TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 424 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Fle unsupported or can not open lax player 4 2002-09-03 05:07:45
Question divide and code rickki804 6 2002-09-03 10:01:36
Question AVI not supported? Benighted 2 2002-09-09 18:20:22
Question File too big for cd Joshua 4 2002-09-04 04:25:09
Question Can Not Seek After Encoding Randall Miller 0 2002-09-02 17:01:28
Question CQ-VBR Quality Setting Randall Miller 3 2002-09-03 10:10:12
Question MOV TO MPG Chris 1 2002-09-02 22:01:04
Question Encode Twice homer simpson 4 2002-09-06 16:11:14
Question encoded file much bigger than specified in Wizard Henry 1 2002-09-02 05:02:29
Question Can I put subtitles to an mpeg with TMPGenc? Aqua-aciD 2 2002-09-02 13:19:16
Question Question bbboy98 2 2002-09-02 10:12:51
Bug report MPEG Audio Stream Error Shofb 3 2002-09-02 22:25:39

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 424 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Fle unsupported or can not open No.27528
lax player  2002-09-03 01:37:51 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I d/l a movie in the avi and started to encode to mpeg to make a vcd. I'm using tmpgnc version 2.57. Okay so I loaded it all up and it stated working but i was noticeing it keep having a purple tint so i looked up at the forums and foun out it was cuz i had that one codec thing that makes it purple so i deleted all that and uninstalled it all then tried to encode it again but know it says file can't open or unsupported. But the file just worked b4 so why won't it work now?

Minion  2002-09-03 02:16:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That codec you deleted was a Mpeg-4 codec called "Angel Potion" and maybe this was the only mpeg-4 Codec you had and the AVI file you have is probably mpeg-4, so you probably need to download a Mpeg 4 codec,You can probably use Microsoft Mpeg-4 codecs, or an old Divx codec..But if this doesn"t solve your problem then you probably just need to raise the Priority of the "Direct Show file reader" ,you do this by going to "Options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2" this should get it loaded, you should try this first then if that don"t work then you need the Mpeg-4 codec...

lax player  2002-09-03 21:28:21 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I d/l a movie in the avi and started to encode to mpeg to make a vcd. I'm using tmpgnc version 2.57. Okay so I loaded it all up and it stated working but i was noticeing it keep having a purple tint so i looked up at the forums and foun out it was cuz i had that one codec thing that makes it purple so i deleted all that and uninstalled it all then tried to encode it again but know it says file can't open or unsupported. But the file just worked b4 so why won't it work now?

---Can you suggest any good mpeg4 codec that wont turn tmpenc purle?

Minion  2002-09-03 22:13:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did, Microsoft Mpeg-4, or the old Divx 3x or divx4x.only the Angel potion will cause discoloration......

rickki804  2002-09-03 05:07:45 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did like you said and I do have a viewable picture that my DVD player reads. But......it is very glitchy. Clear, but glitchy

Question - divide and code No.27521
rickki804  2002-09-02 22:43:31 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to divide and encode a file that says under audio stream "unknown ( (tag 2000)
I have to divide the file without extracting the audio, otherwise I get a ACM error. I was able to convert it with TMPGEnc, and burn it with VCDeasy. However, when I put it in my DVD player, it says NO DISC. All of my other regular file can be read by my DVD player. Any suggestions on what to do?

Minion  2002-09-03 00:39:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After you converted it, was there audio and video in the mpeg file before you burned it to Cd-R???

rickki804  2002-09-03 02:11:52 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yep. I am watching the file on media player right now. When the movie file started, the slider moved quickly to the end and I thought the movie would end, but even though the slider is at the end, the movie continued to play. I don't know if this means anything or not, but thought I would tell you.

Minion  2002-09-03 02:20:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like there is a header problem in the file, it could have happened in Tmpgenc or in VCDEasy cuz VCDEasy rewrites the header if you put in Chapters..You can try running the Mpeg file through the Merge & cut" to put a New header on the file and see if the file plays normally after that and if not you might need to re-encode the avi file....

rickki804  2002-09-03 02:26:01 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes there is sound and video on the converted mpeg file.

rickki804  2002-09-03 05:11:12 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did the merge and cut per your instructions and reburned. My DVD player does read and play the movie, but it is very glittchy, very clear, but glittchy. I didn't get far enough into the file to see if the audio is in sync. Do you have any suggestion about the next step??

Minion  2002-09-03 10:01:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there isn"t much you can do....You either cun re-encode the avi file and see if it turns out better next time or you can move on to something else...

Question - AVI not supported? No.27518
Benighted  2002-09-02 22:02:11 ( ID:v7vb8cgemy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded some AVI files. TMPGEnc opens some for conversion and others it tells me they are not supported. They are all avi files and are rips of movies. What is the difference and how can I convert them to a usable format.

Thanks

Minion  2002-09-02 22:23:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Just Need To raise TRhe Priority of The "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" you do this by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2".....

Muah_dib  2002-09-09 18:20:22 ( ID:/v5yds.m9jk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You Just Need To raise TRhe Priority of The "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" you do this by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2".....

I have done this and it works most of the time but not always.
For example I have a 519Mb avi file which has the following properties
audio - MPEG Layer-3,127 kBit/s, 44,100 Hz, Stereo (no problems)
video - 352 x 288, 181656 Frames, 25.000 Frames/Sec, 73 KB/Sec, Unknown Format "... can not open, or unsupported."

Any suggestions

regards
Muah_dib

Question - File too big for cd No.27513
Joshua  2002-09-02 20:54:24 ( ID:wbzi9s8mfzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert some movies that I downloaded (avi's I think) into mpegs so I can burn them as vcds. When I got to convert the movie, it says that it will be too big to put on a single disk. Is there a way to make it split up the file so I can put it on two disks or more? Do I need to split up the file before conversion, or can I convert it and then split up the file? When I split up the file, where will i know to split it at, so I get the best quality and most out of the movie. Thanks!!

Minion  2002-09-02 22:20:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After you are done encodeing the long movie you can use the "Mpeg Tools" to split it into parts, they are located under "File"...Or you can use the "Source Range" in the "Advanced Settings" to encode the movie in parts...But if you decide to split the movie after encodeing you might need to use a Dufferent Mpeg editor Cuz the "Mpeg Tools" seem to have A few bugs in them that seem to turn up more often than Not...

Joshua  2002-09-04 00:17:15 ( ID:wbzi9s8mfzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the help! any suggestions on a different mpeg editor?

Minion  2002-09-04 02:20:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are a few mpeg editors that are good but not many of them are free..i don"t use any mpeg editors cuz I haven"t been able to get any of them to work properly,so i just split them with the source range or cut them before hand...

Minion  2002-09-04 04:25:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

M2-Edit Pro or Mpeg2VCR are fairly good Mpeg editors....

Question - Can Not Seek After Encoding No.27512
Randall Miller  2002-09-02 17:01:28 ( ID:daas392zyur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Version 2.57.41.146
Core 1.90.138

Encoded DIVXMPG4 V3 AVI to Mpeg1. Result plays fine, as long as it is played from the very beginning. When fast forwarded/reversed, the audio is lost. Sometimes the video also freezes.

Question - CQ-VBR Quality Setting No.27508
Randall Miller  2002-09-02 16:51:50 ( ID:daas392zyur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Version 2.57.41.146
Core 1.90.138

How does the CQ-VBR Quality Setting relate to the encoding process?

What is actually being changed?

Is there a method to determine the maximum bit rate, beyond which the video quality will not increase??? (assuming you know the max/min/avg data rate and frame rate of the source)?

Minion  2002-09-02 22:13:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you trying to find out a Way to figure out what the file size is going to be???If you are it is pretty hard to figure out....All the Quality slider seems to do is allocate more bits to the encodeing proscess so the higher the slider goes the More bits get allocated and the bigger the file size and the better the quality....

Randall Miller  2002-09-03 02:28:22 ( ID:eptogrq9ejh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am looking to optimize the quality of the encoded video, without wasting disk space. In the VBR-CQ mode we have already specified the minimum and maximum data rates. If the required video rate falls with the min/max, what does the Quality slider adjust? Pixels/frame? Spaitial frequency limit? Motion threshold?

I am happy to use multiple disks, I just don't want them filled with zeroes.

Minion  2002-09-03 10:10:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Quality slider affects "Quality", with in turn affects File size...It seems that if you move the slider higher the average bitrate gets higher...

Question - MOV TO MPG No.27506
Chris  2002-09-02 16:46:55 ( ID:1pgbvelk.hm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

i have downloaded the TMPEG Enc. 2.57 but i can't convert any .mov-File of the Quick Time Player to MPG. I already downloaded the "QTReader.vfp" but when i converted the file to MPG the quality of the file is very bad.
what can i do?

Minion  2002-09-02 22:01:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t think there is much you Can do ,if the QT Reader isn"t produceing good Quality that is the only remedy that Tmpgenc has for encodeing Mov files...You can encode it to AVI then to Mpeg, or you can use CinemaCraft, it supports Mov files, but the mpeg1 quality isn"t as good as tmpgenc but the Mpeg2 quality is better.....

Question - Encode Twice No.27501
homer simpson  2002-09-02 15:52:06 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just had an idea yesterday and i was wondering if it would work or not. Lets say i was making a video that would play at 1500kbps. I know the source file plays at 524kbps so the quality would be better at 1500kbps. I also know the source file affects the quality of the output file. To make the quality best maybe i could encode the video at 5000kbps to get out some of the blockiness. Then i could reencode it down to 1500kbps with the source file at 5000kbps. Since the source file would be the nice 5000kbps video instead of thge 524 one the the 1500kbps video would be nicer when made from the 5000kbps video in comparison to the 1500kbps made from the 524kbps video. Would this work or not? I want to make the same size file video with better quality by using this process. hope you understand what i am getting at cause its kind of hard to understand.

thanks for help

Minion  2002-09-02 21:55:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I understand what you are saying but it doesn"t work that way, no matter what bitrate you encode the movie at the mpeg will not have the same quality as the source file,so if you encode it once at a really high bitrate the mpeg will have less quality than the source file then if you encode that at a lower bitrate it will loose even more quality..If you just encode it right the first time you will get the best results...

homer simpson  2002-09-03 00:08:25 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying encoding actually messes up quality??????????

Minion  2002-09-03 00:36:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes It does, A encoded movie will allways have less Quality than the source, sometimes it Might not be noticeable to the Naked eye when useing enough bitrate..

ASHY  2002-09-06 16:11:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You cannot make Gold from iron. Simple as that and that is more or less what you are suggesting unless you are some kind of alchemist.

As minion says you can't simple improve the quality by increasing the bitrate of the original. All you will end up with is the same crap looking movie, but encoded at a higher bitrate and larger file size. You cannot remove blocks once encoded into the movie, you may be able to reduce the effect with filters, but that is is.
If it was possible to do what you say then we could all encode our movies to a very low bitrate and thus smaller file size for archive purposes and then just re-encode to a higher bitrate when we need the movie to improve the quality.

Lower bitrate means less quality because of less data retained in the original movie. This data cannot be replaced and thus the original can't be improved by simply increasing the bitrate.

ASHY

Question - encoded file much bigger than specified in Wizard No.27499
Henry  2002-09-02 03:47:12 ( ID:27f2rqfp3wk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

encoded a 95minute movie with CBR setting of 950kbps for videoa (from DVD2AVI project)and 244 kbps extracted Wav audio(used CLADVD to rip and frameserve)..TMPEGENC Wizard had preedicted 804MB disk...actual was 997MB!!! obviously won't fit on a VCD...
why is this off...

Minion  2002-09-02 05:02:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are makeing a NON_Standard VCD so you have to change the "System Setting" to "Video-CD Non-Standard"...Go to "Settings" to "System" and change it to "VCD Non-Standard"...Tmpgenc will add padding to the file to keep it VCD Compliant unless you change the stream setting......At 950kbs the quality must be really bad, You would probably better off and happier about the result if you put it on 2 cd=r"s and raise the bitrate to 2125kbs, at least it will look good..

Question - Can I put subtitles to an mpeg with TMPGenc? No.27496
Aqua-aciD  Home )  2002-09-02 03:47:04 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can I put subtitles to the avi and then decode it to a mpeg?

Minion  2002-09-02 04:57:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to put Subtitles into a AVI file then encode it to Mpeg ,you will need something like "Virtual Dub" with the "Subtitle Plugin" and Frame serve the AVI with the Subs to Tmpgenc....You can get Virtual Dub at "WWW.Virtualdub.Net"

starlight  2002-09-02 13:19:16 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if you want to produce a svcd there is another option beside encoding the subtitles into the picture.
svcd allows for up to 4 subtitles that can be chosen by the player.
if that is what you want, you need bmp's an a subtitle scipt and mux the subtitles into the programstream.
tmpg cannot do that, but with maestro sbt and winsubmux you can do it, extensive guide on subtitles for svcd you can find on www.vcdhelp.com or www.doom9.org

Question - Question No.27493
bbboy98  2002-09-02 03:26:13 ( ID:yp.sy/fflza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am getting a floating decimal error when I start to encode an mpg2 file. What causes this and how can I fix it? I am using Win XP. Thanks

Minion  2002-09-02 04:53:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That error is usually caused by Corrupted frames in your source file, or you can get that error if you do anything with your computer besides encodeing, even haveing the screen saver come on has been known to give you this error..If you keep getting the error there is one way to fix it but it will make the encodeing take a lot longer...Go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "CPU" and "UN-Check" the "SSE & SSE-2" Boxes, then go to "settings" to "Quantize Matrix" and "UN-Check" the Box next to "Use Floating Point DCT"..This will Turn off the "Floating Point" system but it also disables the SSE and SSE2 optimizeations which will slow down the encodeing....

Olli  2002-09-02 10:12:51 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...or if you want to fix the bad frame and encode with all the optimizations you can use avidefreezer ...go to the utils section which also has a a guide

http://screw.wz.cz/test/downloads.htm

Bug report - MPEG Audio Stream Error No.27489
Shofb  2002-09-02 02:55:33 ( ID:4cmgxicgqow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to encode a DVD Rip. I did it once but screwed up the aspect ratio. Other than that it works fine. I have tried to do it again ( fixing the aspect ratio ) but now I get "MPEG Audio Stream errors" at random points. I have tried 3 times and have gotten this error at three different places. What gives? I know the source is OK since I encoded it before. The original also plays fine in Windows Media Player. The source has not changed so wht gives.

Also, this program really needs some work on the error handling and reporting. I have gotten alot of errors where an error box pops up with 2 numbers, none of which mean anything to me. There should be a switch to turn off these useless error boxes and log the errors instead.

Minion  2002-09-02 05:07:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What format is the Audio in???Have you tried the external audio encoders for Tmpgenc ,like Toolame, or SCMPX????or you can just use a totally different audio encoder and mux the audio and video together...You can even use "DB Power Amp" to encode the audio to Mp2, there are 3 differant mp2 codecs for it and it is Free....

Shofb  2002-09-02 07:44:29 ( ID:4cmgxicgqow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats all fine but doesnt explain why the errors occur at different places and why did it encode without errors before? I just reied again and got the same error at yet a different place. There is a problem with this program.

Minion  2002-09-02 22:25:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can"t tell you why the error happens just how to get arround them..

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.