TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 405 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question ok..i encoded asf lupy 7 2002-09-22 11:08:58
Question cannot encode mpeg-2 John 2 2002-09-21 17:57:59
Question A Question! Darren 1 2002-09-20 21:15:34
Question De-multiplexing is possible? Julio Castaño 1 2002-09-20 12:33:30
Question TMPGEnc can't find the AUDIO of an AVI (divx) Erez 9 2002-09-23 03:52:30
Question VFAPI converter problem MannaZen1 3 2002-09-20 22:29:11
Question vbr types chris 1 2002-09-21 20:00:44
Question AVI to MPEG ashley 1 2002-09-20 08:02:23
Question Can't load''P3Package.dll KEEL 2 2002-09-20 07:26:41
Question Index of Scan Line is out of range Donna 0 2002-09-19 23:56:48
Question Audio desync Daedalus 1 2002-09-19 22:07:56
Question Problem encoding MPEG2 with TMPGenc 2.58 Tom Clary 2 2002-09-19 23:45:35

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 405 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - ok..i encoded asf No.28297
lupy  2002-09-20 15:22:37 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i used dbpower amp to extract audio from an asf file and used the wav and asf to encode a pal vcd. However the a/v synch is out in the resulting mpg but fine in the asf. Can this be caused by a framerate conversion? I have no idea what the frame rate of the asf file is...virtual dub1.3c won't open it and mp6.4 doesn't show it . Obviously the mpg has a frame rate of 25 fps. What else can cause a/v synch probs?

Minion  2002-09-20 21:05:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You HAVE to encode to the Same frame rate as the source file ,so you have to find out what the frame rate your ASF file has then encode to that Frame rate..Tmpgenc does not do Proper frame rate conversions so the resulting file will have Sync problems and jumpy playback problems..Download "ASF Tools" it should tell you what the frame rate the ASF file is so should "Windows media Encoder"..

lupy  2002-09-21 07:13:28 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i finally found where in asf tools 3.1 it says the framerate.......under re-encode...says frame rate of 30fps. btw my file is wmv not asf and will not open in virtualdubc. Another asf file will open in virtual dub and it says frame rate of 25fps...however the same file in asf tools says 30fps??(maybe asf tools info is for the target file). Anyways, at 30fps the a/v is still not matched.

Minion  2002-09-21 08:50:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of De-sync is it??Is the file the same amount out of sync from Begining to end or does it gradually get worse as the movie goes on??Cuz it the Mpeg file is the same amount out of sync the whole way through the movie then you can de-mux the mpeg file and re-Mux it with something like Mpeg2VCR which has a feature that allows you to off set the audio so you can try to fix Sync problem, but it only works if the file is the same amount out of sync through the whole file...

lupy  2002-09-21 17:38:45 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks minion...unfortunatly the unregistered ver does not do it...and not a cheap prog for me haha.Yes the a/v synch is out by the same amount as far as i can tell. I wounder why its out at all to start with. Guess asf is hard to encode properly or something

Minion  2002-09-21 22:41:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can download a version with the function you are looking for at "http://www.apachez.net/ in the tools section...If you captured the WMV file from a capture card the audio de-sync is usually caused by the capture captureing the video before the audio or visa versa...

lupy  2002-09-22 10:40:13 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the wmv isn't out of sycn...only when i encode to mpg does that happen....got me confused as to why thats happending....maybe wmv framerate isn't exactly constant as it plays.

lupy  2002-09-22 11:08:58 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i try to run mpg2vcr from that site it asks me for a serial number

Question - cannot encode mpeg-2 No.28294
John  2002-09-20 13:40:09 ( ID:wizapieqlar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am not able to encode in mpeg-2.Have tried many different encoders (Tmpgenc,bbmpeg,etc...)and always end up with black video with blocks of color
poping in and out.The audio comes through a little better than video but it is bad quality.Am I missing a codec or video for windows problem???Any help would be appeciated.

Minion  2002-09-20 21:13:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It Depends mostly on the Format of the Source file..What Type of file are you trying to encode to mpeg2??

John  2002-09-21 17:57:59 ( ID:wizapieqlar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your reply.I figured out that I did not have the cyberlink codec on
my system and so I installed PowerDVD and everything works now.Thanks again.

Question - A Question! No.28292
Darren  Home )  2002-09-20 13:37:14 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

alright - i encoded a flim called spy game and half through the flim it seems to get stuck why is this happin and tmpgenc is a nice proggy but half the time theres about 1000000 errors or it can view the file i say one day a person will bring out a proggy wit no errors and work fine dam peeps lol any that my question have fun rippin me 2 bit :D

Minion  2002-09-20 21:15:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of errors are you getting??? What is the Format of the File you are encodeing??and were did you get the file(the net, DVD rip)??

Question - De-multiplexing is possible? No.28290
Julio Castaño  2002-09-20 09:43:08 ( ID:7a5xdwl3rn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is possible to de-multiplex a VOB file containing a linear PCM audio stream with TMPG Enc?

I am very interested in doing it: extract video and linear PCM streams from a DVD-R disk made with ReelDVD authoring tool. The MPEG-2 video stream has been carried out with MovieMaker200 Optibase card.

I am ready to buy TMPGEnc if it is able to realize this function.

THANK YOU.

ASHY  2002-09-20 12:33:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes just load the VOB into the TMPG de-multiplexer under File>MPEGtools and each stream should show up. Double click each stream you wish to extract.

Download TMPG first and try it to make sure, but I'm sure will have no problem.

ASHY

Question - TMPGEnc can't find the AUDIO of an AVI (divx) No.28280
Erez  2002-09-20 08:58:39 ( ID:rydgf/5ddjm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I just ran into a strage problem - I'm trying to convert a divx (avi) file into (S)VCD file. Everything works fine except the fact that the audio is lost.

I've also noticed that TMPEnc doesn't find the audio when I'm using the "source range" (setting->advanced) with "Display Audio" checked (Only a single horizontal green line is displayed).

Also tryied to extract the audio-only (creating an MP2 file) but the result was silence ...

I've got no problems when playing the AVI file in media player.

From the properties -> details of the avi file,
Audio: MPEG Layer-3,114 kBit/s, 44,100 Hz, Stereo,
Video: 448 x 288, 24 Bits, 176934 Frames, 25.000 Frames/Sec, 101 KB/Sec, DIVXMPG4 V3
Software used: Nandub v1.0rc2

Any idea?
Erez

seavixen  2002-09-20 10:34:27 ( ID:rawcgns3xq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think TMPGENEC can accept only WAV files not compressed audio files.
Tryto extract the file as a WAV file. VirtualDub should be able to do this for you directly from the AVI file. Alternatively you can convert the MP2 you have in WAV. Then re-encode, it should work fine.

ASHY  2002-09-20 12:36:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG sometimes has a problem with compressed audio, so your best bet is to convert the audio to a wav with Virtualdub and load that into TMPG. Theres no need to re-encode the video part just load the wav and encode that then when it's done converting to mp2 just multiplex the video and audio together.

ASHY

bill256  2002-09-20 13:14:42 ( ID:yi6ijxq/tkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have also been having this problem with a few AVI files, i have converted the audio to WAV many different times, but TMPGenc still doesn't see the audio. i also have a file that VirtualDub is telling me has 5 audio tracks, is that possible? TMPGenc doesn't see any audio on that file either. overall though, i've found TMPGenc to be a great program.

ASHY  2002-09-20 13:32:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depends what type of audio you are converting to wav and with what.
Virtualdub doesn't handle all types of audio. It fails with Ac3 and can have problems with VBR audio.
If you convert to wav and then play the wav and the result is no audio then it is pointless using that wav in TMPG because the audio isn't suddenly going to magically appear.
There has to be audio in the wav in the first place for TMPG to encode. I've never known a problem where TMPG cannot encode a wav file.

Many AVI files use AC3 as the audio and neither TMPG or Virtualdub will handle this correctly without the proper codecs installed and even then you can still have problems.

The best bet is to download something which can handle Ac3 or VBR audio like AVImux which can extract individual streams from AVI files and/or encode them to something else such as a wav file.

ASHY

bill256  2002-09-21 03:18:07 ( ID:yi6ijxq/tkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for responding. the WAV files i pull of the AVI files sound great, there Is sound on them, but when i use the WAV files as an audio source in TMPGenc it shows no audio. i've tried using several different frequency WAV files and tried using different programs to create the WAV files too. i have also made MPG files out of the AVI files with no audio and tried to substitute the audio from the WAV file. i can watch the resulting MPG files on my computer fine with good audio, but TMPGenc doesn't register that there is audio in these files and Nero creates VCD/SVCD's with quietly garbled audio. like i say, most of the AVI files i have work great with TMPGenc, i realize that there probably isn't a quick or easy solution to the problem i'm having with these 3 or 4 files, but it feels nice to vent my frustrations here just the same.

Minion  2002-09-21 04:39:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You might try raiseing the "Wav File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" but if that doesn"t work try useing something else to encode the audio to mp2..I use "Headac3e" it converts to quait a few different formats and it will downmix the Wav file if it has more than 2 channels(svcd/vcd only supports 2 channel audio which might be your problem)..and after encodeing to mp2 you just Multiplex the audio together..

bill256  2002-09-22 01:51:10 ( ID:yi6ijxq/tkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i followed your advice, first i raised the priority of the WAV File Reader, that had effect that i could see. next i downloaded the Headac3he program and used that to create an MP2 file (MPEG 1 layer II @ 224 kb/s) and then used that audio file to multiplex a new MPG file. i can watch the file just fine, but TMPGenc and Nero don't find the audio. VirtualDub gives me this file info for the Audio: 44 Khz 224 kb/s Layer II. does this sound correct? i'm not too worried about it, i'm happy just being able to watch the file on my computer, but it would be nice to figure out what i'm doing wrong in case i run into this problem again. when i load up the first original file i'm having problems with in VirtualDub, it's giving me this info: Video: 512x384, 25 FPS, DivX 5.0.2 Audio: 44100 Hz, 2(stereo) channels, 0-bit sample precision, and Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer 3 Codec. i realize that the compresses audio is the problem, but i've done everything in my power to change the audio file to something that TMPGenc will accept. when i substitute other WAV files in TMPGenc i see audio, i've even used a WAV file editor and cut/pasted the movie audio into an existing music WAV file, TMPGenc sees the first part of the audio file, the music, but doesn't see the movie audio.
any help is muchly appreciated.
thanks.

ASHY  2002-09-22 21:24:18 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>TMPGenc sees the first part of the audio file, the music, but doesn't see the movie audio

Even though MPEG does support multiple audio tracks you cannot have two tracks merged into one to play as one audio track. You must re-encode the merged audio files as one track otherwise one of the tracks is likely to be ignored by TMPG.
I do not understand why you are attempting to do this anyway. If you use a proper program for extracting Ac3 audio it should downmix this audio into a single 2 channel wav track which TMPG will have no problem with.
TMPG will not handle multiple channel audio tracks correctly and this seems to be what you are trying to do.

ASHY

bill256  2002-09-23 03:52:30 ( ID:yi6ijxq/tkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorry. i guess i wasn't making myself clear. i have an AVI file that i can play fine on a few video players i have on my system, but no matter what i do with the audio, TMPGenc (and Nero) do not recognize the audio. the quote you pulled from my message was in reference to the fact that TMPGenc recognizes every other WAV file i throw at it except the ones that i pull from the AVI file. i actually took a different WAV file that i already had with music on it and pasted the AVI audio track after the existing audio, TMPGenc recognized the first part of the WAV file with the music on it, but didn't find any sound on the second part. i am talking about one simple WAV file, i'm not trying to create a 6 track MPG file or anything like that. anyway, i'm happy enough to just watch the thing on my computer and i'm sure you have more intelligent questions on here than mine that need your help worse. i really appreciate your help though, thanks.

Question - VFAPI converter problem No.28276
MannaZen1  Home )  2002-09-20 05:50:47 ( ID:590ch7buz56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I save my project in TMpgenc, i usually convert my files to a psuedo .avi in the VFAPI converter. Since Ive switched computers, and after trying to load my file(s), ive been having a "VFAPI Reader codec" error in the converter. I have my direct show priority raised to 2 in TMpgenc, but cant figure out the deal is.

Does anybody know what may be causing this problem?

Thanks

MannaZen1  Home )  2002-09-20 06:43:45 ( ID:590ch7buz56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just installed the vfapi codec and still get the same thing, it wont accept my .tpr files from tmpgenc

ASHY  2002-09-20 12:41:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To install the VFAPI codec you must run this file vifpset.bat in your VFAPI converter folder.

To allow it to accept TMPG project files you must run this file TMPGEncVFP_Install.bat which is downloaded from the TMPG site.

Then in TMPG you must check Option>Register TMPGenc.vfp to VFAPI.
You should then have no problem.

ASHY

MannaZen1  Home )  2002-09-20 22:29:11 ( ID:590ch7buz56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY,

Thanks for the reply.

I did everything you said above: ran vipfset.bat from the vfapi folder,

ran the file TMPGEncVFP_Install.bat which I downloaded from the TMPG site,

and registered TMPGenc.vfp to VFAPI.

I'm still having the same "Reader Codec" error in VFAPI converter. With one file it actually worked, but never saved it to a the Output folder lister in the converter box.

I went ahead and erased all my old .tpr files, and saved them again after I reinstalled TMPGENC 2.58 and VFAPI with the necessary codec and I still have this problem.

Would repeating the whole process (re-installing the software and codec possibly take care of this problem? Or am I going about this the wrong way.

Thanks

Question - vbr types No.28274
chris  2002-09-20 01:27:29 ( ID:nnn14cghrb6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the differece between the 2-pass VBR and w-pass VBR (old type)???
If the source video is encoded @ 23.97 fps should I use 3:2 pulldown?

mGuru  2002-09-21 20:00:44 ( ID:bbv2dboiwgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

From what I understand, the new 2x vbr uses better bitrate allocation, produces better quality, and takes less time to encode.

And yes, if you encode @ 23.97 ("FILM"), you should have the 3:2 pulldown on playback option set.

Question - AVI to MPEG No.28272
ashley  2002-09-20 01:02:22 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what is the easiest way to convert avi file to mpeg so i can make a vcd?

Lorrie  2002-09-20 08:02:23 ( ID:aac8fgjumph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I find that avi2vcd is the easiest converter to use. It's also free. Check out http://www.vcdhelp.com/ they explain everything about nearly every program, step by step.

Question - Can't load''P3Package.dll No.28269
KEEL  2002-09-20 00:54:10 ( ID:ulc1v4tnqt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I capture a video clip from a digital 8 video camcoder, iam using TMPGEnc trial version2.0 .Iwant to convert the clip to a vcd but this error come out all the time please helpme if some one have an idea. Thanks

KEEL  2002-09-20 01:37:42 ( ID:ulc1v4tnqt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the error that comes up (Can't load''P3Package.dll )

Minion  2002-09-20 07:26:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure all of your Tmpgenc Files are in the same Folder especially the Main EXE file and the "P3P Package.DLL" file.If all else fails re-download Tmpgenc..

Question - Index of Scan Line is out of range No.28268
Donna  2002-09-19 23:56:48 ( ID:853mykitmhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am getting an error when trying to encode from .avi to .mpeg1. It says, "Index of scan line is out of range(182)." What does that mean and how can I fix it?

Question - Audio desync No.28266
Daedalus  2002-09-19 16:35:05 ( ID:ikjrwyjojtc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, i have a problem
I'm trying to compress to videocd a divx 5.02 file, 24fps.
But i have no a/v sync from the beginning. What to do ?

Minion  2002-09-19 22:07:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you are encodeing it to 24fps not 23.98fps that will cause d-sync..

Question - Problem encoding MPEG2 with TMPGenc 2.58 No.28263
Tom Clary  2002-09-19 13:58:57 ( ID:s18/htycemg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been having no luck converting a captured DV file to DVD complient video. Something always dies in TMPGenc 2.58 a number of minutes into the source material. One error message I get is "privilege order error". The other is some sort of exception. I've tried changing the priority of the plugins which only seems to change the error message.

I am running Windows XP pro and the input file is around 11Gig on an NTFS partition. Athalon XP 1500 and 512Meg RAM.

I also have not had any luck using either of the ulead DVD programs to encode the video. I have been successful in the past using this computer with Windows 98SE in encoding and creating DVD's. Quite frustrating and any help will be appreciated.

Minion  2002-09-19 22:06:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are getting these errors in tmpgenc and getting errors in "Ulead" then there is most likely something wrong with the AVI file you are encodeing, have you tried to load it into Virtual Dub to scan it for errors??and if you can get Virtual dub to accept the file without any errors then use it to frame serve to Tmpgenc........

Tom Clary  2002-09-19 23:45:35 ( ID:valkzpz32yj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the advice. I think the AVI should be OK because I captured it directly from my digital camera via Firewire using the Ulead software. It plays back in Media Player OK as well though I didn't watch all 54 minutes of it! I will however see what Virtual Dub says about it. Maybe frame serving it will work better as well. My other thought is that there are some large file size issues here.

I did all this around 6 months ago to successfully creat a DVD but that was under Windows 98SE with the then current versions of the same programs.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.