TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 488 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Windows D2V file error kahnman 1 2002-07-14 04:59:41
Question myfile.avi can not open, or unsupported rmoore 6 2002-07-16 17:43:14
Question WinDVD crashes TMPGEnc Merge and Cut Clyde 0 2002-07-13 23:07:24
Question What is TMPGenc.vfp for WPWJr 5 2002-07-14 15:45:47
Question 20 fps avi conversion ellison93 5 2002-07-15 14:06:25
Question Audio won't encode mowgus 2 2002-07-13 17:15:09
Question Audio is distorted after converting to mpeg Soren 4 2002-07-14 16:01:55
Bug report PAL files do not cut and join correctly jeff 0 2002-07-13 12:27:32
Question Error message: -537403781 82320 diper 1 2002-07-13 12:58:11
Question this is not related to tmpgenc, but could anybody explain? Bagatur 5 2002-07-14 16:06:09
Question Problem cutting an mpeg hucker 1 2002-07-13 04:28:31
Question Tmpgenc shuts down during batch encode MrSmith 0 2002-07-13 02:08:47

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 488 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Windows D2V file error No.24833
kahnman  2002-07-14 00:09:40 ( ID:pu0dk5uesrr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When using DVD2AVI with Tmpenc or Tmpenc PLus on W2K it will not open or encode a d2v file extensions. Help

Talismar  2002-07-14 04:59:41 ( ID:z4bgrhvbzl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had a similar problem ... did some poking about and found out that the DVD2AVI program I had was missing a file ... make sure you have the file DVD2AVI.vfp in the folder with DVD2AVI and from what I've read you also need to copy that file into the TMPGen folder as well.

Hope that helps.

Talismar

Question - myfile.avi can not open, or unsupported No.24826
rmoore  2002-07-13 23:21:31 ( ID:3wccftysfnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an .avi file that plays fine on computers but when I try to convert it mpeg I get the error ... can not open, or unsupported

I am using TMPG 2.56

What do I need to do to have a compatable file?

Thanks in advance
rick

mojo77  2002-07-14 01:19:44 ( ID:v7w0p8fbmn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

install divx 3.1 and five.I had the same issue and it worked.

Olli  2002-07-14 19:12:02 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or install the Nimo codec pack which will provide Divx3 - 5 support

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/nimo/

ASHY  2002-07-14 19:23:20 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Search at the top of this BBS for 'unsupported'
Your answer will be presented many times.

ASHY

PamelaMoore  2002-07-16 00:25:01 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem. And looked everywhere for the answer. The only info I received from this forum was from ASHY who tells everyone to look on the page (and I looked thru several pages and found that a lot of us had this problem but couldn't get a straight answer from ASHY) Anyway. I found the answer by spending many hours looking. . . hope this helps.

Go to: http://nickyguides.digital.com/AVItoVCD.htm

This article addresses the issue. You must have TMPG12a. You have a later version and it won't support VCD's. You can download TMPG12A from the following address:

http://205.180.85.40/w/pc.cgi?mid=12499&sid=6751

Since the original TMPG12A is in Japanese,you will also need to download the English patch. This fixed the problem for me. Hope it helps you.

Pam

ASHY  2002-07-16 17:40:49 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Pamela you obviously did not check back to your original post, as I did answer your question there.
Also the solution to the problem is not using TMPG12a and is easily solved with ANY version.

Check back to your original post and you will find the answer waiting for you.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-16 17:43:14 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is your original post.
Question - How do I convert .avi files to mpeg? No.24754

Question - WinDVD crashes TMPGEnc Merge and Cut No.24825
Clyde  2002-07-13 23:07:24 ( ID:u1s8of2ek6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I installed WinDVD with no apparent problems.

Then I used TMPGEnc to create an MPG file (SVCD) using output of DVD2AVI and this worked fine. Then when I tried to use MERGE and CUT, TMPGEnc gave an error message that it had an internal problem and had to shutdown. Other features of TMPGEnc appear to work fine (at least those that I use).

I de-installed WinDVD (because things worked before I installed it) and then TMPGEnc Merge and Cut gave the error message that it could not open DIRECTSHOW.

I then used Windows XP's System Restore to restore to an earlier date (I think it restores system files and the registry) and then TMPGEnc Merge and Cut ran fine.

I searched the registry for DIRECTSHOW and there are many entries. It apparently has something to do with audio.

Anyone have ideas on how to install WinDVD and still be able to use TMPGEnc Merge and Cut? The rest of TMPGEnc seems to work with WinDVD installed.

Question - What is TMPGenc.vfp for No.24819
WPWJr  2002-07-13 19:33:06 ( ID:/yavq5lkghk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the TMPGenc.vfp file used for? I downloaded a zip file which has this in it but I don't know what to use it for.

Thanks for your help.

ASHY  2002-07-13 19:55:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is used for registering TMPG to VFAPI and is to allow other programs such as the VFAPI converter to open TMPG project files.

ASHY

WPWJr  2002-07-13 20:33:25 ( ID:/yavq5lkghk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you. What is VFAPI - is it a standard API for reading video? What programs use it?

Minion  2002-07-13 21:06:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VFAPI is one of the coolest and handyest tools and I use it all the time, What it can do is turn "d2v" files from dvd rips into avi files in a couple seconds so you can run the file through any program that eccepts avi files, and you can use tmpgenc progect files to turn into avi files also.This tool is very handy if you want to import d2v files into "premier" or any video editing or encodeing program,....

WPWJr  2002-07-13 23:58:33 ( ID:/yavq5lkghk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you. What is VFAPI - is it a standard API for reading video? What programs use it?

ASHY  2002-07-14 15:45:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes it is an interface which allows any file which has the relevant plugin installed to be opened with TMPG or indeed any program which uses the VFAPI interface.

ASHY

Question - 20 fps avi conversion No.24813
ellison93  2002-07-13 17:20:00 ( ID:mbxkp6yezda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a simple way to convert a 20 fps avi file to VCD format? Do I have to worry about audio sync?

ASHY  2002-07-13 17:22:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll give you the simple answer, no.

It involves a few steps and two other pieces of software. Virtual dub and Cooledit.

But it's not really that much of a big deal if you really want this conversion.

ASHY

ellison93  2002-07-13 20:28:41 ( ID:mbxkp6yezda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THanks. I do have the two software packages. I would reall appreciate any help you would be willing to give. Thanks again.

ASHY  2002-07-14 15:50:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only way is to change the framerate of the original AVI.
First you will have to extract the audio to a wav file using virtual dub.
Load the AVI file into virtualdub and extract the audio to a wav.
Next change the framerate to the one you want. When you do this note the time in the box at bottom right exactly and then convert it to seconds. WRITE THIS DOWN, you will need it later.

Close Virtualdub and download Cooledit 2000.
open Cool edit 2000.

When the program opens you will be presented with a box allowing you to choose 2 options. Choose options 1 and 3.

In the program click file>open and open the wav you created earlier.
Wait for it to finish then click 'Edit' and untick 'enable undo' then click 'select entire wave' next click 'Transform' and choose 'Time/pitch' from the drop down menu then click 'stretch'
In this box tick the following options:

Low precision
Time stretch (preserves pitch)

In the box that says 'Length' type in the exact figure you got in secs from Virtualdub for e.g. 4802.360 then click ok.
Wait for the program to do it's stuff then when its finished click 'file' then 'save as' and name and save your file as a wav.

This should give you a Wav file which will be the same length as the movie in the next step. Close Cool edit 2000.

To change the framerate of an AVI all you need is this program.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifrate.html

Change it to the framerate you want then load your AVI and your new wav into TMPG and encode as normal using the VCD PAL template.

Note: you may check that the audio is in sync with AVI by multiplexing the files with Virtualdub first.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-14 19:26:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Note to the above.
The suggestion of the VCD PAL template is only for use if it is relevant to your TV system. If not choose whichever template suits your system.

ASHY

ellison93  2002-07-15 14:06:25 ( ID:tewljaqqlcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many thanks! - I am anxious to give it a try.

Question - Audio won't encode No.24810
mowgus  2002-07-13 16:53:42 ( ID:wj7iq.lgi6m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ripped a DVD and have an audio and video file. I checked the audio file and it is complete. When I encode the movie it doesn't have any audio. Audio+Video system is selected.

Another point to note is that when I go into settings and edit audio I can't get any audio there either.

Anyone come across this before? DVD was ripped with CladDVD xp.

ASHY  2002-07-13 17:15:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have ypu ripped the audio to Ac3 or a wav. TMPG doesn't support AC3, so you should rip the audio to a wav file.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-13 17:15:09 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you ripped the audio to Ac3 or a wav. TMPG doesn't support AC3, so you should rip the audio to a wav file.

ASHY

Question - Audio is distorted after converting to mpeg No.24805
Soren  2002-07-13 13:54:48 ( ID:xlnf0vsqrnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey there!
I have a problem when converting AVI-files to VCD-mpeg files using TMPGEnc.

The audio sounds overdriven or distorted when I play the mpeg-file (and the VCD) like the volume is way too hig. AVI-file I used as source sounds perfect.

I have tried using TooLame for the sound in TMPGEnc but that seems to make no difference at all.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the distortion?

Thanks a lot in advance
Soren Kristiansen

ASHY  2002-07-13 17:20:40 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the original samplerate of the audio in the AVI?
If it is different from the standard vcd samplerate this may be yor problem as the samplerate converter isn't to good in TMPG.
Try using SCMPX or toolame as the samplerate converter if that doesn't work use virtual dub to change the sample rate of the audio in the AVI to 44.1 khz, make sure you check the 'high quality' check box when you do this.

You can also use Virtualdub or TMPG to reduce the audio if the distortion really is due to the audio being driven to high.

ASHY

Soren  2002-07-14 10:01:32 ( ID:xlnf0vsqrnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a lot!
It helped - BUT I'm still having problems.
The AVI was 48 KHz. Now I save the sound as a 44.1 KHz wave-file using VirtualDub (and checking High Quality), and then encode the video from AVI-file and the sound from the wave-file in TMPGEnc.

The distortion is gone and for a while I thought everything was fine.

But now I have "clicks" whenever the sound is loud. These clicks are NOT in the 44.1 KHz wave-file that I made in VirtualDub.

Do you know how to get rid of the clicks?

Thanks
Soren

Soren  2002-07-14 11:08:08 ( ID:xlnf0vsqrnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I've found out how to get rid of the clicks myself.
I tried the MPEG-file in my other computer which has the same motherboard but another sound card and here the clicks are gone.

So I guess I just have to find another driver for the sound card in the first computer, a SB 128 PCI.

Soren

ASHY  2002-07-14 16:01:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the clicks are due to the audio being to high and is causing distortion which has the effect of causing your sound card to clip the audio. Some sound cards are more tolerant of high volume which is probably why it works better in your other machine.

I would use virtualdub again but this time reduce the audio by 50% and see how it sounds. I'm pretty sure this is your problem as encoding wavs to MPEG audio doesn't involve using your sound card. It's just that MPEG audio is less tolerant to high volume than wav audio thus causing the distortion.

ASHY

Bug report - PAL files do not cut and join correctly No.24804
jeff  2002-07-13 12:27:32 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have found that a Pal encoded mpg file does not correctly cut and join in TMPGenc. If I convert the file to NTSC, it works correctly.

Thanks

Jeff

Question - Error message: -537403781 82320 No.24802
diper  2002-07-13 11:09:41 ( ID:x.rmf5quc.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

People,

Everytime I encode lately I get a errormessage saying: -537403781 82320
When I click the OK button it continous encoding again, and 5 sec later it pops up again. Any idea what this is? TMPG has been working before I statred getting these messages......

/Diper

Diper  2002-07-13 12:58:11 ( ID:x.rmf5quc.f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I deleted the tmpg files, unzipped them again into another dir.....and VOILA....it works.......

/D

Question - this is not related to tmpgenc, but could anybody explain? No.24796
Bagatur  2002-07-13 04:10:40 ( ID:2cjarkgbnqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have an SVCD image, but i dont wanna burn it and watch it,
i would rather extract the mpeg file with cdmage and watch that
mpeg file... and here is what happens - if i watch it with windvd
(windows media player wouldnt play it) it would give me a black
screen, no sound and the movie time would pass so quickly as if
i fast forward it :( what's the matter?

Minion  2002-07-13 04:34:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You didn"t give us much information to go on,so have you actually watched this svcd/mpeg2 file before? or did you encode it and now you are haveing problems watching it?Or was it a svcd and you extracted the file off the cd-r and you are haveing problems watching it?If you encoded this file your self and have never watched the file before then I suspect that the file is blank,just a black screen, but with out anymore information it is hard to give you an answer so post back and someone will try to help....

jeff  2002-07-13 12:31:13 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

SVD files do not play in Windows Media Player v 7. You will need a DVD player such as PowerDVD to play a Super VCD movie. The first alternative is to encode the SVCD into VCD using tmpgenc and play it in Media Player, the second is to get a copy of Powerdvd or Windvd that will play vcd/svcd/dvd files. I hope this helps.

ASHY  2002-07-13 13:32:51 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem is most likely CDMAGE. Sometimes CDMAGE doesn't extract MPEGs correctly.
Try ISO buster if that doesn't work, download Daemon tools and then load your SVCD image into the virtual drive it creates.
http://www.daemon-tools.com

ASHY

Bagatur  2002-07-13 20:06:16 ( ID:2cjarkgbnqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

more info:
it's an svcd movie i got from internet,
i didnt burn and actually dont want to.
so i extracted mpeg file from the image
using cdmage and watched it with windvd4.
what happened - see above.
as for using isobuster - i have actually tried
this on 2 movies - both time - same result..
do u think that cdmage would extract mpeg files
incorrectly 2 times in a row??
i mean, what's the diff between extracting an mpeg
file or any other?

ASHY  2002-07-14 16:06:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depends on the MPEG. I have had this problem many times. The only way to do it correctly and almost guaranteed to work is to download Daemon tools. It's free, quick to install and will solve your problem.

ASHY

Question - Problem cutting an mpeg No.24794
hucker  2002-07-13 02:55:19 ( ID:mgvqu5sp8pn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having problems cutting a 1.28 GB mpeg into smaller pieces for backing up onto cd, using MPEG Tools. It is a MPEG 1 constant bitrate video, and when I enter 56 minutes as the end time for the first piece, it usually stops it at 40 minutes. When I go from 40 minutes to the last frame, it only gives me like 2 more minutes, then ends the file. The original movie is 2 hrs 10 minutes and 5 seconds. Is the length of the movie a problem? Any recommendations as to the best way to cut mpegs into smaller pieces if MPEG tools won't work?

Thanks
hucker

Minion  2002-07-13 04:28:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The mpeg tools seem to crash or freeze or have no audio output or other some sort of problem, I usually encode my movies in parts to I don"t have to edit , but if I have to I use a different mpeg editor like m2-edit pro or mpeg2vcr, you can download demo"s of them at www.apachez.net, or at there respective web sites....

Question - Tmpgenc shuts down during batch encode No.24793
MrSmith  2002-07-13 02:08:47 ( ID:hnk01mjcy8m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to do batch encodes and tmpgenc keeps shutting down completely after encoding only the first two or so files in the batch. When it shuts down it also clears the batch list. The last attempt it did this with was a batch of 4 files and it only did 2.

I am doing inverse telecine on 29.97 fps material by prior to the batch operation instead of during. Creating SVCD files using the included NTSC Film wizard template.

This is very frustrating. Any information as to why it is happening and what to do about it is most welcome.

MrSmith

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.