TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 384 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question DMB Vids dmbware 3 2002-10-08 20:31:57
Question Creating a dvd with Tmpgenc seperate streams ??? wez 2 2002-10-08 21:05:14
Question svcd jerking FD 4 2002-10-12 13:35:08
Question help SOME one or ASHY hozay 1 2002-10-08 17:13:23
Question Real-time Xhjin 0 2002-10-08 04:24:38
Question AVI to DVD encoding Tom 1 2002-10-22 14:26:06
Question Experienced user with new Audio problem bakerstreet 5 2002-10-08 17:16:53
Question Adding chapters DIVX 5 2002-10-08 20:19:03
Question Fatal Exception Error DavidB 0 2002-10-07 16:03:34
Question Audio source is not recognized maiden 4 2002-10-07 22:46:34
Question Figuring out file sizes. Divx 7 2002-10-08 22:49:37
Request International version Dodo 0 2002-10-07 11:35:45

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 384 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - DMB Vids No.29104
dmbware  2002-10-08 07:53:45 ( ID:cbucigxhcc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems with my mpeg2 file. After creating my clip in Pinnacle and Exporting as avi huffyuv v 2.1.1 480x480 with audio 44.1 khz pcm 16-bit. Next using TMPGE to export as mpeg2. The audio has quick pauses in the final Mpeg2 File. It is driving me crazy!!! How do I fix this problem?

lupy  2002-10-08 12:20:17 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try a demux first

dmbware  2002-10-08 16:18:03 ( ID:cbucigxhcc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what is a demux

minion  2002-10-08 20:31:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe use something else to Encode the audio to Mp2..What I do with most of my Captures is Load my AVI file into "Sound Forge" which extracts the audio to Mpeg audio then use tmpgenc to just encode the Video then use the "Mpeg Tools" Multiplexor to Multiplex the audio and video together...by the wat Multiplexing or Muxing is the joining of audio and video streams into a single stream and De-multiplexing or Demuxing is the seperateing of audio and video streams...and listen to the original audio and make sure that it isn"t cutting out either...

Question - Creating a dvd with Tmpgenc seperate streams ??? No.29101
wez  2002-10-08 07:08:31 ( ID:cts0b298yqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im having a bit of trouble Importing seperate Audio (PCM ) and a pefect Mpeg 2 video stream created by Tmpgenc, The frustrating thing is I know Mydvd does do this as Ive done it before,
When I go to GET MOVIES I select both the video I have encoded, and the Audio I have striped from the origanal captured movie (PCM un compressed) using the output to wave file,
There is no audio being brought into the project, but If I compress the audio, it will, I don't want to use the compressed audio as It is pretty crap !

Any help I would be very greatful

Wez

minion  2002-10-08 20:26:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well this seems like a Problem with your Authoring program and not Tmpgenc, and Not all compressed audio formats are crap maybe you should try "Dolby Digital AC3" I"m sure that your Authoring program will accept it...Is there a forum for your Authoring program? Maybe they can help as this doesn"t seem like a tmpgenc problem..

wez  2002-10-08 21:05:14 ( ID:cts0b298yqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thankyou for your reply, I will try what you have suggested, I am using mydvd to
Author, and it does not support AC3.

Question - svcd jerking No.29096
FD  2002-10-08 07:03:21 ( ID:th0hf3mbsml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I made a scvd with tmpegenc svcd wizard, I have problems with large moving objects. For example if camera moves slowly from left to right or some large object, maybe a car moves through the screen slowly it jerks about every 1 second.

Anyone know what setting I should try to change to get rid of this problem. My source is mainly divx.

FD

ASHY  2002-10-08 17:10:56 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you creating stndard SVCD?
It is possibly a field order problem. Change the field order to the opposite one you have used.

ASHY

FD  2002-10-10 07:43:47 ( ID:th0hf3mbsml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I was creating a standard scvd with tmpgenc wizard. Changin field order doesn't solve the problem. Please take a look at my sample file which shows what the problem is.

http://www.sunpoint.net/~miaijo/video/test.mpg

B_Racer  2002-10-11 14:03:19 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ah, Princess Mononoke, a PAL-Version.
Did you do a Framerat-Conversion?
What exactly was the Source (Framerate)?
My Version of this Movie is made with iVTC to 23.97 FpS and has a SpeedUp to 25 FpS, there's no jerky Motion.

ASHY  2002-10-12 13:35:08 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think B_Racer is correct, it looks like you have changed the framerate of the original.

ASHY

Question - help SOME one or ASHY No.29094
hozay  2002-10-08 06:26:30 ( ID:9yywrz8pj0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i cannot see any display when i encode . i have tried changing the settings
in the preview menue but i still get nothing
please help!!
t.i.a (thnx in advance)
hozay

ASHY  2002-10-08 17:13:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to Option>Enviromental setting>VFAPI plugins and change the 'Directshow multimedia file reader' priority to 2.

ASHY

Question - Real-time No.29093
Xhjin  2002-10-08 04:24:38 ( ID:y/v/dq9yfka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you have Mpeg2 real-time solution?
and you have interest in mpeg-4 video CODEC

Question - AVI to DVD encoding No.29091
Tom  2002-10-08 02:15:02 ( ID:syoklhj1wwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having serious problems with the quality of my DVD movie. I have created a movie into AVI format. I use tmpgenc to encode this to mpeg2 for DVD quality and use dvdit se to create the disc. Problem is the color is no longer sharp but more dull, I notice some blurriness to the video, screen transitions dont run smooth and the video doesnt run smooth. After looking for proper settings on the net, i cannot find any good recommendations on proper settings in tmpgenc.

Any suggestions on general settings for ntsc format on a 4:3 screen?

Thanks in advance...

gmeekin  2002-10-22 14:26:06 ( ID:vqqqwsoxx1g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I feel your pain brother!!!! I can get a great loooking MPEG-1 file and play it on my home dvd player useing a standard CD, but when i try to make a DVD it looks a blocky and runs like its POPPING or hesitating. I have tried raising and lowering the BITRATE settings and even trying different methods, such as VBR and CQ settings and NOTHING, helps!!! This just plain out right sucks. I myself and LOST.
G~

Question - Experienced user with new Audio problem No.29085
bakerstreet  2002-10-07 21:23:02 ( ID:t1f7b7zlgxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

I had no audio when I tried to convert, so I used VirtualDub to extract the audio. Still no audio when i tried again. I looked at the .wav file and I realized it is half as long as it should be. No matter how I extract it with VirtualDub, it comes out half as long. When I try to completely re-encode the avi with VirtualDub, the audio is missing from the last half. This has happened with two very professionally done fansubs I have downloaded lately. Both show up as Divx MPEG-4 when I look at the file info in VirtualDub.

Any ideas? I have converted hundreds of avi files to vcd compliant mpg, but this has only happened to me twice, and in the past month. Are there any new codecs that I should be aware of, or any new formats? I really want to get this stuff off my harddrive and onto disk.

bakerstreet  2002-10-07 21:40:30 ( ID:t1f7b7zlgxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just to add a little oddity, when I drag the AVI files I mention above over with Nero, it doesn't complain. I haven't wanted to waste a CD to try, but shouldn't it say that they aren't vcd compliant and offer to reencode?

ASHY  2002-10-07 22:40:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What details does Virtualdub give about the audio?
Why not try a different program to extract the wav such as AVIMUX which is free and can handle all sorts of types of audio inculding Ac3 and is able to simply extract or extract and re-encode to another audio format.

ASHY

bakerstreet  2002-10-08 00:50:48 ( ID:t1f7b7zlgxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried extracting the wav in full processing mode, and it worked, I got the whole thing. I have no idea why. I am gonna go back and try it with the other file I had the trouble with. The process I am using is:

1. Rip the audio in full processing mode (~70 meg wav for a 7 minute clip).
2. Save the AVI as "Direct Stream Copy" with NO AUDIO in VirtualDub.
3. Assemble the wav and avi in TMPGEnc to make the VCD.

In a series of 15 clips, I only had to do this with the last 3 or 4, so I dunno if they changed settings upgraded to a different codec or what. Freaked me out though. I was to the point of re-downloading the clips... Hope this helps someone else.

lupy  2002-10-08 12:30:57 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if the audio in an avi is not in wav forrmatt then u HAVE to use full processing mode and select uncompressed or u will just be extracting the audio format as is.look in file information in virtual dub to see what formatt the audio is. ALso, i don't think u have to demux the avi to use it as a video source only unless thats the only thing that worked for u.....intersting

ASHY  2002-10-08 17:16:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Lupy is absolutely right on both accounts. You must use Full processing and set the decompression to PCM otherwise you will just be extracting the audio as is.
Also as Lupy says there is no need to demux the avi, just load it as is into TMPG and load your extracted wav as the audio.

ASHY

Question - Adding chapters No.29079
DIVX  2002-10-07 16:33:47 ( ID:afpfwczoozl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey does anyone know how to add thumbnail chapters to cd's? I want to make my cd's look like the DVD's with a thumbnail pic of each chapter sceen. I use VCDEasy is there a better program, with more features?

Steven

minion  2002-10-07 21:03:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A good Authoring Program For adding Chapters and Menue"s to VCD/SVCD/DVD"s is "Ulead DVD Workshop" it has an easy to learn Interface produces fairly good Quality Movies and is a Easy program to find..There is a Functional Demo version at the ulead Web site at :www.ulead.com/

divx  2002-10-08 01:05:35 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the quality the same as VCDEasy? I just want to make them look more professional. I like using the thumbnails like the real DVD's. What do you use?

Steven

minion  2002-10-08 05:26:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Better..

DIVX  2002-10-08 16:37:18 ( ID:afpfwczoozl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry are you saying VCDEasy is better or Unlead?

Steven

minion  2002-10-08 20:19:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VCDEASy is a Very basic authoring program that just offers options for chapters were Ulead Offers Unlimited Chapters and Menu"s and Motion titles, motion Menu"s and lots of other stuff that a basic program like VCDeasy doesn"t have..

Question - Fatal Exception Error No.29078
DavidB  2002-10-07 16:03:34 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After loading a file and clicking on it, then edit, I get a blue screen with a fatal exception error message. It has only just started to do this. I've uninstalled and re-installed TMPGEnc but get the same result. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Question - Audio source is not recognized No.29073
maiden  2002-10-07 13:30:37 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've got tmpgenc installed on a pc (P3, 500 MHz) and on a Notebook (1200 Mhz Celeron). When trying to open the same *.avi on both conputers, the program on the notebook does not recognize the audio-source and the created mpeg does not contain any sound. What can I do about this problem? It's the same tmpgenc-version and the same *.avi-file.

gbagman37  2002-10-07 14:46:46 ( ID:gfs3fzybyzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The biggest problem people have with avi files is they don't realize avi is a generic term. It is the most widely used audio/video format on Windows platforms. However it is not at all the easiest file to play. Because it is not compressed with one specific codec, rather it is a file that can be compressed (or completely uncompressed) with any one of hundreds of codecs (examples: divx, MPEG-4v2, Indeo 3.2, I263, Cinepak etc.).
AVI means "Audio Video Interleave".

So you need to find the codec for the avi, probally Divx. You must have it installed on Pc and not Laptop

maiden  2002-10-07 16:04:37 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx for your answer. The problem is not the codec, the problem are two different pc's with (almost) identic software that don't work with identic movies in the same way.
After choosing the video file the notebooks program doesn't show the automatically selected audio file like the program on the other pc does. Watching the same *.avi on both works, but using temgenc does't work on one of them. What could be wrong?

minion  2002-10-07 20:59:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem is that the audio in your AVI file is not supported in Tmpgenc ,Most audio formats aren"t, you need to extract the audio from the AVI file to a WAV file with something like "Virtual Dub" or "sound Forge" then use the WAV audio file as the audio source...You should do this with ALL files...

ASHY  2002-10-07 22:46:34 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm agreeing with gbagman37 here. You probably do not have the required codec installed to decode the audio in the AVI file.

At some point you may have installed a codec or other software with a codec which is allowing the working PC to recognize the audio.

In any case using Minions suggestion is youe best bet.

ASHY

Question - Figuring out file sizes. No.29065
Divx  2002-10-07 12:14:45 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to change the mpg file size. Some files are to large and some are too small. When I change the quality setting the file size is about the same? I have it set to 65% if it dosent change the output file why not have it set higher by default. Whats best to change when you want to make the file bigger or smaller.

My current settings are:
svcd
480x480
cq 65% 4000x1800

Steven

minion  2002-10-07 20:56:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Haveing the Quality setting on 65% is way to low, up it to 85% , but there is no way to predict the final file size with CQ so it is a lot of Trial and error..

ASHY  2002-10-07 22:06:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have to disagree here.
65% is ideal for the bitrates you are using. I know because those are the settings I use and have tried and tested them many times.
With that Q setting your bitrates should should stay at the lower end yet still be at a comfortable bitrate to prevent macroblocks in most scenes and only needing to go up to the higher end when needed.
This will allow you to fit a regular movie on 2 disks. I would think 85% will take the bitrate to high unecessarily causing the file size to be too large for 2 disks and it will make a difference to the size depending on the type of movie you are using.

If you wish to reduce the file size slightly then why not reduce the audio bitrate to 128 kb/s. If that won't be enough then reducing the min bitrate by 200 kb/s and the Q slider accordingly by 5% should roughly give about a 100mb reduction in file size.

ASHY

minion  2002-10-08 05:24:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anything under 75 for me causes Major macro blocks,and at 85% with the max at 5000kbs I still get close to an 50 minutes on a disk...

DIVX  2002-10-08 16:38:57 ( ID:afpfwczoozl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So lets do a test. What setting do you use? Your saying use 85% and max of 5000 what else should I set to?

Steven

ASHY  2002-10-08 17:20:55 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion the reason you are getting macro blocks is because you probably have the Min bitrate set too low even though you have a high Max bitrate and a high quality setting.

Anything below 1800kb/s WILL result in macro blocks. 1800 kb/s is the lowest you can go without noticable macro blocks appearing in normal scenes.

ASHY

DIVX  2002-10-08 18:26:23 ( ID:afpfwczoozl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So then when your never use less than 1800, even if you need to reduce the file size. What about using the CD's that hold larger amounts like 90 or 99 minutes?

Steven

ASHY  2002-10-08 22:49:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Depends on whether you writer and burning software will support the disks.
Even then your DVD player may have problems with these disks.

ASHY

Request - International version No.29064
Dodo  2002-10-07 11:35:45 ( ID:lupeo3a91il )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you planning to develop an international version of the program, I mean with the interface in French, German,.. and others languages. This would expand the range of your customers, not everybody fully understands english !

A good way to do that is text based language files, that means that you program uses a text file for all the text of the program, when you or someone else wants to make a translation they just copy and rename the file and change the text according to their language.. more and more programmers do that because it's so easy and many internet users help you and translate the files because they want to be using your great software in their own tongue !

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.