TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 368 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Tmpgenc 2-pass encoding-Motion Search/Opimisation John 1 2002-10-28 10:21:35
Question Mr PaulT 3 2002-10-24 09:20:19
Question Can you put chapters in an mpeg movie like dvd? lonewolf1 3 2002-10-24 19:01:14
Question sound quality jurtje 2 2002-10-24 03:01:27
Free talk avi-mpg conversion question + mov question Mark Dekker 4 2002-10-23 20:22:48
Question change from avi to mpeg ben 1 2002-10-23 07:56:08
Free talk VBR encoding ABS 0 2002-10-22 21:37:01
Question MPEG-2 .TS Transport Stream Generation Jet-X 0 2002-10-22 19:22:59
Question Concerting mono clip to stereo Flash 11 2002-10-26 19:41:16
Free talk mux:// feature wcpaul 0 2002-10-22 19:14:22
Question Runtime and EAccessViolation Error on TMPGenc.exe Tetris 0 2002-10-22 17:45:06
Question authoring a dvd after encoding with TMPG enc..... gmeekin 2 2002-10-22 21:29:16

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 368 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Tmpgenc 2-pass encoding-Motion Search/Opimisation No.29771
John  2002-10-23 11:58:46 ( ID:znjng4lnny2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone really know how Tmpgenc handles the 2nd pass for VBR-2pass.
Is only the bitrate optimised in the second pass or is the motion search also optimised in the second pass?? Please some details or a Link.

Please no guessing, only answer if you actually know 100%(would be great if someone involved in the development Tmpgenc could answer:))

John  2002-10-28 10:21:35 ( ID:znjng4lnny2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No Ideas anyone?

Question - Mr No.29767
PaulT  2002-10-23 10:07:08 ( ID:.sesfvngmah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of the TMPG SDK. Pegasys are saying they no longer sell it.

Thanks

Minion  2002-10-23 20:27:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is Tmpgenc SDK?????

ASHY  2002-10-23 23:38:54 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Software Developer Kit.
As far as I'm aware an SDK is used to create software such as plugins and tools which will work with the particular program you have the SDK for.

ASHY

Perry  2002-10-24 09:20:19 ( ID:pk25sbtqxog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Heck, I would like to get a hold of the SDK as well. It might just have the info I need in order to parse the TPR file correctly.

Question - Can you put chapters in an mpeg movie like dvd? No.29763
lonewolf1  2002-10-23 03:24:54 ( ID:0t52nryd6ij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This may be a stupid question and the answer right in front of me but!!!
Okay I convert an avi to mep to play on my dvd. But with my dvd if I try to fast forward it brings me back to the begining menu and I have to start watch ing from the begining again.
So can I insert chapters like on a dvd so say I waych a 1/4 of the movie and want to go to bed and watch where I left off tomorrow?
I know there must be away but I haven't hit the right combanation lol! Also any ideas why I can't fast forward or use other options on my dvd player with a burnt cd mpeg?

Minion  2002-10-23 08:27:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can and a VCD/SVCD isn"t really worth watching without them I think(up yours NERO)But you need a VCD/SVCD authoring program, you can make Menu"s and chapters and Titles and inset animation and your own sound tracks in the menu"s and titles add buttons on the screen that corespond with buttons on your DVD Remote so you can easily navigate you VCD/SVCD movie..With SVCD"s you can even add subtitles and another audio track...There quite a Few program out there for doing this but not all are very good either because of a bad interface or just to complex for doing something that shouldn"t be...But a Good one is "Ulead DVD Workshop 1.2" you can download a Fully functional 30day trial version from there web site at : http://www.ulead.com/ it will take a Bit to learn cuz there is quite a Bit to it...good luck...

wcpaul  2002-10-23 21:59:11 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also use Ulead because it supports complex designs (and 16:9) but Dazzle DVD Complete has the easiest chapter/thumbnail selection process. Motion thumbnails are no extra work and once chapters are selected, fully functional menus are automatically generated. It is also cheap.

NeWcS  2002-10-24 19:01:14 ( ID:jfkv6kzjqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.vcdeasy.org/

Question - sound quality No.29760
jurtje  2002-10-23 02:39:57 ( ID:hqkny9pqgkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert an avi file into a video CD mpeg file, the sound gets very crappy, like metalic sounding. It usn't be like that. What could be the problem?

Minion  2002-10-23 08:18:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well when you encode your files with tmpgenc the audio has to have it"s sample rate converted then the format uncompressed then recompressed to a new format and it is a Fairly complicated job to without looseing Quality and the Ausio encoder in Tmpgenc isn"t very good so what you can do is get the External audio encoder and sample rate converter plugins for Tmpgenc, the audiop encoders are called "Toolame" and "SCMPX" and for Sample rate converters you can use SCMPX or SSRC, you install then by going to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "external tools" then browse for the appropriate file..You can find these programs on Google or any other search engine...

jurtje  2002-10-24 03:01:27 ( ID:hqkny9pqgkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the advice, I've tried it, and it seems to work perfectly.

Free talk - avi-mpg conversion question + mov question No.29755
Mark Dekker  Home )  2002-10-23 00:27:55 ( ID:qnyjh09.atm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay i've got 3 questions:

1. when i convert a divx movie to videocd mpg, i can play it normally with windows, when i burn it with Nero, and play it in my DVD player, it also works, but after 10-30 minutes, the movie is gowing slower, the sound stays the same, then the movie plays faster to synchronize with the sound.
also i noticed conversion works better when i turn on inverse telecine, it stutters less.
Does this has anything to do with my dvd player, it plays normal not converted videocd mpgs in good quality.
I mean, downloaded mpgs is no problem, why is it a problem if i try to convert divx movies to mpg.
Can anyone please help me ?

2. When i convert it to mpg2, it seems to work better, the only problem is i only get 30 minutes of film on one cd, i can ofcourse reduce the size but i do not know if this will affect the quality.

3. Converting from mov to mpg doesn't work, only the movies are working but there is no sound.
Why is this ?

If anyone can help me, i will be grateful
greetz
Mark Dekker

Minion  2002-10-23 08:13:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know on my DVD Player when I get the video slowing down and the audio stays the same then the video speeds up to be in Sysc again it is sometimes called Jumpy Playback, Jumpy playback can be caused By Quite a few things..Like encodeing to a different frame rate as the source file..Encodeing to a bitrate that is too High, or sometimes you can get bitrate spikes caused by the encoder or by high motion scenes or complex scenes,which you player cant handle..Simular effects can be had by haveing the Incorrect "Field Order" set for interlaced film..If you are getting only 30 minutes of Mpeg2 on a CD-r then that is definately quite High and too high for most DVD Players, I can usually get 45-55 minutes of VBR Mpeg2/svcd on a CD-R with Great Quality...The reason the there is No audio with MOV files is probably because the audio format in MOV files is not supported, you get this with every type of file depending on the audio format..The audio needs to be extracted and encoded or De-Compressed to a format like WAV that tmpgenc can encode to MP2 audio..Inverse telicline only works with Files that have previously been teleclined and at 23.9/24FPS...

ABS  2002-10-23 16:02:13 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I had installed Quicktime 5.5, TMPGEnc could open any MOV file I gave it without any problem, so I sugest you try that too...

ABS

Mark Dekker  Home )  2002-10-23 20:06:13 ( ID:qnyjh09.atm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But most of the DIVX movies are 30 frames, i convert them to 24, so they can be played on a PAL, if i use inverse telecine the movie becomes less shocking.
But i do not understand that mpg's that are downloaded that way are better quality then the movies that i convert, the divx movies i convert have those jumpy parts but the normal mpgs do not have that, and i just want to know how i can fix it.
Like i said, converting to mpg2 solves the problem, but it takes too long...
hmmm what can i do.
greetz
Mark Dekker

Minion  2002-10-23 20:22:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that is your problem...If you telicline a 30FPS file to 24FPS it still isn"t Pal, 24Fps is NTSC Film..And if you telicline it to 24FPS then encode it to Pal that won"t work either Cuz Tmpgenc does not do NTSC to Pal conversions(not properly)..If you want to turn NTSC to Pal you need a NTSC/PAL converter like ProCoder,Advanced NTSC/Pal Converter or even AVISYnth has a Good NTSC/Pal converting Command but Tmpgenc will not do it correctly...

Question - change from avi to mpeg No.29753
ben  2002-10-22 23:12:56 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i try to encode an avi file to video cd(NTSCfilm) which was a match in frame rate the picture works but the sound is unsupported or unable to read. yet it played perfect on media player any help would be much app.ta

Minion  2002-10-23 07:56:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you need to Extract the audio from the AVI file to a WAV file with something like "Virtual Dub" then use that as the audio source but if the audio os AC3 you will need a AC3 Decoder ..

Free talk - VBR encoding No.29752
ABS  2002-10-22 21:37:01 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have decided that my next article will be about VBR Encoding.
The article will start by giving General info about VBR and then will talk about TMPGEnc. Later I might add info on CCE, though first I need to find a water-mark-free version to work with...

While still collecting information, it would be usefull if you
could post here, or e-mail me, some VBR expirience you have had or opintions or whatever comes to your mind. All feedback is wellcomed!

www.geocities.com/mpegobsession/

ABS

Question - MPEG-2 .TS Transport Stream Generation No.29751
Jet-X  2002-10-22 19:22:59 ( ID:4xbhgt0tqb. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there plans to implement a .TS (Transport Stream) generation into TSMPEG? I think it would be very beneficial to have this implemented.

Question - Concerting mono clip to stereo No.29739
Flash  2002-10-22 19:14:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I have a few SVCDs from captured home movies that are in mono and the sound only comes out of one speaker.
What I want to do is copy this to the other side so I have sound coming from both sides (albeit two mono stacks).
I have looked at TMPGEnc and I can't see a way to acomplish what I want. I have also tried a demo version of CoolEdit but all I get is hisssss.
Help please.

Thanks

Minion  2002-10-22 21:33:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The best program for converting Mono into Sterio and Cleaning up the Sound Quality is "Sound Forge" it is a Share ware program that can be downloaded at "www.sonicfoundry.com" and you can probably find a way to register it if you looked hard enough...It"s a Great audio editing manipulation tool and It accepts Video files and does some minor Video editing and is good for extracting audio from Wideo files and encodeing them to what ever format you choose...

Flash  2002-10-22 21:41:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks and sorry for the double post.
That Refresh button gets me every time!!

Flash

Flash  2002-10-23 10:04:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
Got Sound Forge working (Full)
but I am now in need of some plugins (mpeg)
Any ideas where I can get them

Ta

Minion  2002-10-23 20:16:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes but you will have to e-mail me...

ASHY  2002-10-23 23:45:01 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just convert the MPEG audio to wav first with TMPG or another program and Soundforge should accept it. Soundforge will do this anyway even if you use an MPEG filter then after you have done what you need export the finished output to wav from soundforge and use as your audio input for TMPG.

ASHY

Flash  2002-10-24 03:25:00 ( ID:7kjd/8/p7bh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks
I've been playing around with the converting to wav thing with cool edit and Goldwave. (I have yet to try again with soundforge with mpeg bits) I have managed to copy the channel and save in the Goldwave but TMPGEnc won't recognise the saved file (wav). It won't let me save as mp3 it says I don't have mp3 bits in my PC and suggests installing media player, well I use Win XP so I have media player... Hmmm.
Cool edit - I can load the audio extracted with TMPGEnc but all I get is hiss.
The only way I have had success is by using Goldwave to copy the channel and saving as wav (not recognised by TMPGEnc) loading this into Cooledit and saving as mp3 which TMPGEnc will accept.
A long way round but it works.
Minion, I will mail you as soon as I get back to my own PC. At work now for a few days.
Thanks for all the help

Flash

ASHY  2002-10-24 08:43:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does the wav actually play ok. It doesn't seem to make sense that TMPG doesn't recognize it.

ASHY

Flash  2002-10-24 16:13:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes the wav created by GoldWave does play in media player 8 okay.
It will load in TMPGEnc as an audio source for encoding but wont load into the audio input for multiplex (either simple or multiplex). I don't want to encode again as I have a few of these to do.

Flash

Flash  2002-10-24 18:00:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just tried to encode just the GoldWave wav and I get the error unsupported audio strem.
When trying to multiplex the error is 'illegal mpeg stream'
Hope this info is useful.

Thanks

Flash

ASHY  2002-10-24 21:03:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You cannot multiplex a wav with an MPEG SVCD or VCD it is not supported.
TMPG should be able to encode the wav no problem though. No matter what you do you will have to re-encode the file to mp2. I'm afraid there is no way around it.
If you are having problems with TMPG re-encoding the audio then try something like dbpoweramp. I would recommend Headac3e, but there seems to be a lot of problems with this program. MPEGDJencoder is by far the fastest mp2 encoder, about 10x faster than TMPG and will save you some time encoding all those files you have.

ASHY

Flash  2002-10-26 19:41:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for all your help. I have now got the results I wanted as below.
De-multiplexed using TMPGEnc to extract audio (mp2)
Load into Goldwave, copy left channel and paste into right.
Save as wav file
Encode this wav with TMPGEnc (audio only) which only took a couple of minutes.
Multiplex original SVCD with the new audio.
Resultant SVCD is as original with sound from both channels but the file size is about 10% larger. I think this is due to the extra audio channel but am not sure as the audio bitrate hasn't changed from 224.

Great and thanks again

Flash

Free talk - mux:// feature No.29738
wcpaul  2002-10-22 19:14:22 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's one I have not seen mentioned and it looks useful.

In Environment Settings/General there is "Enable multiplex with "mux://file name" for video/audio source".

Reencoding video from DVD2AVI leaves you with the .mpa audio file. Loading this as an audio source and adding "mux://" in front saves the extra muxing step.

If you quit encoding, the audio runs on long after the stopping point. (A bug?) This does demonstrate that audio is being muxed in just like when the external encoder feature is used.

Question - Runtime and EAccessViolation Error on TMPGenc.exe No.29737
Tetris  2002-10-22 17:45:06 ( ID:z8aenpbvwxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all - I'm an avid user of TMPGenc for about 3 months now. Just recently, I started getting "runtime error 16..", and "EAccessViolation module in TMPGenc". This started happening when I downloaded the Plus version of TMPGenc. These errors occur when I'm encoding an AVI to MPEG1 / 2, and usually pop-up around the 22% complete mark. Another strange thing is that the encoding of the AVI to MPEG looks finished, I can play the converted MPEG video, but there's no audio?? And the file size is almost twice as big as the original AVI, even though the encoding halted at 22%! Any suggestions on what to do?

Much appreciated.

Question - authoring a dvd after encoding with TMPG enc..... No.29734
gmeekin  2002-10-22 14:36:14 ( ID:vqqqwsoxx1g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Alright, i know everyone has read this before on here, but i am going to ask again for my my own benefit. Heres the scoop;
I have recorded an AVI file useing the HAUPPAUGE WINTV PVR useing the program VIRTUALDUB at a resolution of 640x480 as that is as far as i know the highest i can record under virtualdub. After that i have encoded the AVI to MPEG-2 with TMPG. After trying MANY different settings and variables,includeing BOTH of the DVD templates with the WIZARD, i have not found any sort of setting that looks good after burning a DVD with DVDIT PE 2.5 . The video looks either grainy or hesitates through the whole movie.
I am trying to record some home made martial arts videos and this is really makeing me frustrated trying to get a good watchable dvd. I thought makeing dvd's was supposed to be easy, but i guess not eh? I have had better looking videos makeing an mpeg-1 file and makeing a VCD useing nero. Unfortunately you cant just drop mpeg-1 files onto a dvd and have it play like a vcd. GRRRRRR.........there must be a better way, if anyone can help me along in all this it would be greatly appreciated. :) thanks ahead for all the help,

g~

SGT_slaughter  2002-10-22 16:56:52 ( ID:h/v5gmnayao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

Im having the exact same problem with very high quality DV video ripped from my camcorder. When I try to convert to MPEG2, even with rediculous custom settings on the bitrate like 10000Kbps, it always looks like a video encoed at 200 kbps or less instead. I see higher quality from Micro$oft's encoder with wmv.

Please help us with this problem.

Sarge

Minion  2002-10-22 21:29:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi G-meekin, The problem coulc be that since you Capture card only supports up to 640+480(not Virtual dub) then you are encodeing it to DVD the 640 by 480 resolution gets stretched 20% to 720 by 480 then you loose 20% of the detail..And You might get better Quality useing a Lossless Capture Codec or close to lossless like HuffyUV, but you need about 25GB per hour of AVI at full resolution..And if you are captureing to Interlaced Video (which you probably are) use the "De-interlace Filter" while encodeing and Noise Reduction which will help get rid of Interlace artifacts and Block Noise and get rid of the stuttering effect caused By haveing the incorrect field order..If your Card is a Pci card it is Probably a BT848 or BT878 Card which means you can install different drivers for the card that will alow you can capture up to 720+480 or 756+576..I have a Cheapo TV Wonder Card which would only capture up to 640+240 which is a Totally useless Resolution so I installed these drivers and now I can capture up to 756+576 with Virtual Dub..You can download the drivers at http://btwincap.sourceforge.net I just checked and they will work for your Card.....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.