TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 440 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question "Stream Writing Error" Superdeformed 2 2002-08-22 18:36:18
Question Audio out of sync Divx 4 2002-08-22 04:31:52
Bug report Out of sync when merge VBR mpeg2 JN 6 2002-08-26 06:31:30
Request Separate L & R audio suggestion Jim Meyer 1 2002-08-21 07:41:39
Question Wont let me VCD "Can not open avi or unsupported" icedcold21 2 2002-08-21 14:34:04
Question How can I reduce the bit rate at encoding? Michael Anderson 1 2002-08-21 21:56:18
Question When I convert an Avi to a vcd i only get sound and no picture bboy_shadow 4 2002-08-21 01:43:50
Question disappearing files... GorillaPalmz 2 2002-08-22 21:27:48
Question Can I start encoding from middle of avi? evilmantis 1 2002-08-21 01:57:15
Question Error "Invalid Pointer Operation" Joe 1 2002-08-27 19:48:02
Question DV avi problem Anders@dac.se 1 2002-08-21 01:55:15
Question widescreen ufoboi 1 2002-08-21 01:52:37

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 440 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - "Stream Writing Error" No.26870
Superdeformed  2002-08-21 17:06:15 ( ID:twr9zpzx/ig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I encode a movie, typically in 2 parts. I start getting the "Stream Writing Error" toward the end of the second file. I start over and it will come up again, but in the different spot.

oermens  2002-08-21 18:32:07 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get this only when i'm cutting or multiplexing a file , & only in version 2.57 in 2.56 it works well for me .

I would say try an older version too, i may help.

Paul M  2002-08-22 18:36:18 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

About a week ago I got the same error message. As I posted then, the problem was that my hard drive was full, but because of cross-linked files causing bad sectors on my hard drive I still thought I had 3.5 gigs free. I used SCAN DISK and Power Defrag to clean up the hard drive, deleted some junk and then I no longer got "stream writing error".

Question - Audio out of sync No.26865
Divx  2002-08-21 16:28:55 ( ID:vot6hxxbffo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello

I have tried to convert a Divx Movie I downloaded but the audio is out of sync. I have tried dumping the audio to a wav and using that.

What else should I try?

Olli  2002-08-21 16:34:05 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you doing any kind framerate conversion ? ie is your source NTSC and you are converting to PAL ?

Also does the sync get progressively worse, or does it remain out of sync by a fixed amount throughout the movie ?

Divx  2002-08-21 22:17:55 ( ID:vot6hxxbffo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nothing special, is being done. And I'm not sure if the frame rate get worse or not. But I know only a minute or so and its off.

Steven

Minion  2002-08-22 00:12:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the "frame rate" of the "avi/Divx" file?? if it is differant that the Mpeg that you are encodeing to then this is your problem..You have to encode to the same frame rate as your source file, and if you don"t then you will get sync problems and jumpy playback on your DVD Player....

Divx  2002-08-22 04:31:52 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've check from the very begining the audio is out of sync. Frame rate is 23.

Not sure what else I should try?

Steven

Bug report - Out of sync when merge VBR mpeg2 No.26858
JN  2002-08-21 09:19:58 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I try to merge 16 mpeg2 files (SVCD, VBR (after 2-pass), 480x576, each file cca 45 MB long ) to one single file. Every file was created from AVI in TMPGEnc. When I merge all files at once, the result is this - the higher the fragment , the more out of sync (1 - no problem, 16 - cca 1.5 second !!). When I try merge by two (16->8->4->2->1, very time-consuming work :-( ) the result is better, but not perfect (seems to me). What is wrong ?

ffast  2002-08-21 09:53:25 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is notthing worng I think.

You just need to read "* Note for Specification Change in TMPGEnc 2.57
" at : http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_history.html

joeAgain------  2002-08-21 13:48:05 ( ID:zjpi2mkwqf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's BULL!!!!

You make me sorry I ever bought your product. How outrageous!!

What are you trying to do? This is a HUGE step backward for TMPGenc. Are you guys trying to protect and route business to your friend companies over there, or something?

OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Minion  2002-08-21 21:51:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know what Joeagain is talking about, but the reason that your VBR files arent joining properly could be because Tmpgenc has problems accurately cutting or joining files that are VBR and I don"t know of a way to solve the problem unless you use a different joining/editing program to do this type of work......

JN  2002-08-22 06:54:46 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It still don't understand above well. It means that because I used TMPGEncPlus to encode mpeg2 files instead TMPGEnc, I can throw away all my work to recycle bin ? If it means, that I can retain my files and merge it TMPGEnc and everything will be OK, then I must say NO! I tried it with TMPGEnc - with the same result !
To Minion: I am unsuccessfully trying to find other program, that can solve this problem. For example : Mpeg2Vcr - can join, but need to reencode whole file all over again. DVtools - simple, fast, seemingly OK (I can play it in PowerDVD), but the file is confusing for many other applications (cannot do authoring with chapters etc.).
Can somebody recommend me some other program ? Thanks

Minion  2002-08-22 09:11:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Power VCR has a good Mpeg editing and joining function but the program is primarily for Mpeg capture but i use the editor .......

JN  2002-08-26 06:31:30 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried for joining mpeg2 other 2 programs:
nanoMpeg editor - the result file is playable on PowerDVD from start till end, but when I try to set position by navigator slider, the playback becomes only a coloured noise.
PowerVCR II - the result is not good. The picture stops for a few frames every second. Sound is OK. When attempting to merge again in TMPGEnc, only first fragment int file is processed.

I'm giving up. I wanted my SVCDs to have thumbnail menus, so the clips will be played form first to last. This is possible only with one single file with chapters pointing to it, when using separate files, it always returns to menu after playing single clip. So I will make SVCDs without menus ...

Request - Separate L & R audio suggestion No.26856
Jim Meyer  2002-08-21 07:07:43 ( ID:evkqquswknk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be a nice feature if you could include the ability to select which channel of audio is used, Left or Right.

I have a couple of dozen 4 channel audio DVCam tapes of shows that I am wanting to burn onto CD. The left channel 1 is mixed, right ch.2 is VO only, left channel 3 is sound effects and the right channel 4 is music only.

However my DV capture card only captures via the firewire and is not selective of what channel it grabs... it just takes audio channels 1 & 2. When it is rendered in TMPGEnc, TMPGEnc mixes channel 1 & 2 so that the VO is too hot because channel 2 is VO only (with no music).

I would like to select channel 1 ONLY to be my audio channel.

Is that possible to make that? I would really appreciate it. I'm sure that there must be others out there that may have similar situations.

Thanks! Just so you know, I really think TMPGEnc is a Great program! kudos!

Jim Meyer

ffast  2002-08-21 07:41:39 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since TMPGEnc is MPEG encoder, I personaly think it is too much to ask.

If I were you, I take the following steps.

1. split(de-Multiplex) audio and video with TMPGEnc, or record only audio directly from orgial DVCam with PC.
2. edit audio with audio application such as "Crean!" (http://www.steinberg.net/).
3. Multiplex the video and audio with TMPGEnc.

Question - Wont let me VCD "Can not open avi or unsupported" No.26853
icedcold21  2002-08-21 07:04:13 ( ID:z/v0jdo.29h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to Vcd a avi into a mpeg, and it will not let me, says that the avi can not open or is unsported. I just got a different computer, and on my other comp it works just fine, but now everything is on this computer, and I cant VCD. Can anyone help me? Please e-mail me @ IcedCold21@Hotmail.com
thanks!

icedcold21  2002-08-21 07:08:46 ( ID:z/v0jdo.29h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

oh and one more thing, I HAVE did the enviromental setting and then to VFAPI plug in, and then set direct to higher---2. And it still does not work.

POP  2002-08-21 14:34:04 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depends on the AVI file format and codec you have installed on your system.
*.AVI could be uncompressed AVI or Divx AVI or other AVI, and you need certain codec to load the file with TMPGEnc.

Maybe you can check if the file can be played with Windows Media player on your PC properly, if not, there is no codec in the PC.

Question - How can I reduce the bit rate at encoding? No.26851
Michael Anderson  2002-08-21 05:06:26 ( ID:i6i/ivwwhik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the demonstration version of TMPGEnc Plus and I am trying to reduce the size of mpeg files by re-encoding them at a lower bit rate. Although the project wizard informs me the new size will be 10MB (from 30MB), after encoding, the file size is around 20MB. The file size remains the same for different encoding bit rates. The quality of the encoded mpeg however, does change. So I am left with a 20MB file with very low quality if I select a bit rate around, say, 200Kbps.

Is this because I am using a demonstration version of TMPGEnc Plus 2.5?
Is this because I have "unlocked" the bit rate in order to reduce the encoding rate?

Thanks for any help
Mick.

Minion  2002-08-21 21:56:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are doing Mpeg1/vcd and you lower the bitrate lower than the vcd standard you need to change the "system" setting to "vcd-non-standard" or Tmpgenc will add padding to the stream to keep it vcd compliant..But if you are doing Mpeg2 then I don"t have an idea why you are haveing problems...but Usually when i re-encode Mpeg2 files I use DVD2AVi to to make project files to encode with Tmpgenc and it allways works properly....

Question - When I convert an Avi to a vcd i only get sound and no picture No.26846
bboy_shadow  2002-08-21 00:48:07 ( ID:pk8ltt7jtmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ive used TMPG before and never got this problem.
When i try and make an avi file to a video file using TMPG it will only show the audio and no video. Is there a codec I need or something? i have the divx codec, but TMPG wont show the video, i set it at 'system (video+audio)' like always but dosent show the video, my guess is a missing codec, but not sure. Please help me. If im right, and it is a missing codec please tell me which. Thanks

bboy_shadow  2002-08-21 00:50:37 ( ID:pk8ltt7jtmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it dosent show the video to any of my .avi movies. HELP

Minion  2002-08-21 01:47:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is Newbie problem #1, and allmost every one gets it when they first open the program, You need to raise the priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" you do this by going to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" then to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2" ...

bboy_shadow  2002-08-21 09:05:14 ( ID:pk8ltt7jtmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thx it worked

Anonymous  2002-08-21 01:43:50 ( ID:8bou0.7/i0r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "KVCD" in the link must be upper case.
http://ns1.shidima.com/kwag/KVCD_704x480_PLUS.mpg

Question - disappearing files... No.26843
GorillaPalmz  2002-08-20 23:55:23 ( ID:kh9w/5b68i. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've used tmpgenc many times with no errors, but this is a bit strange. i captured about 18 gigs of data yesterday, and began converting with tmpgenc. this morning before i left for work, i encoded one more of the segments, then shut my comp off and went to work. coming home now, i cannot see any of the files in the directory where all my captured and converted data resided. the space is still eaten up on my drive, but i can't see anything! any ideas?

Minion  2002-08-21 01:59:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only thing I can think of is to use the "Search" function of you Operateing System to look for the file names of the files that are missing or just look for all mpeg files...

GorillaPalmz  2002-08-22 21:27:48 ( ID:ldzmmcvpcuc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no luck, had to format drive...

Question - Can I start encoding from middle of avi? No.26841
evilmantis  2002-08-20 22:52:21 ( ID:28pk9ez3cnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if there was a way to start encoding from the middle of an avi file. My computer crashed halfway through a conversion and I would like to start from where the finished mpeg ends.

Thanks
Goldie

Minion  2002-08-21 01:57:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only thing you can do is use the "Source Range" in the "Advanced settings" to start encodeing at the frame you got cut off at, then join the two parts together with the "merge & Cut" in the "Mpeg Tools"...

Question - Error "Invalid Pointer Operation" No.26839
Joe  2002-08-20 20:07:14 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I keep getting "Invalid Pointer Operation". Can anyone explain what this means and how to correct it..Thanks Joe

rs008f  2002-08-27 19:48:02 ( ID:y6sfhr2iibk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try to lower the priority of the AVI VFW comaptibility reader to -3

Question - DV avi problem No.26837
Anders@dac.se  Home )  2002-08-20 19:07:48 ( ID:d.z2bgmtbrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i get an error when i'm trying to open a DV codec avi into TMPGenc (latest version) - File cannot open or is unsupported...

the dv avi files are made with premiere... the stange thing is that it works with somefiles i've made with premiere and it doesnt work with some...

/Anders Malmgren

Minion  2002-08-21 01:55:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try adjusting the priority if the "avi VFW File reader" and the "Open DML File Reader" when raiseing one disable the other... I Think One of these plugins supports that format......

Question - widescreen No.26835
ufoboi  2002-08-20 18:40:50 ( ID:jxarqf2ubmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a widescreen avi video file, how do i convert it to mpeg with widescreen resolution? I converted with the default setting with TMPGEnc but the picture came out so skinny. I hope you know what i'm trying to say and if you do, please help me out. Thank you very much

Minion  2002-08-21 01:52:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to the "Advanced settings" to "clip frame" and use the arrange setting to arrange the screen to the way you like it..you might need to do a couple test encodes to see if it looks right...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.