TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 382 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Problem with mpeg generation by TMPEG Mauro 2 2002-10-10 10:04:43
Question Can some help please! Adonisxx 1 2002-10-10 21:34:48
Question I upgraded to the new version, and now none of my files will load Lordaine 1 2002-10-10 21:49:08
Question how to convert rm files to vcd marc 1 2002-10-10 08:14:32
Question Tmpgenc won't run or open any file bign 2 2002-10-14 04:08:39
Question error message mr2speed 1 2002-10-10 19:16:42
Question Video Resize Homie C 1 2002-10-10 04:22:39
Question encoding an ffdshow encoded movie Ian Royal 0 2002-10-09 21:18:43
Bug report Have to specify end frame Chip Zero 0 2002-10-09 19:15:05
Question commandline? floatingpoint 0 2002-10-09 18:55:55
Question Message: PAL.dll not found Steve 0 2002-10-09 17:19:54
Question Crash with No Message JFord 0 2002-10-09 17:03:49

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 382 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Problem with mpeg generation by TMPEG No.29167
Mauro  2002-10-10 07:37:48 ( ID:y8ugcoklj0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi......
I have processed with TMPEG my Dv file captured from my Dv camcorder......Now, the problem is that I don't know what type of video (MPEG 2?!?!??) TPEG has generated......
Wich format TMPEG give? I need this becouse I want to see this video file on other pc but Windows Media Player don't found the correct codec for open the file....so, on my pc Windows Media Player open this correctly and I can see my video.....
How i can do?!?!?

(excuse me for my English.....)

Thank you minion form above help, I have reformulated my question.....

minion  2002-10-10 08:01:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How are we supposed to know what format you encoded your file to??You encoded it??It"s probably mpeg2 cuZ media player will play most everything else includeing mpeg1.......

Mauro  2002-10-10 10:04:43 ( ID:y8ugcoklj0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encode with TMPEG.....
bitrate 15000, format MPEG2, 25f/ps PAL......

Question - Can some help please! No.29165
Adonisxx  2002-10-10 06:37:10 ( ID:lkcyiq0e6jo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know this has nothing to do with TMPGEnc,but i recently reformatted my harddrive and can't find my cd-key for microsoftword 2000. Do anyone out there have the 25 digit cd-key for microsoft word 2000???

Thanks in advance for your help!!

minion  2002-10-10 21:34:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are in the Wrong place....

Question - I upgraded to the new version, and now none of my files will load No.29163
Lordaine  2002-10-10 06:01:05 ( ID:ljf3pmddkzr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was editing some MPEG-1 files captured with ATI-Video Capture stuff, and using the older version of TMPGEnc (I think 2.7), it ran fine, but now after upgrading to 2.8, it will not load any file saying Invalid Video Source

Please Help

minion  2002-10-10 21:49:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are sure they are Mpeg files and not the ATI format that is used with All the ATI capture cards???I don"t think that Tmpgenc encodes the ATI format..If they are Mpeg1 files you can try raiseing the Priority of the "Microsoft Mpeg1 file reader" in the "Vfapi plugins" you do this by going to "Options" to "environental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise it to 1 or 2...if that doesnt work you can use the "Mpeg Tools" to De-mux the file and just encode the Video then mux the audio with the Video when you are finnished encodeing the video, the audio is allready in the correct format so you don"t need to re-encode it..and if none of that works you can maybe use VCDGear to fiX the mpeg stream..or you might be able to fix it by De-muxing it and then Re-muxing it back together...is there a reason why you just don"t burn the Captured Mpeg files to CD-R instead of re-encodeing it??Cuz if you are going to just re-encode it you should capture to AVI format and you will get Much better Quality Captures..I have a Cheapo ATI TV Wonder useing the BrookTree drivers not the crumby ATI Drivers, and I can capture Full resolution 720 by 480 to HuffyUV or Pic-Video-Mjpeg From VHS Tape with Surpriseingly Great Quality without Dropping frames well I drop about 1 frame in 2500, useing Virtual Dub and I get Much better quality than captureing to Mpeg..But if you still want to capture to Mpeg the best program I have used for this is "Intervideo WinDVR", it capture the best quality mpeg files that I have tried...Just a few tips...

Question - how to convert rm files to vcd No.29161
marc  2002-10-10 04:49:16 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how to convert RM files to VCD

minion  2002-10-10 08:14:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there arent really that many programs that do this, actually only One that I know of that might encode RM to mpeg and that is called EO Video..the other way is to use a Program called "Tinra" to convert the RM to AVI then use the avi in Tmpgenc..you can get Tinra at :http://www.geocities.com/tinra04/ ..

Question - Tmpgenc won't run or open any file No.29158
bign  2002-10-09 23:36:08 ( ID:c9ddtvyjse6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's a brain scratcher for you. I've been successfully using various versions of Tmpgenc for over a year on Win2k pro and upgraded to the plus version a while back. Never had any problems with any version of Tmpgenc. I recently upgraded my system from athhlon to pentium 4, new mobo, new HD, did clean install of Win2k pro, now tmpgenc won't open any file. The dialog box says "File ___ can not open, or unsupported". This is not the usual problem of an unsupported file type or a vfapi problem. The filename that is reported back in the error message box is garbled text random letters and characters (obviously not the file I tried to load). This happens whether I try to open any video (mpg, avi, asf), audio, project file (tpr) or template (mcf), AND ONLY when I use the browse button in Tmpgenc. If I drag and drop a file into the project wizard, the file loads. I've tried just about anything. Have no problems with ANY multimedia player or editor, both audio and video. Any ideas?
Thx

sigel  2002-10-10 20:59:58 ( ID:31vz9zvxyr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@bign
have not a solution for the problem, but want to say thank you for the
tip with drag & drop. Spent many hours in modify my mpg files cause of the
same error then yours. Now with your hink it work's.

greets
Sigel

bign  2002-10-14 04:08:39 ( ID:c9ddtvyjse6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't know what the problem was, but I reinstalled Win2k and everything works ok. I suspect it may have been some codec I installed. Anyone have any problems using Nomo Codec?

Question - error message No.29156
mr2speed  2002-10-09 23:14:11 ( ID:nvi.6jmooyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi i got this error message when i was converting an avi file to mepeg after i hit start button. error -53740378 165136 came up. does any one know why this comes up? Or what could i be doing wrong.

some suggestions and help would be gratly appriciate
thanks

Luc  2002-10-10 19:16:42 ( ID:ct9007utjxf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have got this kind of error too. But in my case the combination of numbers often change. This error only occurs with some DivX files. If anybody knows about this problem please reply.

Luc

Question - Video Resize No.29154
Homie C  2002-10-09 22:40:05 ( ID:8pcgvrisuuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know how to shrink the height of a video and encode into VCD in one step? I prob can encode the video to a smaller size, then encode again to vcd so it has the letterbox look, but is there a way i can do that in one encode?

minion  2002-10-10 04:22:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the "Video Arrange settings" and the "clip Frame" settings and you can adjust the way it looks in the frame......

Question - encoding an ffdshow encoded movie No.29153
Ian Royal  2002-10-09 21:18:43 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, i was wondering what steps are needed to be able to convert an avi, which graphedit shows to use the ffdshow mpeg-4 filter. under filter properties, it says it is:
"ffdshow is a DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DIVX movies.
It uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project for video decompression,
postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of low bitrate
movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD, which is
GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder."

i tried converting with tmpgenc, but the audio worked, how do get around this?
i'm sure i'd have to do something in graphedit, but the only thing i currently know how to do is export the audio with 'wave dest' & 'file writer'. i'm sure there is a similar step for extracting video, which can then be encoded with tmpgenc. any help or suggestions appreciated.

tia,
*ian*

Bug report - Have to specify end frame No.29152
Chip Zero  Home )  2002-10-09 19:15:05 ( ID:azd5yqbktco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The program works great, but only if i explicitly set the source range. I have to set the end frame by dragging the slider to the end, or otherwise it completely screws up. Every frame takes minutes to encode then, and it seems to think the film is a lot longer than it actually is. Anyway, all this is fixed by setting a source range.

Question - commandline? No.29151
floatingpoint  2002-10-09 18:55:55 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is a commandline in tmpgenc???

Question - Message: PAL.dll not found No.29150
Steve  2002-10-09 17:19:54 ( ID:vofie9ar0t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a whole set of .mov's to .mpg using the "Wizard", except one which would not convert. Settings were for NTSC VCD and defaults all the way. All worked fine except one.

On that one, on the page of the dialog where the file to be converted is loaded, error message popped up "PAL.dll not found in ..." and it listed a set of directories including the TMPGEnc folder, Windows folder etc.. After I clicked OK to that, another very similar message dialog pops up, with different list of folders I think.

I searched Google for PAL.dll and TMPGEnc, & other combinations, & nada. ALso checked some VCD sites which are usually good source for this kind of info. Is this PAL.dll a sort of plugin that would be needed to decode files that were PAL in the first place, before the format they're in now? Maybe the file is just corrupt?

All this is with TMPGEnc 2.57 or .58, Windows 2k Pro sp2, 1Ghz Athlon, 512MB RAM, & everything else is fine. Any help appreciated.

Question - Crash with No Message No.29149
JFord  2002-10-09 17:03:49 ( ID:mcqxc95z/w2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I pulled some video off of my ReplayTV. The MPEGs need to be converted before they can be stuffed onto a VCD. I can play the files using some players, however, when I convert them using TMPGENC will convert about half the file and then crash completely. There is no error message the program just disappears.
It does this with almost all of my files (but not all).

Any ideas?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.