TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 485 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question NO VIDEO JUST SOUND FROM avi FILE Help Me 2 2002-07-16 20:13:56
Question tmpgenc not reading audio(ac3)....ashy help hek01 13 2002-07-23 00:47:25
Question difference? Los 3 2002-07-16 22:06:44
Question divx to svcd casiri 1 2002-07-16 17:48:46
Question TMPGEnc Read Error BigcVideos 5 2002-07-19 14:20:13
Question synchronize audio & video mrbiggame 1 2002-07-16 08:01:59
Question Looking for advice, pointers + help bewildered 1 2002-07-16 07:49:38
Question How do I convert a mov file into mpg? KoticPhreak 1 2002-07-16 01:37:33
Question MPEG1 Quality albert 1 2002-07-16 01:35:48
Request How do you convert one big *.avi to two *.mpg files<650MB? Joy 2 2002-07-16 01:26:09
Question ASF to MPEG1-VCD FaOctubre 1 2002-07-15 21:55:47
Bug report Software conflict between MYDVD & TMPGEnc Slammin' 1 2002-07-16 10:42:31

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 485 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - NO VIDEO JUST SOUND FROM avi FILE No.24966
Help Me  2002-07-16 19:33:14 ( ID:z2ak9oatvck )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert a AVI file to a MPG all I get is sound, no video. There is no preview during encoding. I can play the AVI file using DivX Player and it plays as a AVI file fine. Any help would be appreciated.....

ASHY  2002-07-16 19:57:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

See this post.
Question - divx to svcd No.24946

Help Me  2002-07-16 20:13:56 ( ID:z2ak9oatvck )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I then get an error of can not open, or unsupported.

Question - tmpgenc not reading audio(ac3)....ashy help No.24952
hek01  2002-07-16 18:44:55 ( ID:rsgopghvjxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry for mentioning your name ashy...just seems like you are really familiar whith tmpg....here's my prob....using smartripper, dvd2avi, tmpgenc plus, nero to make dvd backups....

all program settings default per the 'sefy newbie guides'..good video, good audio sync...no problems.....the problems started when i tried my first 3hr+ movie....

was able to rip movie....get the video and wav file through dvd2avi...set all normal settings in tmpg then i got the (Write error occured at address 77F52CD0 of module 'ntdll.dll' with FF2BFF02)...another user recommended to raise the priority of the direct show file reader in tmpg environmental settings....

once i did that, the video encoded and i was able to burn it down with nero....but now with no sound..i am able to play the wav file in winamp..for some reason tmpg is just not getting the file..you said something about memory shortage or just bad memory...is that the problem...you also recommended to another user to use an ac3 filter...i downloaded it but im not sure exactly how to install it...i have it in the same folder as all my other encoding programs...do i need to install it into a specific location???

i also have virtualdub...but still learning how to use it....well here are my computer specs: compaq P4 1.8g, 512ddr, 80g hdd, dvd and cdrw, runnin XP home....any other settings in tmpgenc that i can adjust? thanks for your time and any advice will be helpful..........

ASHY  2002-07-16 19:52:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just clear a couple of things up for me.
You say you were able to successfully encode the movie after raising the priority of the direct show file reader.
Did this movie then play in media player with sound or is there no sound in media player either?

Secondly, you say the wav plays ok in Winamp, does this mean you are loading this wav as your audio source.

Ok now assuming that you are loading the wav into TMPG and it just isn't getting encoded into the movie, it could be that because you have raised the priority of the direct show filter, this could be preventing the wav reader from reading the wav file.

Try raising the priority of the wav file reader also and put the rest to 0 apart from the directshow reader then do a short test encode to see if the audio encodes into the movie.

If that doesn't work there is a work around. Once you have encoded the video part of your movie you can then choose audio only in the system settings and just encode the audio. Once you have done this it is just a simple matter of using the simple multiplexer in the MPEG tools to merge the two files together.
Make sure you select 'MPEG1 Video CD' as the type if you are creating a VCD.

Regarding the Ac3 filter, you don't really need this unless you wish to open VOBS directly with TMPG which I strongly advise against.

Let me know how it goes.

ASHY

hek01  2002-07-18 00:04:09 ( ID:rsgopghvjxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well first off thanks for the reply....the movie did not have any sound in media player either, just video...the wav file plays in winamp and is my audio source...i played it in winamp just to make sure there was audio in the file....

like you mentioned, i have tried raising the priority of the wav reader, but then i get the (Write error occured at address 77F52CD0 of module 'ntdll.dll' with FF2BFF02)...when this comes up, i cant encode anything at all..i also get an error about memory, forgot exactly what the memory error was... i have to lower the priority of the wav reader for at least the video to work...

i am going to try and do the audio only and use the multiplexer...never tried that before, but it doesnt seem too difficult.....any other settings i might try adjusting?? well again thanks for your reply and i will try what you suggested.....................thanks

knish  2002-07-18 18:27:37 ( ID:rvc5r/0flnm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am facing the same problem trying to back up a movie that is longer than 3 hours. Have followed the same procedure but TMPGEnc will not display audio in the "Source Range" window.

Ashy, look for my answers to your questions below. Thanks to any and all for help.

>Just clear a couple of things up for me.
>You say you were able to successfully encode the movie after raising the priority of the direct show file reader.
>Did this movie then play in media player with sound or is there no sound in media player either?
>

No sound in media player either.

>Secondly, you say the wav plays ok in Winamp, does this mean you are loading this wav as your audio source.
>

Yes, the wav is indeed being loaded as source.

>Ok now assuming that you are loading the wav into TMPG and it just isn't getting encoded into the movie, it could be that because you have raised the priority of the direct show filter, this could be preventing the wav reader from reading the wav file.
>
>Try raising the priority of the wav file reader also and put the rest to 0 apart from the directshow reader then do a short test encode to see if the audio encodes into the movie.
>

Did that but still no audio.

>If that doesn't work there is a work around. Once you have encoded the video part of your movie you can then choose audio only in the system settings and just encode the audio. Once you have done this it is just a simple matter of using the simple multiplexer in the MPEG tools to merge the two files together.
>Make sure you select 'MPEG1 Video CD' as the type if you are creating a VCD.
>
Tried this but for some reason, only the audio is not being encoded. TMGEnc spends maybe two seconds and creates the new file but that is all it does. maybe someone can outline the procedure.

>SNIPPED<

However, if I encode my vobs individually, that is make a wav and d2v file for each of my vobs on the dvd, the sound shows up in TMPGEnc. I wonder if the huge size of the single wav (more than 2GB) has anything to do with this.

Any and all help/pointers much appreciated.

knish.

hek01  2002-07-18 21:26:24 ( ID:rsgopghvjxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey knish...it does seem like the large size of the wav file is a problem....what you suggested does seem like a good idea as far as making the wav file readable in tmpeg....

were you able to encode and burn down the movie with no problems doing it this way?? if you were, how did you go about doing it?? i really want to have a sure way of backing up my 3hr+ dvds so any advice will be helpful.....thanks

ASHY  2002-07-18 21:57:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure about the 2gb limit problem because as far as Iam aware windows imposes a 4gb limit not 2gb limit for files and the new versions of TMPG are able to handle this 4gb limit.

If your work around is to split the audio into separate wavs to get around this unusual limit then rather than do that why not just encode the audio to a high bitrate mp3 file with DVD2AVI. This will then create a file size well under 2gb and should be very high quality as long as you choose a bitrate of say 224 kps which is the same as the standard VCD bitrate. Then load this mp3 as the audio into TMPG and encode.

ASHY

hek01  2002-07-19 07:42:09 ( ID:rsgopghvjxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey ashy thanks again for the info....im taking your advice and encoding the audio as mp3 file as im typing this.....hopefully it will work......ill let you know how it goes, seems like this should work............thanks again

hek01  2002-07-19 08:47:51 ( ID:rsgopghvjxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ashy...i tried encoding the audio as an mp3 file..some audio showed up in the source screen where you set the start and ending frames....still error with audio....if the limit in tmpgenc is supposed to be up to 4gig for the wav file, how do i get through this...do i need some plug in, some crack, or some setting that may need adjusting in dvd2avi, tmpgenc, windows XP??? im using tmpgenc plus, do i need another version? again thanks for your reply, and hope to hear from you soon....................

ASHY  2002-07-19 17:39:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok lets go down a different route. I'll show you the way I do it which hardly ever gives me any probs and is also a bit faster.

Ok, assuming you have already encoded your movie without the audio.
Download VOB2AUDIO and MPEGDJEncoder.
Use VOB2AUDIO to extract the audio from the VOBS to a wav then load the wav into MPEGDJEncoder and encode to mp2 then multiplex this with your movie using the MPEGtools.
http://www.xaudio.de/pages/encoder.html
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/vob2audio.html

Make sure you set MPEGDJencoder up to encode to MP2, 224 kb/s, 44.1 khz, stereo.

ASHY

hek01  2002-07-19 19:53:39 ( ID:rsgopghvjxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just a question, are you an admin of some type on this site??? you seem to be very knowledgeable and helping out a lot of people here...really good to see that....im gonna try what you suggested and i will keep you posted.......thanks again

ASHY  2002-07-20 10:48:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL...No, I'm just a helpful guy who's trying to give the benefit of his experience to others who need it. We all need a little help when we first start this game and I know how frustrating it can be when it doesn't go right.

I have encountered most of the problems people face on this site and have solved many, so I just share this with others when I can.

ASHY

knish  2002-07-22 17:02:04 ( ID:dtqidf6wibh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy:

You're idea of converting audio to mp3 and then encoding worked. Seems like the only problem was with the file size. Thanks for the help.

knish.

ASHY  2002-07-22 18:16:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It now seems this is a bug of TMPG and has been addressed in the latest version 2.57.

See the features for the latest version on the download page.

ASHY

knish  2002-07-23 00:47:25 ( ID:dtqidf6wibh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just downloaded the latest version and will try it out this week. Will update. THANKS for all your help.

knish.

Question - difference? No.24948
Los  2002-07-16 18:13:33 ( ID:lk3vptvimdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how much of a speed difference will i see if i switch from amd 900mhz to dual xeon 2.2ghz ?? how much faster? i want to know if its worth the money.

ASHY  2002-07-16 20:03:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well in reality it should be at least 4 times faster, but there are other aspects which will influence the speed.
These include the speed of the hardrive and whether you are using more than one drive. The amount of memory you have installed is another.

In my opinion I would say no it won't be worth the money.

I have a P4 1.7 O/c to 1.9 with a 7200 rpm 40gb hard drive and 256mb of 266DDR RAM.

This will allow me to encode a 2 hour movie in real time or less.
Is 2 hours such a long time for you?

ASHY

Griff  2002-07-16 21:15:56 ( ID:.pd6nyh14ah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Stick with the 900MHz machine and buy a DVD burner. You'll be able to back up and watch any movie in the time it takes to rip and burn the DVD.

Griff

Minion  2002-07-16 22:06:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess it would depend on the performance you are getting with your 900mhz, I guess if it takes 12 hours to do a movie on your system and you really want to encode like faster than real time and you can get a good deal on the new computer, then I would ,but maybe not to a dual, I just ordered a 1.7ghz Intel with 256mb of pc2100-ram and I got a exelent deal on it, it was only $499 canadian and I just paid over $1100 for a 800mhz 6 months ago so computers are really cheap now so if you can get a deal like that then go for it...but to each his own...

Question - divx to svcd No.24946
casiri  2002-07-16 15:23:42 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I convert a divx file to svcd i have no video only black

ASHY  2002-07-16 17:48:46 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to Options>enviromental setting>VFAPI plugin and right click the 'Directshow mutimedia file reader' and raise it's priority to 2 and the rest to 0.

Question - TMPGEnc Read Error No.24940
BigcVideos  2002-07-16 11:36:34 ( ID:jic/xtrpizj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert an AVI file to MPEG2 using TMPGEnc and it runs for awhile and then I get the message "Read error occured at address 00499610 module TMPGENC.EXE with FB76742C" The address and with numbers are different each time. I have the latest version of TMPGEnc. What am I doing wrong?

I'm running Win 98, 512 meg Ram, 160 gig raid, AMD 2000+ XP CPU.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Griff  2002-07-16 21:22:00 ( ID:.pd6nyh14ah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How big is the output file (mpg or m2v) when the read error occurs.

Griff

BigcVideos  2002-07-16 21:54:39 ( ID:jic/xtrpizj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not big, only about 10 meg and I have a 160 gig raid with 90 gig available, so space is not a problem. I am only trying to convert small files (ie 2 minutes) until I can get it to work.
Any ideas. Thanks

dave a  2002-07-16 21:58:16 ( ID:euhmkdghlvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem and I have tried everything. If anyone knows how to fix this email me at redwingzfan02@hotmail.com

Thanks
Dave

ASHY  2002-07-17 22:45:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to Options>Enviromental setting>VFAPI plugin and right click the 'direct show multimedia file reader' and raise it's priority to 2 and the rest to 0.

If you still get an error try raising the priority a bit more. If that fails you could have a corrupt AVI.

ASHY

BigcVideos  2002-07-19 14:20:13 ( ID:jic/xtrpizj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I changed these settings and it did not help. I even tried a different video card in case mine was causing problems and it did not work either.

Another other suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Question - synchronize audio & video No.24938
mrbiggame  2002-07-16 03:28:50 ( ID:9pauohb08xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do you synchronize audio & video. I did a movie look like a old kong fu movie. please help!!!!!

Minion  2002-07-16 08:01:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that depends on the kind of de-sync you have, if it is out of sync the same amount the whole way through the movie you can de-mux the file and re-mux it with a program like "bbmpeg" or "mpeg2vcr" cuz they have the option the off set the audio to adjust for sync problems....

Question - Looking for advice, pointers + help No.24936
bewildered  2002-07-16 03:08:24 ( ID:ogfxy10qu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's my story, if you know what i did wrong please tell me :D

There's a couple of movie files that i wanted to encode into a mpeg2 format(not svcd standard, standard mpeg2 file). In order to do that I use dvd2avi to frameserve it to tmpgenc.

Before i actually do the frameserving I would go into clip + resize in dvd2avi and clip away all the black on the top and on the bottom using the free option. So if the original was 720 x 480 it would end up being 720 x 360. I'm not sure if what i'm doing here is wrong or not but i notice that when i select of the other options in the video aspect instead of the free option the resize actually cuts not only the black borders on the top and bottom off but also a little bit of the movie from the top and bottom. For instance if i had a movie that was 1:85 and i used the video aspect of 1:85 a bit of picture from the top + bottom is gone. I also notice that some movies are by default in the format of 720 x 360 before clipping and resizing. If i really didn't like the black borders on the top and bottom of the movie should i use the free option to cut it out or should i use one of predefined aspect ratio that's equal to the movie to cut out the black borders on the top and bottom?(if the movie is 2:35 then in the video aspect i would select 2:35.

For now I use the free option and if the file is 720 x 480 it ends up being 720 x 360 after dvd2avi. If it's default of 720 x 360 then i leave it. The dvd2avi output(d2v file) is excactly the same as the source minus the borders on the top and bottom.

I import the d2v file and then use tmpgenc to resize the movie. So a 720 x 360 movie i would resize it to 512 x 256 (I'm not sure if this is the correct aspect ratio or not if someone can tell me that would be great) I would put in 512 x 256 in the video tab : size box, and in the advance tab: video arrange method i have center (custom size) and the number is 512 x 256. The source aspect ratio is whatever the original movie is. The aspect ratio in the video tab is set to 1:1 since i am watching the files on my pc. I hit encode and in about an hour i have my mpeg2 file.

Now the strange part is the the files work fine on my desktop pc. I use window's media player and ati file player and they look right. However when i watch it on my laptop using WMP the file was in 4:3 aspect ratio and it was totally warped looking. The same thing happen on my friend's desktop when I played it using WMP. WMP showed it in 4:3 but on his laptop using WMP it was fine.

So what did i do wrong here? did i mess up during the dvd2avi process? Did i totally mess up the aspect resizing? Can anyone tell me what that correct aspect ratios are for 720x360 if i wanted to shrink it down to a smaller size?

Thanks for all the help

Minion  2002-07-16 07:49:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the problem is "media player" it sucks for watching mpeg2 files on cuz it resizes your movie to fit into it"s viewing screen instead of adjusting the viewing screen to fit the dementions of the movie,I"m sure if you played it with something like "power dvd" it would look fine.I to do most of the minor resizing in dvd2avi but I think it is better to do the major cliping and resizeing in tmpgenc cuz you get greater controll over the aspec ratio and frame size than with dvd2avi....

Question - How do I convert a mov file into mpg? No.24934
KoticPhreak  2002-07-16 01:01:30 ( ID:k6ontxsv63o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm pretty sure tmpgenc cannot convert from mov to something else, but does anyone know what can?

Minion  2002-07-16 01:37:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc sure can encode "mov" files, but you need the "mov vfapi plugin" installed, you can download it in the "tools" section at "www.vcdhelp.com"....

Question - MPEG1 Quality No.24932
albert  2002-07-16 00:17:47 ( ID:w29btrivx/m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have my son graduation in video file in DV format. I wanted to give his classmate a copy of this using a CD-R compressed in MPEG1 format (so it can be easily viewed using PC windows media player). I want it viewed in full screen and maintain the quality as close to the DV format as possible.

1. For full screen do i have to encode it with TMPEGenc as 720x240 or use the 352x240 (VCD) resolution. If i use 352x240 and increased the the zoom to 100-200% i noticed that the quality goes really bad. In relation to bit rate does it follow that 352x240 with 5000mbps(i.e.) is the same as 720x240 with lower bit rate. What would be the best combination of settings to encode MPEG1, for PC playback, full screen?

2. After playing around with all those settings will i have any problem if reencode the MPEG file to VCD format in the future.

3. I read in the forum using DivX will give better quality, the thing is i dont want to act as Help Desk to this people. Is there any free player which is easy to install. Im thinking of including an autorun file so those guys wont have to do anything anymore.

Thanks

Albert

Minion  2002-07-16 01:35:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are just going to watch it on a computer screen then divx will probably give you better quality for the file size and media player shouldn"t have a problem playing them as long as the codec is installed on your system.I guess you mean 720 by 480 not 720 by 240, if you decide to do mpeg1 then useing the higher resolution with a higher bitrate will give you better quality then at a lower resolution but to keep the same quality as the lower resolution you have to increase the bitrate quite a bit and depending on how long the file is you might not get it on a cd-r, at 5000kbs you will only get about 20 minutes on a cd-r but it should be close to dvd quality if your avi file is close the the same quality, and useing the "CQ" encodeing method should help keep the file size down.....

Request - How do you convert one big *.avi to two *.mpg files<650MB? No.24929
Joy  2002-07-15 23:00:56 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After loading the sample.avi files as Video source and Audio source, I did "load-->VideoCD(NTSC).mcf", then "start". I got a 1.1G *mpg file after 3 hours. Is it the correct way to get a vcd file from *.avi file? How can I cut the resulted *.mpg file into two *.mpg files<650MB, so that I can burn them into two 650MB cdrs? I did search the BBS a little bit, but can't find anything about file size. Thanks in advance.

KoticPhreak  2002-07-16 01:03:05 ( ID:k6ontxsv63o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use "VCD Cutter" (KaZaA)

Minion  2002-07-16 01:26:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First off you can get about 750mb of mpeg on a 650mb cd-r, plus tmpgenc has a mpeg editor ,go to "file" to "mpeg tools" to "merge and cut" then edit your mpeg there, pluss you don"t have to edit your mpeg files if you use the "source range" in the "advanced settings" to encode your file in parts so you don"t have to edit, if you are doing a standard compliant vcd each minute of mpeg1/vcd is about 10mb so on a 74minute 650mb cd-r you can get about 74-75 minutes on mpeg1/vcd so you set the source range to encode to the 74 minute mark then you set the source range to encode from the 74 minute mark to the end,this only really works if you are useing the "CBR" encodeing method..But it is a good idea to get a different mpeg editor cuz the one in tmpgenc can cause sync problems or crash on you, you can download a few mpeg editors at "www.apachez.net" but it is best to use the source range so you don"t have to deal with it....

Question - ASF to MPEG1-VCD No.24927
FaOctubre  2002-07-15 20:37:23 ( ID:rmp5w3xk5an )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying create VCD files from ASF but I have problems reading the Audio encoding.
If I read Aoudio and Video from the ASF, it take forever to convert and have audio problems.
If I convert ASF to WMV and read Video from ASF (for better quality) and Audio from WMV, then I can do it in 10 minutes.
Is there any way out ot second layer decoding for Audio that helps to avoid conversion from 2 sources?

Thanks

ASHY  2002-07-15 21:55:47 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load the file into Virtualdub_asf and frameserve it to TMPG.

ASHY

Bug report - Software conflict between MYDVD & TMPGEnc No.24925
Slammin'  2002-07-15 20:37:18 ( ID:hhwunupan1a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A few things,

- I'm using Sonic(tm) MYDVD to create DVDs on my hard drive. TMPGEnc
crashes while trying to load MPEG-2 layer files both in the wizard
& on the main program screen. If I uninstall MYDVD, TMPGEnc works
like a champ! (fix anyone?) :)

- Would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see the ability to export to .VOB format in
TMPGEnc so I can get rid of MYDVD altogether. If TMPGEnc created the
.VOB files, there's a proggie out there called IFOEDIT that will
create the necessary .IFO & .BUP files from the .VOB files.

- FWIW, Nero does NOT support the conversion of .MPG to .VOB. Nero
will only create the file system. You have to come up with the DVD. :)

Griff  2002-07-16 10:42:31 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> I'm using Sonic(tm) MYDVD to create DVDs on my hard drive. TMPGEnc
crashes while trying to load MPEG-2 layer files both in the wizard
& on the main program screen. If I uninstall MYDVD, TMPGEnc works
like a champ! (fix anyone?) :)

I have the same problem. The simple solution is to frameserve the mpeg2 files to TEMPGenc using DVD2AVI (to frameserve, "Frame Serve", quite literally means use software in a server-client relation. DVD2AVI serves the movie frames to the TEMPGenc client. there's no loss of quality ;-)

>Would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see the ability to export to .VOB format in
TMPGEnc so I can get rid of MYDVD altogether. If TMPGEnc created the
.VOB files, there's a proggie out there called IFOEDIT that will
create the necessary .IFO & .BUP files from the .VOB files.

Interesting idea. But if you're going to generate the VOB's you may as well generate the IFO's as well. Then TMPGEnc becomes an authoring package as well.

Griff

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.