TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 421 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question DVD2AVI do you need it ? Denniz 1 2002-09-06 14:15:36
Question Index Of Scan Line Out Of Range (240) Sir Snooze Pz 2 2002-09-06 22:35:29
Request Encoding more than one file in the same process jpsdr 3 2002-09-08 14:46:34
Request Automation of splitting large avi's into sections Russ Billard 2 2002-09-06 05:42:00
Question Matrix problems? ABS 0 2002-09-06 03:33:10
Question Yo Minion homer simpson 2 2002-09-06 14:28:58
Question setting to stop 4Gig AVI with screwed timing and audio? SLam 2 2002-09-16 14:18:51
Question Jitter and Speed Up Problems with VBR Los11 1 2002-09-06 14:41:15
Request Will TMPGenc be able to do more than just a 2 pass VBR in the near future. Los11 1 2002-09-06 14:41:52
Bug report i'm so happy The lost man 2 2002-09-06 14:52:04
Question AVI correct, MPG stutter Wil 2 2002-09-06 07:40:20
Question HP@HL Mpeg-II Platback honsing 3 2002-09-06 14:56:41

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 421 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - DVD2AVI do you need it ? No.27654
Denniz  Home )  2002-09-06 13:26:29 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm..

Some time ago I discoverd that.. it is possible to open Unencrypted *.vob files into Tmpgenc just by renaming them to *.mpg instead ? I guess the author did this not to get fat lawsuits onto him, anyway you are the one reanaming the file but... Now im wondering if I just can keep on doing this instead of using DVD2AVI program ?

And another qestion, is there a big difference in picture quality between Tmpgenc and CCE ? If you use like automatic VBR, seems to me that you can't tell the two apart if you have a good scours you are encoding from.

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:15:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only reason you are able to open VOB files with TMPG, whether you rename them or not is because somewhere along the line you have installed an MPEG2 codec capable of decoding the file and has nothing to do with lawsuits.
VOB files are simply MPEG2 files and without a capable MPEG2 codec to decode it you would not be able to open any MPEG2 files renamed or otherwise.
Which means the quality of your VOB files is directly related to the quality of you MPEG2 codec. If your MPEG2 codec is crap at decoding then your final encodes won't be up to scratch either.

As for opening VOB files with TMPG, well this is a foolish idea anyway and can and will produce unpredictable results. VOB files contain many different streams and TMPG is not able to differentiate between these streams which means you are unable to choose the track you require. It is also slower and less reliable to encode directly from VOBS and cannot handle VOBs sequentially.
DVD2AVI has been highly optimized for this task and TMPG hasn't. There is no better VOB frameserver than DVD2AVI and will produce better results in a faster time than directly using VOBS with TMPG.

ASHY

Question - Index Of Scan Line Out Of Range (240) No.27651
Sir Snooze Pz  2002-09-06 11:42:34 ( ID:mbasfnd3ye. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone come across this Error message befor

Index Of Scan Line Out Of Range (240)

i get about 54% in converting avi to mpeg then blam this happens many thanxs in advance

ASHY  2002-09-06 16:15:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dodgy AVI. Try frameserving from Virtualdub or repair the bad frame with it.

ASHY

Sir Snooze Pz  2002-09-06 22:35:29 ( ID:mbasfnd3ye. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did that and the Avi is what we all would say is SHAGED :( ... ho hum d/l it 4rom another source (0,-) cheers 4 the info

Request - Encoding more than one file in the same process No.27647
jpsdr  2002-09-06 10:35:22 ( ID:q4qavylkulr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.

Can you add the possibility to process/encod several files,
as is they were only once ?
I explain : for exemple, you have 3 files : file00.avi, file01.avi and file02.avi, and you want to encode them in one file.mpg file.
The file during the process will be merge as is they were one.
Of course, it's the same thing than encoding the files separatly, and
merging them after, EXCEPT with multi-pass VBR !

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:18:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use Virtualdub as a frameserver for this or wait for the next version.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-09-06 16:18:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's stopping you from using multipass anyway? VBR files will join just fine. I don't have a problem with it.

ASHY

jpsdr  2002-09-08 14:46:34 ( ID:q4qavylkulr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is not joigning, but in multi-pass VBR, encoding 2 files
independantly, or the 2 files "in one" is not the same.
A scolar exemple :
You have 2 files of the same length (in time), for exemple, 2 files of 2mn.
The first file can be encoded "correctly" with a rate of 2000kb, the
second can be encoded "correctly" with a rate of 6000kb.
a) You encode the two files separatly, using a VBR of 4000kb. The first will
have a good result, but the second will have a bad result.
b) You encode the two file as one, everything will have a good result. The
first part of the file will have a bitrate of 2000kb, and the second a bitrate
of 6000kb, wich give the average 4000kb.

This is of course a scolar exemple, but it describe the things well.

Request - Automation of splitting large avi's into sections No.27644
Russ Billard  2002-09-06 04:05:30 ( ID:wt8xjyerbrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI,

I'll have to say, I love tmpgenc!!!

I only have one request. Where I and probably others just use tmpgenc as a standard avi to mpg converter using the the vcd template to create mpg ready vcd's, I'm always having to do the same routine to split the avi and batch encode the mpg's. Its like a two stage of identical processes. Is there any Scripting methods or cababilities to add a feature for setting a Number of Splits you would like your output to be and have tmpgenc automate the complete process to the batch encoder. I'm sure I seen something one day on the net for doing this sort of thing, but I could not find it since. (maybe it was a in a dream) :-)

Thanks for creating such easy to use software.
Russ

ffast  2002-09-06 05:26:48 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Although there is not such feature, however, you can do what you want to do
with "Source range" feature.
Although this takes longer, but better results can be expected since TMPGEnc encode specific part of the video.

Russ Billard  2002-09-06 05:42:00 ( ID:wt8xjyerbrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats how I am doing it now.... :-)
works fine everytime to split then, I just divide by 2 a split feature would be nice though, and not a hard programming task.

Russ

Question - Matrix problems? No.27643
ABS  2002-09-06 03:33:10 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Was just wondering, anyone else here ever had problem playing MPEG-2 files that don't have one of the 3 preset Matrixes? While exchanging files seemed like some programs won't accept any other matrixes... (Example: Canopus Media Cruise and some ATI players)

Question - Yo Minion No.27640
homer simpson  2002-09-06 02:18:29 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After you said encoded video actually has less quality than the source i took a bad quality video i used the best settings i could and the filters to try and make it look as good as possible. When i was done i watched both videos and noticed that it actually improved the quality! There was a noticable less amount of block noise. And also is there a type of kazaa like program that is specifically made for trading high quality media?

Bart  2002-09-06 11:36:24 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using Filters is just that you filter out things hence lossing data your picture may seem better but your source file gave up data. Some filters blur the picture to make the picture take on a less blocky apperance others do different things but in the end the picture is no better than the origanal it is all a matter of perspective. A simple but true statement is "You can never get better than the Source" or (Sh*t in = Sh*t out)and this aplies here.

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:28:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree. It is just your perception which is fooling you.
Creating a better picture than the original impossible, but altering cetain characteristics may give this effect. It all depends on what you mean by better.
There are different things that people will percieve as a better picture.
For example some people may prefer a less blocky picture than the original which can only be acheived by some sort of blurring to hide the effect, as blocks cannot be removed, but this will have the effect of a slightly less sharp image.
Another person may percieve a better quality image that has more colour saturation and a higher sharpness than the original therfore making the image look clearer, but this will have the effect of accentuating noise in the image.
As I say it's all down to the viewers perception and what they percieve as a better picture. What one person thinks is better may not be what the next person thinks.

ASHY

Question - setting to stop 4Gig AVI with screwed timing and audio? No.27637
SLam  2002-09-06 01:12:45 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a bunch of AVI's that are just under 4 Gigs in size (about 25 minutes in length). Verified to be correct.

When I load them up into TMPGEnc and try to encode them. For some reason they are interpreted as almost an hours long. It thinks video is in the first 25 minutes, and most of the audio is in the last 25 minutes.

More accurately the result is the audio is in the first few minutes of the file, then stops, video is fine. After the 25 minutes of video are over, then there's a long break, then at the end of the 1 hour, the audio is there, with no video.

When I go to select the "source range" of frames, I can only select (as I would expect) the 25 minutes of video.

The AVI's play fine other wise, so it seems like I have some sort of VFAPI plug-in priorities set incorrectly?

HELP!!!!!
SLam

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:33:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Frameserve these files from Virtualdub to TMPG. If you still have problems you can use AVIsynth for this task. AVIsynth will allow you to use any size file.

ASHY

SLam  2002-09-16 14:18:51 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ASHY for the info.

Any FAQ's on line on how to set up the VDub frame server to work with TMPGEnc?

Sorry for the stupid question.

Thanks,
SLam

Question - Jitter and Speed Up Problems with VBR No.27635
Los11  2002-09-06 00:00:39 ( ID:u0lwequo8cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Would there be a way for tmpgenc to automatically incorporate FitCDs VBR settings for max and min settings although it may be over 2530. Also when using the vbr, what is the recommended min to prevent any type of jittering effects or constant speed ups during play back and the appearance of little green macroblocks.

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:41:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This difficult to answer because it all depends on your machine.
Many tests have determined that 1800kb/s is the bare minimum you can get away with if you wish to prevent Macroblocks in regular scenes.
As for jittering and speed ups this has more to do with your Max bitrate. If you set it to high your machine will fail to decode the data correctly thus causing these effects.
This is caused by your player not being able to spin the disk fast enough to supply the high bitrate data which means your player cannot read the data from the cd correctly and feed it to the decoder which will cause data loss hence skipping, jittering, de-sync, speed ups e.t.c.

ASHY

Request - Will TMPGenc be able to do more than just a 2 pass VBR in the near future. No.27633
Los11  2002-09-05 23:54:48 ( ID:u0lwequo8cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be very nice is tmpgenc could do more than just 2 passes for vbr.

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:41:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG server....soon.

ASHY

Bug report - i'm so happy No.27630
The lost man  2002-09-05 10:39:44 ( ID:1yp.uqhipik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i;m so happy i did not buy TMPGEnc. $50 dollars is a lot for a programe that does not work right

NewtronX  2002-09-05 15:08:29 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are seriously mistaken. TMPGenc is well worth every penny and it works superbly. I use it to Make DVD's into MPG1,MPG2,DIVX,AVI,VCD and SVCD's Most people that have problems here are those who either don¡Çt know how to use the program, do not have codecs installed or have computer issues. Dear "The lost man" please don¡Çt give up on one of the best Encoders ever or will truly have "lost out" TMPGenc is by far one of the cheapest and high quality Encoders out there. The only one I would even say might be better would cost thousands of dollars. So $48 is an awesome deal. If you have problems which it appears you do then ask questions that¡Çs why this BBS is here and read past answered posts you will see the truth and also that their are a few experts in dealing with problems here named Minion and Ashy.~NewtronX

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:52:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I can say is 'a bad workman always blames his tools'
TMPG is renowned in most if not all Video encoding,editing,production forums as being the single best encoder there is and unbeatable for the price.
It seems you have obviously had some bad experiences with TMPG. This is probably due to your lack of knowledge in using the program.

Encoding with a program such as TMPG takes time to reach perfection. If you don't have the willingness and patience to learn to use it then you are bound to get less than desirable results.
TMPG is not meant as an automatic solution for producing perfect MPEGs without some effort on the part of the user and this is your problem.
Learn to use the program, if you are having problems use this forum for answers. I assure you, once you get the some basic knowledge in using the program and understand how to create good quality MPEGs then you will be more than satisfied with the cost you paid for such a great unmatched piece of software which most of us would be lost without.

ASHY

Question - AVI correct, MPG stutter No.27627
Wil  2002-09-05 10:24:23 ( ID:pn/gdq3thyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I captured (DC10+, Windows XP) an old VHS tape with a datarate 4500Kbits/Sec. I handled the AVI within Studio 7 and rendered the file to a new AVI file with the same datarate (MJPEG). Since this is one to one (MJPEG) it is done rather quick.

This AVI looks fine when I watched it using a mediaplayer.

When I make use of TMPGenc (CQ 85, Max 2520, min 1800) and render the AVI to MPG then the MPG stutters at some movements.

I made hundreds of MPG using the above way and never had any problems. The only thing what is changed is that i capture the VHS tape now at 4500Kbits/sec under XP instead of 3500 Kbits/Sec under W98se. TMPGenc encoded the AVI´s always fine. ´Till now.

Can this be the reason?

What datarate can you advise when you capture an AVI file. As high as possible?

Thanks in advance, Wil

Minion  2002-09-05 21:29:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like It Could be a Field order problem..If you are useing the Plus Version and you load your files into the Wizard it analizes the file for the correct Field order and adjusts it accordingly, but if you just load the file in normally then the field order is not adjusted...And make sure that you are encodeing to the same frame rate that you are captureing to.but becides these things that is all I can think of that could be causeing the stuttering problem...

Wil  2002-09-06 07:40:20 ( ID:pn/gdq3thyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion,

When rendering to AVI using Studio 7 it happended abusely with framerate 24.99 I tried again rendering with framerate 25 and the problem is solved.

Thanks again, Wil

Question - HP@HL Mpeg-II Platback No.27623
honsing  2002-09-05 10:16:50 ( ID:fhttknideaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Convert a MP@ML Mpeg2 file to HP@HL(4:2:2,CBR 7.5M) Mpeg2 by Tmpgenc 2.57plus.
WMP, PowerDVD,WinDVD can't open/playback the file.
what kind software can play it, thx!

ffast  2002-09-05 11:06:04 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ligos LSX player may be able to playback (but will probably not be so good.)

You may have to look for decoder for professional use which may be expensive.

ABS  2002-09-05 12:37:47 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ligos only raely plays HP@HL... Tried doing such MPEG and somoetime it played them and sometimes didn't...

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:56:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just as a silly question. Why did you convert MP@ML Mpeg2 file to HP@HL(4:2:2,CBR 7.5M). What was the point?
I doubt you acheived a quality increase as the original was already MP@ML.
To get any sort of benefit from such an encoding you would have to start with very high quality raw footage.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.