TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 377 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question making a mpg movie Kazak2112 7 2002-10-16 18:24:45
Question Number of Picture FWMan 0 2002-10-15 01:51:56
Question MPEG-2 hardware encoder vamp 3 2002-10-22 13:51:51
Question Number of Picture FWMan 3 2002-10-15 23:11:57
Question Directions for avi mpg conversion Fedric Addison 4 2002-10-17 21:51:40
Question PowerDVD patch (build 1811) breaks tmpgenc 2.57/58 dm1 0 2002-10-14 21:19:29
Question Problem multiplexing *.mp2 and wav files sathishrao 4 2002-10-17 19:14:50
Question help with m2p Tom 3 2002-10-15 12:40:19
Question Audio/Video sync problems annessa 2 2002-10-15 19:45:30
Question 700mb disc preset wunderbred 1 2002-10-14 08:54:30
Question Read errors! please help Hendershot 1 2002-10-15 05:47:10
Question 45 minute long movie displays as 78 minutes long in dvd player Fladnag 6 2002-10-13 23:59:30

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 377 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - making a mpg movie No.29382
Kazak2112  2002-10-15 05:00:36 ( ID:unnyvxsimrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I select more the one file, so I can output all to one file? Want to take several mpg's and combine into one. Will only let me select one file at a time.

Minion  2002-10-15 06:05:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats right Tmpgenc does not support encodeing sequential files(in most cases)so you have to either encode a bunch of little files then use the Merge & Cut to merge them together, or which is better is to use Virtual-Dub to frame serve the file to tmpgenc as one big file...

ASHY  2002-10-15 11:57:24 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the files are already MPEG then all you have to do is use the Merge/Cut feature in the MPEGtools to combine them together.
There is no need to re-encode or if you intend to play the files in your DVD player then just load each file in sequence in your burning prog, making sure you set the software so there are no pauses between the files.
The files will then play smoothly in the sequence you put them without any interuption between the files.

ASHY

lupy  2002-10-15 13:49:58 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

or try camels mpg joiner...

ASHY  2002-10-15 13:53:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...which in my opinion is pretty crap.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-10-15 14:04:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry used to be crap, but as for as I'm aware this program does not do correct GOP to GOP joining which can cause video and audio artifacts at the join.

ASHY

lupy  2002-10-16 09:04:51 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ah ok.....it seemed alright the few times i've used it...guess its another thing to try if u r out of options

ASHY  2002-10-16 18:24:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...Agreed.

ASHY

Question - Number of Picture No.29381
FWMan  Home )  2002-10-15 01:51:56 ( ID:gjcztwrv5yl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone help me??!!!

Is there anyway to correc this?

TMPGEn reports number of picture/frame is lower than IFOEdit, ReMpeg, and BitRateViewer, when i load a mix NTSC/Film clip?

Is that a bug? or I did not do it right?

Please show me the right way, if there any?

Thank in advance

FWMan

Question - MPEG-2 hardware encoder No.29377
vamp  2002-10-15 00:39:57 ( ID:cts0b298yqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'm wondering if an MPEG-2 hardware encoder board will decrease the time it takes to encode a video using TMPGEnc ?

Minion  2002-10-15 06:02:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you have gotten something Mixed Up somewere...A hardware encoder board is so you can plug a device like a DV Camera or some other video transfer device into it then let the encoder board encode from the video source..so I guess the answer is NO..if you had an encoder board you wouldn"t need Tmpgenc but the quality you would get wouldn"t be as good as tmpgenc unless you had a few thousand dollars to spend..and it being a piece of hardware would not have any effect on how tmpgenc encodes to Mpeg..either get a faster computer or a faster encoder if you need to encode faster..

B_Racer  2002-10-15 10:51:54 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In Germany, you can Buy the Vidac VMagic-Board. (http://www.vidac.de/)
It's a TV-Card with Hardware-MPEG2 which is able to act as an Offline-Encoder. On my P4, i can Encode with up to 64 Frames per Second using this Card (reads AVI, MPEG and much more), but the Quality is not the same, TMPGenc offers.

Unn  2002-10-22 13:51:51 ( ID:nxjofu2v2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A hardware mpeg2 encoder like Dazzle DVD.master (Video Creator II) takes for the recording the same time like the movie is running. But you have two things to aware: you must use high data rates for high quality and the movie is not easy to cut. With a software encoder you will need more time, but you have a better control about the quality.

Question - Number of Picture No.29373
FWMan  Home )  2002-10-14 22:15:40 ( ID:gjcztwrv5yl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone help me??!!!

Is there anyway to correc this?

TMPGEn reports number of picture/frame is lower than IFOEdit, ReMpeg, and BitRateViewer, when i load a mix NTSC/Film clip?

Is that a bug? or I did not do it right?

Please show me the right way, if there any?

Thank in advance

FWMan

Minion  2002-10-15 05:57:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How many frames is it....Like 1000? or just a couple? does the Movie not encode? does it cause any problems besides stick in your craw?

FWMan  Home )  2002-10-15 22:12:24 ( ID:gjcztwrv5yl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion.

Thx for your email. I reaaly appreciate your help.
Load the first ripped VOB of Count of Monte Cristo. This VOB is a mix mode (Film and NTSC format), somehow the TMPG shows the number of pictre is much lower than Rempeg or Ifoedit reports, about 800 to 1000 frames ( don't remember exacty the number, but is very big.

This really cause A/V out of sync

But for other VOB, which is 99.9% Film (base on DVD2AVI 1.76) there is only couples frame missing, which is no bis deal, because the end result, after remux A/V is sync perfect.

Is there a bug in TMPG in seeing correct number of frame/picture in mix Film and NTSC type video clip?

Just want to make it clear, there is no problem for me to encode these video clip...

Thx in advance.

FWMan  Home )  2002-10-15 23:11:57 ( ID:gjcztwrv5yl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion.

Thx for your email. I reaaly appreciate your help.
Load the first ripped VOB of Count of Monte Cristo. This VOB is a mix mode (Film and NTSC format), somehow the TMPG shows the number of pictre is much lower than Rempeg or Ifoedit reports, about 800 to 1000 frames ( don't remember exacty the number, but is very big.

This really cause A/V out of sync

But for other VOB, which is 99.9% Film (base on DVD2AVI 1.76) there is only couples frame missing, which is no bis deal, because the end result, after remux A/V is sync perfect.

Is there a bug in TMPG in seeing correct number of frame/picture in mix Film and NTSC type video clip?

Just want to make it clear, there is no problem for me to encode these video clip...

Thx in advance.

Question - Directions for avi mpg conversion No.29368
Fedric Addison  2002-10-14 22:02:55 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Give me directions on converting avi to mpg the best way anyone can please so i can sit down and watch a good movie for change thank you.

Minion  2002-10-15 05:55:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory ,You got to do most of the work yourself.. go to "http://www.vcdhelp.com/ and read some tutorials...

USSJ_Trunks71  2002-10-15 15:28:53 ( ID:wzoezdh/umg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

god can we say hand it to me on a silver platter!!!

google.com works very well

wez  2002-10-16 23:00:39 ( ID:cts0b298yqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good god,

ummmmmmm ... Give me perfect encoded dvd now !!!!!!!! lol lol

why dont some people try using those shiny things on the front of there head ?

ASHY  2002-10-17 21:51:40 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Easy... go to a DVD store and by one. The picture will be perfect.

ASHY

Question - PowerDVD patch (build 1811) breaks tmpgenc 2.57/58 No.29367
dm1  2002-10-14 21:19:29 ( ID:scnfso1ev3j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I install the PowerDvd 4, I can open up the mpeg2 files fine in tmpgenc 2.57 or 58. But once I install the latest patch for PowerDvd to upgrade to build 1811 (downloaded from cyberlink site), I can not open the mpeg2 files anymore, it says file unsupported etc. Anyone else has this problem? Thanks.

Question - Problem multiplexing *.mp2 and wav files No.29362
sathishrao  2002-10-14 18:38:38 ( ID:l.muo.yczdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I am having trouble burning a DVD from the files created using the
MPEG2 capture on Pinnacle DC1000 capture card. It creates two files - one for audio(*.wav) and one for video (*.mp2). Is there a way to
combine the two files into one and then use it in DVD authoring
programs. I tried using TMPGenc for combining these two files into one. It
did it, but there seemed to be audio sync issues. Further, I was not
able to preview or display either the *.mp2 or the multiplexed mpeg
file in TMPGenc. If I go to the MPEG tools, and try to multiplex the two files, it expects a mpeg file for audio and not a wave file. How can I convert the wave file to an acceptable format and then multiplex the two files without getting audio sync issues. None of the DVD burning softwaren accept the combination of *.mp2 and *.wav created by Pinnacle/Premiere to create DVD's. Please help.

Regards,
Sathish

Minion  2002-10-15 05:53:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Cant Mux Wav Files with Tmpgenc, they have to be encoded to Mp2 audio..And only the More High end Authoring programs accept Wav as a Valid Audio format, one good one is Sonic DVD producer, but it is a Bit pricey at about $4000...Depending on the Type of De-sync you have with the Mp2 and M2v file it might be Correctable...if the audio is out of sync from the begining to end and the same amout out of sync then you can use a program like "Mpeg2Vcr" to Mux the files and us its Audio off-set function to correct the audio de-sync ...

ASHY  2002-10-15 12:09:28 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you mean you have a .wav and an .m2v or .mpv file.
An Mp2 file is an audio file not a video file.

If this file is an .m2p (MPEG2 Program file) file then this file is already a multiplexed file.

ASHY

sathishrao  2002-10-17 17:28:28 ( ID:l.muo.yczdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion, Thanks for the response. Is there any software out there to convert my *.wav to *.mp2 audio. Ashy, the *.mp2 I was talking about is a video MPEG-2 file created by Pinnacle card. It does have a .mp2 extension, but is still video not audio. In addition, it also creates the wav file captured at 48KHz. If I can convert the created *.wav to *.mp2 and then mux it with TMPGenc, then that would be great. On a side note, I did find out that DVDit, ReelDVD, Impression and MyDVD do accept the two streams separately. DVDit and MyDVD are kind of limited in its capabilities. But, I guess thats all you would get for the money. Thanks.

dm1  2002-10-17 19:14:50 ( ID:scnfso1ev3j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried opening the .wav file in the main screen of tmpg as audio only? Click start and your output file will be .mp2

Question - help with m2p No.29358
Tom  2002-10-14 17:16:58 ( ID:opgzum6z8tg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not all that familiar with this mpeg business, but I have some .m2p files I want to make a SVCD of. I suppose I have to make it a .mpeg before i can author my SVCD, correct?
So, I try using the 'mpeg tools', but it says buffer underrun at some point (in all three files). I can watch them in WinDVD, no problems.
..also, will 43 mins won't fit on one CD?

Tom  2002-10-14 19:22:56 ( ID:opgzum6z8tg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

.. (continued)
it seems like my m2p file (actually, all three of them) is 'broken'. I watched the clip in winDVD and noticed a glitch at the same place my multiplex fails (buffer underrun) It continues ok though. How do I fix this?

ASHY  2002-10-15 12:36:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

M2p files are already MPEG files. M2p stands for MPEG2 Program stream.
If the resolution is correct for SVCD then you should be able to burn this file directly as SVCD with Nero.
You may need to remux it with TMPG first to add the SVCD headers using the stream setting 'MPEG2 Super VideoCD(VBR)' if you have any compliance probs with Nero.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-10-15 12:40:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way do you mean the error is 'buffer underflow'.
Depending on how many packets the the 'buffer underflow' error gives you. You may still be able to burn and play this file no problem.

ASHY

Question - Audio/Video sync problems No.29355
annessa  2002-10-14 16:42:18 ( ID:kstqki2b9vf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying w/ no luck to convert my real media files to mpeg so that I can make them into vcd's. I have tried every conversion tool I can find and every one of them makes the new files audio/video out of sync. Some have the audio too fast some the video. Some start out okay and then go gradually out of sync. It's been a nightmare. I have read that you can use TMPGEnc to fix this. Does anyone here no how?

Furball  2002-10-15 10:24:53 ( ID:z3y/ltmsrxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am no expert but i have found when ripping from divX (divx 3, divx 4, xvid etc...) i found that in some instances that the audio throughout or in certain parts of the movie are out of sync. This is because the movie was encoded poorly and an audio skew is present. To solve this issue simply run VirtuaDUB and extract the audion, direct stream copy the video and then encode the movie with TMPG encoder.

jofas  2002-10-15 19:45:30 ( ID:mkennyztt9l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe the problem lies in the audio compression being separate from video compression in real media (same in DIVX, most DIVX audio is MP3, right?)

Perhaps demuxing the audio, reencoding in mp2 and muxing again may work?

Question - 700mb disc preset No.29353
wunderbred  2002-10-14 04:53:48 ( ID:1qnpvoyzwah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey guys,

Fairly new to TMPGEnc and I've got a question that you may get all the time (I searched the comments but couldn't find anything related so I'm posting ;D)

I'm using the wizard with the newest version, trying to make a few SVCDs, and the only disc preset available is "CBR 2520kbps 35min/650MB." I've got 700mb CDRs here, so I'd like to use a preset that'd let me fit as much video (or the highest quality video) as possible on each disc.

Is there a way I can either download a new preset file to add in there to use for my 700mb discs (which, if I'm not mistaken, allows for an 800mb .mpg file, correct?), or a way to edit the current preset to change it to allow for the extra space of a 700mb disc?

Thanks ahead of time,
-Clay

lupy  2002-10-14 08:54:30 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

unless i'm mistaken (i don't use the wizard.....i just load a template)..the 35min/650mb is only saying that at that bitrate u get 35 min on a 650mb cd-r. The actual length of the file produced depends on the length of the source.ie 800mb will give u 43 min or so. After u load a template u can always load unlock.mcf in the extras folder so u can change presets to your likeing....remember that for svcds the settings have to be within certain parameters to play on a dvd player.

Question - Read errors! please help No.29351
Hendershot  2002-10-14 04:30:41 ( ID:wvtpxnierrl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have never been able to completely convert a file because a "read error" will randomly appear during conversion and halt the conversion process (i.e. "read error has occured at <address> etc."). How do i keep this from happening??

Minion  2002-10-15 05:47:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Generally speaking if you don"t use movies downloaded off the net you won"t have this problem often...they are usually full of corrupted sectors which still let you watch them but are very hard to encode, you might try to Make a Copy of the file with V-Dub and encodeing that, or you can try to frame serve..

Question - 45 minute long movie displays as 78 minutes long in dvd player No.29344
Fladnag  2002-10-13 22:57:30 ( ID:o33dqnx83qk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I re-encoded a star trek divx (45 minutes long) to xvcd using a constant bitrate of 2150. When I play it in my dvd player the total playing time shows as 78 minutes instead of the 45 minutes it should be. When I play it using a software dvd player the time shows correctly. The times show correctly on my dvd player when I encode as a VCD at a constant bitrate of 1150. Anyone know why this is happening and if I can correct the problem.

Thanx in advance

Anonymous  2002-10-14 01:51:22 ( ID:rqkxiuykjrh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is that you are using a nonstandard bitrate. I had this same problem with an XVCD. I finally figured out that the time corresponds to how long it would be if the bitrate was the standard 1150.

Minion  2002-10-14 02:07:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ya thats it...Not..Unless you have some wierd ass DVD player..What happens when you play it...Does it stop after 45 minutes??or does it Play at all..I do XVCD"s and XSVCD"s every time and they all are played with the correct Time and I use much Higher Bitrates than you..It could be the Authoring program you are useing..

Fladnag  2002-10-14 02:52:39 ( ID:o33dqnx83qk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx for the reply. Yes the video plays all the way through just the time displays incorrectly. I have two different dvd players and both support xvcd. I used tmpgenc to encode and nero to burn. Any suggestions?

Minion  2002-10-15 05:44:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is most likely a problem with nero Cuz nero see"s movies at Minutes in Bitrate at VCD compliance instead the actual length...I have never had this problem But I rarely use nero for VCD/SVCD"s cuz I like to do Chapters and menues and titles and other neat stuff and nero is just a basic burning program..well you can either use something else or Put up with it, or get after Nero to fix it...See ya.

ASHY  2002-10-15 13:47:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems like your player has a problem with reading the timecoding correctly in XVCD files.
It may be remedied by using a different burning program such as VCDeasy, but I'm guessing this is a fault of your player not handling the timecoding correctly.

ASHY

chuckfromtuk  2002-10-13 23:59:30 ( ID:l1wew4fzqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to this site for asftools program, it finally solved all my problems. Thanks for the Link. http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/

My .asf files were converted into .avi then into .mpg

working great on my dvd..........

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.