TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 410 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question asf to vcd lupy 2 2002-09-16 12:56:01
Question selecting stream type Schumacher 11 2002-09-22 21:33:52
Question No picture spitfire_53 3 2002-09-17 19:17:53
Question tmpgenc freezes ghussey 1 2002-09-15 21:35:09
Question Audio Sync Problem Jeff 0 2002-09-15 18:11:20
Question Tmpeg crashes on divx files. Lindworm 0 2002-09-15 18:10:09
Question Converting Sorcerer Steven 1 2002-09-15 17:02:04
Question Help About Creating Batch Processing In TMPGEnc....! Siliconmachien 2 2002-09-16 16:14:56
Question mov to mpg Jerry 0 2002-09-15 15:52:12
Bug report VERY big problem with Xvid AVI jpsdr 2 2002-09-16 09:56:05
Question Shut Down? Beven 2 2002-09-15 16:46:39
Question TMPG Enc taking 54 hours cannonfodder 4 2002-09-16 01:41:16

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 410 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - asf to vcd No.28077
lupy  2002-09-15 19:45:04 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

why can't i load asf into tmpgenc?.....says filetype unsupported although it plays fine in mediaplayer 6.4 so i guess i have the codecs

Minion  2002-09-15 21:42:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Probably need to raise the "Direct Show File reader".. go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"...

lupy  2002-09-16 12:56:01 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that didn't help. But i used asf tools to repair the asf and now tmpgenc reads it :-)

Question - selecting stream type No.28065
Schumacher  2002-09-15 19:23:49 ( ID:kyt92zr/fdf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i want to select divx to vcd but it only lets me do vcd/svcd
the select stream type wont let me select i dont want a 100 mg divx film to be a 700 mg svcd i just need vcd can someone help me please
thanks

Minion  2002-09-15 21:41:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t understand what your problem is...all you do is load your divx file into Tmpgenc then click the "load" button in the bottom Right, then choose the "Ntsc-vcd Template" or the "Pal-VCD template" then click "start" and that is it...there aren"t any settings that say "vcd to svcd"...

Schumacher  2002-09-16 18:13:51 ( ID:kyt92zr/fdf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IM trying to convert an avi file to mpeg but at a lesser quality like all the other simpson episodes i have are roughly 200 mb but when i try to convert my episodes which are avi they come out to be 500 mb
i should be able to select the quality but the settings area is all grey meaning i cannot select anything

Minion  2002-09-16 21:17:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Makeing Non-Standard VCD"s at a lower Bitrate will Give you Terrorable Quality, like Practicly un-watchable, regular VCD"s are practicly un-watchable cuz The Quality is so low ,but if you want to commit Bitrate murder on the Simpsons, you have to load the "Unlock.mcf" template so you can unlock the settings then you can lower the bitrate , but another thing you have to do is change the "System" setting to "Video-CD Non-Standard".....

Schumacher  2002-09-16 21:19:30 ( ID:kyt92zr/fdf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IM trying to convert an avi file to mpeg but at a lesser quality like all the other simpson episodes i have are roughly 200 mb but when i try to convert my episodes which are avi they come out to be 500 mb
i should be able to select the quality but the settings area is all grey meaning i cannot select anything

Schumacher  2002-09-16 21:27:17 ( ID:kyt92zr/fdf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

where do i get this mfc file the one in the templates sends me to the net
when i click the mcf files it doesnt do anything except try to send me to the net to search for the mdf file
how do i unlock the stream file theres 4
unlock.mcf
videocd 1246 kbps(ntsc).mcf
videocd 1246 kbps(ntscfilm.mcf
videocd 1246 kbps(pal).mcf
and thanks for being so kind to answer my questions

Minion  2002-09-17 01:28:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The template I am Talking about is in the "Extra" Folder inside the "Templates" folder, and it is Called "Unlock.mcf" you load it by clicking the "Load" tab on the bottom right corner in Tmpgenc, then look for the "Extra" folder in the "templates" folder, then the Settings will be unlocked, or you can go into the Settings and put your pointer over were it says "Bitrate" then "Right Click" it then choose "Unlock", and after this you have to go to "settings" to "system" then choose"Video-CD-Non-Standard" or you file will not get smaller but the quality will get lower....

Harry's Potter  2002-09-17 04:40:01 ( ID:thbmjzetm9g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Schumacher, you do know that vcds are burned according to time, not the file size right? That is your concern right?

Schumacher  2002-09-17 19:11:26 ( ID:kyt92zr/fdf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

harrys potter - i have season one of the simpsons in mpg format they are all 22 minutes or so and are about 200 megs where as the avi files of simpsons season 2 when i use tmpeg to make them vcd turn out to be 500 megs or so

ASHY  2002-09-18 20:34:32 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>harrys potter - i have season one of the simpsons in mpg format they are all 22 minutes or so and are about 200 megs where as the avi files of simpsons season 2 when i use tmpeg to make them vcd turn out to be 500 megs or so

That can't be right if you are creating standard VCD. VCD has a constant of 10mb/min so 22 mins would be 220mb not 500mb.
Your are either using a higher CBR bitrate or are using VBR. Either way it can't be a standard VCD.

ASHY

Schumacher  2002-09-22 20:47:07 ( ID:kyt92zr/fdf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i select the avi file and i select encode what should i do to make it a standard vcd
what settings should be set?

ASHY  2002-09-22 21:33:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to select a template. The VCD template can be found by clicking the load button. This should bring up a folder containing templates.
Select either 'VideoCD (PAL).mcf' or 'VideoCD (NTSC).mcf' depending on your loacation. If you can't find the template folder then just navigate to your TMPG folder and find the folder named 'Templates'.
These are the standard VCD compliant templates. You may adjust the settings by loading the unlock.mcf template in the Extras folder, but bear in mind this will make the VCD non compliant.

ASHY

Question - No picture No.28061
spitfire_53  2002-09-15 18:46:20 ( ID:anqnsvyihbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cannot convert AVI to mpg, even after changing to Direct show to two.
When I do the program shuts down. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Minion  2002-09-15 21:37:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Were did you get the avi file from...If it is downloaded off the net it is probably corrupt...you can try to make a copy of it with " virtual dub" and try to encode that....

spitfire_53  2002-09-16 22:39:24 ( ID:anqnsvyihbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I figured it out thanks anyways.
What I did was, wizard was done and then it started to encode, but I stopped it and then changed Direct show to 2, then clicked the start button, instead of changing Direct show before encoding.

Yet again thanks anyways,
spitfire_53

shedd  2002-09-17 19:17:53 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there!

just to say a big thanx to spitfire for solving this problem for me.

thanx mate

shedd,

Question - tmpgenc freezes No.28059
ghussey  2002-09-15 18:21:04 ( ID:cvfsd0mg4sk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trying to convert avi to mpeg 70% thru the program freezes.
It consistently stops at 70%.
I can view all frames so it is not avi file being corrupt.
Any clues?
Thanks

Minion  2002-09-15 21:35:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because you can View all the frames doesn"t mean it isn"t corrupt, and the header could be corrupt..what ever the reason the soultion is probably the same,you can either try to use "Virtual Dub" to make a Copy of the file and try to encode that ,or you can encode till it crashes then start encodeing a few frames after it crashes then join the 2 parts with the "Merge & Cut"...

Question - Audio Sync Problem No.28058
Jeff  2002-09-15 18:11:20 ( ID:dg1imzrxxij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have backed up several DVD's now using TMPGEnc for the final conversion to MPEG-1 prior to burning the video CD. In all of them, when playing back on my home DVD player, the video seems to speed up and slow down at times out of sync with the audio which continues playing at a constant rate. This does NOT happen when playing the VCD on my PC. Anyone have any suggestions? Could the problem be that I am stepping down from 29.97 fps to 23.976 fps when encoding the video? The audio stream has been ripped as a separate WAV file, so would be unaffected by the stepdown. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Question - Tmpeg crashes on divx files. No.28057
Lindworm  2002-09-15 18:10:09 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, i try to convert a divx to svcd with Tmpegenc. After converting audio to wav everything seems to work fine, but tmpeg crashes after a while. Mostly in the middle of the conversion job. No erroro message or something. it simply crashes.

Question - Converting No.28055
Sorcerer Steven  2002-09-15 16:51:38 ( ID:ikyatdkfoxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to turn two avi files to a SVCD mpg file, but for some reason, the video doesn't work. I con't open it. On another post it said to try raising some direct show or something to 2, and I did that, and now I see the video as it converts, but will that change the end product? Do I have to convert the files again? I'm trying to change a video that was split into two parts into a video that I can play on a dvd player. I had it set up so that I could merge then cut them. I merged them, but I don't know how to cut them, but the file won't play anyways. How do you work this program? I think a help file is needed...

ASHY  2002-09-15 17:02:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Take yourself over to VCDhelp.com for tutorials how to use TMPG.

ASHY

Question - Help About Creating Batch Processing In TMPGEnc....! No.28052
Siliconmachien  2002-09-15 16:00:20 ( ID:shhppc6w5wl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
i have been try to get some help about doing batch processing in TMPGEnc.i have just not been able to find any help on this.i want to do batch process of diffirent files in TMPGEnc.so that multiple files are processed even when i am away from the system.i will appritiate any help on this.thank you.

Minion  2002-09-15 21:26:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The way you set up the "Batch Encodeing" is to load in your file then do your settings then go to "File" to "Save Project" and make a project file then repeat as nescessary..The go to "file" to "batch encode" then load the project files into the "Batch encode" wondow, then click "run"...thats it...

B_Racer  2002-09-16 16:14:56 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why not using File -> Add current project to batch list ?

Question - mov to mpg No.28051
Jerry  2002-09-15 15:52:12 ( ID:vjrjvzv9hym )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok here is my problem when i convert a mov file to an mpg i get no sound what am i doing wrong?

Bug report - VERY big problem with Xvid AVI No.28048
jpsdr  2002-09-15 12:17:09 ( ID:sgkrtml3goo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.
I'm under Win98SE, with TMPEGEncPlus 2.58.
Xvid codec : Koepit XviD-04092002-1 _ALPHA_ Release
I'm having very big problems with Xvid AVI file.
Here are the several thing.

- When i chose an AVI XVid file in video input, i made a patch MPEG file process,
after that, when i chose an other AVI file (not Xvid), when i want to make
the project "Add current project to batch -> MPEG file", the windows where
you select the destination file doesn't appeared, and the program is frozen.
When i do CTRL+ALT+DEL to kill the process, after a long time, i've a blue
screen with an error in VMM.VXD.

- I open TMPEG, i chose an AVI Xvid file in video input, i close TMPEG.
I re-open TMPEG, wich make the current AVI input file an Xvid file, i go
to "Batch encode", and then, i've the following error message :
"BatchEncodeForm.Icon.Data reading error : Read error occured at adress
BFF7A125 of module KERNEL32.DLL with 0078FF78"
If i want to chose an audio file, the program froze when i chose "Browse".
I've tried to kill the process by CTRL+ALT+DEL, but after doing that, the
PC have frozen, i've been obliged to do a reset.
It seems that with an AVI Xvid file in current input video file, after
a boot of the PC, you can call only once a function wich make apperead the
file selection windows. The second time, the program froze.

-I've been very hardly able to make my batch processes. When arrived at
the Xvid file, there has been the following error :
"Read error occured at adress 0048E326 of module TMPEGENC.EXE with FFFFFFFF".
Of course, all the following batch processes have failed.

Minion  2002-09-15 21:21:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There have been a few poeple complaining about haveing problems with the XVid format and Tmpgenc, I might be wrong but I don"t thing that Tmpgenc fully supports the XVid format...

Postman  2002-09-16 09:56:05 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem - "Read error occured at adress
BFF7A125 of module KERNEL32.DLL with 0078FF78"

I removed the Xvid codec and TmpgEnc works correctly again. That causes a problem, though, if you want to transcode from Xvid to Mpg, since you'll need the Xvid codec installed...

Here's my workaround
1) install the Xvid codec
2) recompress the avi using ANOTHER avi codec. For example Divx 3,4 or 5. I use VirtualDub for this. It seems to have no issues with XVid.
3) de-install the xvid codec (uninstaller included with the release that I have)
4) run TmpgEnc as normal to transcode the new avi to an mpg file.

Now... the avi has been transcoded twice, introducing the possibility of more encoding artefacts (blocky picture etc). To counter that, when transcoding from Xvid avi to Divx avi, choose an abnormally high bitrate - for example 3 Kbps or 5 Kbps. This will produce a large file - but hey, it's only a temporary file anyway, and choosing the high bitrate will minimise artefacts. Make sure you choose a CONSTANT BIT RATE codec, and NOT a variable one (e.g. NOT fast motion, or 2-pass) - you don't want the codec to try and do it's normal job of efficiently compressing - you want a FAT avi file.

Hope it works for you.

Regards, Postman
(and thanks to the authors for TmpgEnc - a SPARKLING program)

Question - Shut Down? No.28045
Beven  2002-09-15 08:32:22 ( ID:s8v44.jj9dg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does the new version of tmpgenc have the ability to shut down the system after encoding? I was able to check a box in my previous version...

reester  2002-09-15 13:37:25 ( ID:xh3lqvfqeyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe if you use the Wizzard you get a 'shut down after encode' option box, but not if you make your choices through the regular menus.

ASHY  2002-09-15 16:46:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To enable the shutdown option you either have to use batch encoding or after setting TMPG up begin the encoding by clicking File>output to file>MPEG file and the box will appear.

ASHY

Question - TMPG Enc taking 54 hours No.28040
cannonfodder  2002-09-15 04:08:26 ( ID:y6sfhr2iibk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm converting Lord of the Rings with TMPG Enc by running Dvd2svcd. It in turn calls TMPG Enc. The estimated time to run is 54 hours. Is this normal? I have a 800 mhz Dell with 384 meg of memory and plenty of disk space. Running win2k and have plenty of virtual memory setup.

Minion  2002-09-15 04:36:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know about useing DVD2SVCD but when useing DVD2AVI to Tmpgenc it only took about 7-9 hours, on my old 800mhz Intel Celeron with 512mb-ram...What version of Tmpgenc does DVD2SVCD Use??If it uses a old version then mabe try a newer one...Or you can do it the other way with DVD2AVI to Tmpgenc..I Think that DVD2SVCD uses AViSynth were DVD2AVI uses VFAPI to frame serve and Tmpgenc uses Vfapi so the other method should be faster, or you can use CCE 2.50 with dvd2svcd and I know that CCE is up to 5-8 times faster than Tmpgenc..

cannonfodder  2002-09-15 14:04:36 ( ID:y6sfhr2iibk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm still a bit of a noob at this.. but its the latest version as I had to go get it rather than dvd2svcd providing it.. The commandline that dvd2svcd uses to launch TMPGenc is

"D:MediaTMPGEnc-2.58.44.152-FreeTMPGEnc.exe" "E:DVDTMPGEnc_Project_file.tpr" /Encode /Close

I did some messing around with converting to AVI, the issue was subtitling. I'm kinda deaf so I need the subtitles and all the software I used resulted in bad subtitling when I split the avi during encoding. So DVD2SVCD is an attempt to try something different since it encodes the subtitles directly (or rather TMPGEnc does). So I could use DVD2AVI to do the same time but throw in the VFAPI to speed the process? Will DVD2AVI do direct subtitle encoding while breaking the created file up so I can save each AVI on a CD?

ASHY  2002-09-15 16:25:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is most likely the setting you have chosen for TMPG. If you have chosen the highest quality setting then this will seriously slow down the encoding and is no better than the high quality setting. Also make sure you don't have 2 pass enabled.

To be honest with you using DVD2SVCD is more complicated than just using Smartripper>DVD2AVI>TMPG as separate programs. All that messing about setting it up is a waste of time and using the programs individually will give you more control and is really quite simple.
You can find a tutorial how to to use these prgrams at VCDhelp.com

ASHY

cannonfodder  2002-09-16 01:41:16 ( ID:y6sfhr2iibk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll mess around with it some more... I've actually done dvd -> avi with smartripper and vidomi. I got hung up trying to figure out how to split the subripped subtitles into 2 for 2 cd's. On to read that tutorial you mentioned :) Thanks for the help!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.