TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 431 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Damn error!!!!! liamk23 0 2002-08-28 02:31:50
Free talk Really Loud Ticks with Merge&Cut Robby Em 2 2002-08-30 06:37:49
Question Help using toolame with TMPGEnc Pistoly 3 2002-08-28 22:06:22
Question Virtual Dub Colley53 1 2002-08-28 01:55:05
Question Where can I find TMPEnc Plus 2.56? Barton 1 2002-08-27 17:30:12
Question changing lanuages of films chris 3 2002-08-27 23:03:56
Question glitches rickki804 8 2002-08-28 17:28:03
Question SVCD with Dolby digita 5.1 audio track Gabriel 3 2002-08-28 17:31:44
Question AVI to MPEG for DVD Kai 5 2002-08-27 17:34:39
Free talk DVD on CDs ---not a newbie question-- phdfreddied 1 2002-08-27 08:38:49
Question Grainy Picture in DVD Format John 1 2002-08-27 08:33:36
Question Unsuported ?? Gottiman 2 2002-09-04 05:46:26

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 431 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Damn error!!!!! No.27218
liamk23  2002-08-28 02:31:50 ( ID:ltbrkigt1of )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, When i try to convert a avi to a mpeg-1 file - i set all the settings i require and start the burn. Everything is fine up until about 22%. this means i can not encode the whole movie. It reports an error, although i do not have the error to hand as i have tried this several times and to get to 22% takes a while and i have not as yet noted down the error. So i am possibley thinking this could be an error in the actual DivX/AVI file. If so, is there anyways of checking if there is and fixing them. The movie plays fine as a AVI, in Winamp.
What could this be? (also errors occur when trying to normalize sound to)
Very greatful for any help...thx Liam

Free talk - Really Loud Ticks with Merge&Cut No.27215
Robby Em  2002-08-28 00:16:06 ( ID:fmsbksjrang )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everyone!

When I Merge 2 SVCD-files in Merge&Cut, the output-file gets REALLY Loud
Audio-Ticks just before the actual merge-start/point!
Why is it so? How do I merge 2 SVCD-files _without_ the darn audio-ticks?

(Using v2.57)

Thanx in advance!

Regards, Robby.

Minion  2002-08-28 01:45:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This happens when you merge 2 files that are part way through a GOP, the "Correct" Button is supposed to fix this but sometimes it doesn"t, what you can do is use the edit feature and merge them a few frames before the end of the first file and the beginning of the second file, if you use the slider it naturally stops on an I frame but if you the the frame by frame buttons then you probably wont be stopping on an I Frame, so try to use the slider to find the joining points not the frame by frame Buttons....

Starlight  2002-08-30 06:37:49 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Exactly the reason why you should use closed GOPs and always cut before an i frame, so the first frame of the second part is an i-frame.
If you encode the parts yourself, it's also wise to uase the audio setting to make the volume fade out in 20 ms at the end and have the 2nd part fade in at the start.
Another option is demuxing the video and audio files, merge all the video files, then merge al the audio files and then mux the video file and the audio file you just produced.
That will sometimes work.

Question - Help using toolame with TMPGEnc No.27211
Pistoly  2002-08-27 23:55:36 ( ID:tnwva14793j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to use toolame as an external encoder with TMPGEnc 2.53 in an effort to get better audio quality. Each time I get an error message saying "toolame.exe cannot be used as external encoder". Can someone please help me with this? All I want is better audio quality on my VCD's when I am converting .avi to .mpg......the audio when I use TMPGEnc sounds tinny.
Please help a newbie.
Thanx, Pistoly.

Minion  2002-08-28 01:37:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you are loading it in the "Mpeg layer 2" slot not the "Mpeg Layer 3", and if you still can"t get it to work you could try "SCMPX" it is a good audio encoder for tmpgenc and it is a sample rate converter also,you can find it on google........

Pistoly  2002-08-28 19:04:28 ( ID:tnwva14793j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx Minion,
I tried SCMPX and TMPGEnc said the same thing "SCMPX.exe can not be used as external encoder". I must have some settings wrong in TMPGEnc... Aside from going into Environmental Settings and selecting Layer-2 and browsing to the SCMPX.exe file, is there other settings that you have to set?
Thanx,
Pistoly

Minion  2002-08-28 22:06:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can just not encode the audio with Tmpgenc, Ashy says that "MpegDJ encoder" is a good mp2 audio encoder and very fast, you can use "DB Power Amp" with the MP2 codec and use that to encode the audio after extracting it to wav,there is a Toolame Mp2 codec for DB Power amp also, I do that sometimes and it works quite good, have you tried deleteing Tmpgenc and re-installing it and see if it corrects the problem??You could have gotten a buggy copy of Tmpgenc...

Question - Virtual Dub No.27209
Colley53  2002-08-27 23:16:01 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just downloaded ocean's eleven, and was using olli's guide to changing the framerate, (using virtual dub and avifrate), my problem is that i cannot use ful processing mode in virtual dub, meaing that i cannot use cool edit to stretch the audio, i get the error "The requested audio compression is not compatable with the input format, check the sampling rate and the channel count of the input match those of the requested format" i have never come acroos this before. so any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Minion  2002-08-28 01:55:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess you are doing a "Pal to NTSC" or NTSC to Pal" conversion, there a couple of things you can try, you can extract the audio to Wav with Tmpgenc, that is if Tmpgenc can read the audio, you do this by loading your file into Tmpgenc then go to "file" to "output to Wav" and that might work but if Virtual Dub is giveing you a problem then Tmpgenc might give you a problem but it is worth a try...Another thing could be that the audio could be of an incompatible format like AC3 and for that you would need an "AC3 decoder", and what you should do is analize the error than Virtual Dub is giveing you, from the error it seems that you are trying to extract the audio to a compressed format which you shouldn"t be doing,you should be extracting it to Wav, but if you are trying to extract it to wav then check the sample rate of the audio in your avi file and the Chanels and make sure than you are setting up the out put file to the same sample rate and chanel format.......

Question - Where can I find TMPEnc Plus 2.56? No.27207
Barton  2002-08-27 16:54:05 ( ID:zpzuyacxfuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I too have the "stream reading error" problem with 2.57, and the solution generally recommended is to use an older version. Where can I find a copy of Plus 2.56? I've tried a couple of Google searches unsuccessfully, and I thought it would be quickest to ask here.

Thanks in advance ... Barton

ASHY  2002-08-27 17:30:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't necessarily need 2.56 for this. I'm sure if you tried again you could find an earlier version.

ASHY

Question - changing lanuages of films No.27203
chris  2002-08-27 11:14:51 ( ID:oiwedssihhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could somebody tell me if there is a program for changing film soundtracks from one lanuage to another.and which are the best.

Minion  2002-08-27 23:14:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If there are any programs like that they would cost more money than anyone could afford for a hobby, just think about it, a program that will read one language and then translate it to another language and then have it sound like a person and not like Steven Hawking(computer vioce) That is a Very Very tall order, and I doubt it even exists, maybe in 20 years......

Starlight  2002-08-30 06:44:08 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have 2 soundtracks, you can use an authoring tool like i-author or philips svcd designer to put 2 audiotracks in a svcd and 4 subtitle tracks.
Srandard SVCD allows 2 audiotracks and 4 subtitle tracks.
It's just very complicated to make such svcd's
BTW the philips svcd designer, tools and verifier are free, you just have to register them and they only run without problems on NT4 (sp4 and above)I-Author runs on several platforms.

taeliac  2002-08-27 23:03:56 ( ID:jcw7lous6ff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ah I love you! It worked! I couldn't figure out how to do that for the life of me (never really tried to do anything with video/audio before!) You are a god!
Sam

Question - glitches No.27194
rickki804  2002-08-27 10:32:25 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok. Finally got the vcd in standard format. Recommended by Executioner. Picture is beautiful, audio is in sync. Player recoginizes the disk. But...It is glittchy as hell. It is not staying frozen, but it is freezing up and then playing then freezing up etc.

ntsc film 23.976
split with VirtualDub
Multiplexed audio
encoded w/TMPGENC
1150 kbits/mpeg1
352x240 pixels
audio 224kbits mpeg1 layer2
burned at 2x

I finally feel like I am on the verge of getting this thing right. Can you help??

Olli  2002-08-27 17:07:11 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you checked out the reports on your player at www.vcdhelp.com to see what media brands work best ?

ASHY  2002-08-27 17:29:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you use the MPEG tools at all in this process?

ASHY

rickki804  2002-08-27 22:13:06 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No I didn't do anything with MPEG tools. It on says MPEG-1 system automatic

rickki804  2002-08-27 22:17:58 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

also, I did check. I have been doing this for a while and have a decent library of converted vcds. I got away from it for a while and when I started converting again, everything was different. My dvd player has never been an issue, but then again neither was dividing, encoding and burning....before. Now I don't have a clue. Not as simple as it use to be. Ohhhh how I miss the good ole days of conversion.

Minion  2002-08-28 01:39:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like you might have the field order set incorrectly....

rickki804  2002-08-28 02:46:32 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my field order was set in B it should be A??

rickki804  2002-08-28 03:40:33 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Changing the field didn't help. Actually I think it got worse. I used to get in the movie further before getting the freezeups. Am open to any suggestions you might still have to offer me. I have no idea what to do or undo. My dvd player is a Sony DVP330. It is suppose to play vcd and xvcd. I am using memorex cd-rws. I get an error at the very end that says Cannot Load/unload medium. I thought that referred to the cd ejection. The AVI/AFS information says that I am looking at a 23.967 file prior to dividing. Does it change when you divide the avi in virtualdub? If not, as far as I know, everything is in place for a standard formatted vcd.

ASHY  2002-08-28 17:28:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I didn't ask you if you changed anything in the MPEGtools, I asked if you used them. If you use the MPEGtools to split your movie, but leave the stream type set at 'MPEG-1 system automatic' then you will have problems when burning this MPEG to disk and will also have problems with playback such as the ones you are experiencing.
Whenever you use the MPEGtools or for than matter use any MPEG that you wish to convert to VCD then you must make sure that you choose the correct setting to attach the VCD or SVCD headers to the file prior to burning.
This would be either 'MPEG1 Video CD', 'MPEG1 Video CD (non standard)' or 'MPEG2 SVCD (VBR)' depending on the type of movie you are creating.

ASHY

Question - SVCD with Dolby digita 5.1 audio track No.27190
Gabriel  2002-08-27 09:58:00 ( ID:iehyd3nszgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

i would like to know if it is possible to create with tmpge a SVCD with an audio track DD 5.1.
Thanks to all,
Bye

Gabry

ASHY  2002-08-27 17:09:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, Dolby Prologic yes.

ASHY

ABS  2002-08-27 20:19:09 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can do MPEG 5.1 audio, but it's hardly supported anyway.

ASHY  2002-08-28 17:31:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I'm aware MPEG 5.1 is Ac3 or Dolby digital 5.1 which is not supported in SVCD.

ASHY

Question - AVI to MPEG for DVD No.27184
Kai  2002-08-27 07:39:50 ( ID:hopuwio3fbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I am having some problems and ask you for your help there:

Situation:
I have a avi file (divx) that is around 700MB large. I want to get this to MPEG-2 to then prepare it with DVDWorkshop for DVD-R.

Now: I start the process with TMPGEnc with different settings like CQ etc. and expect a filesize of around 9GB (that is fine).

But: when I come to a point in the conversion process after 8 hours or so I get an error wnd the whole thing stops. What I recognize is that the filesize that is reeached until that point is 4096 MB. So I wonder if it has to do with the filesize and if I have to tell somebody somewhere to accept a larger size - but how?

Or: can I automaically splitt the file if it comes to a "too large" point?

If not: is there a very good tool to splitt the avi file before? (except AVIchop -> tried, but after splitting I do not hear anything anymore - maybe there is a solution for this one).

Thanks in advance

Minion  2002-08-27 08:46:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

4096MB is the "Fat32" File size limit, the only way for you to get a file bigger is for you to Format you hard drive to NTSF format, and only certain Operateing systems have this capability, like Win XP and Win NT,You can use the "source range" in the "Advanced settings" to encode the movie in two parts..Your Divx file must be really really long, you should be able to fit 2-3 hours of high quality DVD on a 4.7gb DVD-R..How high do you have the bitrate set?? If you used the CQ method you can get a much smaller file size without wasteing all the bits that the CBR method does, and not loose quality...

Kai  2002-08-27 09:19:33 ( ID:hopuwio3fbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your support.

Well, I use Win XP Pro and, I checked again, the partion is NTFS. So, don't know what to do.

The Bitrate is set to a max 3000.The CQ Quality is set to 65% is it too high?

And just now I try the source range - I selcted just up to 50000 frames and started and - funny - I get an error saying 47983088 47983088 - I did not search the board, but maybe you know it and have a word or two for me, pls.

Thanks

Kai  2002-08-27 11:20:52 ( ID:hopuwio3fbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Still not working.

Now I have splitt the file using source range option. After done the first part I just tried to play it - video is ok, but no audio, even if the file consists it.

What now?

Ren  2002-08-27 15:50:51 ( ID:.5ri7qx46c6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

maybe you can export your audio as a separate file.
so you will have 3 files - video part1 video part 2 and audio [all]

try that.

Kai  2002-08-27 17:34:39 ( ID:hopuwio3fbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Finally , I have done it :-)

Just to thank all you helped me with this. I did the following:

I took my DivX Avi file and opened it with VirtualDub - this sw recognized a wrong header or something.

With Virtual Dub I just saved the avi file as new avi file with the settings for Video -> direct stream copy and for Audio -> direct stream copy. Then I saved it.

After I opened with TMPGEnc and tried just the beginning of a stream ... well, now I have audio, too. Great!

And, I also had another problem in the beginning, that the filesize may only be 4 GB - I now recognized that before the estimated time was around 18-19 hours. And now, after all this work, it is just only 6-7 hours estimation. With this fact I guess and believe that I can now run it in one file through. I am right now testing it.

Have fun :-)

Free talk - DVD on CDs ---not a newbie question-- No.27182
phdfreddied  2002-08-27 06:11:04 ( ID:c4dkqcpzbww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it at all possible that one can burn a VCD to play on a player that doesnt support it. Bear with me, maybe its just the drugs talking, but seriously, the players alwys look for a vob file right? what if you removed the ac-3 audio, took out the subtitles, other languages etc, and just took the plain stereo and video .vob files, palced them in the correct architecture for a cd, but made sure the image was no larger than 700MB. Couldn't one acheive VCD playing for a non-supportive player?? granted it would still be substandard, but still......... a solution for those of use who bought cheap players and neglected to look for vcd compatibility. The only requirement is that the thing must be able to play cd-rs. Now will those who are more advanced in this topic please proceed to rip apart and urinate on my theory...

Minion  2002-08-27 08:38:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nope you are out of luck, Vcd is in Mpeg1 format so a VCD compatible DVD player has a special chip in is which allows it to read mpeg1 format, pluss the bitrate of a VCD is probably to low for the dvd player to read properly with out the chip..DVD player that play VCD/SVCD are totally cheap, some of the cheapest DVD players are the most compatible players..The one I have was $99 canadian and it plays everything that i throw at it and there are cheaper ones......

Question - Grainy Picture in DVD Format No.27180
John  2002-08-27 05:45:29 ( ID:jjh3vvs6tyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when I convert to mpeg2 / DVD the picture is very grainy and streaky. not very good quality.

Whats up with this?

Minion  2002-08-27 08:33:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like you are seeing "Interlace lines", try useing the deinterlace filter....

Question - Unsuported ?? No.27177
Gottiman  2002-08-27 03:46:05 ( ID:3w5vehkrmag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi i want to change a movie wich is .avi to vcd format i can play oit in my computer , but when i try to encode it tells me that the format is unsupported what can i do ??

Minion  2002-08-27 08:32:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to raise the "Direct Show File Reader"...Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"...

styls  2002-09-04 05:46:26 ( ID:lkpdzmtqwoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey,

i also have the same problem. i recently upgraded my OS from '98 to XP pro. when i had '98, i downloaded a lot of files from kazaa .avi form and converted those files to .mpg so i can burn them .vcd. didn't have any problems with the process at all. now that i'm using XP and download .avi files from kazaa, TMPGEnc says it can't open or it's unsupported. this just happens with the video, i can load the audio from the .avi file just fine.

i also tried to change the direct show in the Vfapi plugins to "2", but the error still comes up. is there anything else i should do?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.