TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 422 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question 0.3 seconds of agony atomic 6 2002-09-11 13:59:59
Question SOUND The lost man 3 2002-09-05 21:25:16
Question P3Package.dll edo239 1 2002-09-05 04:57:07
Question Trying to save as AVI, but codecs don't show easy 1 2002-09-05 09:13:58
Question Audio file loading edo239 1 2002-09-06 15:25:07
Question No Audio with LPCM Audio wav file darksword 2 2002-09-06 15:28:10
Question Format for widescreen (16x9). bmwisme 3 2002-09-10 15:27:57
Question VP axel06 1 2002-09-04 22:40:09
Question importing d2v projects d2v freak 3 2002-09-05 17:34:04
Question Can't delete bogus movie clips from my hard drive Paul M 5 2002-09-05 21:12:57
Question How to tell bitrate limit for player Olli 1 2002-09-04 22:33:19
Question Encoding files larger than 2GB Mark Edwards 3 2002-09-05 11:11:44

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 422 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - 0.3 seconds of agony No.27616
atomic  2002-09-05 08:40:12 ( ID:vgk/e30h.b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there !

ok so I have to admit I'm a bit of a newbie at this, but I've tried everything so far before i resort to hassling u all about it.
I'm having major trouble getting my audio synced up.
Ripped blade using smart ripper, flasked into avi so i have a divx, and for the last 4 days i've been trying to make svcds using tmpgenc.
I've ripped out the audio using virtual dub, encoded the movie and sound together, and to be honest the whole mpeg file plays back fine through media player, but as soon as i transfer to cds using nero or vcdeasy i get the same problem.... the audio is 0.3 seconds begind the movie (not the case for the mpeg).....
anyone know a quick fix for this rather than encode everything again and deliberately offset the audio????
i've had a look at using the mpeg tools for demultiplexing the audio from the video, but once i've done this i can't use these files in virtual dub as it doesn't like them..

heeellllppp please... i'll be yer best mate !!!

Minion  2002-09-05 09:24:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know who told you that was how you make a SVCD out of a DVD Rip but that isn"t how you do it, unless you need the DivX file for another purpose, cuZ encodeing it to DivX will make you loose a lot of Quality instead of encodeing right from the DVD"s Vob files...The Best way is to use DVD2AVI to make a D2V project file and a Wav file and then encode that to SVCD...but since you probably don"t have the VOB files anymore explaining it won"t help...Is the audio the same amount out of sybc the whole way through the file??If it is then you can use the "Multiplexor" in Mpeg2vcr to mux the audio and video together cuz it has a feature that will let you off set the audio to sync up with the video.You Cant load SVCD files into Virtual Dub anyways cuz it doesn"t support Mpeg2 files and why would wou want to anyways??...In the future if you want to make a Proper SVCD from a DVD do it the proper way and you will have lots less problems...

atomic  2002-09-05 09:32:13 ( ID:vgk/e30h.b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey thanks for getting back to me..
yeah I know that the method i've been through to get to svcd is weird but i did want the divx file u see, and to be honest most of the svcds i will be making will be from a divx source so i need to sort out the method i've been using.
the mpegtovcr tool sounds just the job so thanks a bunch i'll go get it now. yeah the audio is offset 0.3 secs all the way through the movie... only by the time it gets to my dvd player though as cds though, not through a pc player... weird!!

thanks for your words minion, and as promised i'm yer best mate =)

ASHY  2002-09-06 15:16:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hang on a minute here, if you go offsetting nthe audio deliberately so your DVD will play it in sync even though the original MPEG is in sync then I'm afraid you may find that when you play the movie in another player, you will experience audio desync again.

Does the movie you have created have audio desync even when you play the burned disk on your PC?
If the answer is yes then you may get away with the adding the audio skew. If not then addindg skew is not the answer.

If the original is in perfect sync then so should be the burned movie on both your PC and your DVD player.
Some DVD players are incompatible with certain burning softwares and earlier versions of Nero are known to cause this problem.
If you are using a new version of Nero then I would suggest using another piece of burning software.
Try doing a search on google.com for Instant cd-dvd which has been known to correct the problem.
Another important tip is to never burn above 4x as in most cases you will experience problems.

One other question I will leave you with. Have you used the MPEGtools to split your movie? If you have ensure you chose 'MPEG2 Super VCD(VBR)' as the stream type or you WILL experience problems when burning.

ASHY

atomic  2002-09-09 13:19:16 ( ID:vgk/e30h.b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for your suggestions.. you could indeed be right, however I have used nero for burning the mpegs with its own system, and now used vcdEasy which burned the image it created, so I find it a little weird that there should still be an audio problem even after just burning a direct image that vcdeasy has created !!

I'll try the playing the movie back on my pc.. t0p idea :)

however I'm now 3 steps back of where i started.. Every single mpeg that tmpenc creates for me comes back as succeeded from the log, however when trying to open the file in any player, or even with mpeg tools I get informed that the mpeg is in an unknown format, and tmpgenc reports a stream reading error.
the file sizes seem correct, just can't do anything with them.
mpegcorrector and mpegtovcr are both unable to correct the files headers either..

sheeesh.. 3 weeks after i started to do all this I still haven't got a single svcd to show for my efforts !!!

Any ideas??
I'm using tmpgenc with
tooLame
Lame
also directshow priority on 2

any ideas... hope so !

cheers

ASHY  2002-09-09 21:15:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm assuming we are still referring to SVCD. Your problem of being unable to play the file back could probably be to the fact that you do not have an MPEG2 capable player installed. Media player will NOT play back MPEG2 files if you do not have a compatible MPEG2 codec installed and generally won't play back burned SVCD's at all.
Download WinDVD and try playing your MPEG2 files and SVCD's with that.

ASHY

atomic  2002-09-11 13:59:59 ( ID:vgk/e30h.b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ahhh the joy !!

got media player 9 off my system, reinstalled the nimo codec pack alongside windvd... and what do ya know !!

tmpg has produced a series of rather fine svcds that play fine from file, from cd, and from my dvd player....

a few problems along the way is always the best i suppose... I know and understand a hell of a lot more about this than when i first started !!

thx for your advice and help.. very much appreciated =)

Question - SOUND No.27612
The lost man  2002-09-05 08:03:20 ( ID:1yp.uqhipik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

some movies i contvert do not have sound why?
how do i fix this?

Minion  2002-09-05 09:15:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio doesn"t convert because the audio is not supported in Tmpgenc..You have to extract the audio to a Wav file with Virtual Dub and use that as your audio file....

The lost man  2002-09-05 09:52:35 ( ID:1yp.uqhipik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

did that the sound does not match back up right

Minion  2002-09-05 21:25:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Then you must not have made the avi file your self??Cuz who ever made it off set the audio at the begining of the file in an attempt to Sync it up..So The problem isn"t with Tmpgenc it is with the avi file, you probably downloaded it off Kazaa or something??Most Kazaa files aren"t very reliable and don"t encode very Well because of these audio problems or Frame rate problems or a dozzen other problems..I have been useing Tmpgenc for a Long time now and it allways works perfectly for me and allways has because I make all the avi files that I encode or I encode DVD"s that I Rip myself...

Question - P3Package.dll No.27610
edo239  2002-09-05 04:53:44 ( ID:q6yhpdlkvo. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc can`t load "P3Package.dll"
What should I do?

ffast  2002-09-05 04:57:07 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

At the top of this BBS, type "P3Package.dll", and press "search".

Question - Trying to save as AVI, but codecs don't show No.27608
easy  2002-09-05 04:53:34 ( ID:th4vkrazomj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to save a file as AVI, and under "video>setting>compression I only have Cinepack and H.263, although I installed divx 5.0.2 and bunch of other codecs.
Funny thing, my VirtualDub can encode using,say, Divx engine, but TMPGEnc can't!
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Minion  2002-09-05 09:13:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe try to re-install Tmpgenc cuz for some reason it doesn"t want to read the codecs on your machine...if all else fails use V-Dub.....

Question - Audio file loading No.27606
edo239  2002-09-05 04:06:17 ( ID:q6yhpdlkvo. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used dvd2svcd to rip the movie and encode it.The ripping part was oke, then TMPGEnc couldn`t download the file.
I tried to open TMPGEnc download the files manualy ,the video file downloaded, but the audio didn`t, even tough it was the right file the message said:

File"C:program files......................AviSynth_Script_file.avs" can not open, or unsupported

What do I do wrong?

ASHY  2002-09-06 15:25:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean TMPG wouldn't download the file?
I'm assuming you mean TMPG wouldn't open the file.

Have you actually installed AVisynth before trying to use TMPG to open the script.

You may have an error in your script. A quick check to see whether the script is ok or not is to simply open it with media player. The file should play if it's ok. If it doesn't then there is something wrong with the script or you don't have AVIsynth installed correctly.
If it does play in mediaplayer then you may need to disable the Directshow filter in TMPG under the VFAPI plugins to allow TMPG to read the file.

ASHY

Question - No Audio with LPCM Audio wav file No.27603
darksword  2002-09-05 03:07:56 ( ID:vtiibvf2v72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why is there no audio in an MPG encoded with TMPG if the original source DVD is LPCM. I have tried 4 DVD's with the same results. The wav file created by DVD2AVI plays fine with any audio player. But after I encode the the DVD2AVI project with the created wave file, the resulting MPG is silent.

Minion  2002-09-05 09:11:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you try raiseing the priority if the "Wav file Reader" in the "VFapi Plugins"??

ASHY  2002-09-06 15:28:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does the wav file load ok into TMPG and can you see the waveform in the source range filter.

ASHY

Question - Format for widescreen (16x9). No.27599
bmwisme  2002-09-05 02:48:01 ( ID:uic2lls3gsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is is possible to encode for widescreen WITHOUT stretching the video. I have a lot of home digital video I would like to burn to DVD but formated correctly for my Mits. HD widescreen.

If not with TMPGEnc, with what?

Thanks in advance.

Novice at work....

Bill

Minion  2002-09-05 09:08:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you load the "Unlock.mcf" Template you will be able to change the settings locked in by the templates, then you can change the output aspect ratio to 16:9, and if this doesn"t fix it then use the settings in the "Clip Frame" feature to arrange the movie in the screen to the way you want....

bmwisme  2002-09-07 15:07:26 ( ID:uic2lls3gsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have unlocked the template and changed the output to 16x9 and that WILL format the video but STRETCHED.

I have also played with the clipping function but as yet have had no luck.

If I knew that is was possible to output for widescreen without streching the video I would continue experimenting, but I don't know if it is possible with TMPGEnc.

I know I can get this functionality with software in the $600 and up range but that is out of my league.

Bill

B_Racer  2002-09-10 15:27:57 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you exaktly want?
Widescreen anamorph or widescreen letterboxed?
And what exactly is the Source?

TMPGEnc can do both versions of widescreen video, but the settings are completly different.

((hehe, has anybody ever tried to produce an anamorph VCD from an 2.35:1-Movie? Looks incredible good, but unfortunatly it's no standard))

Question - VP No.27597
axel06  2002-09-04 15:59:36 ( ID:ukzpjwy5cd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Encoding avi file to mpg, I have great picture, but absolutely no sound! How to fix this or what's causing it. Sound is fine when playing as avi!

Minion  2002-09-04 22:40:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is one of the most common Questions asked in this forum, The audio in your AVI file is not supported by Tmpgenc so you have to extract the audio to a WAV file with "Virtual Dub" and use that as the audio source...

Question - importing d2v projects No.27593
d2v freak  2002-09-04 15:37:38 ( ID:u3wzp4veaal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

is there still a possibility to import d2v-projects in tmpgenc? (version 2.57)

ASHY  2002-09-04 22:03:45 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No problem whatsoever.

ASHY

d2v freak  2002-09-05 17:19:08 ( ID:u3wzp4veaal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the "open project" dialog you can only choose from *.tpr files. i cannot load d2v-project files. (Version 2.57)

are they of the same structure and have i to rename them?

d2v freak  2002-09-05 17:34:04 ( ID:u3wzp4veaal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok. my fault. there was no DVD2AVI.vfp installed on my system. sorry.

Question - Can't delete bogus movie clips from my hard drive No.27587
Paul M  2002-09-04 13:16:23 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi... I know thisd is "off topic" but I downloaded 2 files from KaZaa that were supposed to be movie clips from 2 old Pam Grier films. They turned out to be some sort of data files. I cannot do anything - it seems - to remove them from my hard drive. DELETE does not work. SEND TO does not work. RENAME does not work. Nothing seems to touch the damn things!
Any suggestions?

ASHY  2002-09-04 22:06:27 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Looks like you've neen hit with one of the many virusus on Kazaa. Use your Virus checker erredicate these file and make sure it's updated.

ASHY

Minion  2002-09-04 22:38:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, I have gotten those Before on Kazaa and they can be a big problem,I would sugest not downloading anything off Kazaa unless a lot of other poeple have the same program, and allways look at the file size of what you are downloading cuz usually a problem file will have a name of a movie or program but the file size is much too small to be the file it says it is...The only way I was able to get rid of some problem Kazaa file was to delete my whole Kazaa folder then make a new one......

Cyclops  2002-09-05 07:00:28 ( ID:tdocvltn2eo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tried in DOS mode? Assuming you're not using 2K or XP with NTFS hard drive format. Booted off say a Win 98 Boot floppy?

I've not had this problem myself. I presume you've closed KaZaA and your web connection before trying to delete?

In addition to this have you changed KaZaA version whilst still having incomplete downloads? I changed from Grokster to KaZaA once and each file I had part downloaded on Grokster had to be renamed with the appropriate extension upon completion under KaZaA.

Good luck!

jtoops  2002-09-05 15:40:19 ( ID:/3jmzjik1og )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Most likely it is not a virus. When you tried to delete it, did it say something like file is in use.

If so, you might try this. Use Windows Explorer. Change to that directory where the file is located. Under the menu View, change to details. Give
it a second or so to allow XP to make some changes. Then try to delete it.

Kazzaa has some files that have movie extensions and Windows tries to create thumbnails and etc and gets stuck trying.

Good luck,

John

Paul M  2002-09-05 21:12:57 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks guys, for all your suggestions. Since my Kazaa "shared file" was only 2 gigabytes in size I simply created a "fix kazaa" folder and moved everything but those 2 invaders to it. I then deleted the entire folder.
I will try to be more observant next time!!!

Question - How to tell bitrate limit for player No.27585
Olli  2002-09-04 12:50:49 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone suggest a good way of telling up to what bitrate a player will go ?

In the past I did the following

- Selected a scene with a lot of action it - the first 2 mins of Mummy2
- Saved the scene as a seperate avi using an avi cutting tool
- Encoded the scene in TMPGenc at various different CBR settings 2000, 2100 , 2200 etc with everything always the same except for the bitrate
- Joined all the output files together into one MPEG
- Burnt the mpeg with VCDeasy creating a chapter at each section where a new bitrate setting comes into effect
- Played each chapter on the DVD player and looked/listened for video/audio stutter

Is this a good way of doing this or is there a better way ?

Olli

P.S I have lost the manual for the player (Sony DAVS300) so I cant look it up, plus I dont think it specifically mentioned bitrate limits.

P.P.S Yes I have looked on vcdhelp.com and some people say they can go up to 3000 but I have found the limit to be 2300

P.P.P.S It does not support SVCD

Minion  2002-09-04 22:33:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Ollie,The method you are useing seems like it should work..I have noticed with my DVD Player that it can handle much higher bitrates if I am useing a VBR Encodeing method like CQ, cuz it seems to only get to really high bitrates for a few seconds and it seems that the Player can handle the bitrate better if it is gradual or only for short periods of time..I know if I set the Minimum bitrate to say 1000kbs and the max to 8000kbs my player can handle it with no problem but if I use say 5000kbs CBR then my player has some problems playing it....

Question - Encoding files larger than 2GB No.27581
Mark Edwards  2002-09-04 00:37:55 ( ID:gybtblqdqzj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been unable to encode any files larger than 2GB. .AVI doesn't seem to support >2GB at all, and TMPGEnc cannot deal with a Quicktime file that is larger than 2GB.

Is there any way to do it?

Minion  2002-09-04 02:12:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe you need to format your hard drive to a Fat32 or NTSF system, I think only Fat16 has the 2gb limit...

Cyclops  2002-09-05 07:07:27 ( ID:tdocvltn2eo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The above is indeed the answer:

FAT-16 = 2GB file size limit

FAT-32 = 4GB file size limit (I think)

NTFS = for all intense and purposes no single file size limit

It should be noted that some programs, despite one working on an NTFS partition, will still not work with file sizes that extend beyond the 2 or 4GB file size limits. A good example of this is Winzip 8.1, Winzip will not open ZIP files larger than 4GB, yet one can create ZIP files of this size with the upto date DOS version of Winzip, called PKZIP...(PKZIPC.EXE being the file name).

ffast  2002-09-05 11:11:44 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In addition to Cyclops's statment, I would like to add one thing.

AVI 2.0 : one file size is not limited.
AVI 1.0 : one file size is limited to 2GB.

This is just FYI.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.