TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 357 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Request Encode resume Bicz 4 2002-11-03 08:32:58
Question converting framerates silver surfer 2 2002-11-03 01:24:10
Question pop up error abuFru 1 2002-11-04 20:50:34
Question No Audi Gerry 1 2002-11-02 07:24:10
Free talk Error message while encoding padson 1 2002-11-02 03:10:34
Free talk Menu Extras jaycdam 6 2002-11-04 00:34:40
Question problems converting xvid avis silver surfer 2 2002-11-01 20:33:44
Question Encoding slows down Rob 1 2002-11-01 19:39:34
Question what's tmpgenc.vfp? SLM 1 2002-11-01 14:12:34
Question Audio & Video Sync Dewey Takem 1 2002-11-02 22:58:27
Question 16x9 format James 2 2002-11-01 13:37:59
Question Stream read error when multiplexing mpeg2 JN 1 2002-11-01 14:03:28

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 357 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Request - Encode resume No.30200
Bicz  2002-11-02 15:28:47 ( ID:fluf9vkbdyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be cool if TMPGEnc can support resuming just like what getright did for the Internet! I hate having to restart the computer or just have to shut down the computer when I'm in the middle of encoding something!
Will this feature be supported in future versions?

Ashy  2002-11-02 15:32:15 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean shutdown the computer or restart when your in the middle of encoding? Why don't you just click 'Stop' this will pause the program.

ASHY

gbagman37  2002-11-03 01:04:53 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you mean having to turn off computer because it has locked up(Windows ME)? Thereby losing what you have encoded and having to restart,maybe upgrading to Windows XP will solve this problem, I've had it a year now, No problems like I had with ME.

mi3  2002-11-03 05:04:03 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey,

you can resume an encode in tmpegenc?? wow, how do you do it!??

i didn't know you could do that!

Minion  2002-11-03 08:32:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well No You Can"t..You can put the encodeing on Pause if you want to say check your mail or run another program but you can not shut down Tmpgenc or abort the encodeing and resume it again...

Question - converting framerates No.30197
silver surfer  2002-11-02 13:21:08 ( ID:i.morrckor. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how would you convert an avi file with 30 fps to a vcd compliant mpeg-1 that has to have 25 fps without getting the jumpy playback? any help would be much appreciated.

Ashy  2002-11-02 15:35:22 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

'AVisynth' can do it correctly or use 'AVIfrate' to change the framerate and then use cooledit to alter the length of the audio respectively.

ASHY

Minion  2002-11-03 01:24:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVIsynth should be able to do this and Not have to alter the audio length...

Question - pop up error No.30195
abuFru  Home )  2002-11-02 09:59:40 ( ID:cts0b298yqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When ever i begin encoding after a few minutes i keep getting a pop up error
which simple shows two numbers

-272762914 859034592

This keeps happening every time, any ideas?

I used the Super VCD template and still keep getting these meaningless errors

Jojo  2002-11-04 20:50:34 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Had the same issue, I closed the application and restarted it.

The problem disappeared

Hope it solves your issue

Jojo

Question - No Audi No.30193
Gerry  2002-11-02 04:47:02 ( ID:il3vjyqwtsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im am converting standart avi files to mpeg for vcd. Most are working great. Both in video and Audio. Some other files only have video and there is no audio. Can someone help

Gerry

Minion  2002-11-02 07:24:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to extract the audio from the AVI file to WAV format with Virtual Dub and use that as the audio source..Tmpgenc sometimes Chokes on Compressed audio formats...

Free talk - Error message while encoding No.30191
padson  2002-11-02 01:37:17 ( ID:r7s8eflde8o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to encode a avi file to mpeg and while it is encoding it sometimes comes up with an error message about a 'decimal point'

Any help on how to solve this would be greatly apprecitated.

Minion  2002-11-02 03:10:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error is usually caused by your avi file..Usually with files downloaded off the net, there is probably a corrupted header or a few corrupted frames..Especially if it happens at the same spot every time..You can get rid of the error by going to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "CPU" un "Un-Check" SSE and SSE-2, then go to the regular settings to "Quantize matrix" and "Un-Check" the "Use Floating point DTS"..now you shouldn"t get the error but the encodeing will take a lot longer because of not utilizeing the SSE and SSE-2 optimizations of your CPU..the way to not get this error is to not use Downloaded files...

Free talk - Menu Extras No.30184
jaycdam  2002-11-02 00:14:57 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My friend sent me a copy of 2.53.35.130 and it does include an "other" section on the wizard first page. I have been doing some DVD rips using Clad, and the quality of putting a whole film on 1 disc has been perfect.

jaycdam  2002-11-02 00:17:19 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have also tried putting a long film on 1 disc, Lord of the rings, and again, it worked perfectly as a VCD.

Minion  2002-11-02 03:21:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m sure you Believe that..My first Few Vcd"s that I did I though they were awesome But over time when you start experimenting with other formats and doing XSVCD/XVCD and even Mini-DVD and you look back at the first 100 or so Disks you did and they don"t Quite look as good as you thought they did back then..But I guess that"s progress .Find out what exact version of Tmpgenc your friend has and let us Know as I would like know what options you are talking about..I have tried every demo and Plus version since Tmpgenc first came out and I don"t Think I remember these options...Cheers

Ashy  2002-11-02 15:44:42 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WHY, WHY, WHY??!! r u creating a new thread on the same subject. ONCE is enough. It will not get your post answered any quicker, but will probably get it deleted or ignored. DONT DO IT cuz it's very annoying! and breaks the rules of this BBS.

I asked you in your previous post on the same subject what version your friend was using, I see he is using v2.53.35.130 and yes it is possible to create your own template called other for the wizard in the earlier versions, but not in the recent versions.

As for putting a whole movie on one disk then all I can say is you must be easily pleased or need an eye check up.
The quality of VCD movies on 2 disks is substandard never mind 1, but then again you are obviously a beginner and haven't developed an eye for quality yet.

ASHY

Ashy  2002-11-02 16:05:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually I have just discovered it is also possible to create templates for the Wizard in the new versions also.

If you need info how then post back in this thread, don't create another.

ASHY

Minion  2002-11-03 01:22:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ohh..I know what you mean now...Those settings don"t come with Tmpgenc you have to make them yourself..That screen Just shows the available templates that are in the "templates folder" so if you want a different Format option then you have to Make your own Template and Put it in the "templates folder"...

jaycdam  2002-11-04 00:34:40 ( ID:hdy/pgzln0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>WHY, WHY, WHY??!! r u creating a new thread on the same subject. ONCE is enough. It will not get your post answered any quicker, but will probably get it deleted or ignored. DONT DO IT cuz it's very annoying! and breaks the rules of this BBS.
>
>I asked you in your previous post on the same subject what version your friend was using, I see he is using v2.53.35.130 and yes it is possible to create your own template called other for the wizard in the earlier versions, but not in the recent versions.
>
>As for putting a whole movie on one disk then all I can say is you must be easily pleased or need an eye check up.
>The quality of VCD movies on 2 disks is substandard never mind 1, but then again you are obviously a beginner and haven't developed an eye for quality yet.

Trashy....sorry Ashy,
My eye for detail is perfectly fine, thanks for asking. You obviously are doing something very wrong. I only came on here to let people know of this additional template feature...not to be insulted by the likes of a prat like you!!!
It works very well and there is minimal degradation from DVD quality so as for you.........STICK IT!!!!
>
>ASHY

Question - problems converting xvid avis No.30181
silver surfer  2002-11-01 19:45:52 ( ID:i.morrckor. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a problem with converting xvid-encoded avi's to mpeg-1. the resulting picture isnt smooth, the sound seems ok but the picture doesnt flow as well. could it be something in the envrionment settings? any help would be much appreciated.

Minion  2002-11-01 20:30:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That sounds like a Frame rate problem to me, It sound like you are encodeing to a different frame raye as the source avi file...You allways have to encode to the same frame rate as the avi file you are encodeing and if you don"t you will get Jumpy playback...so check that the frame rate of the Mpeg is the same as the avi file...

silver surfer  2002-11-01 20:33:44 ( ID:i.morrckor. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok..i will try that..thanks a lot

Question - Encoding slows down No.30179
Rob  2002-11-01 17:32:09 ( ID:6/ldet7gxdl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why does the movie I am encoding slow way down after about 14% is done? It goes very fast for the first 13% then it slows down.

Minion  2002-11-01 19:39:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It could be a few things like the most common is probably that at that point of the movie is were the Immages get more complicated and harder to encode, as long as it doesn"t stop encodeing....

Question - what's tmpgenc.vfp? No.30177
SLM  2002-11-01 13:32:17 ( ID:mykvhqj3iwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what's tmpgenc.vfp?what's its use?and where to get it?thanks

Ashy  2002-11-01 14:12:34 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's the VFAPI plugin for TMPG project files. Get it from the TMPG website, but don't look too hard....

ASHY

Question - Audio & Video Sync No.30175
Dewey Takem  2002-11-01 13:20:40 ( ID:9jxv5frov6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also have the problem of video and audio out-of-sync. Is there any way that I can automatically copy my mpg file while applying a constant time-shift to the audio, without splitting the two streams and using an audio processor program to change the audio file length? This way, I could minimize the gradual shift - it could be early at the start and late at the end, but over a 40 min program it would be not so noticable.

Minion  2002-11-02 22:58:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How are you encodeing your files(what method) and what type of files are you ancodeing ? and are you doing any sort of format conversions (EG)ntsc to pal ect)?

Question - 16x9 format No.30172
James  2002-11-01 13:09:26 ( ID:ztswjq./0zm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to make a 16x9 DVD. What size should my raw video file be? I don't want it to stretch at all. Thanks.

J

Ashy  2002-11-01 13:20:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

720x352 NTSC or 720x400 PAL.

Ashy  2002-11-01 13:37:59 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just re-read your post. The actual size should be 720x480 NTSC or 720x576 PAL. The sizes in the previous post are the sizes without the black bars added.

There are several other sizes available for DVD authoring, but the above is most common to DVD.

ASHY

Question - Stream read error when multiplexing mpeg2 No.30170
JN  2002-11-01 12:05:12 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. QUESTION:I am using TMPGEnc (2.57) to make quite a lot of mpeg2 (SVCD, VBR CQ) files (music videos, captured AVIs by VDub). Beacuse of various sources of video, I must then somehow level volume in these files, which means dmultiplex to audio and video, correct audio volume by GoldWave, encode audio again, and multiplex back. From time to time (about 3% files) it happens when multiplexing, that file (which was created in TMPGEnc !) reports "Stream read error" in step 3 - "Rewriting SVCD header". Does anybody know what might be wrong ? Repeating the process doesn't help, but source file seems to be ok, when played in PowerDVD.

2. REQUEST: Possibility of demultiplexing and multiplexing (without merging of course) more files at a time would be very welcomed ! Do you how many clicks I must make when mux/demux for example 50 files ?

Ashy  2002-11-01 14:03:28 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You seem to be doing things a pretty crazy, complicated and long winded way.

Firstly the error you are talking about is a bug in v2.57. Download v2.58.

Secondly why don't you normalize the sound as you encode in TMPG rather than extracting the sound and re-encoding.

Thirdly instead of extracting the sound then normalizing and then re-encoding which is pointless in encoding the audio in the first place.
Just extract the audio in the source files you have to a wav file with Virtualdub then normalize in your audio editing program if you wish to do it this way (but TMPG can do this for you itself) then load the normalized wav as your audio source in TMPG when you encode.

This saves all this unecessary messing about you are doing with de-muxing and re-muxing.

If you really do want to extract the audio from the finished encoding just load the file into the 'de-multiplexer' and double click the audio stream. This will extract the audio only as it's unecessary to demultiplex the video aswell.
When you wish to re-mux the normalized audio simply load the new audio into the 'simple multiplexer' and your original MPEG movie as the video source and your movie will be muxed with the new audio and the old one removed.

Last but not least to save your self all the above hassle. Why don't you just load the AVI's in sequence using the 'APPEND' function in Virtual dub and then frameserve to TMPG. TMPG will then treat all the files as one big file. You can then use the normalizing function in TMPG to bring the audio in the files to the same level.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.