TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 412 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question File Unsupported - Sorry...same old thing Kahuna 2 2002-09-13 21:53:15
Question Video Waveform not seen in Source Range RabC 0 2002-09-13 19:55:13
Question can't see any codecs msrmagnum 0 2002-09-13 18:38:07
Question tmpgenc rickki804 1 2002-09-13 21:43:36
Question Divx AVI to SVCD Hannes 2 2002-09-13 21:41:03
Question Will you support Apple MOV formated? Webber 2 2002-09-13 10:32:09
Question Figured out Floating Point Error with 2-pass MPEG2 Edward Chan 0 2002-09-13 07:42:23
Question Barry Hercules Man 8 2002-09-14 11:01:36
Question error while encoding catch232 1 2002-09-13 03:00:44
Question Mpeg2 SVCD convert to Mpeg1 VCD Stuart Bassett 1 2002-09-13 07:43:23
Question D2V files are unreadable Stewart 3 2002-09-13 21:53:59
Question sound out of sync? stu 2 2002-09-13 19:48:59

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 412 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - File Unsupported - Sorry...same old thing No.27997
Kahuna  2002-09-13 20:13:45 ( ID:k3lamlaailn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I hate to chime in with the same problem, but I haven't been able to solve this one and scanned through all the threads so far.

I'm trying to frameserve from Premier to TMPGEnc. I was able to do this many times last month without a problem. However, now I'm getting the dreaded "cannot open or file unsupported" message.

I've set my DirectShow MFR to 2.
I've uninstalled Win Media Player 7 and then reinstalled it w/all options.

Unfortunately I can't pinpoint what has changed between when this worked and when it stopped. I think I might have installed the Tsunami Filter pack in between. Other than that I can't be specific.

Is there anything else I can try. TMPGEnc was working great before.

Please help.
Thanks
Kahuna

Minion  2002-09-13 21:47:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe try Disableing the Direct show filter, this has been known to help ocationally with frameserveing....

Kahuna  2002-09-13 21:53:15 ( ID:k3lamlaailn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

solved my problem by reinstalling the VideoFrameServer (determined the codec was missing)

thanks anyhow

kahunaa

Question - Video Waveform not seen in Source Range No.27996
RabC  2002-09-13 19:55:13 ( ID:tegodoq9emw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help
I am new to dvd ripping. Using tmpgenc wizard - at the source range section, I have to attempt to align the audio to the video as it seems to be out by around 7 seconds. The audio waveform displayed below the video show no modulation of audio sound, just a flat line.
Using ver 2.5 on Athlon pc.
Please advise how to rectify
Thanks

Question - can't see any codecs No.27995
msrmagnum  2002-09-13 18:38:07 ( ID:lgsywbtibb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

i've installed divx 5.02. virtualdub shows me the codec and i can use it. It works fine. But when i'am using tmpgenc v2.58 Free, i can't see any mpeg4 codecs

file-> Output to file -> avi -> video setting -> codec?

what's wrong...do i need some plugins?

gruss
magnum

Question - tmpgenc No.27993
rickki804  2002-09-13 12:26:04 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am receiving an error about a third of the way in when encoding a file. "Tmpgenc has caused an error in DIVXDEC,AX Tmpgenc will now close.
Got any ideas what this is all about???
Thanks

Minion  2002-09-13 21:43:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It Seems that for some reason there is an error in Decodeing your divX file, there is probably an error in you File that is causeing it...you can try to start encodeing a few frames after you get the error then join the 2 mpeg"s together in the "Merge & Cut"...

Question - Divx AVI to SVCD No.27990
Hannes  2002-09-13 11:04:09 ( ID:dcp3cik6wac )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I just wanted to make a SVCD from a divx avi-file, but when I want to specify this avi-file as audio-source, I get an error that this file can not be opened, or nut supported. The video source functions the way it has to (can be encoded, but without audio)
What am I doing wrong?

3RAb  2002-09-13 19:09:54 ( ID:my2xkjwzvdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

u may need to extract the audio first from the DivX file.

download VirtualDub from www.virtualdub.com , extract & install as usual. open DivX file with VirtualDub,
1. choose from menu Audio, select Full processing mode;
2. choose Audio from menu again, select Compression, highlight "No compression (PCM)"; then OK
3. choose Audio from menu once more time, select Conversion, change Sampling rate to 44100Hz for VCD or SVCD MPEGs, leave others alone, click OK
4. from menu, choose File, Save WAV, type a name for this WAV file.

5. in TMPGEnc, use this WAV as Audio Source.

good luck

Minion  2002-09-13 21:41:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Probably need to raise the priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins".. go to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct show" to "2" this usually get avi file loaded when you get that error..

Question - Will you support Apple MOV formated? No.27987
Webber  2002-09-13 07:42:25 ( ID:29ad19frvzk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will you support Apple MOV formated?

ffast  2002-09-13 07:45:59 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is unofficially supported with "Quick time plug-in".
You can search the plug-in at google.com or somewhere.

ABS  2002-09-13 10:32:09 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The plugin sometimes doesn't work though, so if you can't import mov files after using it, try installing Quicktime 5 or later, that worked for me.

Question - Figured out Floating Point Error with 2-pass MPEG2 No.27986
Edward Chan  2002-09-13 07:42:23 ( ID:anwajj2k46c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey all. Thought I might share something I figured out tonight. After upgrading to 2.57 and 2.58, I started getting frequent floating point calculation errors when converting AVIs to 2-pass MPEG2 on frame 15 of the second pass. Well, I figured out that if you change the 2-pass type to "2 pass (old type)" it runs fine invariably. Perhaps Hiroyuki-san can look into this problem for a bug fix. Thanks. BTW, this was system-independent, and was reproduceable on a Pentium 4, Athlon XP, and VIA C3 processor, with floating point enabled and disabled.

Ed

Question - Barry No.27977
Hercules Man  2002-09-13 04:15:07 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help needed encoding to svcd with TMPGenc. I have a dvd player which is a Wharfedale 750s, i have played Svcds from other people, and the quality was fine, with no problems in video or audio. I try some encoding of D2v file with Tmpgenc, and i have big problems. i set the video bitrate to 2376(vbr), and the audio which is always 224Kbps, this gives me a total of 2,600 Kbps, which i believe to be the compliant for Svcd, allthough i have seen some people encoding much higher than this. On playback in my player, i experience video and audio interupts, like a bad framerate, with audio cutting out, this can happen in the same places, and on playback, it can happen in different places also. i have set the whole thing up as best as i can in TMPGenc, but still have this problem. The only way i have been able to get round this problem in a not so very good way is reduce the video bitrate to around 1200, this seems to cut out the probs on my Wharfedale, but now the picture is very poor. another thing worth mentioning is that i have encoded files transfered from panasonic dv camera, extracted the audio with Virtualdub in the same way to wav, and encoded with TMPGenc with no probs in playback, im sure that my player can handle a video bitrate of 2300 or more, and i dont think that its a case of the player not being able to handle this bitrate, but im thinking its something else that is causing the problem, anyone have any idea here, because i have tried everything, also when i check out other encoded mpg2 files that i have from other source, i used the bitrate viewer, the files seem much higher on my encoded files on the graph, than other files, ie the spikes. any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Barry(Baz lad)

Minion  2002-09-13 07:58:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just read a whole bunch of reviews on the WarfDale 750 and 750s and most poeple have big problems trying to get the 750s to play SVCD"s..Most poeple can"t get any SVCD"s burned with Nero to Play but some poeple say that if your burn it with VCDEasy they will play, From what I have read it isn"t a very good player when it comes to VCD/SVCD"s..It all seems to be in the bitrate and in the burning program and even the burning speed and type of CD-R"s you use...If I were you I would get a Different Player...The One I have costs only $99 Canadian and it plays everything ,it"s a Electrohome....

Hercules Man  2002-09-13 18:50:35 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like you could have a point minion, but, i have a whole box of svcds, apprx 40 or so, and EVERYONE works flawelessly! without any skipping, and the picture quality is superb. i also have tried around 160 vcd mpg1 on this machine, and again, they ALL work. now its something to do with TMPGenc, and i have tried all versions, with a hell of a lot of different settings, im gonna work on CCE next to do the encoding, im sure there is an answer here, its not the player. this player is amazing with audio and picture, and i have read many many rave reviews on this model, 750s, second gen machine. someone somewhere knows the answer, and i dont think im going to get it out of the guys who make TMPGenc, that for sure...

Thanks all

Baz lad

Hercules Man  2002-09-13 19:14:44 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wounder if it could have something to do with the mpeg2 codec i have installed, as i believe that TMPGenc relies on a codec installed on the pc as it dosent use one of its own. I have got Power dvd 3 installed, i have also tried encoding on the same pc in 2 different operating systems, win98, and winXP pro, both with same results. one other thing i noticed is the mpeg2 file from other source which i checked with BV, has zig zig scan, and not progressive, so i guess that maybe all the other svcd i have tried, have been encoded on other software and not TMPGenc.

Baz lad

Hercules Man  2002-09-13 20:08:47 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I started using nero, then tried Vcdeasy, and the same result!!

Baz lad

Minion  2002-09-14 00:30:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess you can try a different encoder to make your svcd"s...I guess that is the only way to find out if it is your DVD Player or if it is the Encoder..CCE is a good and fast encoder but it is more complicated in some ways than Tmpgenc...

Hercules Man  2002-09-14 02:44:34 ( ID:k7k/bzbirxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any chance you could send me a guide to cce, im feeling lucky here :) , maybe my cries will be answered, if not, im gonna kick that dvd player all round the living room until it looks like the fu___ng toaster, lol

Baz lad

Hercules Man  2002-09-14 02:50:16 ( ID:k7k/bzbirxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

P.s, Can you send a link to Bazerk20@hotmail.com, much obliged minion. I will tell you if i had any luck or not, i threw in a fake avi file into CCE just to see what it was like, looks kinda basic at first, until i hit the edit button, lol, dam edit button, anyway, i hope i get something sorted. thx alot m8

Baz lad

ASHY  2002-09-14 11:01:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>i set the video bitrate to 2376(vbr), and the audio which is always 224Kbps, this gives me a total of 2,600 Kbps, which i believe to be the compliant for Svcd

If you are using VBR then you are not making a SVCD compliant file. Do you mean (CBR)?
If you do mean CBR then your problem may not be the bitrate as you say your player is able to play other SVCD's.
It may be the muxing rate your player is having problems with as this can cause the sort of problems you are having, but you would have to have a fairly picky player. TMPG uses the standard muxing rate, but sometimes this isn't correct for all files.

BBMPEG has a better muxer than TMPG and can set the correct muxing rate of the MPEG for you. All you have to do is simply set the muxing rate at 0 and BBMPEG will scan the file and set the rate correctly.
Another reason could be the VBV buffer setting. Try setting it at 0 in TMPG to let it decide the best rate.

The other thing I would ask is, have you used the MPEGtools to split the file? If you have you may be using the wrong stream setting when splitting.

ASHY

Question - error while encoding No.27975
catch232  2002-09-13 02:31:09 ( ID:icjlnzpswlg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i use the program to convert an avi to an mpeg, and i go through all the steps and finally when it comes to the part where it's encoding the file, an error window keeps popping up, and it says "error" followed by a number "-537403781 705712" and i click okay and it continues decoding, but that error window pops up every few seconds, and that prevents me from leaving the computer and letting it encode on its own. i have to sit here and click okay. does anybody know whats wrong with that? or how i get fix that problem? thanks

Rhoda  2002-09-13 03:00:44 ( ID:mnpxjbcafpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also get the same problem, and same error.
ERROR -537403781 165088

When I click OK it seems like it keeps going, but the error keeps popping up no matter what!

Can someone tell us how to correct this problem?

Question - Mpeg2 SVCD convert to Mpeg1 VCD No.27973
Stuart Bassett  2002-09-12 23:31:16 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Before I start using TMPGEnc, is it possible to convert Mpeg2 SVCD to Mpeg1 VCD.
I've tried several ways suggested by other people but without success.

Minion  2002-09-13 07:43:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Converting Mpeg2 to Mpeg1 is easy with Tmpgenc and there are a few ways to do it...First you should De-Multiplex the Mpeg2 file and just encode the Video to mpeg1 then you multiplex the audio from the Mpeg2 with the mpeg1, cuz there is no need to encode the audio cuz it is allready in the correct format and re-encodeing it can only cause problems...You have to have a Mpeg2 codec installed on your machine to load mpeg2 files into Tmpgenc, you need either "Power DVD" or something with the "Ligos" codec with it.or you can use "DVD2AVI to decode the mpeg2 and encode the d2v project file...

Question - D2V files are unreadable No.27969
Stewart  2002-09-12 22:02:13 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just recently started using your software and have ripped a DVD using smartripper2.41. Then using DVD2AVI version: 1.77.3 as a framesrver i have converted the ripped .VOB files into audio and video files seperatly.

The audio files work ok on your software but when i try to encode the movie file (the DVD2AVI software made both a .WAV file and .D2V file) your software states it cannot open or it is unsupported.

I have the most up-to-date version of your software, and i followed an online help page as to how i should rip and convert a DVD.

It said i should change the priority of the VFAPI plugin 'DVD2API reader to 0 but that did not work.

Can you help?

Many thanks. Stu

Hercules Man  2002-09-13 03:40:29 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try converting the d2v file with vfapicon, this turns the d2v file into a avi file, i find it quite strange you having probs, i load d2v file into TMPGenc with no problems. i have version 2.57 and 2.56. do a search on google, you should be able to find vfapicon with no probs.

Baz lad

Minion  2002-09-13 07:37:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When useing DVD2AVI you can"t move any of the vob files or d2v files from were they were originally ripped to, and can"t be moved or re-named untill after the encodeing is finnished..And Raiseing the Priority might help you get them loaded..But if all else faile then Make a New D2V file with DVD2AVI, it dvd2avi doesn"t work then the vfapi converter won"t work because they both Run under the same principal...

ASHY  2002-09-13 21:53:59 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Copy this file DVD2AVI.VFP from your DVD2AVI folder into your TMPG folder where the TMPGenc.exe is located and try again.

ASHY

Question - sound out of sync? No.27966
stu  2002-09-12 19:22:50 ( ID:ebrdfyjab2m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am trying to put an AVI file onto a video cd. i have tried using virtual dub to extract a wave file, but when i use this my sound and video are out of sync by about 5 seconds. if i use the AVI as the audio source i dont get any sound at all. how do i fix this?

Hercules Man  2002-09-13 19:42:21 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you extract the audio from the avi with virtualdub using full processing mode, also do not compress, leave the file as a full pcm audio file, also do NOT convert the audio from 48,000Khz to 44,100Khz with virtualdub or TMPGenc, because they dont use anti alais, which means you will get a bad sound quality. I use soundforge to re sample the audio, and the sound is very sweet indeed.

Baz lad

Hercules Man  2002-09-13 19:48:59 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL, do not use the avi file for audio either, make sure you have the correct template, using virualdub, open avi file, go to file information, under file menu. this will tell you the frame rate, amongst other information, usually 23.976 ntsc film, but could also be 29.970 ntsc, or pal 25.000fps. your audio pcm file should be somewhere around the 800 meg mark, possibly over a gig, depending on how long the film is, TMPGenc needs pcm full audio file, NOT a compressed audio file, this could cause all sorts of trouble with sync.

Have a nice day :)

Baz lad

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.