TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 369 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Video is choppy Divx 6 2002-10-25 18:27:41
Question Whats whith the bitrate equation? PNut 3 2002-10-23 07:41:57
Question have changed direct show and now it just closes on XP pete 2 2002-10-23 07:29:54
Request TPR file format Perry 10 2002-10-24 01:09:31
Question d2v problems Bob@27 1 2002-10-22 06:10:36
Question help me... me 1 2002-10-22 19:02:26
Question Problems creating SVCD tombaker 6 2002-10-23 21:59:30
Free talk Remove lines! daneyboy 3 2002-10-22 18:10:24
Question trying to register tmpgenc dloc 1 2002-10-21 21:19:12
Question Are TMPGe .mp2 audio files compatible with DVDit? Bill 8 2002-10-25 04:27:49
Question Cutting RAspou 1 2002-10-21 21:12:01
Question Change in duration after encoding AppelK 2 2002-10-22 10:01:36

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 369 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Video is choppy No.29727
Divx  2002-10-22 12:06:06 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello

I seem to have some movies where the video is a bit choppy. I usually use only tmpgenc with nothing else running. And it seems when the movie is very busy IE a lot of action the video ends up choppy. Should I make sure I have nothing else running when I burn the CD or use VCDeasy? I burn at the lowest speed 4x.

Could it be the cd brand. I just purchased a new coputer dedicated to just making the mpg and its a p4 2.5mhz with 256 ram. So it should have the power to handel this.

Steven

ASHY  2002-10-22 19:04:25 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have changed the framerate of the movie to that of the original?
What bitrate did you use to encode and what format?

More details please...

ASHY

DIVX  2002-10-22 20:37:52 ( ID:afpfwczoozl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Its the one you sent me.

480x480
4000x1800 cq 65....

It seems to happen when the action on the screen is a lot.

Not sure what causes it.

Steven

ASHY  2002-10-23 17:05:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That didn't answer the question.

I need to know what the source is I.E. AVI, MPEG and what the framerate is then I need to know what framerate you used to encode the movie or which template you are using.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-10-23 17:08:34 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As a test try this.
Load the unlock.mcf template and change the maximum bitrate to 2600 kb/s.
Then encode a test part of the movie and play it your DVD player.

If it plays ok then I'm afraid your player is incapable of handling high bitrates in SVCD.
You can go to VCDhelp.com and look at the DVD player list to find out what it can handle, but I would suspect it's limit will be 2600 kb/s.

ASHY

Divx  2002-10-24 21:15:55 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry you asked what type of file it is. I download AVI (DVD rips).

Could it be choppy from when I burn the CD. Should I only burn when nothing else is running or can I do 2 things at once?

Steven

PS I must say you guys have been a great help to me.

Thanks again. ;-)

ASHY  2002-10-25 18:27:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does the movie play ok on the PC or is it choppy on the PC also?
Please read the question carefully as you don't seem to be giving me the right answers to my questions.

ASHY

Question - Whats whith the bitrate equation? No.29723
PNut  2002-10-22 11:28:32 ( ID:wibtumxqz/l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I looked on the FAQ of this site and entered in variables to the bitrate equation till it gave me a file that was 690MB. Then, when I burnt the movie (VCD), it came out to 970MB! Whats with the equation, is it wrong?

PS - It did the same thing when I used the file-sizer thing in the TMPEG wizard too.

ABS  2002-10-22 13:02:15 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you type here how you calculated? (what values you used)
ABS

Minion  2002-10-23 07:39:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First Off Don"t really put all your trust in Bitrate Calculators,Cuz they are really only Vaguely accurate when Useing CBR and to a Lesser degree Multi-pass..I have tried probably half a doZZen different VCD/SVCD Bitrate calculators with Varying degreen of success but the one that seems most accurate is this one:http://www.dvd-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/xvcdc111.zip accept I usually go 100KBS lower than it says Areason why your file could be bigger than the bitrate Calculator says, is if you are makeing a VCD with a Bitrate lower than the standard VCD Bitrate of 1150kbs you have to go into the "System" settings and change it to "VCD Non-Standard" because Tmpgenc will Pad the stream up to VCD specs to make it VCD Compliant....

Minion  2002-10-23 07:41:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PS:Why Make your VCD Files 690MB when you Can fit closer to 800MB on a 700mb 80min CD-R in VCD/SVCD Format??

Question - have changed direct show and now it just closes on XP No.29720
pete  2002-10-22 10:31:47 ( ID:ad8/qkszgcg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have done what minion said to raise the direct show to 2 the it thinks about it and says that it had a problem and had to close - xp message not tmpenc!!
any ideas - compatibility issue??
please help

pete  2002-10-22 18:25:05 ( ID:ad8/qkszgcg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please help i cannot encode anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Minion  2002-10-23 07:29:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On a Regular Heathly system Tmpgenc will run with No Problems..So are all the Files that Came with Tmpgenc in the Same folder with no other non-Tmpgenc files??? And did you Install the Vfapi Plugins when you downloaded Tmpgenc?? If you did these things then I don"t know what the problem could be, accept that Maybe the File you are encodeing is Corrupted but the odds of every file you have being corrupted is pretty slim...I guess you could allways try a different encoder and see it you have any problems with it...

Request - TPR file format No.29709
Perry  2002-10-22 03:08:09 ( ID:gybtblqdqzj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'm using the source range filter and would like to export the time codes contained in the .tpr file after I am done cutting the source up.

I have written a simple program that can dump all the records, but only in binary format so far. I need documentation of exactly what means what in the 12-14 bytes of the StartTime/Length records inside of Video.SourceRange.SubRangeList

Can anyone help? (Once I get this working, I might just have a good reason to buy TMPGEnc :-))

Thanks.

Minion  2002-10-22 06:14:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is allready a program that exports the file with the settings in the TPR file to other programs like Video editors encoders ect in the Form of a Dummy AVI file..It"s called the "Vfapi Converter" and was written By the author of Tmpgenc, it is a Great tool for Frameserveing...

Perry  2002-10-22 08:19:40 ( ID:pk25sbtqxog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ah, but I want to export it to something human-readable, so I can take the info and feed it into vcdimager for chapter information. I don't think I can just pass it through vfapi, can I?

Perry  2002-10-22 09:23:46 ( ID:pk25sbtqxog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I really need is information on how the 12 and 14 bytes of the StartTime and Length data are structured... if anyone can provide this. It would be very helpful.

Perry  2002-10-22 18:23:38 ( ID:pk25sbtqxog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I really need is information on how the 12 and 14 bytes of the StartTime and Length data are structured... if anyone can provide this. It would be very helpful.

ASHY  2002-10-22 18:55:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why don't you just simply use VCDeasy which as far as I know is an excellant GUI for VCDimager.
It automatically reads the time codes in the MPEG and allows you to set your own chapter points or import them from another source.
Seems like what you are trying to do has already been accomplished for you.

ASHY

Perry  2002-10-22 19:59:00 ( ID:gybtblqdqzj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You see, that's exactly it, I want to import my chapter info from tmpgenc source range cuts!! This is why I want the timecodes from the .TPR file.

(I am using VCDEasy, how can it detect where I made cuts....)

ASHY  2002-10-23 17:28:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't really understand why you are making cuts in the source range when you can simply add the chapters to the whole MPEG.

The second thing is you can just load the cut MPEGs into VCDeasy as they are and burn. You will then be able to skip to the next mpeg just like you can if had created chapters.

If that doesn't satisfy you then loading then MPEGs into VCD easy then clicking the chapters tab you will see the time code information where it says duration.
It's just a simple case of choosing the movie you wish to read the duration info for from the drop down box. If you then add the duration time code information from each movie as a chapter then you will have a chapter point at exactly the place where each movie ends and the next one begins.

ASHY

Perry  2002-10-23 19:50:51 ( ID:gybtblqdqzj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ah, let me clarify. I am recording TV shows and am cutting out the commercials. Where I cut out commercials, I want to insert a chapter mark.

So when I use the source range filter in TMPGEnc, I would like to be able to export the time values contained in the TPR file into something human-readable (or find a tool that can do similar).

I'd like to not have to use another editing application, because TMPGEnc already takes care of 99% of the functionality I need.

When I'm using the source range filter, I am not cutting the files into individual MPEGs... I need to know the exact post-cut length so I can calculate the bitrate I want to use to maximize the use of the CD's space.

I've tried cutting the raw 8mbps MPEG2 capture into bits using MPEG Tools-Merge/Cut, but it takes almost an hour on a 60minute, 8mbps MPEG2 stream with ~6 cuts, for comparison, encoding a 45min MPEG2 to the SVCD profile only takes me about 80minutes. M/C tells me the time codes I need, but it just takes too long for it to be usable

ASHY  2002-10-23 23:29:28 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok I see what you are trying to acheive, but I have no idea how you can extract the info from the TPR file.

Surely though it would be just as simple to note down the info you need as you make the cut.
The timecode info is displayed at the top when you are using the source range filter. When you make the cut the timecode will change to reflect the position of the cut. I would have thought it is then a simple case of noteing down this info for each cut you make and then simply import that info into VCDeasy to make the chapters.

To know the new adjusted length of the movie just click 'move to end frame' you will then see the timecode is now different with regards to the original length.

ASHY

Perry  2002-10-24 01:09:31 ( ID:gybtblqdqzj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, I could do it while I'm performing the actual cuts... and I may resort to doing that.

I would like the "cleaner" method of extracting the final info out of the TPR file... I know it must be in there... I can extract the number of cuts and the text tags for the starttime/endtime source ranges, but I can't figure out how the binary data itself is arranged in describing the time codes. It'd be a bit less error prone, too.

Oh well, thanks for helping anyway...

Question - d2v problems No.29707
Bob@27  2002-10-22 02:14:15 ( ID:a4xyzhcp9xo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used claddvd to rip some dvds. the output file is *.d2v. the demo version(2.58) would have no problem converting these files. The full version(2.5) would convert one file only once then it would say "can not open; not supported." I then tried the demo and it says the same thing. Even when I try the file that originaly worked. I didn't change anything so I don't know what is wrong.

Minion  2002-10-22 06:10:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make another D2V file and try it again and Use DVD2AVI..and go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi plugins" and make sure there is a DVD2AVI.vfp Plugin listed there and make sure the priority is at "1", and if it isn"t listed there then you need to do into the "DVD2AVI" Folder and copy and paste the "DVD2AVI.vfp file into the Tmpgenc folder then restart Tmpgenc and see if the plugin is listed..I don"t think that Clad DVD Installs the plugin to read D2V files just creates them...

Question - help me... No.29705
me  2002-10-22 01:10:18 ( ID:wybdnbrocxg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please help me... i dont know what the "system clock reference" is and where do i find it? thank oyu! ^_^

ASHY  2002-10-22 19:02:26 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your using that crap Roxio for burning your VCD aren't you?
This error has happened becuase you have cut the file or re-multiplexed it with the MPEGtools and used the wrong stream setting.
You must choose 'MPEG1 Video CD' as the stream setting if you are creating VCD and not use the default 'MPEG1 system(automatic)' setting.

Take my advice download and use Nero for burning VCD. It is much better at it and gives better warnings if you have done something wrong.

ASHY

Question - Problems creating SVCD No.29698
tombaker  2002-10-21 22:13:56 ( ID:dntmmmqnttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems creating SVCD's from my home videos. Whenever I play it back there is a delay about every second that makes the video appear jerky. The MPEGs play fine on my PC but won't work on my DVD player. I am sure that it has to do with the buffering or the bit rate. I have tried TMPGEnc.exe, both the old Beta version and the new 30 day eval. I have played with the bit rate settings a lot but can't find a setting that works. I was only able to create 1 SVCD that would play continuously but it was with such a low bitrate that the video quality was terrible.

I have also tried to copy a DVD with DVDx and get the same results. I have normally use the SVCD option with Nero. I have also tried VCDImager. Could it be my DVD player? I have a JVC XV-S65. When I burn a stardard VideoCD I don't have these problems.

ASHY  2002-10-21 23:39:10 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think it's either the bitrate or the buffer. You most likely have encoded the movie to a different framerate than the original. TMPG won't do correct framerate conversion resulting in the problem you are experiencing.

Do more searching on this BBS. You will find a solution to do it correctly.

ASHY

tombaker  2002-10-22 17:47:41 ( ID:dntmmmqnttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the hint. I am using an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon card to capture the video. Is it possible that the video isn't captured at 29.97 fps?

ASHY  2002-10-22 18:07:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What format is the source in?

ASHY

tombaker  2002-10-23 05:58:38 ( ID:dntmmmqnttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's MPEG-1 I-Frame only 480x480.

Minion  2002-10-23 07:07:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey TombMaker,You Would get Much better Results If you Captured To AVI instead if I frame Mpeg1, First off because Mpeg isn"t a Very Good format to capture to If you Want the best Possible Quality and Another thing is you are Captureing to Frame based Format and then encodeing it to a Field Based format(mpeg2) and I don"t think Tmpgenc will convert the Frame into Fields so You won"t get a Very Good Picture..And the Stuttering effect could be caused By Dropping Frames while captureing...and I checked in On some reviews on your DVD Player and it has Problems with SVCD"s at bitrates above 2500KBS so if you get Bitrate spikes above 2500 kbs you will get jumpy playback and the audio cutting out, I guess it only has a 2 times speed Drive in it when Most of the newer models have a 4 times speed drive in them...If you decode to capture to AVI make sure you have lots of Disk space anywere from 7-20GB per hour depending on the codec you use, PicVideo Mjpeg and HuffyUV are probably the Best Codecs to use for this..

tombaker  2002-10-23 21:59:30 ( ID:dntmmmqnttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

Thanks for the hints. Where did you get the reviews of the DVD players? The only way I can get it to encode without stuttering is to encode it at ~11000 Kbps. Which is way too low quality to watch. I'll try your suggestion.

Free talk - Remove lines! No.29694
daneyboy  Home )  2002-10-21 21:58:42 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can any of you chaps help out here,i have used TMPGEnc to convert a film i downloaded from the net,everything is great apart from i get the lines at the top and bottom of the screen,i have the clip frame set to no margin keep aspect ratio and source aspect ratio set to pal and the video source type set to non interlace(what does interlace mean!).
Does anybody know of any other settings that i can make to put this right or any help at all would be great.
Thanks Daneyboy.

ASHY  2002-10-21 23:27:31 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What sort of lines? You mean black bars?

If so you need to crop them out with the 'clip frame' filter and set the arrange method to 'full screen(keep aspect ratio) and the output to 4:3.

Bear in mind to crop black bars will need to cut out parts of the image from the sides if you wish to maintain aspect ratio.
Tick the 'resized image is used to display preview' when you do this to see how it will look.

ASHY

daneyboy  Home )  2002-10-22 12:10:39 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i play back the film on dvd player through tv the lines at the top and bottom of screen,hope this helps!

ASHY  2002-10-22 18:10:24 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yout gonna have to be more detailed. I can't help unless you explain what you mean by lines.
What colour are they, how thick are they there when you play the file on the PC or just on your DVD player?

ASHY

Question - trying to register tmpgenc No.29692
dloc  2002-10-21 18:12:23 ( ID:bispsy4.qcj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i downloaded the free version. now i'm trying to enter the registration code, but when i select register under the option menu, it just puts a check there. i would like to use this program for more that 30 days. someone please help.

Minion  2002-10-21 21:19:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can"t register the "Free" Version you have to register the "Plus" version..You can download it by double clicking the banner below...

Question - Are TMPGe .mp2 audio files compatible with DVDit? No.29683
Bill  2002-10-21 17:31:02 ( ID:4/6vonm6cyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded several AVI files with TMPGe set to output elementary steams of audio and video. When attempting to author a DVD with DVDit SE version 2.5, DVDit ressponds that a .mp2 decoder is not available. Any suggestions? I am using Windows XP.

Minion  2002-10-21 21:17:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Try to play the MP2 file with media Player and if you get an error that the Decoder can"t be found then it could be a common problem with WinXP, sometimes the "MP2" Decoder gets corrupted for some reason and you need to replace it...but this is just a Guess cuz it happened to me rescently....

Bill  2002-10-21 21:45:58 ( ID:4/6vonm6cyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion, Thanks for the quick reply. I played the TMPGe mp2 file on Window Media Player 9.0 and it plays just fine. Any other suggestions?

ASHY  2002-10-21 21:52:22 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This question has come up numerous times on this BBS. Unfortunately I can't quite recall the solution. Maybe you can find it by using the search box above.
I do know it is related to this specific version of DVDit though so try something like My DVD instead.

ASHY

Bill  2002-10-21 21:59:37 ( ID:4/6vonm6cyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, I did search BBS using "DVDit and Elementary Stream" as queries - no luck though.

ASHY  2002-10-21 22:08:56 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly am I correct in assuming the error is actually 'MPEG2 decoder not available' and not 'mp2 decoder is not available'

Ok I may be wrong but its worth a shot. Apparantly your problem may be due to either having the Ligos player or codec on your system which is causing a conflict with DVDit or more commonly the wrong setting in TMPG.

Here are some TMPG settings which are supposed to be successful in working with DVDit.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0165394101/TMPGEnc_Template.html

ASHY

Bill  2002-10-24 02:49:08 ( ID:64yp3svk8ca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was on travel and just returned. You are correct, the error message was "mp2 decoder is not available". I do have a Ligos codec installed. Any more information on the incompatibility with Ligos? Is it necessary to uninstall the Ligos codec in order that DVDit can function correctly with elementary video and audio files generated with TMPGe? Thanks, Bill

ASHY  2002-10-24 21:17:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems the Ligos codec trys to take over decoding of MPEG2 files, so it causes a conflict with other programs which have to compete with Ligos to open the file causing problems.
All I can say is just try uninstalling Ligos and check the result if that doesn't work try the settings in the link above and create a short test file with them.

ASHY

Bill  2002-10-25 04:27:49 ( ID:64yp3svk8ca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, I found out the LIGOS decoder was embedded in DVDit SE (version 2.5). If I get rid of the LIGOS decoder, I lose my DVD authoring package. I guess I will stick with outputting MPEG2 files from TMPGe instead of video and audio elementary streams. Oh well. However, thank you for your assistance.

Question - Cutting No.29681
RAspou  2002-10-21 14:24:34 ( ID:qmyazn3cea. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I cut with the tools option, my 2 parts of mpg have good image but sound only for a few minutes and no more. Who can help me?

Minion  2002-10-21 21:12:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is one of the many bugs in the mpeg tools ,The solution is to use something else to Cut your files with if this happens...

Question - Change in duration after encoding No.29678
AppelK  2002-10-21 10:11:15 ( ID:c3y9cjht0cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have been trying to encode a movie so that it would fit on one CD. So from the duration of the .avi (captured MJPEG) I calculated the required bitrate.
The encoded file is too long, appr. 5800 sec instead of 5100, and as a result also too large to fit on the CD.

Where does this change come from?
(I capture PAL, 25 fps using freeVCR and encode to PAL xvcd, 25 fps)

Thanks!
AppelK

Minion  2002-10-21 21:10:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is on the extra 700 seconds??Is it black space or does it just say that there is extra Time when there isn"t?....

AppelK  2002-10-22 10:01:36 ( ID:c3y9cjht0cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, I've made a mistake... Apparently I have trouble counting.
It's not actually TMPGEnc that blows up the file, but VCDeasy that pads the mpg with zeros.
Has this anything to do with how I have encoded the mpg? I've encoded 8 files separately, and joined them together afterwards with the MPEG tools in TMPGEnc.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.