TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 477 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question divx5 to mepg 1 or 2 double 2 2002-07-22 23:11:21
Question Error-Message: can't open, or unsupported matse 2 2002-07-24 22:22:34
Question transform: MPEG2 => DIVX matse 1 2002-07-22 15:01:46
Bug report No sound in Windows Media Player simonaa 6 2002-07-24 22:54:59
Question Plus version Olli 6 2002-07-23 00:43:17
Question Problen Installing Dan 5 2002-07-22 18:22:44
Question How can convert from Ulead Video Studio with TMPGenc? Bob 3 2002-07-23 07:18:57
Question Audio will only play in Analog Edster007 0 2002-07-21 23:52:02
Question Horizontal Lines when converting DV-Mpeg2 KD 3 2002-07-23 00:07:18
Question Upgrade? pc22575 2 2002-07-22 09:56:32
Question Problems downloading TMPGEnc Will 1 2002-07-21 22:26:41
Question Watermarks or logos on my MPEG clips Aaron 5 2002-07-22 13:26:02

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 477 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - divx5 to mepg 1 or 2 No.25329
double  2002-07-22 17:01:06 ( ID:kcojvpk1z4m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can tempenc read divx 5?

ASHY  2002-07-22 17:54:33 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes

Minion  2002-07-22 23:11:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is supposed to read divx 5 but I haven"t been able to get it to encode anything but a black screen with sound,but I know other poeple have doen it ...

Question - Error-Message: can't open, or unsupported No.25326
matse  2002-07-22 16:16:20 ( ID:qda0wlcwd5o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, if i try to open an MPEG2-File i get the following error-message - can't open, or unsupported. i use the version TMPGEnc-2.57.41.146-Free.zip.

thx
matse

Daniel Pheil  2002-07-23 02:54:10 ( ID:osc6yalvy.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I am having the same problem. The strange thing is that I was having no
problems at all. Then all of the sudden it won't open any mpeg files at all
including the ones that I made previously with the program. I'm using the
2.56 plus version. I have a report to tech support but so far no reply.

Till  2002-07-24 22:22:34 ( ID:c1zrtgdhih. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also have the same problem.
I'm using the version 2.57.41.146-Plus-EN, that I just bought. (yes I think we have to buy such nice package).
The strangest thing is that it happens on file that I previously was able to open from within TMPGEncode.
It definetely looks like this is a recurent pb since I read similar pb on the list without being able to fix it with the solutions provided.
I'd love to have s.o. from TMPG to have a look at it.

Question - transform: MPEG2 => DIVX No.25324
matse  2002-07-22 14:39:49 ( ID:j.yzb089npf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, am i able to transform MPEG2-Files to DIVX with TMPG and how does it works.

thx
matse

ASHY  2002-07-22 15:01:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, but you will need an MPEG2 codec to open the file or you could frameserve it from DVD2AVI.
After you have set up the file to be encoded, you would the click File>Output to file>AVI file and then choose the codec and parameters you wish to encode the AVI to.

ASHY

Bug report - No sound in Windows Media Player No.25317
simonaa  2002-07-22 11:19:04 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just downloaded TMPGenc and installed.

Took an AVI file that I know plays fine and ran part of it through TMPG to produce a PAL mpg - VCD standard at 25fps, 352x288 - all the standard defaults from the wizard.

Ran the .mpg file with Windows Media Player and picture is fine - but no sound.

Has anyone else found the same problem. It seems quite a basic issue. ??

Thanks
/simon

ASHY  2002-07-22 12:52:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It may not be media player that is at fault. If your AVi had Ac3 as the audio then it is likely you have encoded your MPEG without sound as TMPG does not support Ac3. Try your MPEG in a proper MPEG player. I recommend WinDVD, it is available as a free download from Intervideo.com. If there is no sound here too then it is your MPEG which is at fault not Media player.

What you need to do in this situation is extract the audio from the AVI to a wav file and use that as your audio source in TMPG.

ASHY

simonaa  2002-07-22 20:45:22 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the feedback, I tried running the output mpg in a number of players - all no sound.

Original Avi shows DivX MPG4 with 48kHz, Sterio, 16 bit sound.
Output mpg shows MPEG1, 44.1KHz, Sterio, 16 bit sound.

Couple of questions -
How can I tell of the avi had AC3 encoding?
How can I extract the sound to a wav file?

/Simonaa

Minion  2002-07-23 04:55:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try playing it with "dvd playing software" cuz it will play AC3 but if it doesn"t play it then the file probably has no audio but if it is ac3 then you can extract the audio to a wav file with an ac3 decoder you should be able to get it here
http://www.mediatwins.com/products/ac3_decoder-download.htm

ASHY  2002-07-23 17:44:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure about the audio. 48kHz, Stereo, 16 bit sound usually means Ac3.
Where did you get this information?
Try extracting the audio to a wav with AVImux.
http://www.bsplayer.org/avimux04.zip

Just load the AVI, check the audio stream then right click it and choose PCM as the audio compression.

ASHY

Billyboy  2002-07-24 16:48:13 ( ID:ssmowfnaotm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello, i got the same problem, no sound....

you can see if ac3 in the propriety of the film with media player....

and when you take your input file and want a preview with tmpenc no sound too

explain.....

Billyboy

ASHY  2002-07-24 22:54:59 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG preview only displays video without sound.

ASHY

Question - Plus version No.25310
Olli  2002-07-22 07:18:59 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How many people here actually use the plus version ?
Is it worth purchasing if all Im going to be doing is converting DIVX to XVCD ?

I know it has a few whistles and bells, but is the plus version going to offer me any radical chnages that will improve my encoding by a noticeable amount ?

P.S Yes I have read the readme on the plus version, I'm just interested what peoples opinions are

Minion  2002-07-22 08:10:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There isn"t really any reason if you are just doing mpeg1/vcd accept that it is faster, but if you are doing mpeg2/svcd/dvd then it is worth the price cuz the mpeg2 encodeing is better and faster with the plus version.

Olli  2002-07-22 09:17:43 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ...

ASHY  2002-07-22 13:03:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure about the faster encoding Minion as I think the speed is the same for both versions as they both use the same version encoding engine. I must say that I haven't noticed any speed improvement using the plus version compared to the standard version.

The thing I would say to you Olli is that it is obvious you want that bit of extra quality compared to VCD as you are encoding XVCD. If this is the case then it is likely you will eventually want to encode to MPEG2 as SVCD is superior in quality to VCD. Once you have got the hang of MPEG2 encoding it is unlikely you would want to go back to MPEG1 providing your player can handle SVCD.

I have created some excellant SVCD's which just could not be matched by XVCD and with a few tweaks here and there manage to get most of my movies on 2 cd's with a nice quality.

Basically all I'm saying is if your serious about quality, MPEG2 is the only way to go and for that you need the plus version.

ASHY

Markpjones  2002-07-22 18:38:54 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Plus, by purchasing, you get to support the makers of TMPG--an awesome program!

Minion  2002-07-22 23:08:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have noticed about 10% quicker encodeing for mpeg2 on the plus version on my 1.7ghz system as opposed to the demo version but I didn"t really notice any differance on my old 800mhz system...

Olli  2002-07-23 00:43:17 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the info guys ...
Ashy ..unfortunately my DVD player doesnt handle SVCD.

I have heard that it is possible to 'fool' the player by creating an SVCD and then re-writing the header as MPEG1 instead of MPGEG2 so the player thinks it is playing a VCD but I havent tried this yet.

What advantage is there to me creating SVCD's seeing as my XVCD's are already at SVCD bitrate (ca 2500) and resolution (480x576). Does MPEG2 produce a better quality image ?

thanks

Olli

Question - Problen Installing No.25304
Dan  2002-07-22 06:16:55 ( ID:k5hwznt.r8n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded the program and tried to install it when I do I get a message "This archive is not a valid Zip archive". I delete the file and tried to download it 4 other time and every time I get the same message. Is there only one specific type of zip program that will open this file? The zip I am using is Camzip and I never have trouble opening other files. How can I get this program installed?

Minion  2002-07-22 08:00:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have know idea why it isn"t working but if you leave your e-mail I or someone could e-mail the demo to you....

Dan  2002-07-22 15:28:36 ( ID:k5hwznt.r8n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank You I have my email on this message Dan

ASHY  2002-07-22 16:08:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is almost certainly the decompression program you are using. It is known that TMPG does not unzip correctly with certain programs.

Try Winrar, it never seems to have any problems like this.

ASHY

Dan  2002-07-22 17:54:41 ( ID:k5hwznt.r8n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Winrar doesn't work ether I keep get all types of error messages.

ASHY  2002-07-22 18:22:44 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If Winrar is giving you an error and you are using a recent version then there must be somehthing wrong with the zip file.
There are two things you can try. One is download the program from another source. The second is do not use a download manager when downloading.

ASHY

Question - How can convert from Ulead Video Studio with TMPGenc? No.25300
Bob  2002-07-22 05:38:08 ( ID:zprigmmvxug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear All ,

I have capture my movie from Digital Camcorder and finished editing that.
So now I want to convert to Movie File with TMPGENC, but what should I do ?
I just now TMPGENC only cpnvert the source movie file not from Ulead.
Thanks for your help...

Thanks
Bob

Minion  2002-07-22 07:57:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your edited movie is a Ulead Progect File you will have to render in avi format then encode the avi with tmpgenc to mpeg cuz you can"t use Tmpgenc as a plugin for Ulead.You can use the Ulead Mpeg encoder but it sucks pretty bad but it is pretty quick.You could render it as DivX 4.12 or 5.0 with a really high bitrate so as not to loose much quality then encode the divX to mpeg with tmpgenc.If you are going to edit videos then encode them to mpeg you should try a different editing program that allows for mpeg encoder plugins like "Adobe Premier" which you can get a whole slew of encoders for like LSX,CinemaCraft,Panasonic Mpeg1, or you could get a mpeg codec that allows you to render in mpeg format.......

Bob  2002-07-23 02:35:05 ( ID:zprigmmvxug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks very very much Minion for your response and solution.
Yah, I Know Primier is better, but I just beginner in this, So I think Primier is more technical for me.
I Ever install Primier in my PC, and I've failed to connect my camcorder from Primier, My is not detect by Primier. Just for your info, I've use Primier 6.0 and my Cam is Panasonic NV-DS28 (Digital) .
Could you please help me to give me some reference or guide about how to use and setting Adobe Primier ? or maybe you can give me Web address.
Once again Thanks for your help.

Bob

Minion  2002-07-23 07:18:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I do is capture with a different capture program the import the avi file into Premier for editing,I find ulead media studio 6.5 just as complicated as premier or even more complicated but the encoder plugins for Premier generally arent as good as Tmpgenc accept for CinemaCraft which costs a fortune, you should just render your ulead projects into avi files and then encode them to mpeg with tmpgenc.I have been experimenting with "Sonic foundry"s Vegas Video" and it is a really good and fast video editor and you can get an mpeg1 and mpeg2 codec for rendering and it is fairly good quality and on my system it renders to mpeg in close to real time.But if you want to find out more about Premier go to http://www.adobe.com/ you can download an instruction manual there.......

Question - Audio will only play in Analog No.25299
Edster007  2002-07-21 23:52:02 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have encoded a DVD using a capture from my DV500 card (SVideo and L/R Audio channels), edited in Premiere and encoded in Tmpgenc. Everything looks great and when authored the menu is perfect and plays in my stand alone player. The only issue is the audio on the DVD does not play when my receiver is set to auto. I have to switch my receiver to Analog mode to hear the sound. Funny thing is the the audio (WAV file) I put on the menu plays perfect in Auto (PCM) mode. Once the movie plays, it's silent until switched to Analog.

I believe it's something to do with the audio in the Mpeg file itself. When I encoded the file in Tmpgenc, I left the Audio Mode to Sereo, should it have been dual channel or is there something else I have to do to the audio?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I'm so close t finally understanding this long process and making a functional disc.

Thanks.

Question - Horizontal Lines when converting DV-Mpeg2 No.25295
KD  2002-07-21 23:40:23 ( ID:m2oxjlzcsu2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I try to convert my AVI file from a Sony TRV530 digital camcorder to Mpeg 2, I get horizontal lines in all of my frames, please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks!

Minion  2002-07-22 05:05:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those are "interlace lines" and to get rid of then use the "de-interlace filter" in the "advanced settings"........

wcpaul  2002-07-22 23:40:38 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A frame with no motion should have no "horizontal lines". Look for that before doing anything drastic.

VirtualDub has a great selection of de-interlacers. Load the AVI into VirtualDub and frameserve to TMPGEnc. For clean video, the standard deinterlacer set to blend, followed by "sharpen, 10-20" produces good results.

Some say that deinterlacing is no good if you are creating a DVD for viewing on a TV. In my tests, "blend" deinterlacing looks fine because is creates a motion blur effect.

Interpolated deinterlacing (needed for extreme motion) would probably look jerky on a TV (30fps, no motion blur). Extreme motion cases require a tough decision: it can look good on a TV (in motion) or a computer (frame by frame), but not both.

ASHY  2002-07-23 00:07:18 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For the best de-interlace solution nothing beats AVIsynth.

ASHY

Question - Upgrade? No.25292
pc22575  2002-07-21 23:13:11 ( ID:wlfmzrnr.zn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I have bought TMPG Plus, how and where do I upgrade? (Simple, huh!?)

Minion  2002-07-22 05:03:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean ,did you buy the last version and want to upgrade to the new version???If thats all you want to know you just go and download the new plus version from the banner below and it will register itself if you are intitled to a free upgrade......

Griff  2002-07-22 09:56:32 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Re-enter your registration code in the upgraded version.

Griff

Question - Problems downloading TMPGEnc No.25290
Will  2002-07-21 19:58:02 ( ID:z4hwvadr6mr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to download the TMPGENC free version and the TMPGENC Plus trial version but when I try to unzip or open the files I get error messages. Please Help!

Minion  2002-07-21 22:26:41 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Keep downloading it untill it works and don"t use any download managers...and make sure your winzip or winrar is up to date...

Question - Watermarks or logos on my MPEG clips No.25284
Aaron  2002-07-21 18:05:03 ( ID:kzdz.ogr/c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First off, I'm new to the world of DVD ripping and video converting...
I recently downloaded the free version of 2.56 and while using it, I noticed that it has placed (or encoded) a logo or watermark (consisting of 9 small blocks in the upper right corner) into EVERY mpeg video I have on my computer, regardless of whether I used the TMPEnc program on it or not.

To say the least, I'm not please with this. How can I remove these watermarks / logos? I have removed the program from my computer, but the watermarks / logos remain.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Aaron

ASHY  2002-07-21 18:09:40 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The water mark is due to the fact that you have installed the Elecard MPEG2 codec on your system.

Uninstall this and your watermark problem will disappear.

ASHY

Aaron  2002-07-21 18:21:52 ( ID:kzdz.ogr/c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the fast response. I've done a search on my computer for 'elecard' but the search turned up nothing. How do I locate this file for deletion? What folder would it be in or name is used for it?

Thanks again.
Aaron

ASHY  2002-07-21 18:42:51 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Copy the text below into a text file and give it the name unregister.bat then run it.

regsvr32 /u /s audionull.ax
regsvr32 /u /s pim2null.ax
regsvr32 /u /s mpgdec.ax
regsvr32 /u /s mpeg2dmx.ax
regsvr32 /u /s ac3dec.ax

ASHY

Minion  2002-07-21 22:23:36 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I my old computer I had the same Elcard mpeg2 codec and it doesn"t put the watermark on your file it just displays the watermark when you are useing the codec to decode the file for viewing so when you burn the mpeg to a cd-r or dvd the watermark shouldn"t be there but is a bit anoying seeing that thing in the corner when you want to watch your mpeg files.......

ASHY  2002-07-22 13:26:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion is right it doesn't actully affect the file itself. The watermark is just overlayed when the file is played back.

As for the instructions above. I have just realised it won't work without actually running it in the Elecard MPEG2 folder itself.

Some where on your PC you must have folder which maybe named EMpgDec. In this folder is a file called unregister.bat. Run this and the codec will be removed.

If you can't find the folder, do a search for ' mpgdec.ax '. This file will be contained in the Elecard folder.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.