TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 411 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Settings from tmpgenc to cce MannaZen1 2 2002-09-15 16:42:48
Question Reb Green White Dots bharat 3 2002-09-22 16:24:20
Question Pixelation LordSkoll 1 2002-09-14 22:20:14
Question No video when converting AVI to MPG wrightsp 1 2002-09-14 22:13:27
Question mpeg2 and wav interlace trew88 3 2002-09-15 17:05:00
Question Audi out of sync and yes I did extract to WAV first dominic s 5 2002-09-15 09:35:30
Question MR The Ego 1 2002-09-14 22:03:18
Question Convert NTSC to PAL Hans 4 2002-09-15 09:28:17
Question An Svcd Mpg Made in Tmpgenc... try to load in tmpgenc again and unsupported houseman 1 2002-09-14 07:26:45
Question TMPGEnc read error reester 0 2002-09-14 03:06:53
Question Why can't we upgrade without paying.... ovelayer 2 2002-09-14 04:40:20
Question Bad audio with large files and new version slower Michelle 5 2002-09-14 22:31:31

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 411 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Settings from tmpgenc to cce No.28037
MannaZen1  Home )  2002-09-15 02:36:35 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the tmpgenc to vfapi to cce 2.50 for encoding.

I am using in tmpgenc
CQ
Min = 750
Max = 2520
Q = 100

Of course, I am saving this as a project file and serving it to vfapi to cce 2.50

Yet when I get into CCE im only left with CBR, One and Multi Pass

Is there a way I can encode tmpgenc's CQ with cce 2.50

Thanks

Minion  2002-09-15 03:21:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The bitrate settings in Tmpgenc have nothing to do with the way your project file is read or the way CCE encodes the psudo avi file..So it does not mater what you set the bitrate in tmpgenc cuz Tmpgenc is not doing the Encodeing, it is just resizeing the resolution and applying any filters you might have used..The "One Pass VBR" method is the same(but better) sort of method as the "CQ" method in Tmpgenc accept the lower the "Q" level in CCE the better the Quality..If I were you i would use CCE 2.62 or 2.64 if you are useing the Vfapi method cuz those version give better quality than the 2.50 version, pluss if you are useing the 2.50 version you can use "AVISynth" or "Virtual Dub" to frame serve to it and it would be a bit Quicker than the VFAPI Method.

ASHY  2002-09-15 16:42:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why on earth would you want to use TMPG's CQ encoding settings for CCE. What would be the point as this would mean you would simply be using TMPG's engine to encode.
The whole point of frameserving to CCE is that you use it's superior MPEG2 encoding engine (forget MPEG1 it's crap) with that of another frameservers settings.
CCE uses the CQ method already for encoding so all you have to do is just use the same bitrate settings in CCE as TMPG except for the quality slider which as minion points out works in the opposite way. A setting of 60 should produce high quality movies.

As a note the bitrate settings you using are quite low. If you want high quality and your player can handle it a setting of Min- 1800 Max- 4000 Q- 60 will give superb reults and should fit a 100min movie on 2 80min cd's

ASHY

Question - Reb Green White Dots No.28033
bharat  2002-09-14 19:28:20 ( ID:mnynxcojmyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello friend!
I am having problem when i encode to vcd (mpeg1) from divX(avi) , I am getting almost continious small around 10-15 red blue and white small dots in out put video. which I found very annoying..
please help me someone what to do for removing that

Minion  2002-09-14 22:22:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like "Macro Blocks", this usually can be cured to some extent by raiseing the bitrate, but this will increase the File size..The bitrate for standard VCD"s is way to low to give optimal Quality...

ASHY  2002-09-15 16:48:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are these little square blocks?

ASHY

bharat  2002-09-22 16:24:20 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yeah very small and some times it seems like raining of this three colors dots

Question - Pixelation No.28031
LordSkoll  2002-09-14 19:21:27 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no matter what i do this video is still pixelated as all hell..any ideas?

Minion  2002-09-14 22:20:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This can be caused by a few things, like if you are encodeing to a low resolution like "VCD" and you play it at Full screen you will get Pixelation, or just not haveing the bitrare high enough...The standard Bitrate for VCD is to low to get rid of the Macro Blocks, so the solution is to raise the bitrate..I usually encode VCD"s at 1650 to 2000kbs, and get anyware from 50-60 minutes on a CD-R and most of the Macroblocks are gone..another thing that can cause this is if you have a low resolution source file and you Increase the resolution, this will cause that effect also.and haveing the "Motion Precition" set at "High quality" can help but the encodeing will take a bit longer...

Question - No video when converting AVI to MPG No.28029
wrightsp  2002-09-14 16:27:51 ( ID:/nw.rgkce7n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I've tried to convert many AVI files to MPG but the end result is blank video, just audio. Tried every setting I could think of. The AVI plays just fine, but won't convert to MPG without losing the video.

What am I doing wrong? It's not just one bad file, it seems like this happens with every AVI that I try to convert to MPG. My goal is to take these AVI files and convert to MPG for use on VCD format.

Thanks!

Minion  2002-09-14 22:13:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably just need to raise the "Direct show file reader"..Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"...

Question - mpeg2 and wav interlace No.28025
trew88  2002-09-14 16:12:43 ( ID:mzg35rdguih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I have ripped a couple of movies i want to interlace with the audio it ripped off one of my dvds. The movie is in mpeg2 format and audio is in .wav format how can i interlace them using this program they said i could but i still cant figure out how. I have tried using multiplex but its not letting me open the mpeg 2 movie in it and i dont see any other way any help would be greatly appiriciated. Thanks again for your time :)

Minion  2002-09-14 22:12:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can not "Multiplex" Mpeg2 video with Wav audio with this program, you have to encode the audio to "mp2" then use the "multiplex", or some authoring programs allow for wav audio, like "Dazzle DVD Complete"...

ASHY  2002-09-15 17:04:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why didn't you encode the audio at the same time? You will have to encode the audio separately to mp2 and then multiplex.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-09-15 17:05:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way I think the actual term you need is interleave not interlace.

ASHY

Question - Audi out of sync and yes I did extract to WAV first No.28019
dominic s  2002-09-14 16:09:43 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I have used Tmpegenc twice now on 2 hour films in DIVX format. I extracted the audio to WAV without compression and then combined them using the standard DVD PAL settings. The audio goes out of sync in the 2nd hour on both films. This shows up on various software players and on my set top DVD player after burning.

Also on my set top box the video stops now and again in the 2nd hour then starts again.

Any suggestions as to what is causing this please.

Thanks

Minion  2002-09-14 22:08:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this a file you downloaded off the net???Many files downloaded off the net aren"t the exact frame rate that they say they are, meaning a file that says it is 23.9fps could actually be 23.8fps, so when you encode it at 23.9fps it gradually goes out of sync..I don"t know of an easy way to fix this type of de-sync..

dominic s  2002-09-14 22:58:44 ( ID:/ekw7eudfi6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is and it's 25 fps PAL - any more suggestions?

Thanks

Minion  2002-09-15 01:18:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only way I know that you might be able to fix this is to take the Wav Audio file that you extracted from the avi then find out Exactly how long it is, to the 1/100-second, then find out exactly how long the Mpeg Video is, the audio file should be a bit longer or Shorter than the mpeg video file, that amount longer or shorter should be the amount it is out of sync..So you load the Wav Audio into a good audio editing program like "Sound Forge 6" and use it to Stretch or shrink the audio file to the exact same length as the mpeg video file then you encode the wave to mp2 and multiplex it with the Video...I know it is a very tricky procedure and doesn"t allways work properly...

dominic s  2002-09-15 09:33:58 ( ID:/ekw7eudfi6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is and it's 25 fps PAL - any more suggestions?

Thanks

dominic s  2002-09-15 09:35:30 ( ID:/ekw7eudfi6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK I will try and see if I can give that a go - don't know why the previous message reposted - thanks

Question - MR No.28017
The Ego  2002-09-14 10:11:39 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i try to encode an AVI file it comes up with unsupported type!, how can i overcome this? HELP!!

Minion  2002-09-14 22:03:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the most Common Question asked Here, gp to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"....

Question - Convert NTSC to PAL No.28012
Hans  2002-09-14 09:48:13 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I convert NTSC to Pal with TMPGenc??
Thank you!
Hans

Minion  2002-09-14 09:58:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Converting Ntsc to pal or Pal to ntsc properly is job most programs can NOT do correctly ,and tmpgenc can NOT do it correctly, if you try to do it with Tmpgenc you will have jumpy playback and sync problems..The only program that I know of that CAN do this fairly good is "Canopus ProCoder"...

Olli  2002-09-14 11:30:51 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is what I do ....

NTSC to PAL conversion

0)If Virtualdub won't allow you to extract wav directly from avi decompress the avi 1st using avi2vcd's decompress utility

1) Extract the audio to wav using Virtual Dub
Go to the audio menu and set audio to full processing mode.
Then select File -> Save WAV to save the audio track as an uncompressed WAV file to your harddisk

Note* If the audio is ac3 format need to extract using Virtualdub direct stream copy, rename the .wav to .ac3 and convert to wav using heac3he utility

2) Then find out the 25 fps video length of the (decompressed) avi using avifrate - change fps to 25 then write down the new length of the film exactly (to 3dp) in seconds - You may want to back up the avi first !!

3) Use "avi frame rate changer" to change the frame rate header of the (decompressed) avi to 25fps and execute the change.
Note* You may want to backup the avi before changing the framerate so that uou dont permanently alter the original.

4) Use "cool edit" to stretch the audio to the exact length of the video file as found in (2)
When the program opens you will be presented with a box allowing you to choose 2 options. Choose options 1 and 3.

In the program click file>open and open the wav you created earlier.
Wait for it to finish then click 'Edit' and untick 'enable undo' then click 'select entire wave' next click 'Transform' and choose 'Time/pitch' from the drop down menu then click 'stretch'
In this box tick the following options:

Low precision (can use High precision if you have a fast CPU but there is not much difference between the two)
Time stretch (preserves pitch)
In the length box enter the exact length of the (decompressed) avi in seconds as found in (2)
Pitch and time settings - check choose appropriate default

When its finished (it spends a long time on 99% before completing) click 'file' then 'save as' and name and save your file as a wav.
This should give you a Wav file which will be the same length as the (decompressed) AVI.

5) Then encode to XVCD template in TMPGenc specifying the decompressed avi that was changed to 25fps using avifrate as video source and the stretched wav as audio source - Note this will still use toolame and ssrc if they are specified as external tools in TMPGenc

Minion  2002-09-14 22:01:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That method works but it isn"t a true Ntsc to pal conversion, and it doesn"t work with files that are 29.9fps..and isn"t to be tried by the in-experienced..

Hans  2002-09-15 09:28:17 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the replies!! I have been looking at Canopus Procoder ...... that program is VERY expensive!! Too much for my budget!
Thanks anyway.
Hans

Question - An Svcd Mpg Made in Tmpgenc... try to load in tmpgenc again and unsupported No.28010
houseman  Home )  2002-09-14 07:08:37 ( ID:yagkro17hy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

heh. .just seems odd. . that i can make a vcd mpg using smartripper/dvd2avi/tmpgenc .. and then i can go back and merge/cut/edit in tmpgenc no problem..
but if i decide to make it an svcd mpg and want to go into it later and add an intro or merge the mpgs .. etc.. it wont even load up in tmpgenc..this makes 0 sense to me. . this file was created by tmpgenc .. . it was born of tmpgenc. .why is it now unsupported by tmpgenc.... is there a fix to this..
'worried ripper.

Minion  2002-09-14 07:26:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because Tmpgenc can Encode to Mpeg2 doesn"t mean it will load Mpeg2 files to be encoded to a Different format....To Load Mpeg2 files into tmpgenc you have to have either the "Cyberlink" mpeg2 decoder installed on your system or the "Ligos" mpeg2 decoder installed.Or you can use the "Mpeg2-VFP" Plugin, but either way it needs a mpeg2 decoder to so it can decode the mpeg2 file..if you have "Power DVD" you will have the mpeg2 decoder...

Question - TMPGEnc read error No.28009
reester  2002-09-14 03:06:53 ( ID:xh3lqvfqeyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hope someone can help me. I am using TMPGEnc Version 2.57.41.146 (registered)to encode a 12.3GB DV Avi file. I encoded it with VCD and SVCD templates just fine but using the DVD template (tried several birates and rate control modes)I get the following "Read error occured at address 00481807 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 05C9AC20". Not sure if the address locations are the same every time, but I don't think so. It errors out like this after different percentages of completion even with the same settings. Never gotten past 62% tho. I'm running W2K on an Athlon XP with 512k ram. Tried V2.58 with same results. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Question - Why can't we upgrade without paying.... No.28006
ovelayer  2002-09-14 02:31:12 ( ID:dn6ahldavar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey I just want to know one thing...when are ya'll gonna make it possible to upgrade to a newer version without haveing to purchase it...there are so many versions and that could end up costing too much and make your product not worth it...i would like to upgrade to 5.8 but I don't have the cash to keep dumping like that...anyways...thanks for your time...

Minion  2002-09-14 03:21:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can,If you purchased any of the 2.5 plus versions you can upgrade for free to the 2.58 version..If you are haveing a problem with upgradeing contact support at the Pegassus site.....

POP  2002-09-14 04:40:20 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

At :
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_main3.html

It says
"Those who have purchased previous version of TMPGEnc Plus are free to upgrade to this version, 2.58! Just download this version and run the program please."

Why did you think "can't upgrade without paying...."?

Question - Bad audio with large files and new version slower No.28000
Michelle  2002-09-14 01:05:55 ( ID:kigm2esmvsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now that I have XP Pro, I decided to make 1 large (about 7.5GB) file of my caps rather than hassling with frameserving. I make two encodes: VCD and WMV. The WMVs from the large file turn out fine. The VCDs appear to encode fine (no errors), but when I play them, the audio is messed up. The audio starts out fine, but when I move the slider, I lose the audio, or I get the wrong audio. Not just out of synch, but like it took audio from one part of the show and put it in another.

I have been using version 2.52 and thought maybe upgrading would help. The problem is that if I use the same settings, 2.58 takes much longer. 4:10 instead of 2:50 for the one I tried. I haven't had a chance yet to let it run all the way through to see if it fixes my orginal problem, but even if I have to go back to frameserving, I'd like to use the latest version.

So my questions are:
1. Is there a problem with TMPGEnc 2.52 (or higher) with messed audio on large files?
2. Why is 2.58 so much slower than 2.52 and is there any way that can be fixed?

Thanks,

Michelle

Minion  2002-09-14 01:29:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This seems like a problem with your configuration cuz no one has complained about the newer versions being slower, and what do you use to watch your mpeg files with ??If you are useing Media Player then don"t cuz it has problems sometimes playing mpeg files..You should use something like "Power DVD"..For me and probably most poeple the newer versions are faster at encodeing than Older versions..What OS did you upgrade from??Was it Windows ME or 98???Cuz there can be some big problems when upgradeing from Win Me or 98 to XP and XP Pro..When i upgraded from Win Me to XP Pro, I had so many problems that I had to totally erase my Hard drive and to a Full Install if XP Pro instead of an Upgrade, now it works fine...

Michelle  2002-09-14 01:49:29 ( ID:kigm2esmvsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>This seems like a problem with your configuration cuz no one has complained about the newer versions being slower,

The computer configuration, or TMPGEnc? If the latter, I'm using the same configuration in both versions.

>and what do you use to watch your mpeg files with ??If you are useing Media Player then don"t cuz it has problems sometimes playing mpeg files..You should use something like "Power DVD"..

I use WMP, but that isn't the problem. The VCDs that were frameserved play just fine. Why would I use Power DVD for VCDs?

>For me and probably most poeple the newer versions are faster at encodeing than Older versions..

Well, for me, it'd definitely slower. Same AVI file, same config, almost 1.5 hours slower.

>What OS did you upgrade from??Was it Windows ME or 98???Cuz there can be some big problems when upgradeing from Win Me or 98 to XP and XP Pro..When i upgraded from Win Me to XP Pro, I had so many problems that I had to totally erase my Hard drive and to a Full Install if XP Pro instead of an Upgrade, now it works fine...

I didn't upgrade from anything. I just bought this computer and it came with XP Pro.

Thanks,

Michelle

Minion  2002-09-14 03:28:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You watch your VCD"s with power DVD Cuz VCD"s are in Mpeg format which is what DVD"s are..Windows media player Has a habbit of playing Mpeg files out of sync, so badly that the audio can be out of sync by 20 minutes...if you have the "Motion Precition" on Highest quality that will make the encodeing take twice as long..how can you have the same configuration on 2 different computers with differant Opperateing systems?...

Michelle  2002-09-14 14:52:36 ( ID:kigm2esmvsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You watch your VCD"s with power DVD Cuz VCD"s are in Mpeg format which is what DVD"s are..Windows media player Has a habbit of playing Mpeg files out of sync, so badly that the audio can be out of sync by 20 minutes...

DVDs are MPG2. VCDs are MPG1. There is no reason to use a DVD player for VCD. They play just fine in WMP. Again, the player is _not_ the problem. The frameserved files play just fine.

>if you have the "Motion Precition" on Highest quality that will make the encodeing take twice as long..

I have it set to higher in both cases. I have been using TMPGenc for over 2 years. I'm not a newbie. Both versions are set up identically, but the large file AVIs take longer on the new version than the old version. I ran a test last night, and frameserved ones are unaffected.

>how can you have the same configuration on 2 different computers with differant Opperateing systems?...

Since I am only using one computer and one OS, I have no idea what the point of this question is.

At any rate, from my own testing, I have confirmed that using >2GB files is indeed the problem. Since no one else is answering and you don't appear to actually be reading my responses, I will just go back to frameserving.

Thanks,

Michelle

BTW: The moderator might want to check why my second post showed up again almost an hour later. I did not post it twice.

Minion  2002-09-14 22:31:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read you responces, and i tried to give you some advice but you got this I"m smarter than you attitude,..Good luck and good riddens ..
PS: Tmpgenc has only been out for 1 year 7 months...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.