about to save a uncompressed avi file it may be very large if this is not a temp.avi file consider using video compression to save space the video must be set to full processing mode in order to work. And it is so i clicked yes continue and my imput and out put screen popped up and they were black also.I've downloaded every codec that has been suggested to me such as nimo code pack v5.0 build 8 and up my direct show in vfapi under enviro settings in tmpgenc and now I get avi can not open or unsupported please help me

Minion  2002-11-04 09:25:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you play the File???When you load the File into Virtual Dub there is a Little slider right under the screen..Move that and you will scan through the movie, if you don"t see a picture and you have the right Codec then there is Probably something wrong with the AVI file...But if scanning the File produces a Picture then Frame serve the file and don"t save it as an avi , especially Uncompressed Unless you have 150gb of spare space on a very big drive ..To frame serve you double click the "Auxsetup.exe" file in the V-Dub folder then choose "Install handler" then in Virtual dub you just go to "File" to "Start Frameserver" then name the file and give it a .VDR extention the load it into Tmpgenc but leave the frame server running.You problem happens quite often with downloaded files...90% of the problems that are posted are with files that are downloaded..Get a DVD Rom and Rip DVD if you want problem free VCD/SVCD/DVD"s.......

Question - illegal audio error No.30297
Fuzzball  2002-11-04 05:03:37 ( ID:wvt/qewffuh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I down loaded a movie off the web and have been trying to fix it .When I Try to Multiplex it gets about 3/4 then I get an illegal audio error box.

Minion  2002-11-04 05:32:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx for the detailed explanation...So from what I can discern from your post is that you downloaded a Mpeg file from the net??And it doesn"t work for some Reason? Is the audio the problem you are haveing with it...Can you play the audio But just cant Mux it?Try re-encodeing the audio then use that as the audio in your mpeg file,,or you can uncompress it to Wav/Pcm and encode it to mpeg audio then mux it...

Fuzzball  2002-11-04 07:32:29 ( ID:wvt/qewffuh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The movie was broken and wouldn't play. I'm new to mpgs and am trying to learn how to fix the problems as I come across them.Vcdhelp said to try fixing using tmpg.... so I tryed multiplexing when I ran into that error.The file it created does open and played but froze up when it was advanced.
Can you tell me what to use and how to re-encode the audio ?

Minion  2002-11-04 09:15:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the video froze then fixing the audio won"t help...Try VCDGear...It is supposed to Fix broken Mpeg files...Mpeg files aren"t really meant to be repaired though but it might work if it isn"t that bad...But if you want to try encodeing the audio you just use the "De-Multiplex" to seperate the audio from the video then load the audio into the audio spot in Tmpgenc then click Start...

Question - Final dvd product has slight jerkiness and sound goes out about half to 3/4 ot the way through No.30282
vortens  2002-11-04 03:16:43 ( ID:uoev.h2oaxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems with the final dvd product from a compressed mpeg (audio and video) from a vhs capture. I finally though I had all the settings right...the filesize was perfect for a dvd burn and the playback was fine on my computer...then I used Sonic My DVD to make the dvd...the end product finished out without errors. But when playback was done on my home dvd players slight jerkiness was showing then about half way through the movie the sound went out. I am setting my bitrates exactly as the original for this 91 minute film capture...I am clueless and frustrated at this point since I already killed 2 dvds....its frustrating to see that the end product seems to come out fine on the computer then after the dvd is developed it shows nothing but problems. I have not tried using tmpgs dvd template...how good are all the default preset settings and which ones should I be concerned about that are not greyed out or the ones that are for changes. Any help would be great...I just wish someone with great knowledge could be here JUST once during a project which would probably cut this head banging to a mere century! HELP! Please! Thankyou!

Minion  2002-11-04 04:53:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If The mpeg Played Fine On Your Computer Before You Authored It with Sonic The The problem is with Sonic My DVD Not Tmpgenc...I bet You Got It with your DVD Burner??Sonic Usually Makes Good Products But My DVD Is not a very good Program..That Is Why It Comes with DVD Burners, cuz They know That you Will Buy Something Better And Spend More money....

willyiam  2002-11-04 10:09:51 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The most likely cause of your problem is probably due to the quality of the blank DVD-R used and is a common issue. Keep in mind that DVD-R technology is evolving on a weekly basis, and that different batches of the same brand are not necessarily the same quality.

A browse through the threads on http://www.mediaforums.net will provide information that will enlighten you.

vortens  2002-11-04 17:28:01 ( ID:uoev.h2oaxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually...let me correct that...it plays fine on the computer until I burn it to dvd with Sonic My DVD...if either of you guys are 100% positive that it is Sonic My DVD then what is a reasonably priced program that works well?

willyiam  2002-11-04 17:51:07 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to author and burn with the same program try the Trial version of UleadÃÔ MovieFactory. Simplicity itself at a reasonable price.

Personally, I would try a different DVD-R first. You would be surprised at the number of people who have experienced the same problem as you have. Myself included.

vortens  2002-11-04 20:32:16 ( ID:uoev.h2oaxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well...that's 4 dvds Ive wasted...its not the dvds it sonic...what would sonic be doing to it to screw it up...all it has to do is take the original frickin image that PLAYS FINE and burn it on a dvd...its that simple...Ive used their program before with dvd originals to backups and used rempeg2 to compress it and it worked great...now the audio and video are done individually without compressing the audio..Im thinking that has something to do with it...I cant understand why WINDVR doesnt have a setting that can capture the video and simply separate the video and audio into 2 folders...why is it SO damn hard for these programmers to make DECENT software with better settings instead of generic crapo settings...This is kindof nerve wracking ...especially when NEVER having dvd backup problems with Sonic...WINDVR has a setting for 100 and 120 minute dvd capture but it splits it into 2 folders...now what on earth makes the idiots think people want to put an hour and a half movie on 2 dvds????!!! Especially when there will only be 10 minutes on the second dvd (the end of the movie)...what if I just want to burn it to dvd without authoring or menus...nero sucks for dvd burning it wants to see a video_ts folder at least...how the heck do you just burn a mpeg2 image onto a dvd!!!??? I really would like to try that program you are talking about ...where is the link for it?

willyiam  2002-11-04 21:29:59 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ulead's MovieFactory can be found at:

http://www.ulead.com/dmf/runme.htm

Minion  2002-11-04 21:42:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With WinDVR 2.0 you can set the file size so you can split it at say 4GB or at 40GB that is if you have NTFS, But WinDVR has a Big problem with Sync issues Cuz It doesn"t report Dropped frames and it doesn"t seem to compensate for dropped frames or the time difference between the Capture card and the sound card...You would probably get much better results if you captured to AVI with something like Virtual Dub which is exelent at prezerving Audio sync and then encodeing the AVI to mpeg..You will get Better Quality that way also But you will need a Big Hard drive and a Very fast Hard drive...I use a 120GB ata/133 which works great...A good authoring Program is "Ulead DVD workshop 1.3" you can download a Fully working 30 day Trial from there web site, and If you get creative you can probably get it for free...

vortens  2002-11-04 22:08:10 ( ID:uoev.h2oaxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to download the program from ulead and it wont let me..there seems to be a problem on there end...it wont even start...my connection is excellent but it still wont let me.....Now as far as WINDVR ...I know about the setting of the filesize...I was just venting on the fact that they would have such a senseless setting. I have done captures MANY times...and they all turned out great using Sonic My DVD...but they were no more than 1 hour long so I didnt have to worry about compressing them...like I said THEY TURNED OUT GREAT!! But now with a 1 and a half hour video I have to compress it...it looks great before and after it is compressed..the audio and video are in perfect sync ...then when I burn it to a dvd using Sonic My DVD it creates crap....Im not understanding what Sonic is doing to it during the processing and burning...but I do hope that ulead movie factory doesnt do this to me. As far as the "creatively getting it for free" I already can take care of that...I just need to download it...let me know if you guys have a problem downloading the trial version...if not maybe you could send it to me somehow...Ive never had problems being able to access a download before...Im assuming it is them

willyiam  2002-11-04 23:11:03 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to Products. Select MovieFactory. Enter your e-mail address. Submit and download. Just worked ok for me.

vortens  2002-11-04 23:59:29 ( ID:uoev.h2oaxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

great..then what the heck is goin on my side...its not working for me

vortens  2002-11-05 00:29:06 ( ID:uoev.h2oaxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ive tried a million times and it keeps rejecting me...would it be possible for you to send it to me via email or msn messanger or something?

willyiam  2002-11-05 10:07:18 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your e-mail address would help.

Ashy  2002-11-05 20:23:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3002-2194-7995604.html?tag=dir

Ashy  2002-11-05 20:28:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ignore above.
http://www.tucows.com/mmedia/preview/232391.html

ASHY

Question - no audio from divx No.30278
leon  2002-11-03 21:44:54 ( ID:g3vqbk02l2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i encode some avi files into mpeg files there is no audio, but the video comes out fine. Am i missing a codec or something? I have done three or four avi files that have converted right, but for the most part the audio is left out of the movies. If i look in source position before i encode i can see if it recognizes the audio or not. How do i know which format the avi audio is in? I just started messing with vcds in the past week so i am not completely sure what i am doing yet. Is there a simple answer to my problem?

Minion  2002-11-03 22:34:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Generally speaking DivX files either have MP3,VBR Mp3, or AC3 audio...You should be able to decode the regular Mp3 audio But Not the Others..You need to use something like "Virtual Dub" or "Sound forge" to extract the audio to a WAV file and use that as the Audio source..."Sound Forge" is probably better at this particular Job Cuz of it"s Audio filters and allways produces audio files that will be in sync with the video...to find out the Movies properties,Right click the file go to "Properties" and Look.....

seriburi  2002-11-04 03:39:54 ( ID:o7rtbsq.6pc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also have the same problem. However it might be different from the original person's. Mine gives this error during the encoding from avi/divx to dvd format : -538676289 0. If I click ok and let it continue, the end mpg has no audio. This error continues to appear during the encoding every several frames.

Also I notice that during Source Range, the audio wave is flat. I tried to open it with Sound Forge and it gave me an error while opening it.

This happened to 2 of the 26 avis I've tried encoding and the only commonality I see is that their audio bit rate is 127kbps. All the other avis have some other number. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Minion  2002-11-04 05:03:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This Happens because sometimes Tmpgenc doesn"t like to encode compretted audio formats and if Sound Forge gave you an error then the audio is probably Dolby digital AC3..It Is A Bit Tough Properly Decodeing AC3 Audio...Try This..Download "Virtul-dub AC3" from http://www.apachez.net/ and load the file into and save as a wav file and use that as the audio source...

Question - Converting avi to Mpeg No.30276
Nu2vCds  2002-11-03 21:23:45 ( ID:mmb3b1awpuj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have both vdub and tmpg, I am trying to load the .avi to the video source on the tmpg program, but I keep getting the error, "can't open file, unsupported." The file has been scanned in vdub and has no errors. I am new to making vcds, can someone please help?

Minion  2002-11-03 22:30:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dis you go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins"a dn Raise the "Direct show" to "2"??? if not then do it cuz it should fix the problem...

Request - Please add AVI Segment Loading No.30273
Videod00d  2002-11-03 18:44:50 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello. I am a paying customer of TMPGEnc who gave out the $50 for this EXCELLENT piece of software. I love TMPGEnc, and I use it every single day. I recommened all of my friends and people on the internet to buy this fine software.

BUT.. Even so, there is just 1 thing missing in this software that makes me unhappy:

Loading AVI Segments!

It's such a simple feature and it's in so many free software out there already, including the likes of VirtualDub. I just can't understand why TMPGEnc doesn't do it? If I have a movie that is broken down into 10 Avi segments of 2 GB, why can't TMPGEnc just load the first one, then load all additional segments, and encode it all together as a single encoded mpg file? I know there is batch mode, that's not what I want.. I don't want to have to 'merge & cut' pieces of encoded mpg. I just want TMPGEnc to encode each AVI segment, one at a time, in a single mpg movie all together.

PLEASE guys. I beg for this one feature, you would simplify my life so completely. Right now I have to frameserve & waste so much time with other applications. If you add this, I can delete them all and leave only TMPGEnc installed on my box for the ultimate AVI to MPG tool. After having read these boards for several months, I know I'm not the only one who would benefit from this feature. If you add it, you will greatly simplify the video process for a lot of people and probably sell even more copies of TMPGEnc as a result. Thanks!

Minion  2002-11-03 22:28:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This implementation has been talked about and planned for Quite a while But I don"t think it will be implemented untill the Version 3.0 comes out which will have to be purchased cuz it won"t be available as a free upgrade...If you are encodeing mpeg2 files CCE has a feature to Load sequential AVI files...

Videod00d  2002-11-05 00:19:40 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

:(

OK I will pay a little bit more for this feature, and upgrade. But can we get it at the upgrade cost and not buy another full version?

Also if this is ever implimented authors PLEASE do me a favor: Accept AVI segments as part of a single movie if their frame rate is only a tiny fraction of a decimal off. Virtual dub won't load this and it's silly.

If I have segment 1 at 29.9704 FPS and segment 2 at 29.9706 FPS there is no reason the software (Virtual Dub in this case) should refuse to load them. I can see a difference of 1 or even .1 FPS but not .0002.

Question - Fast Forwarding No.30269
sunman  2002-11-03 17:55:14 ( ID:gd.kqjn4erl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The last couple of movies I downloaded off of imesh are not able to be fast forwarded manually..say when I am trying to convert them using TMPGEnc....any reasons for this?

Ashy  2002-11-03 20:14:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are they AVI's? If so it is probably because they are highly compressed and have no keyframes.

You can try and insert keyframes manually with Virtualdub, but why bother? When you have encoded to MPEG you will be able to seek the file no problem.

ASHY

Minion  2002-11-03 22:25:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But if you want to be able to seek the Mpeg file properly you should inset Chapters with your authoring program cuz if for some reason when watching the VCD you have to stop it(get popcorn)you will have to start watching from the beginning of the VCD and fast forward to were you left off and this can be quite anoying...

MFARBER  2002-11-03 18:22:14 ( ID:mb0jmawxucw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, but unfortunately this error has happened again "46601 s packets cause buffer underflow" when I opened TMPGEnc from the original folder. I am trying to convert my test MPEG1 video/audio clip into Video CD format so I can burn it to CD-R and play it on my DVD player.
Please help!!! I am new to all this technology.
Thanks a lot!

Question - divx5pro conversion problems in result mpeg1 No.30262
lehmann  2002-11-03 17:10:27 ( ID:kumfi/c5ku6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert to MPEG1 a divx5pro file, it produces a video file that make smalls skips in the mpeg/image (it seems tmpgenc "eat" some frames in the result mpeg1 video)

any idea?

I can send a small example of mpeg file on request.

Ashy  2002-11-03 17:12:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Let me guess. You have encoded the MPEG to a different framerate to that of the original?

ASHY

lehmann  2002-11-03 17:28:11 ( ID:kumfi/c5ku6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no....
both were at 24/25 fps (PAL standard):

source: divx5pro

640x272 , audio extracted woth virtual dub to a wav, then mixed. 24 fames/second

Target: PAL vcd standard

any idea?

lehmann  2002-11-03 18:18:02 ( ID:kumfi/c5ku6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WAIT!!!!

seems you are true, the exact frame rate works fine if you preserve the decimals 23.97 source (not 24) and the frame target at 23.97 (NTSF).

Thanks a lot.
Greetings from Spain

Ashy  2002-11-03 20:11:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just as I thought. TMPG doesn't do correct framerate conversion. Even that small amount of difference will cause the jerky playback.

ASHY

Minion  2002-11-03 22:22:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yor right Ashy, you cant encode a 23.9fps file to 24fps, like you can"t encode a 29.9fps to 30fps....

Minion  2002-11-03 22:35:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PS: you Can Not use 24FPS as a Pal Movie...Only 25fps....

Question - P3Package.dll error message No.30258
carol  2002-11-03 14:03:55 ( ID:f26/7jfl7lg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have installed/uninstalled version 2.58 three times because error message "Can't load P3Package.dll" occurs right after specifying output file name. Any ideas .

Ashy  2002-11-03 17:11:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the file actually in your TMPG folder?

My advice is to completely remove TMPG from your system and download a fresh copy then try again.

ASHY

sunman  2002-11-03 18:00:53 ( ID:gd.kqjn4erl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi..I hads the exact same problem. All you need to do is open the TMPGEnc program from the actual folder as opposed to say, opening it from a shortcut on your desktop. Let me know if this helps.

sunman  2002-11-03 18:18:58 ( ID:gd.kqjn4erl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi..I hads the exact same problem. All you need to do is open the TMPGEnc program from the actual folder as opposed to say, opening it from a shortcut on your desktop. Let me know if this helps.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.