TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 498 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Request Sound Sync Calvin' 1 2002-07-06 09:09:00
Question movie freezes Nightcrawler 0 2002-07-04 04:08:59
Question Index of scan line? larzilla 0 2002-07-04 03:12:55
Question VBR Audio out of sync Steven 1 2002-07-04 03:53:04
Question 30 min AVI turns in 45 minute MPEG jstevens 1 2002-07-04 01:26:43
Question how to extract sound from avi in ac3 format? Bagatur 11 2002-07-12 13:49:01
Request AC3 support using besweet ? Asok 1 2002-07-03 20:37:21
Question No difference with fast vs. normal motion search? Gene 4 2002-07-04 04:08:03
Request For Attention of the administrator or moderator of this BBS ASHY 1 2002-08-24 23:10:05
Question Split - Only get first 05:09 minutes msalerno 7 2002-07-05 19:04:26
Question How do i get some audio?? diesel 7 2002-07-05 19:25:52
Request Suggestion of function jpsdr 0 2002-07-03 11:27:37

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 498 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Request - Sound Sync No.24444
Calvin'  2002-07-04 05:42:18 ( ID:yvmo3ty8nio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Lately, some of the new mpegs i made had a sound sync problem. I'm sure it wasn't a problem with the original avi since that played fine. This is just a suggestion to put something to fix any sync problems in the mpeg tools.

ASHY  2002-07-06 09:09:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can find the tool you are looking for in BBMPEG.
BBMPEG will allow you to skew the audio when multiplexing.

As a note, what most people don't realise is that a great percentage of these AVI's which have been downloaded which may play ok and in sync are usually at fault for sync probs not TMPG. The reason being is that a lot of these crappy AVI's are originally out of sync and have been adjusted by skewing the audio to re-sync the movie.
These then play ok, but when it comes to encoding this skew is ignored by the encoding program and thus ends up out of sync.
If the AVI is loaded into Virtualdub first it will usually tell you how much skew has been added. You can then add this skew to the MPEG using the audio gap correct in the source range before encoding.

ASHY

Question - movie freezes No.24443
Nightcrawler  2002-07-04 04:08:59 ( ID:v/fkcvkaosl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

at first i had no problems creating vcd. now everytime i use tmpgenc my movie plays good on my dvd for about 10 minutes and then it starts freezing. the converted version of the movie does the same thing on my computer while the unconverted version plays fine on my computer. PLEASE HELP

Question - Index of scan line? No.24442
larzilla  2002-07-04 03:12:55 ( ID:mj6jtm1vlfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to combine a .wav file & an .avi file it comes up saying
"index of scan line is out of range (239)" What does that mean? I have other files that seem the same and they work fine. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks, Larry

Question - VBR Audio out of sync No.24440
Steven  2002-07-04 03:08:44 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I use VirtualDub it tells me to reencode the audio as a wav. When I do that and use tmpgenc the movie becomes out of sync in the audio. I have even tried to make the Avi(DivX) a single cd I get a constant error message. I have about ten movies I've downloaded that I have "VBR audio needs to be recommpressed".

Minion  2002-07-04 03:53:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can re-sync your mpeg by de-muxing it and re-muxing with a program like "bbmpeg" or "mpegvcr" cuz they have a option so you can off-set the audio or video to sync them up, and there is a function in tmpgenc in the source range that lets you off-set the audio so you can sync up while encodeing...

Question - 30 min AVI turns in 45 minute MPEG No.24438
jstevens  2002-07-03 23:00:56 ( ID:vbipbrqd40h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello All,

Just found the BBS.

I have a 30 minute AVI file (actually several) when I conver to MPEG NTSC VCD (using the wizard) I wind up with a 45 minute MPEG the file size is 518mb and should be a little over 300mb if my math is correct.

Any Ideas?

Jerry

Minion  2002-07-04 01:26:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don"t leave us in suspence what is on the other 15 minutes????is it just the last frame repeated for 15 minutes?usually errors like these have to do with some sort of problem with your file, try useing the "source range" and set the begining and end points of the movie and see if tmpgenc encodes it correctly....

Question - how to extract sound from avi in ac3 format? No.24426
Bagatur  2002-07-03 21:37:15 ( ID:2cjarkgbnqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i do have ac3 decoder,
but it wont load any files except ac3 and some other format,
i cant load avi files there...
so what do i do?

ASHY  2002-07-03 23:46:42 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying you want to extract the ac3 from the AVI?
You should be able to do this with Virtualdub_ac3 no problem. Just make sure you use the direct stream copy option under the audio tab.

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/virtualdub.html

ASHY

Bagatur  2002-07-08 18:04:47 ( ID:2cjarkgbnqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the problem with this file is that although i can watch it OK in windows media
player, virtual dub wouldnt open it saying that the file is of unknown or
unsupported format :(
how could that be?
what should i do?
help please?

ASHY  2002-07-09 00:44:05 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may need to install another codec, but it seems strange that media player plays it and Virtualdub won't open it. Do you know what codec it uses?

ASHY

Bagatur  2002-07-09 19:52:59 ( ID:2cjarkgbnqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that's the problem - properties of that file wont give me ANY info as for
it's video and audio properties :(( generally, properties say everything,
encoding, bitrate, framerate, u name it... so i dont even know what to think
about this movie file :(
if it helps, tmpgenc can open it, i can play around with it, but when i start
encoding, it gives an error about starting some module or something - sound i
guess...
any ideas??

ASHY  2002-07-10 18:57:27 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this file actually an AVI?
If you can play this file in the old media player 6.4 and click properties it should tell you what the file is. I'm guessing it's not an AVI.

ASHY

Bagatur  2002-07-11 00:09:21 ( ID:2cjarkgbnqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

here what it says in propertes about media:
media type: video
audio codec: Morgan Stream Switcher
video codec: Subtitle Mixer 0029

does is say anything to you?
weird video codec name, but what the hell do i know about video codecs? nothing :)

any ideas what it could be?

ASHY  2002-07-11 01:25:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unusual. Subtitle Mixer 0029 is not a codec it is a filter for adding subtitles.

Here is a link to a program which will tell you ,more or less everything about an AVI. http://isengrim.rotegruetze.net/avi-info.html

It may give you a clue as to what codec the file is using.

ASHY

Bagatur  2002-07-11 17:42:37 ( ID:2cjarkgbnqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

u were right, dude.
that program said that my file is now avi :(
how can i find out what file is it?

ASHY  2002-07-11 22:05:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you mean the program told you it isn't an AVI? or it is an AVI.
Please post the info the program gave you here.
What extension does this file have?

ASHY

Bagatur  2002-07-12 00:49:42 ( ID:2cjarkgbnqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the files DOES have an extension avi, but when i click "open avi" button in
avi info proggy, and choose that file - it displays a window saying "file is no avi" and "ok" button. that's it.
maybe some smartass changed extension? or what could be the problem?
how can i know what video format it is?

ASHY  2002-07-12 13:49:01 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sound as though this file isn't an AVI at all.
Maybe it is WMV or MJPEG.

Don't use Media player 7/8 or right click the file for the properties.
If you play this file in the old media player 6.4 and click properties it should tell you what the file is.

Either way I don't think you going to be able to extract the AC3 from this file, if is indeed Ac3 which I suspect it isn't.
How do you know the audio is Ac3?

The only way would be to extract the audio to a wav.

ASHY

Request - AC3 support using besweet ? No.24424
Asok  2002-07-03 20:02:34 ( ID:8wboed5ypwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Would be nice if Tmpegenc could support AC3 files as input for sound... perhaps using the besweet/Acid/Lame software ?

// Asok

ASHY  2002-07-03 20:37:21 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It can if you install an AC3 filter.

ASHY

Question - No difference with fast vs. normal motion search? No.24419
Gene  2002-07-03 18:10:52 ( ID:btzjnekwsrj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using TMPGEnc for some time now. Recently, I purchased a DVD burner and started playing with the idea of getting 2 hours onto a single disc. Compressing the audio to AC3 makes this possible. While playing around with the 2 pass VBR....I noticed that if I set the motion search to high quality.... the encode took about 24 hours on my P4 1.6 and produced a 3.5 gig file (Digital8 source) and setting motion search to fast, the same encode took about 10 hours and produced a 3.5 gig file as well. Now.....on my 32" RCA CRT TV.....it's impossible to tell the difference. Why? Hell....if I can get the same results using fast motion search......I'm there!!! But since it looks exactly as the high quality setting, why use anything but fast? Anyone else notice this?

On a side note......I'm thinking about getting into the business of converting peoples home movies to DVD......what should I charge for something like this? And instead of crunching with TMPGEnc, wonder if I bought a Philips DVR for $1,000 and just pumped the video from my source, straight to the DVR and let it crunch 2 hours to a DVD in real time. Wonder how the quality compares to that vs. using TMPGEnc?

ASHY  2002-07-03 18:25:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The reason that you probably don't see much difference in the quality of the two files is because you are using a reasonably high bitrate to encode.
The motion search precision only really affects files that are encoded with a lower bitrate as this bitrate has to be better allocated as there isn't any spare to go round unlike when encoding to a DVD.
Using the high quality setting searches further ahead in the file for motion and allocates the bitrate for those frames accordingly and DOES make a difference where VCD and SVCD are concerned and the difference will even then probably only be noticable in fast action scenes, so take another look at something moving fast and compare.

The other explanation is that seeing as you are using a 2 pass, the bitrate for each scene is already set in the first pass for each scene in the second pass and therefore the motion search setting won't have much of an influence except for slowing things down and maybe increasing the quality only slightly, which in any case you would find hard to see on a TV of your size.

On another note the time it is taking to encode a movie is for some reason pretty slow for the speed of your PC, even for 2 pass.
Most movies will take 4 hrs max on my system when using 2 pass set at normal precision.

Gene  2002-07-03 21:03:16 ( ID:btzjnekwsrj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I capture my video over the firewire port into VegasVideo 3.0 at 720x480. As for bit rates....don't really play with them. Just use the wizards. I keep hearing how CQ is better than 2 pass VBR. It was explained that if you want to fit 2 hours of video onto DVD and have it look nice, use 2 pass VBR. If you want awesome quality video and don't care about size, go with CQ. I was using CQ for moving home videos to DVD but getting 1 hour per disc kinda stunk so I looked into 2p-vbr and 2 hours can easily fit onto a DVD disc with AC3 audio. NOW....I see some people claiming to get 2 hours of CQ onto a single 4.7 gig DVD disc. How so? Even with AC3 audio, my CQ files were coming out around 3+ gigs per hour. What are they doing right? I don't want visual artifacts in my video so I don't wanna lower my max bitrate while using CQ to say 6000. I usually keep that at 7000 or 8000. Is that their trick? CQ with a max bitrate of 6000?

ASHY  2002-07-03 23:17:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not the max bitrate you need to worry about, it's the minimum bitrate and as far as I'm aware 2000 kps should be the lowest minimum when using CQ and 9000 kps the max bitrate. You will then have to play with the quality slider to acheive the best quality and file size to fit on one DVD without artifacts. This should be easily possible on a DVD as I can do it using CQ on to 2 80min Cd's.

I have tested TMPG's DVD template which uses the CQ method and the settings are more or less right to fit a regular movie on one DVD without artifacts. It all depends on the length of the movie.
If you do see artifacts don't play with the bitrate just increase the slider slightly until they disappear.

ASHY

Gene  2002-07-04 04:08:03 ( ID:/8ib7sjefkn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, could you please post or email me a .MCF template file which will allow me to put 2 hours of Digital8 footage onto a DVD disc with no artifacts? My video is targeted for NTSC DVD 720x480 rez.

Thanks

Request - For Attention of the administrator or moderator of this BBS No.24417
ASHY  2002-07-03 17:35:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please please please would it be possible to create some sort of FAQ regarding TMPGenc to answer the most common questions which regularly come up on this board.
The regular users of this board such as myself,Minion and a few of the others are by now fed up with answering the same old lame questions over and over again.

I would be quite willing to create this FAQ and email it to you for you to peruse and edit as you wish and I'm sure there are a few others who would also be happy to help.

Please feel free to email me with any correspondence regarding this matter.

ASHY

rickki804  2002-08-24 23:10:05 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,
While you are truly, a god-send to us"newbies", surely you must remember when you first started out and had to sometimes ask the same question over and over again. Having a bit of knowledge myself(not nearly the level that you have)I have learned to search out the info rather than ask the question. While I understand the way you feel, I would ask for a little more patience with those of us just starting out.

Thank you again for you help with my problems you have been great.

Question - Split - Only get first 05:09 minutes No.24409
msalerno  2002-07-03 16:50:05 ( ID:jfjga0zzoqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using TMPEGEnc 2.56.39.143 and I am trying to split a 1.2gig file into vcd sized files. I am trying using the MPEG tools to split the file. The problem is that I am only getting the first 5:09 minutes. The process completes with no errors, but I am left with a 52meg file that is only 5:09 minutes long. I don't think that I am doing anything wrong. I will admit that I am new to this, but the process seems pretty simple.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

ASHY  2002-07-03 18:29:24 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Post the process you are using to split the file in detail and I will tell if it's correct.

ASHY

msalerno  2002-07-03 21:10:47 ( ID:jfjga0zzoqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, here goes.
1. File -> MPEG Tools
2. Select Merge & Cut
3. For "Type" select "MPEG-1 Video-CD"
( Have tried all selections, same thing every time)
4. Click on "Add" and browse to and open 1.2gig mpeg file.
5. Select the newly listed mpeg under "File" and click on "Edit"
6. Set the range.
( Have tried manually and with the slide )
( Range 00:00:00 to 58:00:24 )
7. Hit OK.
8. Set location and filename of output file by clicking browse.
9. Click on "Run"
- Video Stream Stops at 310.31 sec
- Audio Stream Stops at 310.33 sec

The output is the same a 52 meg file that is only 5:09 minutes long.

ASHY  2002-07-03 23:01:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Seems like you are doing it mostly right.
Try this. Move the slider to the point where you wish to split the movie then click the play button, wait for the movie to start playing then click the pause button and then click the end marker }

Now click ok and then click the correct button and then click run.
Tell me how it goes.

ASHY

msalerno  2002-07-04 06:49:10 ( ID:jfjga0zzoqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It went just as the other ones did.
- Video Stream Stops at 310.31 sec
- Audio Stream Stops at 310.33 sec

Nothing changed,

ffast  2002-07-04 08:30:24 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Remember tmpgenc's MPEG tool officially supports MPEG files which is encoded by TMPGEnc only.

Minion  2002-07-04 22:27:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The mpeg tools seem to have so many problems I don"t even use them for anything accept putting headers on files ,My advice is if you have problems with the mpeg tools just use something different cuz from my experience there isn"t much you can do to get the mpeg tools to work if they decide not to work....

ASHY  2002-07-05 19:04:26 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll never understand why people have so many problems with the MPEGtools. I hardly ever have a problem with them and after all this time after of using TMPG have only ever had a few and don't usually use MPEGs encoded by TMPG.

This may have something to do with the fact that I always encode my MPEG2 video and audio separately with different programs and then multiplex with the tools and then cut.

Maybe it's the headers that TMPG attaches when encoding the MPEG that are causing the problem not the tools themselves. In this case maybe it would be a good idea to demultiplex the MPEG and then re-multiplex again and then try and cut.

ASHY

Question - How do i get some audio?? No.24401
diesel  2002-07-03 16:09:00 ( ID:xvivcfkpgxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Let me preface this by saying that I'm totally new to ripping dvds everything that has to do with it. Okay so here's what I've done so far. First i have the Almost Famous DVD. I wanted to be able to have it for viewing on my pc. So i used DVD Decrypter. I think this ripped the DVD. DVD Decrypter gave me 6 VOB files. Next, I used a program called DVD2AVI. I think this program is supposed to convert the VOB files into AVI and WAV files. I dont know why i just got av AVI file and no WAV file! I think this is my problem. I have an AUP file. So next I used TMPGENC and I have a video source which is an AVI file and i selected that. But, I don't have any WAV file for the audio source, and I tried using the AUP file, but got an error that said File cannot open or unsupported.
Can somebody help me so I can enjoy my dvd without having to use the dvd each time i wanna see it?

ASHY  2002-07-03 17:44:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wrong, wrong and wrong again.
Firstly you should use smartripper to rip your Vobs from the DVD to your hard drive.
Second regardless of it's name, you don't use DVD2AVI to create an AVI, this is pointless if you are creating an MPEG. You need to create a d2v project file with DVD2AVI.
To extract the audio you need to select track 1 as the track number from the audio tab in DVD2AVI.

DVD2AVI will then create 2 files, one is the video, a d2v project file and the audio is a wav file and you load both into TMPG.

Click the link below for more info how to use DVD2AVI with TMPG.
http://www.vcdhelp.com/sefy/?id=ClassicalGuide.html

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-03 17:48:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another question. Are you ripping this DVD to watch on the PC only?
If so it is pointless using TMPG to create an MPEG, you may as well create an AVI instead which will be higher in quality and smaller in file size.

ASHY

diesel  2002-07-03 22:57:32 ( ID:smfcc0odjak )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well how do i do that then? Sorry if I'm really stupid. I have an AVI file already.

I have a d2v project file and i did select track 1, but no wav.

ASHY  2002-07-03 23:27:55 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What version of DVD2AVI do you have.
Under the audio tab make sure these options are checked:
Track number - Track 1 (this will give you English audio)
Channel format - Auto select
Dolby digital - Decode and Dolby surround downmix
Mp3 compress>use - disable

This should give you a wav file if it doesn't you have a problem with the vobs and I suggest ripping them again with smartripper or try and use a program called VOB2AUDIO to rip the audio to a wav from the VOBs.

ASHY

diesel  2002-07-04 03:36:44 ( ID:okno.di141r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm using DVD2AVI version 1.77.3
ok i got the VOB2AUDIO program and ripped the audio.
after that, i ran TMPGENC again. I selected my D2V file for video source.
Next i selected the WAV file that VOB2AUDIO made, but I get an error that says file cannot open or unsupported.

diesel  2002-07-04 04:07:42 ( ID:okno.di141r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

got DVD2AVI version 1.6 did all that stuff over
tried using TMPGENC using new D2V as video source file. And used the same file I used before (that i got using VOB2AUDIO). GOt same error.

ASHY  2002-07-05 19:25:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you absolutely sure you are ripping to a wav and not ac3.

Try this. Go to Options>enviromental setting>VFAPI plugins and right click the wav file reader and raise the priority to 1 or 2.

If that doesn't work you could use dbpoweramp or the much faster MPEGDJencoder to encode you wav to an MP2 file and then multiplex with your encoded video and is the way I do it as MPEGDJencoder is at least 5 times faster than TMPG at encoding audio anyway.

ASHY

Request - Suggestion of function No.24400
jpsdr  2002-07-03 11:27:37 ( ID:dslomdpf1.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.
It may be interesting to have the possibility of making one MPEG file
from several files. For exemple, you have in input File01.avi File02.avi
and those two files are encoded together, to create a File.mpg.
You'll said : encode the two files and after join them. The fact is that
it will be the same for all encoding process, EXCEPT for the 2-pass VBR.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.