TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 475 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question DV -> MPEG2, Interlacing question belial 2 2002-07-25 06:10:01
Question Strage behavior from TMPGEnc Hirendu 1 2002-07-23 23:03:37
Question Can I not register 2.57? Markpjones 9 2002-07-24 04:08:25
Question Certain audio files were not acceptable for making a VCD? Mike 1 2002-07-23 22:52:17
Request ver 2.57 rocks! Joe Hecht 0 2002-07-23 19:27:06
Question Error ' -537403781 361968 ' Bhav 0 2002-07-23 18:31:49
Question Encode sound without touching video encode? PZcolo 1 2002-07-23 19:08:09
Question 500bps jerky sound James 3 2002-07-24 12:47:05
Question Submux and TMPGenc martin 3 2002-07-24 21:43:18
Question Mr. Andres Posada 1 2002-07-23 15:30:02
Question After encoding with TMPGenc Nero starts encoding again!! Petr@ 4 2002-07-26 12:59:10
Question .avi file "can not open, or unsupported" why can't i load this video to convert to .mpg? PuTo777 3 2002-08-03 11:13:51

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 475 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - DV -> MPEG2, Interlacing question No.25428
belial  2002-07-23 23:24:55 ( ID:faesufqbewa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

DV source is interlaced, and MPEG2 also does interlacing, so why is it that when I encode directly from a DV source AVI to DVD-PAL MPEG2 the compressor produces a terrible result (lots of artifacts).

I experimented, and enabled de-interlacing (using the double filter) and all of a sudden the quality improved drastically, all the artifacts went away, only now, the result looks like... well.. like its been deinterlaced.

Am I doing something weird here? I was under the impression I could compress from a interlaced source, to a MPEG2 with the same interlacing, being as the framerates are identical and the field order is correct.

But when I do, the interlacing ends up causing huge bitrate wastage, like its trying to compress data that is interlaced, and therefore doesn't fit with the MPEG image assumptions.

..belial..

ABS  2002-07-24 05:33:12 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried changing the field order under the Advanced tab?
ABS

belial  2002-07-25 06:10:01 ( ID:faesufqbewa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, that caused massive flickering as well as even worse quality loss.

It seems like (not that I'd know for sure) that instead of compressing the 2 interlaced frames of the DV into the 2 interlaced frames in the MPEG2, that its taking a single frame of the DV source with interlaced lines, 25 times a second and compressing it, and well, it ends up looking hideous and artifacty.

I've given up for now and I'm compressing using deinterlacing because I have to have this DVD available before our next show, but I will be experimenting with other compressors, I have no idea what else is out there though, but something should be able to do this right.

Question - Strage behavior from TMPGEnc No.25426
Hirendu  2002-07-23 22:10:15 ( ID:wchdpbe2hpw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have seen this question asked a number ot times and
answered as "newbie" question and brushed aside. But I
think this is really a serious problem.

First of all I have version 2.55.38.142.

Here is what happens.
1) I set video source file to be a.mpg
2) It loads the file, everything works (I
process/encode it)
3) I change settings (for example, change
bit-rate) and try encoding again; I get
the dreaded
"file format not correct or not supported"
error.
4) I change the source file name from a.mpg
to a.mpeg and once again everything works
fine.
5) After a random number of encodings (between 1
and 4 so far -- I am trying out various encoding
settings on the same source file to see which
works best!), the error message appears again.
6) Changing the file name from a.mpeg to a.mpg
and it works again.

I think one can repeat the above a number of times.

First of all, if the file could be read before, how
come it suddenly becomed "unsupported"?

Next,just changing the file extension suddenly makes
it "supported"?

Finally, in my version, I can not change the priority
of VFAPI plug-in. It does not allow me to change it
(is at -1 and stays there no matter what I try).

Anyone can throw more light on this? Or is this
a bug? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks..

- Hirendu

Minion  2002-07-23 23:03:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I personally haven"t come across a mpeg file with the "mpeg" extention all the ones I have come across have a "mpg" extention, so if changeing the extention solves your problem then It seems like a pretty simple fix, as for changeing the priority of the vfapi plugins you do it by Right Clicking on the plugin you want to change and if you can"t change it then it is probably a bug and you can try downloading another copy, there are other ways for encodeing mpeg files to mpeg files with tmpgenc, you can de-mux the mpeg file and load the "mpv" video file into dvd2avi and frame serve the video to tmpgenc and load the de-muxed audio in for the audio and then encode.

Question - Can I not register 2.57? No.25416
Markpjones  2002-07-23 21:09:21 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently bought a license to 2.56. I downloaded 2.57, but I don't see the "register" button on the splash window anymore? What gives?

Markpjones  2002-07-23 21:14:54 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do I just replace the 2.56 vfp with the 2.57?

Griff  2002-07-23 21:35:17 ( ID:jjuoli2e8m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the registration window doesn't appear then your origional registration, must have been entered into the windows registery. From the Pegasyse website:
>Those who have purchased previous version of TMPGEnc Plus are free to upgrade to this version, 2.57! Just download this version and run the program please.

Otherwise the registration window would appear. So just use the software.

Griff

Minion  2002-07-23 22:53:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Grif is right, usually if you are entitled to a free upgrade the new version will register it self..

Markpjones  2002-07-23 23:48:26 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do I just replace the 2.56 vfp with the 2.57?

Markpjones  2002-07-24 00:02:11 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So I just ignore the "XX days to registration message"?

3rd  2002-07-24 00:36:53 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you really purchased TMPGEnc Plus, you got e-mail which contains
how to register, or where to download etc.

Minion  2002-07-24 02:27:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your product is registered then you wont have a "splash screen" ,you said before that there was no place to register but the splash screen is were is should have the "register" button, I have a funny feeling you downloaded the "demo" no the "plus" version, you can only register the "plus" version and the "plus" splash screen will have a "register" button abd will say you have 14 days to try the product the "demo" version will have a splash screen with 30 days to try the product, and if it is registered then you won"t get a splash screen.The only place to download the "Plus" version is at the "pegassus" web site ,you can get there by clicking the banner below....

Markpjones  2002-07-24 04:03:25 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I don't understand why this site doesn't have the plus download as well. Thanks for the help though!

Markpjones  2002-07-24 04:08:25 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BTW it automatically did registered like you said, just downloaded the wrong one. Cheers!

Question - Certain audio files were not acceptable for making a VCD? No.25414
Mike  2002-07-23 19:44:13 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded an AVI file of Spiderman that I thought I converted correctly to an MPEG file. It did make it to an MPEG format ,but when making the VCD in EZCD Creator, it said that the following were not acceptable: Audio Layer, Audio Bitrate, and Audio Pack & Padding. It did say I could still make a data CD, but not playable on a VCD or DVD player. Do you have any idea what when wrong and how to fix? Thanks!

Minion  2002-07-23 22:52:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It could be because you made a mpeg file not a vcd file, or you made a non standard mpeg/vcd, ezcd creator will give you are error if your mpeg/vcd file is just a little out of specs, the audio has to be 224kbs at 41000hz mpeg1 layer2, and the video has to be 352 by 240(ntsc) with 1150kbs, and the packet size for a vcd and mpeg1 are different, This might work if you just encoded the avi file to mpeg1 instead of vcd, just go to "mpeg tools" to "merge and cut" and load your mpeg file into the merge and cut choose your output directory choose "mpeg1/vcd" from the drop down menu then click "run" then it will make a copy of your file but it will attach the proper headers for vcd, then try makeing a vcd, but ezcd creator sort of sucks for makeing vcd"s cuz it will allways give you errors when trying to burn non-standard vcd files, I would sugest "Nero" or "vcdeasy" for burning, but if you want to do menu"s and chapters I use the "ulead dvd plugin" plus it lets you make non standard vcd/svcd"s...

Request - ver 2.57 rocks! No.25413
Joe Hecht  2002-07-23 19:27:06 ( ID:ofhm4sr9ydm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used the new 2.57 on my standard SVCD test clip, and wow! What a quality difference. I dont know what changed (aside from reading from DirectDraw) but my output is now visually very very close to DVD quality.

I would like to see a feature added to the MPEG Tools. When multiplexing, it would be nice to be able to adjust the audio gap.

Thanks!

Joe

Question - Error ' -537403781 361968 ' No.25412
Bhav  2002-07-23 18:31:49 ( ID:q8psl0vgef. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey,

When i am encoding, i keep getting this msg ' -537403781 361968 ' every seconds. This is my first time, can anyone help!!!

Question - Encode sound without touching video encode? No.25410
PZcolo  2002-07-23 18:28:59 ( ID:i7.gcxrvnlw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to leave videa as it is and only compress audio when encodind from avi to avi?

ASHY  2002-07-23 19:08:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All you want to do is compress the sound. This isn't really a TMPG question is it?
Load the AVI into virtualdub and choose the full processing mode. You will be able to compress the audio to whatever you want then choose 'save wav..' and give the file the extension of the type of audio you are creating.

ASHY

Question - 500bps jerky sound No.25406
James  2002-07-23 14:55:31 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to put two or more hours of AVI made from a powerpoint slideshows (with narration) onto a vcd. When I reduce the bitrate (to 500), the sound goes jerky. The quality of the pictures is adaquate but the sound goes fast and jerky!

What is happening?
Can I fix it?

James

ASHY  2002-07-23 16:41:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There may be a number of reasons for this.
1. Does this happen only on you hardware player, if so it could be that your player doesn't support the low bitrate you are using and I'm quite suprised you wish to use this bitrate, the quality must be terrible.

2. It could be the muxing rate. Seeing as you are now creating an out of standard VCD the standard VCD muxing rate will not be correct. Try running the MPEG through the simple multiplexer in the MPEGtools and choose 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard' as the stream type.

If it is the bitrate which is at fault and you are dead set on fitting 2 hours on to one cd then try these templates which will allow 2 hours on 1 cd with good quality. http://www.kvcd.net
You may need to raise the minimum bitrate in the templates so the VCD will play ok in you player.

ASHY

James  2002-07-24 03:54:09 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>There may be a number of reasons for this.
>1. Does this happen only on you hardware player, if so it could be that your player doesn't support the low bitrate you are using and I'm quite suprised you wish to use this bitrate, the quality must be terrible.

YES ID IS WITH A HARDWARE PLAYER AND I AM ONLY VIEWING STILLS OF MAINLY TEST.

>
>2. It could be the muxing rate. Seeing as you are now creating an out of standard VCD the standard VCD muxing rate will not be correct. Try running the MPEG through the simple multiplexer in the MPEGtools and choose 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard' as the stream type.

TRIED THAT WITH NO LUCK

>
>If it is the bitrate which is at fault and you are dead set on fitting 2 hours on to one cd then try these templates which will allow 2 hours on 1 cd with good quality. http://www.kvcd.net

SAME PROBLEM WITH THAT TEMPLATE :-(

>You may need to raise the minimum bitrate in the templates so the VCD will play ok in you player.

EVEN A BITRATE OF 700 HAS PROBLEMS ON MY MACHINE (NOT AS BAD THOUGH!)

THANKS FOR TRYING ASHY

IF YOU KNOW OF ANY CREATOR/ENCODER THAT WILL LET ME USE TIMED STILLS TO A BACKGROUND NARRATION,(TO LET ME GET TO 2HOURS) I'D BE VERY INTERESTED - MOST ONLY ALLOW A SET TIME FOR ALL THE PICS (5sec or 10 sec FOR ALL).

THANKS AGAIN

James

ASHY  2002-07-24 12:47:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to http://www.vcdhelp.com/author.htm and check out where it says
How to make a VCD/SVCD Photo-Album/Slide-Show

There are several programs and guides here which may help you out.

ASHY

Question - Submux and TMPGenc No.25402
martin  2002-07-23 14:22:16 ( ID:xlnf0vsqrnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I have a question
If I use submux to add a subtitle to my avi file and like to convert it afterwards
Will TMPGenc convert the subtitle to??

Jojinto  2002-07-23 21:08:53 ( ID:/ltlglwfcqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well of course it will encode the subtitles......i personally use Virtualdub for avi subtitling,and for mpeg-2 i use submux and maestroSBT.The last two takes alot of time to encode even with a fast PC.

ASHY  2002-07-24 13:51:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your intention is to add subtitles to an AVI or an MPEG1 I would suggest using Virtualdub and then simply frameserve to TMPG to create an MPEG1 or MPEG2 file with subs.

ASHY

martin  2002-07-24 21:43:18 ( ID:xlnf0vsqrnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay lest my get this right
If I last say add 3 subtitles whit submux to my avi file and then
Converts it to svcd whit TMPEGenc and put it in my dvdplayer
I can thus for one of the tree subtitles I added?

Question - Mr. No.25400
Andres Posada  2002-07-23 13:30:06 ( ID:clrun6lh9/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I update from version 2.53 to version 2.57. I do not see where to input my serial number. Thank you.

3rd  2002-07-23 15:30:02 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Goto :

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/

and press "FAQ"

Then you will find answer at "Q. How do I update TMPGEnc Plus?".

Question - After encoding with TMPGenc Nero starts encoding again!! No.25395
Petr@  2002-07-23 09:24:19 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After encoding a film with TMPGenc to a VCD format, I loaded the file into Nero and now Nero starts encoding the movie all over again! Is this normal??
Thanks in advance for any reply!
Petr@

ASHY  2002-07-23 10:18:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, there must something wrong file or setting you have missed.
What are the error warnings that NERO is giving you and are you creating a non standard VCD?

First check to make sure that you are indeed using the VCD option in NERO and not the SVCD option if you are creating a VCD.

If you are creating a VCD with a different resolution than normal then NERO will give you an error message, just ignore and choose 'Turn off standard compliance an continue'. DO NOT choose re-encode (NEVER CHOOSE THIS OPTION).

If you have used the MPEGtools to split your movie then make sure you choose 'MPEG1 Video cd' if you are creating a standard VCD or 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)' if you are creating a non standard VCD, as the stream type.
Choosing 'MPEG1 automatic' will give you an error in NERO.

Post the specs of the file here and we'll take a look at it.

ASHY

Markpjones  2002-07-24 00:03:39 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Screw Nero! Use VCDeasy, a free program (GPL)with chapter support!

ASHY  2002-07-24 00:08:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats helpful...

Petr@  2002-07-26 12:59:10 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry guys, it was my own fault. A NTSC vs. PAL problem. It has been solved. Thanks anyway.
Petr@

Question - .avi file "can not open, or unsupported" why can't i load this video to convert to .mpg? No.25391
PuTo777  2002-07-23 07:34:26 ( ID:lchz8tiao5f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey, im really new to tmpgenc & video editing. so please help me out.

i am trying to convert a .avi file to .mpg so i can make a vcd. when i try to load it, i get the message "c:/blah blah.avi can not open, or unsupported"

is this just not possible with this software? do i need another software? anyone know? i think the .avi uses divx decompression. does that make it different? someone please help me out.

thanx,
puto777

puto_777@yahoo.com

Minion  2002-07-23 08:46:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is Newbie Question #1, go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2" this should get the file loaded........

Fred Smythe  2002-08-03 09:02:19 ( ID:smqpgkytetr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>This is Newbie Question #1, go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2" this should get the file loaded........

'Cept it doesn't work in my case. I'm running WinDVD, and the file loads and plays in that, so I know I do in fact have the codec in question, and it plays in bad aspect ratio in WMP when the extension is changed to mpg, so I'm really confused as to what's wrong. I am running WinDVD on this laptop where I am running PowerDVD XP on my desktop machine where everything works fine, could that make a difference?

ASHY  2002-08-03 11:13:51 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The reason is you don't have an MPEG2 codec installed that works with TMPG, not all MPEG2 codecs do and Windvd and Power DVD codecs don't even though directshow can use them for media player.

Look to your other post I have posted the solution.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.